Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,931 members, 7,806,695 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For (28940 Views)

Thank God! Finally I Don Port! From Atheism To Jesus! Update* Conversion Story. / Little Things You Do That Will Trigger The Curse Of Hell Fire / Thank God For Slavery- A Case Of Religion Turning Blacks To Fools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by bukatyne(f): 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2020
ggirl4real:

If you say so

But what about Christians that are struggling to survive despite their devotion to God and endless prayers? Is God happy to see them struggling?

I have responded to this in another post.
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by eagleonearth(m): 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
ggirl4real:

Sir, I agree with you that the universe is complex and so well-organized and there must have been a strong force behind it.

My questions:

What is the strong force? According to Christians, it must be God.

Any prove? According to Christians, the Bible says so

What if I the Bible is wrong? According to Christians, you just have to believe since it is the Bible that said it.

I'm not saying God didn't create the universe, I'm only asking for proves which no one has been able to give a convincing answer, even science.

But my only worry is the high level of confidence and conclusion from Christians that their God created the universe even when I'm sure that they were not there.

I'm not an atheist coz I can't prove that God does not exist.

However, if God exists and you communicate with Him and He listens to you, please beg Him to help us in Nigeria. Our country is getting more rotten everyday. At least, if God should provide the needs of all Christians, we'll have less corruption and less to worry about in this country. That's my major concern o.
any argument concerning spiritual things that's not biblically based is none of my business. I grew up also thinking like you till I had a definite personal encounter with the Almighty and believed strongly in the Bible. Genesis chapter 1 describes how God created the world. If you actually believe that there's God then who are you waiting for to prove to you that he saw Him creating the universe. That's an unreasonable thought. The same Bible tells you that the whole world is lying face down in wickedness and this is the reason the country is "rotten" Are Christians the reason the country is in bad shape? What the hell are you even saying? I can cite examples of leading Churches in Nigeria who provide electricity for themselves and their communities, run charity organisations etc. Lybia torn apart by Anarchy, is it a Christian country? Syria still at civil war 5/6 yrs and counting, how about them? You should even be grateful you're from Nigeria because if you were born in Iran and you type all this nonsense on the cyber space insulting Allah or Mohammed, they will sniff you out and execute you but God is love. Don't deceive yourself, seek God's face and you will understand more.
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by bukatyne(f): 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
ggirl4real:

Alright.

Miracle seeking Christians, you don hear? Go and hustle and stop sitting in one place praying and fasting for miracle money you didn't work for to be sent into your account.

No genuine Christian would even pray and fast for a miracle without working. cheesy

God will bless the WORKS of our hands. Proverbs also tells us that a DILIGENT servant/worker will serve kings and not mere men.

Even the preachers in the Bible worked. Paul was a tent maker (whatever that means angry), Peter was a fishermen and later tanner.

Even Jesus Christ learnt carpentry from his earthly father.

EVERYTHING on this earth operates according to principles and God respects them.

Whatever everyone sows, they will reap.

A Christian's advantage is knowing how to 'hustle' or what to do with minimal effort.

If God tells you what to do and you ignore, He would be looking at you.
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by ggirl4real: 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2020
eagleonearth:
any argument concerning spiritual things that's not biblically based is none of my business. I grew up also thinking like you till I had a definite personal encounter with the Almighty and believed strongly in the Bible. Genesis chapter 1 describes how God created the world. If you actually believe that there's God then who are you waiting for to prove to you that he saw Him creating the universe. That's an unreasonable thought. The same Bible tells you that the whole world is lying face down in wickedness and this is the reason the country is "rotten" Are Christians the reason the country is in bad shape? What the hell are you even saying? I can cite examples of leading Churches in Nigeria who provide electricity for themselves and their communities, run charity organisations etc. Lybia torn apart by Anarchy, is it a Christian country? Syria still at civil war 5/6 yrs and counting, how about them? You should even be grateful you're from Nigeria because if you were born in Iran and you type all this nonsense on the cyber space insulting Allah or Mohammed, they will sniff you out and execute you but God is love. Don't deceive yourself, seek God's face and you will understand more.

