Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,193 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass (43180 Views)

United States Investors Coming To Lekki Free Trade Zone: US Consul General / Before BVAS, Some People Write Election Results - Governor Inuwa Yahaya / Lagos Free Zone: US Mission In Nigeria To Facilitate Increased Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Seunelvis(m): 7:30pm On Sep 12, 2020
YoungBlackRico:
Lolx, this one is probably underage grin or never step foot out of SE
That is why I thank God for my decision to leave Lagos and all the south to study in Nasarawa state, now telling my FAM that always calling me mallam that I didn't study in hausaland that Nasarawa, Benue, Plateau, Taraba, abj, Kogi all even south of Kaduna are not Hausa/Fulani is still baffling them. prior to the jihad there was no emir in all those places mentioned above, even abj till now Dont have emirs, they are trying to force in abj but gbagyi ppl no gree, fact Hausa are not more than five States in the north, and are not muslims before the Jihad they have their traditional religion,what happened was that after the jihad was that most Hausa ppl that fled the war came down to the middle belt. Me telling me ppl down here after graduation that those places above are not Hausa and most of them are Christians and there are more ethnic group in the north still baffles them. if someone check well self they have more Christian population than us that's y Fulani ppl are trying to push then to the wall, like Plateau now as never had a Muslim governor never and I'm not sure they will ever have cause those ppl hate Hausa/Fulani jos crisis will give you the record, Hausa are minorities in Nasarawa with Eggon and Alago and madam being the main ppl eggon is the dominant ethnic group, Benue are Mainly Tiv and Idoma, with other tribes like uju, novemir who born you where there is ochidoma, and Tor'Tiv strong kings. in fact even the north east is not Hausa, they have there own dynasty, it was Jihad if not for British that stopped that war they would have taken over Nigeria, hmm those ppl that came in tru caravan slave( Trans shahara trade). so it was after the Jihad that started in Gobir forcing out the Last Hausa king Tunfa that Uthman Dan fodio put his brother as the head of Sokoto calaphate while he was in other that have forgotten the name. so no reason am if the minorities in north rise up Hausa/Fulani themselves are minorities in the North. But everybody adopted the language for common understanding, if Eggon, Mada, Alago, Tiv of Benue and Taraba, remember Tiv is forgottenthe Fourth largest ethnic group in Nigeria, Idoma, Nupe in Niger state (even Niger state don't have emir, they have their king have forgotten his name, if all these group decided to speak their language nobody will understand anyone hence the adoption of a popular one which Hausa.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Halexgos3(m): 7:30pm On Sep 12, 2020
Kwara is north and kogi too is from North simple as ABC
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2020
spiralwedge:
A lot of nigerians are illiterate despite going to school.

When they say 3 major tribes, it doesn't everything must be grouped into these 3. It is disgusting to do so and also stupid. You don't even need to travel before you understand this.

Disgusting.

Very correct I support you 100% illiteracy and stupidity is Nigerian profession. And the people will only vote for a criminal

2 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by proxillin(m): 7:37pm On Sep 12, 2020
expect fulani herdsmen, an armed wing of APC to start attacking/killing them
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by chibuzorAbia: 7:39pm On Sep 12, 2020
tamdun:

Many people know nothing about ilorin, it easier for ilorin to join South West than okun people, I keep telling people that emir of ilorin will never pray for Nigeria to devide because there is no way ilorin will be left behind, the next town after ogbomoso(oyo) is ilorin and after u leave ilorin (heading to North) there are 100s of yoruba town/villages like oke oyi, jebba, share etc, the last time I visited oke oyi, I witnessed their masquerade festival.
Now tell me how they going to merge ilorin with North? Will they erase those yoruba towns from existence ni, is like saying lagos will be part of biafra, will u skip ibadan, ogun etc

Are you alright OP?

Biafra and Lagos? In what context?

