Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) (79713 Views)

Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) / Hilarious Post Updated On University Of Nigeria, Unn's Facebook Page / UNN Hostels After A Heavy Rainstorm (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Onnasucs1(m): 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
I was there about 4 years ago. Sadly, I can confirm that these pictures are true.

2 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Onnasucs1(m): 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
usmanbaba:
Ibos are naturally dirty people.
I sincerely doubt this

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by sageb: 1:36pm On Sep 13, 2020
Bad government and lack of a good maintenance culture.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 13, 2020
Kerosenehawker:

Saw a report from Brazil. Many of their universities too have the same issues as well

Germany has a higher GDP and a higher tax rate than Nigeria. They can afford free education

Do you think it will be this bad? What I saw there is like heaven compared to that nonsense.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Sambaby7640: 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
bukatyne:
If the students take the first step towards keeping their environment clean, the hostels would be old but clean.

They don't expect the state Governor or President to clean their toilets, do they?
There is no water...the school lacks water...you buy water and it's expensive

4 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by bukatyne(f): 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
Sambaby7640:

Then that is responsibility of the school.

What have the SUG been doing since 1960?

4 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Bomboiy: 2:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
Those hotels have been renovated but continue posting the old pictures because the new ones won't suit your agenda. Your fellow tribalists are already calling igbos dirty.

2 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
Please ADD GRAPHICS...
I just vomited all the way from DIASPORA
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
Onnasucs1:
I was there about 4 years ago. Sadly, I can confirm that these pictures are true.
Are you serious.
Oh! My God...
I can now guess clearly where my CORP MEMBER ROOMMATE drew his Dirty Inspiration from, many years ago...
He is a Graduate of UNN.
Whattttttttt.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Alexaonfleek: 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2020
I think these pics are old cuz I heard from a friend that they renovated it.

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
Bomboiy:
Those hotels have been renovated but continue posting the old pictures because the new ones won't suit your agenda. Your fellow tribalists are already calling igbos dirty.

How can such an APOCALYPSE be renovated..
NEWER ONES ought to be built.
Why renovating a dungeon..?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Bomboiy: 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2020
EVILFOREST:

How can such an APOCALYPSE be renovated..
NEWER ONES ought to be built.
Why renovating a dungeon..?

Newer ones are being built at the moment,the hostels are not as bad as the OP painted, it's not the best out there but definitely not the worse.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Aguemma(m): 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
PortHarcourt2:

Unn is a glorified secondary school. The school is the worst university in Africa. Enugu people used their timidity and illiteracy to destroy the school. Enugu state is a cursed backward shithole. cheesy

University is not ranked based on the school environment sir. Unn remains one of the best universities in Nigeria.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Aguemma(m): 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2020
Sambaby7640:

How does the school lacks water?
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2020
Bomboiy:

Newer ones are being built at the moment,the hostels are not as bad as the OP painted, it's not the best out there but definitely not the worse.
My BROTHER, this is terrible.
Nothing explains such better.

And bearing such a BRAND NAME for that matter.
It's an eyesore.
I don't mind making a VIDEO CALL with u, showing you how an institution of higher learning should be.
Even Poultries are not like this.
This is purely a DISGRACE.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Bomboiy: 2:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
EVILFOREST:

My BROTHER, this is terrible.
Nothing explains such better.

And bearing such a BRAND NAME for that matter.
It's an eyesore.
I don't mind making a VIDEO CALL with u, showing you how an institution of higher learning should be.
Even Poultries are not like this.
This is purely a DISGRACE.

Trust me I know it is disgraceful for a prestigious institution like UNN but this particular thread is being blown out of proportion by tribalistic bigots. Most higher institutions are like this, some are even worse than this.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by TheCork(m): 2:48pm On Sep 13, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
I think these pics are old cuz I heard from a friend that they renovated it.

Hello. Please confirm if u hav nyansh. Thanks cheesy
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Sambaby7640: 2:49pm On Sep 13, 2020
PortHarcourt2:

Unn should be shut down and demolished, this is not school at all.
the second pics is the hostel I currently reside cry
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Sambaby7640: 2:50pm On Sep 13, 2020
Aguemma:

How does the school lacks water?
I think the water underground is not good at all...so water is being brought from Unn Nsukka
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Alexaonfleek: 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2020
TheCork:

Hello. Please confirm if u hav nyansh. Thanks cheesy
undecided
Didn't they ban your other moniker?
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Onnasucs1(m): 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2020
EVILFOREST:

Are you serious.
Oh! My God...
I can now guess clearly where my CORP MEMBER ROOMMATE drew his Dirty Inspiration from, many years ago...
He is a Graduate of UNN.
Whattttttttt.
hahaha...
"Dirty inspiration"
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Aguemma(m): 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
PortHarcourt2:

Unn should be shut down and demolished, this is not school at all.

Sir, I have noticed you hate Unn, but that doesn't stop it from being one of the most sought after University in the country.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Omoluabi16(m): 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
This is shocking, Graphic. God knows i can never live in this kind of place. One would think federal universities should have standards much better that state's. It is a reflection of our country.The NYSC camp isn't any better. Even some Nigerians live in squalid pitiable conditions. This place reminds of those pig houses in farms.
Our problems run too deep here.. even the restructuring or secession might not save us.How these students accept this Shiite year after year is beyond me. What's up with school SUGs? Most embezzle or are pawns to government. Some are even undercover cultists.

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Omoluabi16(m): 3:03pm On Sep 13, 2020
JAMZ1:
T since 1960 — one would expect t-the-decayed-infrastructure-serving-as-unn-hostels
At least you should have some celebrities to have graduated from UNN. E reach to beg. tag them on SM and ask for help.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Ado-Ekiti Poly Rector Accused Of Investing N1Bn Lecturers Salaries In Bitcoin / Oau Admission List For The Year 2010/2011 Released! / The Love Letter A Secondary School Boy Sent To His Teacher, Chioma (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.