Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? (1912 Views)

There's Actually Nothing Special About Igbo Ladies / How True Is These About Igbo Women / Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by josh123(m): 9:09am On Sep 13, 2020
They say some igbos in lagos identify their self as Yoruba is this true

my opinion,; your envaronment influences you it influences the way u talk, think and interact and it cut along all tribes

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by dingbang(m): 9:12am On Sep 13, 2020
What sort of useless dialogue is this.?

4 Likes

Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by Siberia01(m): 9:13am On Sep 13, 2020
cool
Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by PlayerMeji: 9:16am On Sep 13, 2020
So what's the fuss about that?

If I grew up in Anambra, doubtlessly would I have been speaking in Igbo now.

Met a young Yoruba guy in Enugu when I was there for a wedding some years back this dude couldn't complete a sentence in Yoruba, could only communicate in Igbo language.

You are influenced by where you are brought up..

22 Likes

Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by mariahAngel(f): 9:17am On Sep 13, 2020
This is definitely not true.
Born and raised in Lagos, but still an Igbo through and through.

3 Likes

Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by Vyzz: 9:24am On Sep 13, 2020
Currently have a friend who is also a coursemate...

When I met him, it was the day we were taking aptitude test for a particular Eastern University....

We spoke for ours in Igbo and the vibe was like I was talking to a tribesmen... I could feel the vibration grin.. ..

Na later the guy tell me say he from Kano...

He speaks Igbo..

Uses an igbo name..

Is a Christian...

You wouldn't k ow he is a northerner from looks...

Sometimes your environment influences u.

5 Likes

Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by Timewaster: 9:26am On Sep 13, 2020
Yorubas just cannot do without igbos.

Lols.

The obsession is real
Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by Kdon2: 9:27am On Sep 13, 2020
PlayerMeji:

Met a young Yoruba guy in Enugu when I was there for a wedding some years back this dude couldn't complete a sentence in Yoruba, could only communicate in Igbo language.

Igbo been paranoid since 1967 grin
Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by PlayerMeji: 9:37am On Sep 13, 2020
Stop wasting your time!

Nobody is obsessed with anybody,

Timewaster:

Lols.

The obsession is real

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by Jafar1: 9:49am On Sep 13, 2020
Not only igbo. Practically all tribes who grew outside will adapt to life of the people where they grew unless they don't socialize..

Although, some parents have share of the blame.
Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by TheChameleon: 10:10am On Sep 13, 2020
Timewaster:

Lols.

The obsession is real

Keep deceiving yourself while your people are being colonized.

Already your women are resisting foolish inheritance laws after tasting Afonja men. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by Timewaster: 10:20am On Sep 13, 2020
TheChameleon:

Keep deceiving yourself while your people are being colonized.

Already your women are resisting foolish inheritance laws after tasting Afonja men. grin grin

Do you know 90% of PROPERTIES in Lagos are owned and controlled by igbos?

Lagos have already been conquered by igbos.

Nothing more satisfying seeing my dad sending Kunle account number to pay house rent else he sends him parking to his brown roof in ogun.

Or next location is ibadan.

Ogun will be a bit difficult because your afonja brothers still delivers the monthly skull allowance to the gods

But it's still possible and will be conquered

3 Likes

Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by yanabasee1(m): 10:29am On Sep 13, 2020
Timewaster:

Lols.

The obsession is real

It's no obsession bro....

This happens and not only to the igbos.....

When you grow in a particular region and learn their culture and way of life from childhood, you'd begin to have that thought if wanting to be a kinsmen of that tribe.... Especially when you find the beauty in the way of their life. ..

It's what it is....
Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 10:42am On Sep 13, 2020
You are a product/ a function of your environment...It is not peculiar to only Igbos, a Yoruba or non-Igbo will feel the same way if he or she finds him or herself growing up in Igbo land. Our subconsciousness has a way of adopting people around us as our own...
Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by Petyr1: 10:53am On Sep 13, 2020
It because they grow in Yoruba land. Nothing special about it. Most Igbos that are breed in Lagos are more Yoruba than igbo. They even understand Yoruba more than igbo. It just the environment
Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by Pascal11: 10:55am On Sep 13, 2020
You are indeed a time waster
Timewaster:

Nothing more satisfying seeing my dad sending Kunle account number to pay house rent else he sends him parking to his brown roof in ogun.

Ogun will be a bit difficult because your afonja brothers still delivers the monthly skull allowance to the gods

Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by TheChameleon: 11:01am On Sep 13, 2020
Timewaster:

[s]Do you know 90% of PROPERTIES in Lagos are owned and controlled by igbos?