Oh because we have been flooded by Igbo refugees due to the useless one Nigeria?
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2020
Seunelvis:

That is why I thank God for my decision to leave Lagos and all the south to study in Nasarawa state, now telling my FAM that always calling me mallam that I didn't study in hausaland that Nasarawa, Benue, Plateau, Taraba, abj, Kogi all even south of Kaduna are not Hausa/Fulani is still baffling them. prior to the jihad there was no emir in all those places mentioned above, even abj till now Dont have emirs, they are trying to force in abj but gbagyi ppl no gree, fact Hausa are not more than five States in the north, and are not muslims before the Jihad they have their traditional religion,what happened was that after the jihad was that most Hausa ppl that fled the war came down to the middle belt. Me telling me ppl down here after graduation that those places above are not Hausa and most of them are Christians and there are more ethnic group in the north still baffles them. if someone check well self they have more Christian population than us that's y Fulani ppl are trying to push then to the wall, like Plateau now as never had a Muslim governor never and I'm not sure they will ever have cause those ppl hate Hausa/Fulani jos crisis will give you the record, Hausa are minorities in Nasarawa with Eggon and Alago and madam being the main ppl eggon is the dominant ethnic group, Benue are Mainly Tiv and Idoma, with other tribes like uju, novemir who born you where there is ochidoma, and Tor'Tiv strong kings. in fact even the north east is not Hausa, they have there own dynasty, it was Jihad if not for British that stopped that war they would have taken over Nigeria, hmm those ppl that came in tru caravan slave( Trans shahara trade). so it was after the Jihad that started in Gobir forcing out the Last Hausa king Tunfa that Uthman Dan fodio put his brother as the head of Sokoto calaphate while he was in other that have forgotten the name. so no reason am if the minorities in north rise up Hausa/Fulani themselves are minorities in the North. But everybody adopted the language for common understanding, if Eggon, Mada, Alago, Tiv of Benue and Taraba, remember Tiv is forgottenthe Fourth largest ethnic group in Nigeria, Idoma, Nupe in Niger state (even Niger state don't have emir, they have their king have forgotten his name, if all these group decided to speak their language nobody will understand anyone hence the adoption of a popular one which Hausa.

This is the mistake which most people are making in Nigeria. It is not about tribe example hausa Igbo Yoruba, it is all about religion as long as you are a Muslim in Nigeria you are under the fulanis nothing else that is the religion in the country. So all of this hausa Tribe does not really count. Because by the end of the day they are Muslims and they are under the fulanis. It is the same issue with Pakistan and India long ago where the Muslims when they are away and created Pakistan. Today's some of them are running back to India

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by olasaad(f): 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2020
motherlode:
Even though their concerns are genuine, it is practically impossible to cede them to the south west based on geographical segregation because they represent just a chunk of Kogi's landmass that shares land border with Edo, Enugu and Benue. Their goal can only be achieved with equal cooperation from Kwara state and Kogi as a whole. They all must speak in unison else, nothing worthwhile will be done.

Pls don't bring Kwara into this because na themselves they packed their bag and baggage and lived Kwara to align with Kogi. But because their suffering now increase in kogi more than Kwara they now want to leave the place again.

So now where will our brothers go now Me I think Ekiti

3 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:43pm On Sep 12, 2020
GarangDeMabior:
Zone them out of nigeria into Oduduwa.

People are talking of moving out of the current Federal arrangements, these ones are talking about moving into SW.

Mtcheew.

It's all part of the same thing, if you don't know. We are simply aligning ourselves properly.

We are not Abokis.

We Okun are Yoruba.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:44pm On Sep 12, 2020
olasaad:

Pls don't bring Kwara into this because na themselves they packed their bag and baggage and lived Kwara to align with Kogi. But because their suffering now increase in kogi more than Kwara they now want to leave the place again.

Is it not Babangida who did it in 1991 again?
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:46pm On Sep 12, 2020
GarangDeMabior:

These places you named have been known as north for a long time.