Why can't you Christians express yourselves without insults? Why is it so difficult?

You said you had a personal encounter with God, fine.

I don't have mine yet.

Until I have, then I'll keep reasoning the way I want to reason.

By the way, I don't think I'm commiting any crime by choosing to be irreligious.

You Christians should understand that this country does not belong to you alone. Everyone can't believe in the Bible nor be Christians. It is not by force.

Learn to do your Christianity and stop hating or insulting those who hold opposing views. I'm not the cause of Nigeria's numerous problems.
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by frank317: 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
evans4luv:
both of u are super stupid, can u pay 4 d very life u have? And u have d gut to say rubbish with ur mouth, may God have mercy on u both

U sound a bit frustrated... How may I help?

So who didn't pay for the lives of those who died?
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by ggirl4real: 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2020
bukatyne:

No genuine Christian would even pray and fast for a miracle without working. cheesy

God will bless the WORKS of our hands. Proverbs also tells us that a DILIGENT servant/worker will serve kings and not mere men.

Even the preachers in the Bible worked. Paul was a tent maker (whatever that means angry), Peter was a fishermen and later tanner.

EVERYTHING on this earth operates according to principles and God respects them.

A Christian's advantage is knowing how to 'hustle' or what to do with minimal effort.

Our Madam has said that the preachers of the Bible worked.

Full time Pastors, una don hear? Stop depending on customers, sorry members, for your survival. Go and hustle o to reduce the burden on your customers, sorry members, who are themselves struggling to survive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by frank317: 2:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
MarioKizito1:

I understand you and how you think but I want you to know there is nothing like a Christian God or any other counterpart. There is only one God. Be it Islam, Christianity, Traditional, Buddhism, etc, we are all worshipping one God.

Now I want you to know that success and abundance is for all irrespective of religion or even as an athiest or freethinker.

Jesus died for all. But your redemption ( which happens after death) depends on whether you yield and believe he died for you. To this end, there is no segregation as to who gets blessed or not. All that ended when man lost the garden of Eden ( this a story for another day).

The segregation will start after death, when you have to go to where you deserve according to the account of how you spent your life time as a mortal man.

Call me 09066276692, if you need more explanation. I have being there. At a point in my life I really questioned if God ever existed and all that but today, I can prove 101% God is with us every second of the day. You just have to open up for him.

Why then was God promising believers goodies in the Bible. There must be a reason why the name Jesus is powerful right?
God promised healing
He promised protection
He promised health
He said he will open heaven and provide for his followers
He said ask asn it shall be given... If ur early father cannot give u stone when u ask of bread, how much more ur father in heaven.

The Bible went ahead to describe how u are in danger at the mercy of the devil if u are not a follower of christ.

But here u are saying.. And I quote:
Now I want you to know that success and abundance is for all irrespective of religion or even as an athiest or freethinke

When was the Bible edited?

2 Likes

Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by frank317: 2:49pm On Sep 13, 2020
eagleonearth:
I can show proof from the Bible which is God's word. There in psalms 24:1 it says to us that the whole universe is the Lord's. So everything we enjoy belongs to Him and He alone therefore should be thanked for making them available.

If he is capable of giving us all the goodies, why are people suffering? Even Christians. Yet when a Christians suffers misfortune u say its temptation, perhaps the God that gives everything was sleeping
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by frank317: 2:51pm On Sep 13, 2020
ggirl4real:

This implies that all the Christians who are still suffering are either praying amiss, rebelling, seeking for selfish gains, etc as you listed?

What about those who are not even praying for these things but they have them in abundance?

LOL... The twist will continue... Christians suffer because they prayed amiss, but unbelievers suffer because they don't worship God.

Christians enjoy because they prayed in accordance with God's will, unbelievers enjoy because God provides for everyone...

