Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,063 members, 7,807,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up? (12512 Views)

Did God Use Evolution To Create The Different Types Of Life? / Video: God Use Wiseman Daniel To Deliver Nollywood Actor, Jim Iyke @ SCOAN / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up? by MrNipplesLover(m): 1:50pm On Sep 13, 2020
Thank you, Jesus.

you are above all powers.
thank you, sir. ❤

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up? by yemi1504: 1:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
Omooba77:
Why does God use adversity to lift people up?

Example Joseph was sold into slavery and he became Prime Minister, also Daniel and others.

Because it is in God's "time and season" lol SMH sigh however how the person's youthful life will be wasted based on God's "timing" o. Useless and Senseless God, yeah I said it.
Re: Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up? by hahn(m): 2:08pm On Sep 13, 2020
Omooba77:

Example Joseph was sold into slavery and he became Prime Minister, also Daniel and others.

Those stories are not real
Re: Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up? by InvertedHammer: 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
/
God. God. God.

The reason Nigeria is a shithole inhabited by basket of weasles.

Israel (the people of God) has one of the best military in the world. If attacked, they hit back with everything in their arsenal. They don't sit back to pray.

But when herdsmen attack Nigerians, their pastors, leaders, governors ask them to fast and pray. God cannot be mocked.

/
Re: Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up? by Superpower(m): 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2020
But a lot of people die in their adversity
Re: Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up? by franknelson: 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2020
lift up your heart, trust in the Lord in time of adversity. our God works in ways we cannot fathom.
Re: Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up? by Yankee101: 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
A Diamond is made from very high pressure, but when it's over, polished and displayed in the sunlight (after all that time in darkness) it shines like nothing else
Re: Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up? by incogni2o: 3:46pm On Sep 13, 2020
hungryboy:
God has trust issues

The man wan test your loyalty in adversity first, before him bless you

Your sense did not make you understand
Adversity makes strong people,
Adversity makes you appreciate your victory the more.
Adversity makes other seemingly adverse situations not so big before you.
Adversity builds your Faith.
Adversity builds your hope.

A lot of other things.

You are obviously not wise.
Re: Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up? by showafrica(m): 4:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
Omooba77:

Are you saying God want to lift IPOB
Re: Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up? by Lamiri(m): 4:39pm On Sep 13, 2020
hungryboy:
God has trust issues

The man wan test your loyalty in adversity first, before him bless you

I thought he knows everything undecided
Re: Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up? by God2man2again(m): 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
Issaiah 43:2
When thou passeth through the waters, I will be with thee...
Re: Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up? by ogunkpa: 5:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
In Jeremiah 29:11, God says before you were formed in your mother's womb, i have know you, therefore He bless those who He wishes to bless
Re: Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up? by mumjosh: 6:46pm On Sep 13, 2020
To grow and be matured in HIM so as to be able to handle the blessings or the Destiny he has prepared for us just ( like in the case of Joseph)
Re: Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
When Bible says faith without works is dead, this is what it means. A true Christian facing difficult moment is a test of faith.
When you can tell why a student does exams, then you can conveniently answer the question
Re: Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up? by RussellUba(m): 11:59am On Sep 14, 2020
shadeyinka:

REALLY!!??
David was punished for for the adultery and murder

2Sam 12:10:
"Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife."
2Sam 12:12:
"Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbor, and
he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun."
"For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun."

2Sam 12:14:
"Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die."

Check out the punishment of Moses:
Num 20:12:
"And the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron, Because you believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore you shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them."

Why did God ordered the destruction of the Canaanites?
Because of the abominable acts that has become their culture.

Deu 20:17-18:
"But you shall utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD your God has commanded you: That they teach you not to do after all their abominations, which they have done to their gods; so should you sin against the LORD your God."

No comment!

I know there were consequences for their actions. I just wanted to correct the man's insinuation of the fact that the Bible wants to deceive people by showing only good characters. To let him know that the bible says it as it is and not cherrypicking.
Re: Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up? by RussellUba(m): 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2020
shadeyinka:

REALLY!!??
David was punished for for the adultery and murder

2Sam 12:10:
"Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife."
2Sam 12:12:
"Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbor, and
he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun."
"For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun."

2Sam 12:14:
"Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die."

Check out the punishment of Moses:
Num 20:12:
"And the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron, Because you believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore you shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them."

Why did God ordered the destruction of the Canaanites?
Because of the abominable acts that has become their culture.

Deu 20:17-18:
"But you shall utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD your God has commanded you: That they teach you not to do after all their abominations, which they have done to their gods; so should you sin against the LORD your God."

No comment!

I know there were consequences for their actions. I just wanted to correct the man's insinuation of the fact that the Bible wants to deceive people by showing only good characters. To let him know that the bible says it as it is and not cherrypicking.
Those men that God used also had their flaws and it was shown.
Re: Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up? by RussellUba(m): 12:02pm On Sep 14, 2020
Buliwyf:

What a load of nonsense. Tell me one place in the world that you know that has been inhabited peacefully forever. Lol. Fake ass prophecy.

Killing the occupants of a land was the norm then and it was considered okay in the bible. So what are you talking about?

And till today, the place is still a picture of ruins.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents / Child Dedication By Christians, Any Biblical Support To This Practice / Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.