They have a common language binding them which is Hausa.

Go anywhere in Okunland and speak Hausa, if people won't be looking at you like a you are a slowpoke.

Speak Yoruba, then you will know you are in Yoruba land.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Jackmj(m): 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2020
Mtcheeew how will that help the country
Whether South West or North it does not have effect on me
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2020
Seunelvis:

As in ehn, ignorance really is a disease. Who born Hausa for Kogi? They all speak their individual languages even in the capital, they only switch to pidgin or English when they need to interact with someone from another tribe. Talking about Kwara, Yoruba is spoken all through except for some places in Kwara North. The two states, I know like the back of hands, na him one person go sit down for 5% region dey yarn dust for cyberspace. Nonsense.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Haywhysat: 7:49pm On Sep 12, 2020
Cloud007:
stop spewing trash if you don't want to be unfortunate. Hausa in kwara?.... Am sure you Never been to the state before.

What are u saying, do you understand English at all? Read my comment again. I quoted the person that said hausa is common in Kwara. I have yoruba family in Kwara and I do visit.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by uBuNiT: 7:51pm On Sep 12, 2020
Igbochief001:
Make I hear say u see that Yoruba boy forming hausa here
So you self know ? Ndi egbuwara ishi

2 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by TechSkill: 7:52pm On Sep 12, 2020
Romanoff:

You don't get it. Imagine a Yoruba speaking person being called a northerner when you don't even share similar cultures or values.

I personally hate it.
same thing with igbos in Delta state and Rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by olasaad(f): 7:52pm On Sep 12, 2020
Jeezuzpick:

Is it not Babangida who did it in 1991 again?

Yes
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:53pm On Sep 12, 2020
olasaad:

Duh, If you ask me...no one should even bring Kwara into SW self. undecided Yall can align with the North, keep being their slaves.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 12, 2020
Romanoff:

You don't get it. Imagine a Yoruba speaking person being called a northerner when you don't even share similar cultures or values.

I personally hate it.

You're Okun?
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Romanoff(f): 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2020
Mraphel:

Is lokoja part of Okun?

No
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2020
YoungBlackRico:
As in ehn, ignorance really is a disease. Who born Hausa for Kogi? They all speak their individual languages even in the capital, they only switch to pidgin or English when they need to interact with someone from another tribe. Talking about Kwara, Yoruba is spoken all through except for some places in Kwara North. The two states, I know like the back of hands, na him one person go sit down for 5% region dey yarn dust for cyberspace. Nonsense.
This has nothing to do with hausa Yoruba or Igbo. It has been like this from beginning Islam vs Christianity this is the whole point as long as Yoruba and igbos do not open their eyes and see

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Ategberoson(m): 7:56pm On Sep 12, 2020
Halexgos3:
You are a fool

if I report you now they will call me a coward

cc: lalasticlala Mynd44

take care of this disobedient member, he just broke rule 2

4 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by motherlode: 7:56pm On Sep 12, 2020
olasaad:

The people of Okun never migrated from Kwara... Historical account has it that they migrated from Ile Ife. Nobody is bringing Kwara into anything as you referred, i am only stating the obvious fact which is that the okun people need all the help they can get to be successfully ceded to the south west else, nothing worthwhile will happen.

3 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Romanoff(f): 7:56pm On Sep 12, 2020
prekumohtim:

You are regarded as a Northerner, is not the same thing as Hausa/Fulani person .

Why should Yoruba people with close proximity with two south west states be affiliated with Northern Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Romanoff(f): 7:57pm On Sep 12, 2020
aminusodiq:
are u from Kogi state... Stayed for a year in okunland... D pounded yam people grin

Our pounded yam na die o. Five people to one mortar pounding the fluffiest pounded yam ever known to man.

7 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Romanoff(f): 7:58pm On Sep 12, 2020
Reinaldo:

You're Okun?