And the confusion continues

3 Likes

Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by xproducer: 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
"It is good to give thanks to the Lord, And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High;" - Psalm 92:1

"Praise the Lord! Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever." - Psalm 106:1

"Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men!" - Psalm 107:8

--------

"I will cry out to God Most High, To God who performs all things for me." - Psalm 57:2
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by MarioKizito1(m): 3:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
ggirl4real:

I don't need to call you for explanations because you'll only be telling me what the Bible says.

Please if God answers your prayers, tell Him to reduce the sufferings in Nigeria, at least for Christian families. A loving God should not watch His beloved children suffer.

There's a lot you need to understand but I have to let you be. I want you to know one thing, God loves and cares about you more than you even love yourself. No matter what you think you are facing, just open your heart to him. He will never leave those who believe in him.
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by MarioKizito1(m): 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2020
frank317:

Why then was God promising believers goodies in the Bible. There must be a reason why the name Jesus is powerful right?
God promised healing
He promised protection
He promised health
He said he will open heaven and provide for his followers
He said ask asn it shall be given... If ur early father cannot give u stone when u ask of bread, how much more ur father in heaven.

The Bible went ahead to describe how u are in danger at the mercy of the devil if u are not a follower of christ.

But here u are saying.. And I quote:
Now I want you to know that success and abundance is for all irrespective of religion or even as an athiest or freethinke

When was the Bible edited?

All you mentioned above are true but you need to know that these promises are for the Christians But that doesn't mean a non Christan can't access them. See let me tell you something, for a Christian that believe in what the Bible says with true TRUE FAITH, it is a must you will access those things promised like good health, success, grace, but that doesn't mean temptations won't come.

A non believer can be successful, very successful as he is destined to be but he is not in the garden of Eden again. As a Christian, you dwell in the garden of Eden which Christ brought back to us through his death on the cross. He said "it is finished". He came to finish that which made man enemies of God. Sin makes us enemies of God and sin made man leave the garden of Eden. Jesus Christ died and finished that enemity and imperfection. Therefore, if you have FAITH and believe that all imperfections are finished because Christ paid for them on the cross of Calvary, then you access all those things the Bible states. FAITH IS THE BEDROCK. Faith unlocks and gives you access to the new garden of Eden which Christ provided to us through his death on the cross of Calvary.

A typical example of how Faith works is when Peter worked on water with Jesus Christ. He was walking on water because he believed and focused on Christ with Faith but the moment he started doubting his faith, he began to sink in to the sea.

So as a true born again Christan who believes God's word with faith, you MUST access all those things the Bible states.

But as a non Christian, you can access it but with the earthly standard, which materialize through your destiny, talent or your personal struggles and efforts.
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by obinna58(m): 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2020
SATANNIST:
softgamer said this and i agree.
nigerian pastors are scammers.

1. when a pastor using the bible to trick you into giving your entire salary as seed with the promise that where it came out from will multiply 10 folds and at the end of the year it never did, then that is yahoo or fraud. STEALING BY TRICKS. and it is punishable under the law and constitution of the federal republic.

2. when a pastor makes u believe that he has stayed for 5 years without visiting the hospital and never got sick because he paid his tithe and sowed a whosky seed for god so god gave him good heath. HE SHOULD BE ARRESTED. this is misinformation and it could actually lead to loss of life.
these pastors live in posh apartments devoid of dirt, flies, mosquito etc. the environment is disinfected regular and they eat very good fruits and food which automatically boost theor immune system. now tell me, how the Bleep wll these scumbags get sick. if they want to proove that they never got sick because of the whosky seed they sowed, let them go to agege or ajegunle or any surburb where their members life and stay in the condition they are without good phone and bad environment and let me see if they will not get sick.

