Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,584 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba (40902 Views)

President Buhari Regrets Inconvenience Caused By Petrol, Electricity Shortages / El-Rufai’s Convoy Moves Close To Wabba In Kaduna / El-Rufai Declares Ayuba Wabba, NLC President Wanted! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by Racoon(m): 4:47pm On Sep 12, 2020
The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) says the organised labour will soon come out with a position on the recent increases in prices of fuel and electricity.

Ayuba Wabba, NLC President, spoke with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos on Saturday in reaction to the increases in the prices of petrol and electricity.

The Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) announced that the pump price of premium motor spirit (petrol) has been increased to N151, 60 per litre from N145 with effect from September 2.

Also, electricity tariff was increased effective September 1 by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) from N30.23 per one kwh to N62.33.

Mr Wabba, who spoke on the issues, said the organised labour would not protest until the Central Working Committee met and agreed on appropriate action.Labour takes one battle at a time; it does not make announcement without backing its action,” he said.

He noted that NLC had remained consistent on neo-liberal policies, and would take appropriate action in respect of the increases in order to achieve desired result.

He also said that it was high time Nigeria started refining products locally to solve importation challenges.On the suspended planned protest against the Rivers govt, Mr Wabba said there was need to mend fences between the state and labour to ensure harmonious relationship

According to him, the will of the people should not always be taken for granted “as injury to one is injury to all”.

The NLC president called on other state governments to take appropriate steps toward addressing labour issues so as to avoid the wrath of the organised labour.

“We will take up any state that undermines the rights of workers. Workers should be conscious of their rights; there is synergy and we will confront recalcitrant employers to respect the law so that we don’t give room for sudden situations to rise,” Mr Wabba said.

He further said that the Rivers government and labour have concluded negotiations on minimum wage, and the enabling circular would be released for a collective bargaining agreement to be signed.(NAN)

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/414036-why-nlc-wont-protest-hike-in-petrol-electricity-tariffs-yet-wabba.html

1 Like

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by SpecialAdviser(m): 4:50pm On Sep 12, 2020
Nonsense NLC. What are they protesting when they are highly compromised.

To hell with any protest. I will only protest when they ask me to buy fuel at N160 and ask Buhari supporters to buy at N159 per litre.

Any time they sell fuel based on who you voted, then that will be a cracker. For now no protest.

291 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by solmusdesigns: 4:50pm On Sep 12, 2020
cool

Buhari is a master strategist and a coupist..

Assholes got 30k minimum wage, Salary structure increase for all level grades and areas. Bitch ass criminals can't talk again

NLC already knows Their salary increment would be paid by the citizens through tax increase , and removal of subsidy on Fuel and Electricity

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by ggirl4real: 4:53pm On Sep 12, 2020
It's OK provided the planned action will yield positive result.
Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by amakadlite(f): 4:53pm On Sep 12, 2020
Them no born them well, simple.
did it took them this long before they occupied the streets of Nigeria in 2012? nansense and ingredients!

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by Racoon(m): 4:53pm On Sep 12, 2020
Well, they wont because they have all sold their conscience to the devil & long left the people in the lurch.
Adams Oshiomhole was once a vibrant labour activist but turn coat immediately after tasting political power.He even defected away from Labour party where he won election to where the pendulum swings higher.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by Racoon(m): 4:55pm On Sep 12, 2020
amakadlite:
Them no born them well, simple. did it took them this long before they occupied the streets of Nigeria in 2012? nansense and ingredients!
This is the double standard this evil & satanic government have turned Nigeria into.It's good they have set up precedence that will one day come back to hunt them real good.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by flyingpig: 4:56pm On Sep 12, 2020
Esau's
Ghana Must Go bag NLC leaders

Money don change hands

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 12, 2020
NLC sold out long time ago.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by madridguy(m): 5:03pm On Sep 12, 2020
grin grin grin

SpecialAdviser:

To hell with any protest. I will only protest when they ask me to buy fuel at N160 and ask Buhari supporters to buy at N159 per litre.