Yes I am.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by ModestGal(f): 8:00pm On Sep 12, 2020
Haywhysat:
Hausa is common in Kwara? Lol, seems you haven't been to Kwara before
Some people spew rubbish with confidence, the guy is an example. They speak Hausa in Ilorin, lmao
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:00pm On Sep 12, 2020
motherlode:
Even though their concerns are genuine, it is practically impossible to cede them to the south west based on geographical segregation because they represent just a chunk of Kogi's landmass that shares land border with Edo, Enugu and Benue. Their goal can only be achieved with equal cooperation from Kwara state and Kogi as a whole. They all must speak in unison else, nothing worthwhile will be done.
You probably missed geography class or something. There's Ondo and Ekiti.

2 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Cloud007: 8:01pm On Sep 12, 2020
Haywhysat:

What are u saying, do you understand English at all? Read my comment again. I quoted the person that said hausa is common in Kwara. I have yoruba family in Kwara and I do visit.
brother... hausa is never spoken in Kwara. Get your fact right. Even the core ilorin people that lost the throne to Fulani speaks yoruba. Have you seen any emir from ilorin that does not have Yoruba name? The Arabic names are only for politics. If push comes to shove...they will screams southwest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by TechSkill: 8:02pm On Sep 12, 2020
tamdun:

Many people know nothing about ilorin, it easier for ilorin to join South West than okun people, I keep telling people that emir of ilorin will never pray for Nigeria to devide because there is no way ilorin will be left behind, the next town after ogbomoso(oyo) is ilorin and after u leave ilorin (heading to North) there are 100s of yoruba town/villages like oke oyi, jebba, share etc, the last time I visited oke oyi, I witnessed their masquerade festival.
Now tell me how they going to merge ilorin with North? Will they erase those yoruba towns from existence ni, is like saying lagos will be part of biafra, will u skip ibadan, ogun etc

LOL but when igbos tell that people In Asaba are igbos, ur people will call them attache by force.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by seunpas: 8:03pm On Sep 12, 2020
OKUNs ARE YORUBA

North central is a scam to scared the south

Hausa never owns "Middle Belt"

If you dont know better you know now!

2 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by OBA117(m): 8:03pm On Sep 12, 2020
I was surprised when they were categorized/regarded as Northerners in the first place. I served in Kogi State, Ogori-magongo local government area to be precise, those people are all "pure" Yoruba including Ijumu, Mopa Moro, Kabba, Olamoboro etc...In fact we were told in NYSC camp that Yoruba people have up to 7 local government areas in Kogi

9 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Seunelvis(m): 8:04pm On Sep 12, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

This is the mistake which most people are making in Nigeria. It is not about tribe example hausa Igbo Yoruba, it is all about religion as long as you are a Muslim in Nigeria you are under the fulanis nothing else that is the religion in the country. So all of this hausa Tribe does not really count. Because by the end of the day they are Muslims and they are under the fulanis. It is the same issue with Pakistan and India long ago where the Muslims when they are away and created Pakistan. Today's some of them are running back to India
its not about religion bro, if it is then most Yorubas will be influenced by Fulani, Fulani people are not only in Nigeria they are in Mali, Chad, Niger etc plenty in fact Fulani is one of the most populous ethnic group in Africa, they speak Hausa plenty in Ghana na, Muslims does not translate to Fulani control, mind you there are Fulani Christian but are minorities have been to church in Kano that they interpretate pastor's sermon to Hausa, if Muslim translate to Fulani control then Christian translate to whose control? the thing is everybody want to Balkanize everything Nigerian along with religious line, forgetting that before 18th century none of the religion was in Nigeria That's y u can never see a Yoruba man die for religion, my family is Half muslim half Christian in fact my mum was a Muslim before marrying my dad so forget religion. I think there is humanity before religion that's what we Yoruba look at must times.

16 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership / Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo / Emir Sanusi With Daughter Shaheeda On Her Wedding Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.