3. when a babalawo tells u that he can do bullet proof for you , he should be arrested. these scumbags have claimed several lives with this stunt.

i could go on and on but i just had to state the major ones.
if you must quote me , make sure u are talking sense, dont come telling me shit like THE BIBLE SAID THIS OR THAT. when those bookd where written, the situation was not like now.

people are also asking me to talk same about moslems and imams. personally i dont see why i should talk abut them as regards scam, i dont see them asking for seeds, offering etc, i dont see them driving rolls rolyce and private jets with people money. i can go on and on. so tell me why should i talk about them? if it was violence, then i will list them first. guys like i said, dont talk rubbsh if u dont have valid points
You were making sense until the final statement
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by CandidSeeker(m): 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
ggirl4real:

This implies that all the Christians who are still suffering are either praying amiss, rebelling, seeking for selfish gains, etc as you listed?

What about those who are not even praying for these things but they have them in abundance?

God allow some of the 'hardship' Christians go through for the sake of growth ma.

Fruits of the spirit may not be manifested without growth.

As for those who enjoy abundance outside Christianity:

Some of them apply universal principles that most Christians ignore.

Some of them are ready to lie, cheat, rob, kill and sacrifice all sorts, to get what they want.

But don't forget that they lose their souls in the process

-Peace.
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by 1Sharon(f): 4:18pm On Sep 13, 2020
evans4luv:
both of u are super stupid, can u pay 4 d very life u have? And u have d gut to say rubbish with ur mouth, may God have mercy on u both

Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by bigcasava1(m): 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
Reeda45:
Giving thanks to God should be one of the easiest things to do, but it is an act many actually forget to do.

We remember God when we need Him to do something for us. And when we get what we want, we forget to go back to appreciate Him.

Just like the 10 lepers who were healed by Jesus on his way to a village close to Galilee. Only one returned to thank Jesus. Only one.

To think he wasn’t even a Jew. One of God’s own people. He was a Samaritan. A reject. He could have walked away like the other nine. But he chose to remember and appreciate the source of his healing.

I wonder how Jesus would have felt about the ungrateful nine, knowing well beforehand that they wouldn’t return, and yet, he still chose to heal them.

I wonder how He feels every time He does something for us and we don’t even say ‘thank you’; yet, every time we go back to him again, He still answers us.

What a loving father he is!

But that doesn’t mean we should take His love for granted. Especially when He does seemingly ‘little’ things for us.

Some people only remember to thank God when big things happen in their lives, like the birth of a baby, promotion at work, getting a new car, buying a house or even passing an exam.

Those things that people feel are big achievements in life.

But when the little miracles occur, they don’t consider it a testimony of God’s goodness.

Paul knew the importance of Thanksgiving, and that was why he admonished believers to give thanks to God in “everything”

“In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18

“Everything” means both the big and small blessings.

So what are these ‘little’ things we forget to thank God for every day?

Let’s dig in!

1. For the breath in your nostrils
That you are alive every passing day is one of the greatest miracles of life. Remember, only the living can praise the Lord.

2. For the food you eat (and sometimes waste)
If you know the millions of people wanting to be in your shoe, you will thank God for that slice of bread or snack you are about to consume.

3. For good health
A visit to the hospital will teach you to appreciate God for the sound mind and body you are enjoying right now.

4. For having a family
Some people don’t have anyone to love or love them in return. They don’t have anybody to call family. But you do.

See, your family members may be annoying at times, and sometimes, you just want to knock their teeth out. But they still love you and are there for you when you need them. Being alone in this world is not something you will like to experience.

5. For good friends
Yes. You should thank God for giving you great friends who have your back, especially when going through difficult times.

6. For your church
The church is a community of people knitted together by the love of Christ. If you are part of a church, you get to enjoy a sweet fellowship that keeps your innerman happy and satisfied. Remember to thank God you are part of His people.

7. For the challenges you face
Now, this may sound creepy. Why should I thank God when I’m in problem? See, if everything is rosy in life, you will not even remember there is a God in Heaven. God allows obstacles in your life to strengthen you and remind you that you are not alone. He is there with you all the way. Remember, He will not allow you to pass through temptation (challenges) you cannot overcome. He is only preparing you for a better future; so thank Him!

