Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Tinubu: The Blood That Runs In My Veins Is Same That Runs In Every Nigerian - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: The Blood That Runs In My Veins Is Same That Runs In Every Nigerian (41145 Views)

Truly, It Is An Indelible Fact That Greatness Runs In Yoruba Blood / Pictures Of Peter Obi's Wife And Children:simplicity Runs In The Family. / 2023: I Won't Support Jonathan If He Runs In APC - Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: The Blood That Runs In My Veins Is Same That Runs In Every Nigerian by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 13, 2020
Fourwinds:
those who are strongly demanding for unity of Nigeria are those heavily benefiting. e. g Tinubu, Buhari, Obasanjo, Oshiomole, Ovia Omo Agege, Liar Mohammed etc... The common man on the street is not concerned about unity

That is because the common man, in most cases, does not know jack and is a danger to himself.

Because Nigeria is not working and there is frustration in the land does not mean we embrace touted solutions that are not logically feasible or practically sound.

Take your example from States created from other States. Has time not shown us that creating more States was counter-productive considering how most of these States are not viable today and struggling badly?

Of the 5 States declared bankrupt in Nigeria recently (i.e Katsina, Kebbi, Borno, Bayelsa and Taraba) four were formed post 1987 from other States. Katsina (1987), Kebbi (1991), Taraba (1991) and Bayelsa (1996).

The States struggling the most today are the 'vanity project' States where some senselessly agitated for their own independent States because they felt this would improve their fortune and be the panacea to all their problems. The opposite was the reality.

So let us break Nigeria into a thousand nations if that is what some sentimental and emotional folks want. As a Yoruba from the SW, the region adjudged by unemotional and dispassionate informed observers as most viable region if Nigeria breaks up, I have no problem whcih way Nigeria goes down from now onward.

The SW will be good. Very good. Let other emotional Nigerians really think critically to decide whether they will be good too in a broken, ethnically hostile and seperated Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu: The Blood That Runs In My Veins Is Same That Runs In Every Nigerian by DerideGull(m): 12:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
AreaFada2:

Your epistle is a tacit support for status quo in Nigeria. Something common in SW and Northern region. SW baffles me the most. A fairly homogeneous area better served as an independent nation.

Whatever difference exists between Caucasian countries, religion and shared culture marked them since 1000 to 2000 years despite clashes and wars in between.

But people currently called Nigerians from Niger Delta to Chad Basin had nothing in common by 1914. Even now they only have poverty and an artificial nationality in common.

The difference between a German and an Englishman is far less than between an Ijaw and a Berom. Between a Italian and a Portuguese if far less than between and Hausa and an Efik person. Between a Czech and a Slovak is less than between and Okun and Igbira within same Kogi and touted as both Yoruboid. Yet these Europeans realised that homogeneity is key to harmony.
The walloons and Flemish of Belgium have tension between them. Francophones of Canada only lost independence referendum by 2 or 3% few decades back. Not to mention Scotland recently. These countries have high chances of separation within next 40 years.

It's talking from all corners of the mouth thar betrays many people from certain parts of Nigeria not ready to move on and forge a path for themselves. I do not want to be forced to be in a country with people I do not identify with. Our ancestors were forcefully lumped together.

Therefore IPOB and other groups will begin to spring up. Preventing peaceful separation makes a violent falling out inevitable. Especially as a comprehensive restructuring remains lip service.

This is a fact. I know hypocrites that people are will make them call it supporting secession.

Nigeria has citizens originally from India, Lebanon and others but it is still a black country.

You have written like the true son of your father. The Europeans are smarter than Africans. I have tried all my life to dispute this fact but my surroundings tend to betray me. As you correctly stated that Europeans realized that homogeneity is key to harmony. This aspect of human nature is very oblivious to Africans. It is the accord that makes prevention of peaceful separation an inevitability of war which is prevalent in Africa.
Re: Tinubu: The Blood That Runs In My Veins Is Same That Runs In Every Nigerian by maxzzo1(m): 1:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
bolaayenimo:
"Nigeria is fast drifting to a failed and badly divided state"

I agree with him
Is he not part of the problem
Re: Tinubu: The Blood That Runs In My Veins Is Same That Runs In Every Nigerian by BeigJawnson(m): 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
fabyom:
The elders have spoken! Let us unite and build our country!
fabyom:
fabyom:

Mr builder, mr bricklayer, keep building a failed country that has a broken foundation...�
Re: Tinubu: The Blood That Runs In My Veins Is Same That Runs In Every Nigerian by yemi1504: 2:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
joefelin2345:
Which country? The one APC has destroyed?

Abi o. Tell them! Useless people called APC.
Re: Tinubu: The Blood That Runs In My Veins Is Same That Runs In Every Nigerian by yemi1504: 2:49pm On Sep 13, 2020
DCatt:
Hehehe!

See the gathering of angry mouthbreathers!

If he had said the opposite now, the same people will still scream murder.

Y'all are hopelessly frustrated, that's why you blow up at the wrong person and exhaust your energy on a man who has done so many positive things to affect everyone who has ever stepped a foot in Lagos. Tinubu made Lagos better than it was before he became governor.

So whether you like it or not, Tinubu is the face and father of the modern Lagos.

Thank God, Tinubu is going to Abuja to help make Nigeria great for the first time in the history of the country.

Abeggi! Shut up there! Ewu!
Re: Tinubu: The Blood That Runs In My Veins Is Same That Runs In Every Nigerian by Primaxxx(m): 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
Am confused.....How?
Re: Tinubu: The Blood That Runs In My Veins Is Same That Runs In Every Nigerian by executive12: 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
Mr Tinubu, I expect that you are intelligent enough to know that there can be no unity without justice.
Re: Tinubu: The Blood That Runs In My Veins Is Same That Runs In Every Nigerian by meliziz12(m): 8:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
[Did he put Fulani before Hausa ooh that's the alphabetical order? For real?
Re: Tinubu: The Blood That Runs In My Veins Is Same That Runs In Every Nigerian by goldmatrix(m): 8:31pm On Sep 13, 2020
Blood of a thief and crook..
Re: Tinubu: The Blood That Runs In My Veins Is Same That Runs In Every Nigerian by DCatt: 11:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
Hey you this washed-up skunk, say president Tinubu!

TINUBU 2023
TIME TO TRY A WORKING HAND.

TINUBU 2023
TRIED AND TESTED

TINUBU 2023
TRIED AND TRUE

TINUBU 2023
TRUE CHANGE
yemi1504:

Abeggi! Shut up there! Ewu!
Re: Tinubu: The Blood That Runs In My Veins Is Same That Runs In Every Nigerian by 2016v2017: 2:20am On Sep 14, 2020
yoruba1914:
This is a classic case of a rabble rouser blabbing from both sides of the mouth. What kind of incoherent statement is this. This reecks of despiration, to serve nigeria is not by force. Go away you frog eye thief
Re: Tinubu: The Blood That Runs In My Veins Is Same That Runs In Every Nigerian by ddeola: 5:20am On Sep 14, 2020
No sir, you are a THIEF-NUBU grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu: The Blood That Runs In My Veins Is Same That Runs In Every Nigerian by olmoRoc: 8:19am On Sep 14, 2020
God forbid!

The blood that runs in my vein isn't that which runs in yours.

We don't have anything in common!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Uzodinma Signs New Law: Imo State Administration Of Criminal Bill / Deborah Samuel: OPM Awards Scholarship To All Her Siblings, To Relocate Parents / I Am Igbo And I Support Operation Python Dance 100%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.