But it's still possible and will be conquered[/s]

The Nobel Prize epistle for only me? grin

Negro, you must be suicidal. Stay away from SNIPER grin

Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by Jazzafizzy(f): 11:22am On Sep 13, 2020
PlayerMeji:

If only like can make one rich on this platform guy u for don blow bcus I would have opened several account to keep given my likes I'm order to make u rich
See you kill this one and I don't think I will read any other comments here again you nailed it .
You see this tribalism we re talking about now I believe now about what chinua Achebe said that Igbo instituted that MONSTER called tribalism just imaging on an international platform some dingbat are spewing nonsense .
Like it's only Igbo that suffer this same thing , I have been in benin for long now and I have met some yoruba ladies who cant speak or complete a sentence in their mother tongue .
You see why igbos re the one promoting hate speech and formenting tribal wars . Why is IK OF BBN not Criticized for not been able to speak Igbo ,why is this crystal palace new signing with a full Igbo name not being criticized ?
Now I see the reason why I will be in support of yoruba ,hausa and any other tribe insulting Igbo bcus majority of them are worse than Biko Haram . My intuition tells me why the actualisation of Igbo will be dead on arrival because they will colonise all the non Igbo tribes and force down the useless Igbo language down there throat

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by Judybash93(m): 11:29am On Sep 13, 2020
Vyzz:
Currently have a friend who is also a coursemate...

When I met him, it was the day we were taking aptitude test for a particular Eastern University....

We spoke for ours in Igbo and the vibe was like I was talking to a tribesmen... I could feel the vibration grin.. ..

Na later the guy tell me say he from Kano...

He speaks Igbo..

Uses an igbo name..

Is a Christian...

You wouldn't k ow he is a northerner from looks...

Sometimes your environment influences u.

Most times you mean?

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by Kobicove(m): 11:29am On Sep 13, 2020
As usual you people have turned this thread to tribal war angry
Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by jagorinho: 11:56am On Sep 13, 2020
Timewaster:

Things Igbos say to make themselves happy, do you have any official proof that igbos have 90℅ of land in Lagos? any official document from the ministry of land and housing? if not you are a fool. I will say it again, for every Igbo man that buy a land in Lagos, thousands are selling okrika , gala and viju milk etc.

I do not really blame you, having a land in Lagos is the ultimate achievement for an Igbo man, when a group see little things in life as a do or die, statements such as yours would always exist, if you are to reply me, please let it be with official proof that is supporting your 90% claim or else...........

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
jagorinho:

Things Igbos say to make themselves happy, do you have any official proof that igbos have 90℅ of land in Lagos? any official document from the ministry of land and housing? if not you are a fool. I will say it again, for every Igbo man that buy a land in Lagos, thousands are selling okrika , gala and viju milk etc.

I do not really blame you, having a land in Lagos is the ultimate achievement for an Igbo man, when a group see little things in life as a do or die, statements such as yours would always exist, if you are to reply me, please let it be with official proof that is supporting your 90% claim or else...........

Send me a DM for proofs
Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by jagorinho: 6:57pm On Sep 13, 2020
modestbrowser:

Send me a DM for proofs
did you send me a DM before you spit that false information? if you have any proof post it here or else stop misinforming people with blatant lies.
Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by Timewaster: 12:31am On Sep 14, 2020
jagorinho:

Mr Oluwayin

If you're looking for house to rent dm me personally.

I have one you will like.... Just promise you won't cook ewedu on Sundays.

And promise no owambe on Saturdays.

Also if you have your land you'd like to sell.
Come to my inbox let's talk.

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by jagorinho: 11:05am On Sep 14, 2020
Timewaster:

Mr Oluwayin

If you're looking for house to rent dm me personally.

I have one you will like.... Just promise you won't cook ewedu on Sundays.

And promise no owambe on Saturdays.

Also if you have your land you'd like to sell.
Come to my inbox let's talk.

lol!! a weak response from a beasterner with sub zero I.Q , show proof that igbos own 90℅ of properties in Lagos or forever keep silent!!! do you think this is a newspaper joint in Owerri, that you people spread Pathetic lies to make your miserable existence worthwhile.
if you quote this text without any proof, then you are a fool.
Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by josh123(m): 9:36am On Oct 10, 2020
grin
Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by tobechi74: 9:49am On Oct 10, 2020
Indigine by birth
Re: Is This True About Igbo In Lagos? by Merciful71(m): 10:23am On Oct 10, 2020
Yoruba & Igbo (your wahala is getting too much)
here we don't have a continuing city but we look onto the city made by God himself. Our time here is limited, let's embrace peace, humility & wisdom. God bless

(1) (Reply)

Zzor Is Back To Nairaland With Another Moniker. (PICTURES) / I Approached Him For Academic Help, But He Shifted My Womb Instead / 18+ Cooking These Things This Night For Just $8.00 [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.