8. For divine protection
That you go out and return safely to your home everyday is a miracle on its own. And it’s not by your own hand. If you know the number of accidents that happen every day, eh! on the same road you take, you will appreciate God more.

9. For a glorious future
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11)

Need I say more?

10. For your redemption and eternal life

Many Christians are waiting for God to do a ‘big’ miracle in their lives, forgetting that God has already done the greatest miracle of all – the sacrifice of His son. And that is why we can call him ‘Father’. Always remember to thank God for redeeming you from sin and giving you the hope of eternal life.

To conclude, Colossians 3:16-17 teaches us how to give thanks to God.

“Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”

What are you grateful to God for today?

Source - https://www.redigionng.com/2020/09/12/10-little-things-we-forget-to-thank-god-for-every-day/
And journey mercy too
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by 1Sharon(f): 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
bukatyne:

LOL.
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by 1Sharon(f): 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2020
frank317:

LOL... The twist will continue... Christians suffer because they prayed amiss, but unbelievers suffer because they don't worship God.

Christians enjoy because they prayed in accordance with God's will, unbelievers enjoy because God provides for everyone...

And the confusion continues

Reminds me of this video LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpz8PMcRJSY
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by dinomcjohn: 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2020
Nice write up Op, kudos! Yes, we should thank God for these things and many more. I had to observe a brief moment of thanksgiving to God after reading this. God be praised forever. Thank you Father
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by SATANNIST: 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
obinna58:

You were making sense until the final statement
last statement or sentence or paragraph. and why does it not make sense. i am open to new ideas
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Positiveme2020: 5:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
ggirl4real:

If that makes you happy, I'm fine with that.

I can only advise you to learn to express your opinions without insults.

Don't get all emotional when someone holds opinions contrary to yours.

I'm not a Christian but I will like to be and that will be only when I see religion bringing about a positive turn around in this country.

I'm yet to see that.

Just emulate the life of Christ if you are a Christian. That's what is important for you.

Stop throwing insults around. It doesn't stop Non-Christians from asking questions or holding different opinions.

Peace!!
This is a matured way of handling issues. Have a nice day.
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by OmarEl(m): 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
I Thank you Heavenly Father.
You're Worthy to be Praised
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Psoul(m): 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2020
ggirl4real:

Christians and emotions. Na wa for una o...

You've made so many assumptions about me even when you don't know me.

I know you guys can go to any length to defend your beliefs but can't you guys really do that without insults?

Anyway, let me point out some of your errors:

(a) You talked about me being wretched in "higher wisdom". Whatever that means. The question I asked is based on the reality on ground. I'm a human not spirit so I view things from the realistic aspect. I think I have a right to do so. I'm not breaking any law in the Nigerian constitution.

(b) You assumed that I don't believe in a " supreme power". Did I tell you that?

(c) You said I serve a "tiny god". Please which one is that? Where does he live?

(d) Finally, I still maintain that if God is all-powerful, no christian should suffer, whether lazy or not. Be sincere, if your father is the richest in the universe, will you still have to suffer and strive?

Please, you can express your opinions but try to avoid insults but if you still feel that you have to throw insults to drive home your point, I'm sorry because I won't know how to reply you with insult and your insults won't make " unbelievers" to stop asking questions.

I did not insult you in any way unless that is the way you feel about the facts I put to you.

Let me pick few statements from the points you pointed out. I talked about wretchedness in wisdom especially higher wisdom. You just affirmed that my assumption. You said that you are a human and just speak according to the little you know as an ordinary human and you are not a spirit. This sounds sweet but it shows that you are limited in knowledge. I hope you don't take this as an insult.
If you only sees yourself as an everyday human, you'll be highly limited from knowing so many things. You need to break that limitation and you can still seeing things like spirit. Yes, like spirit. They will improve your higher wisdom. Think of who invented the phone and internet you are using today. They don't think like everyday humans. Can u see dat?