Any time they sell fuel based on who you voted, then that will be a cracker. For now no protest.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by amakadlite(f): 5:04pm On Sep 12, 2020
Racoon:
This is the double standard this evil & satanic government have turned Nigeria into.It's good they have set up precedence that will one day come back to hunt them real good.
APC is a big brother party to NLC, forget their initial noise.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by Mgbadike80: 5:12pm On Sep 12, 2020
Useless people deceiving themselves, every facet of Nigeria is now ruled by double talking idiots. reminds me about Ohanaeze still investigating the Emene Enugu massacre till today. Labour would never say pim because they have been settled.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by Franchise21(m): 5:16pm On Sep 12, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

Seconded

9 Likes

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by flyingpig: 5:41pm On Sep 12, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

grin grin grin grin This post has a unique equal measure of intelligence and comedy. grin

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by spy24(m): 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2020
Everybody weak

When something is too much you begin to ignore it that's what's happening in this administration

People have realize that buhari don't give a damn

If you like protest from now till next year his mind is made up.

If we had liberal rulers like GEJ or PYO everybody would be jumping up and down by now in protest . Because we know that they would reason with us

We don see president wet strong pass us

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

You too cry all the time.
Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:58pm On Sep 12, 2020
But una protest during Jonathan time. Ewu Jamaica.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by Lamasta(m): 6:09pm On Sep 12, 2020
The PMS price should be reduce with or without protest

1 Like

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:12pm On Sep 12, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Cry? Lol

2 Likes

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by IamWonderful: 6:12pm On Sep 12, 2020
Ok
Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 12, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

Cry? Lol
Puo na uzo Biko.
Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 12, 2020
Osagyefo98:

In all the hunger destroying u and ur future, u still dey do zombie work?? I shake nyash for u oo!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2020
azmanaty02:

In all the hunger destroying u and ur future, u still dey do zombie work?? I shake nyash for u oo!

Yawns..

any other thing you want to cry on?

Ndi ala
Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by ChiefJusticeFuc: 6:19pm On Sep 12, 2020
This idiot that is an APC card carrying member who owes his emergence as NLC factional head due to APC funding?

This fool blamed IPOB for the twin bombings in Kuje, FCT even when BH claimed responsibility .

Nigeria, is facing the worst era because the most despicable , evil and most foolish people are at the forefront.

We must take back our country from these charlatans that ate led by that idiotic demon in Aso Rock.

Whose with me?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by gambia(m): 6:20pm On Sep 12, 2020
They have sold out. Very useless set of people

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by tesppidd: 6:20pm On Sep 12, 2020
Racoon:
Well, they wont because they have all sold their conscience to the devil & long left the people in the lurch.
Adams Oshiomhole was once a vibrant labour activist but turn coat immediately after tasting political power.He even defected away from Labour party where he won election to where the pendulum swings higher.
How your post on this topic came down to center on Adams Oshiomole is what I do not understand.

The story is about Waba and the NLC not going on strike but somehow you began bashing Adams.

SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 12, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Yawns..

any other thing you want to cry on?

Ndi ala

Keep yawning, the hunger never start. U will come here to beg for penny. And rmbr ur 600years suffering.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by ayomilore: 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2020
I stopped taking these people serious the day Oshiomole left as their president.

Bunch of hypocrites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by Stalwert: 6:32pm On Sep 12, 2020
[s]
Racoon:
[/s]

No p&id money for you. When GEJ shared over 2.1 trillion on subsidy they were not sell outs?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by Racoon(m): 7:56pm On Sep 12, 2020
This government appears to be gradually becoming totalitarian, I mean Buhari’s government, and we can’t fold our arms, and watch in silence.

But it seems to be getting worse under Buhari’s administration, and even now that there has been a complete removal of subsidy, Nigerians should brace up for hard times ahead.

For it seems this administration has been very lucky because we have seen in the past how issues or events that are not as volatile as what we have in the country now have led to more serious, and even at times violent demonstrations.But everybody appears to be keeping quiet.
“Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.” -Martin Luther King Jr.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by MyMouth(m): 8:10pm On Sep 12, 2020
ChiefJusticeFuc:
This idiot that is an APC card carrying member who owes his emergence as NLC factional head due to APC funding?

This fool blamed IPOB for the twin bombings in Kuje, FCT even when BH claimed responsibility .

Nigeria, is facing the worst era because the most despicable , evil and most foolish people are at the forefront.

We must take back our country from these charlatans that ate led by that idiotic demon in Aso Rock.

Whose with me?

Lead the way! cool
Re: Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba by MyMouth(m): 8:12pm On Sep 12, 2020
tesppidd:
How your post on this topic came down to center on Adams Oshiomole is what I do not understand.

The story is about Waba and the NLC not going on strike but somehow you began bashing Adams.

SMH.
Oshiomole is the great tomentor of his obaseke, what do u expect??

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos / Court Stops Folasade, Tinubu’s Daughter, Others From Levying Computer Village / Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.