You said I assumed you did not believe in Supreme Being. Yes, I assume that. If you believe in that, your words are contradicting that unless if what u sees as Supreme Being is those tiny gods.

Finally, in your bid to prove that there's no God and if there is that He is not all-powerful, you made statement that will be credited to someone that has poor understanding of real life.
You said no Christian should suffer if there's all powerful God just like a rich father will not allow his children suffer. Hahahaha.
This shows you still sees God as a man and want to compel Him to live like man.

Let me explain to you. Our God is the God of all humans. As I told u earlier, He made rules what you will do to get what. That means He's a God of principle. When you follow His laws, you'll get what He promised.

He does not support laziness. So you must work to eat. It was even written in the Bible. He who does not want to work should not eat.

You said a rich father will not allow his children to suffer. Yes, that is right. A principle rich father will deny an irresponsible child so many things. Some of such fathers will even invite police to lock up such a child until he's read to behave well.
Some will disown such child.

If God should give all Christians ask they want just because they are Christians, then God had fail Himself in the purpose he created man. Every Christian will just be in the house sleeping, eating and live anyhow and still get whatever he or she wants.
Doesn't this sound unreasonable to you?
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by OYENIYIJK: 7:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
sunshineV:
music is a sin to allah
your god loves good music. 2 different gods. not the same
Welcome Sir
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by earnit3: 7:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
oh really
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Lovelyn451(f): 8:43pm On Sep 13, 2020
I Even thank God for the grace of pooping and peeing, the unease one feels when one is pressed, what if we can't poop and serious purge or piss hold man pikin...choi...God I thank you o
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Badrobott(m): 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2020
sir, your response is vague and devoid of meaning to the question asked. The poster gave facts and should be replied with facts not imaginary solutions to real world problems.
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 13, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Good morning Una done chop?

Nairaland done comot signatures my days on Nairaland are soon coming to an end e no sweet again
lol that one de like warning if you put am again na ban you go collect
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Adebowalay(m): 9:57pm On Sep 13, 2020
ggirl4real:
I don't understand why we should thank God for all these things.

Aside from number 10 (which is just a mindset), how sure are we that it is "God" that make these things possible?

If He's the one, I think all atheists and free thinkers should be denied these things.

Since everyone has access to these things you've mentioned, I don't see why we should thank God for them.

As a matter of fact, I'm very sure that there are many Christians who are struggling to access these things. Some die in the process while some free thinkers are still enjoying full access. Whose fault is this?
very foolish human being...
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Mryacks: 10:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
Reeda45:
Giving thanks to God should be one of the easiest things to do, but it is an act many actually forget to do.

We remember God when we need Him to do something for us. And when we get what we want, we forget to go back to appreciate Him.

Just like the 10 lepers who were healed by Jesus on his way to a village close to Galilee. Only one returned to thank Jesus. Only one.

To think he wasn’t even a Jew. One of God’s own people. He was a Samaritan. A reject. He could have walked away like the other nine. But he chose to remember and appreciate the source of his healing.

I wonder how Jesus would have felt about the ungrateful nine, knowing well beforehand that they wouldn’t return, and yet, he still chose to heal them.

I wonder how He feels every time He does something for us and we don’t even say ‘thank you’; yet, every time we go back to him again, He still answers us.

What a loving father he is!

But that doesn’t mean we should take His love for granted. Especially when He does seemingly ‘little’ things for us.

Some people only remember to thank God when big things happen in their lives, like the birth of a baby, promotion at work, getting a new car, buying a house or even passing an exam.

Those things that people feel are big achievements in life.

But when the little miracles occur, they don’t consider it a testimony of God’s goodness.

Paul knew the importance of Thanksgiving, and that was why he admonished believers to give thanks to God in “everything”

“In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18

“Everything” means both the big and small blessings.

So what are these ‘little’ things we forget to thank God for every day?

Let’s dig in!

1. For the breath in your nostrils
That you are alive every passing day is one of the greatest miracles of life. Remember, only the living can praise the Lord.

2. For the food you eat (and sometimes waste)
If you know the millions of people wanting to be in your shoe, you will thank God for that slice of bread or snack you are about to consume.

3. For good health
A visit to the hospital will teach you to appreciate God for the sound mind and body you are enjoying right now.

4. For having a family
Some people don’t have anyone to love or love them in return. They don’t have anybody to call family. But you do.

See, your family members may be annoying at times, and sometimes, you just want to knock their teeth out. But they still love you and are there for you when you need them. Being alone in this world is not something you will like to experience.

5. For good friends
Yes. You should thank God for giving you great friends who have your back, especially when going through difficult times.

6. For your church
The church is a community of people knitted together by the love of Christ. If you are part of a church, you get to enjoy a sweet fellowship that keeps your innerman happy and satisfied. Remember to thank God you are part of His people.

7. For the challenges you face
Now, this may sound creepy. Why should I thank God when I’m in problem? See, if everything is rosy in life, you will not even remember there is a God in Heaven. God allows obstacles in your life to strengthen you and remind you that you are not alone. He is there with you all the way. Remember, He will not allow you to pass through temptation (challenges) you cannot overcome. He is only preparing you for a better future; so thank Him!

8. For divine protection
That you go out and return safely to your home everyday is a miracle on its own. And it’s not by your own hand. If you know the number of accidents that happen every day, eh! on the same road you take, you will appreciate God more.

9. For a glorious future
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11)

Need I say more?

10. For your redemption and eternal life

Many Christians are waiting for God to do a ‘big’ miracle in their lives, forgetting that God has already done the greatest miracle of all – the sacrifice of His son. And that is why we can call him ‘Father’. Always remember to thank God for redeeming you from sin and giving you the hope of eternal life.

To conclude, Colossians 3:16-17 teaches us how to give thanks to God.

“Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”

What are you grateful to God for today?

Source - https://www.redigionng.com/2020/09/12/10-little-things-we-forget-to-thank-god-for-every-day/

For the hope of eternal glory and the salvation by faith through Christ that I have .....Lord I say THANK YOU..
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by eagleonearth(m): 11:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
ggirl4real:

Why can't you Christians express yourselves without insults? Why is it so difficult?

You said you had a personal encounter with God, fine.

I don't have mine yet.

Until I have, then I'll keep reasoning the way I want to reason.

By the way, I don't think I'm commiting any crime by choosing to be irreligious.

You Christians should understand that this country does not belong to you alone. Everyone can't believe in the Bible nor be Christians. It is not by force.

Learn to do your Christianity and stop hating or insulting those who hold opposing views. I'm not the cause of Nigeria's numerous problems.
You actually deserve to be called a dingbat. That's the real truth. Jesus called the lawmakers hypocrites whose lives were like a whited tomb. John called profane people like you brood of vipers and I can't romance you or sugar-coat my words in order to be a 21st century Christian. I never actually told you one word of insult but I know you're an irritating human being that pretends to be cool. I am not like you. See not all prophets are like Jeremiah that kept weeping, some call down fire like Elijah so be careful. You hater of God be warned before your punishment start coming in in truckloads. Be warned!
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by eagleonearth(m): 11:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
frank317:

If he is capable of giving us all the goodies, why are people suffering? Even Christians. Yet when a Christians suffers misfortune u say its temptation, perhaps the God that gives everything was sleeping
if you were over pampered from birth and given every damn thing you yearned for assuming your parents had more than enough, you probably will be useless or even dead by now. That's how it also work in the spiritual realm. God wants to raise hard boiled, wise and useful kids.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kumuyi Dedicates Bayelsa State New Governor's Office (photos) / Father Mbaka Donates N12.5m To Catholic Church At 2019 Cathedraticum(photos) / Adeboye Visits Borno, Seeks Spiritual Approach To End Terrorism (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.