Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? (41583 Views)

Please Doctors In The House What Is allergy And How Do I Get Ride Of It? / Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? / How To Deal Wth Motion (car) Sickness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by AvalonSpace(m): 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
My friend is that he falls sick whenever the car's AC is on. I call it travel phobia.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by jada987(f): 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:
I don't know if i'm the only one who has this.

But i always feel sick whenever i get into most cars. I always feel like throwing up and it has been a problem i've had right from childhood. I don't know what exactly causes it but it makes it difficult for me to travel by car because i get sick throughout the journey.

Has anybody experienced this?

same thing happens to me when I'm inside a car..but its always different when I'm in a public bus
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by sammirano: 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
Nogerians can be so funny, even people that havent heard of motion sickness before just google and conclude because google suggests so. Hilarious.

Op.it might be an allergy thats causing it and you may need to observe how to avoid its truggers.

Also, it might be phycological most likely, its called conditioning of the mind, only you and you alone can taje control of phycological issues the first step is accceptance.

All this internet doctors self, motion sickness ko. Motion sensor ni cheesy
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by franknelson: 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2020
it is called motion sickness. it is a problem of balance, and motion coordination. it will go after frequently use of vehicle. when traveling, stay adjacent the window where there you can take a wide view. try to be gazing through the window more often. eat little ( light food) , or nothing. seek enough breeze! travel often on vehicle.

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Necksonnel: 4:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

But i always feel sick whenever i get into most cars. I always feel like throwing up and it has been a problem i've had right from childhood. I don't know what exactly causes it but it makes it difficult for me to travel by car because i get sick throughout the journey.

Just get bitter kola and your problem is solved. Just chew small bitter kola before starting the journey. That's all. If your case is worse you can take avomine tablets. Just one dose but the bitter kola should be okay for you

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Guestlander: 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

Motion sickness, actually very common.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Guestlander: 4:43pm On Sep 13, 2020
caprini1:
Do you de-worm often? Those parasites can do major damages to the body systems

Worm ko, wombats ni.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by melaninpop: 4:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

Always sit by the window. It happens to me as well, mostly when I'm travelling. As soon as the breeze starts touching your face, you will start getting better immediately.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Bahamas95(m): 4:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
Lol, if I start narrating how it has embarrassed me anyone with conscience here would pity me.

I have a way of managing the situation now sha, I am beginning to outgrow it gradually.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by kalvoken(m): 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2020
SirMichael1:
Injesting a petroleum product? This is madness.

The smell alone can cause some to throw up.

I think the only problem will be the scratching on the lips
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2020
drink ogogoro before entering,thank me later
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by kalvoken(m): 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2020
ciro11:

I think the smell of fuel worsens the nauseating feeling. At least that's what my sister who throws up 90% of times she travels by car made us understand.

Body system differs
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by PrinceBravo(m): 4:52pm On Sep 13, 2020
I used to experience this even till date. there was a time I went to conplain to a doctor in a big hospital, he said am allegic to fuel. that it's not a sickness. he told me anytime I am traveling I should make sure I go with handkerchief to cover my nose...
This was the reason I can't work in a fuel station. I had a job as a fuel attendant years back, I turned it down becos of this stuff.....
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Mandesz(m): 4:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

I experience it in recent time. To me it's related to blood issue, perhaps, blood circulation rate. My last travel to ibadan from Ilorin, I nearly die because of state of the road(the throwing ups). When I was returning to Ilorin, I make sure 3days b4 d journey i took blood capsule each day to improve my iron level and also took enough water on the day. The journey went smoothly.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by AwkaFinest: 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

Most likely motion sickness. Allergy to smell of fuel and diesel as well could cause it.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Donbeebright(m): 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
You are not alone

Afam4eva:

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Bahamas95(m): 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
AvalonSpace:
My friend is that he falls sick whenever the car's AC is on. I call it travel phobia.
I kinda agree with you......I noticed since I started traveling frequently unlike before the thing reduced. Last month I traveled to Kaduna but I didn't embarrass myself by puking on the road, though I got the urge at some point but I was able to control it.......If na before I go vomit at least once before I reach my destination. And instant fever will attack me for like 4hours before I will be able to regain myself.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by pooozeee(m): 4:56pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

When I was young I used to experience it but when I started traveling more frequently, I got used to it then it's stopped
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Afam4eva(m): 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2020
Mandesz:

I experience it in recent time. To me it's related to blood issue, perhaps, blood circulation rate. My last travel to ibadan from Ilorin, I nearly die because of state of the road(the throwing ups). When I was returning to Ilorin, I make sure 3days b4 d journey i took blood capsule to improve my iron level and also took enough water on the day. The journey went smoothly.
Hmm, this is interestingly a different opinion which i value because i think i've been having blood circulation issues.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by caprini1: 5:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
Guestlander:

Worm ko, wombats ni.
Who is this one?
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
You lack iron.. Go get a good blood tonic.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Mypeople2(m): 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

I feel it too.Always try to sit close to the window,it will reduce it
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Omoshalewa04(f): 5:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

It's actually worse when i don't eat. It's still manageable when i eat something before boarding.
Story of my life ooo. It's teem bitter lemon I do take, and it works for me.. Be sipping it minutes by minutes whenever you feel that urge to vomit till you get to your destination. Sorry ehn

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Depressedkidd: 5:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

Motion sickness
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by 2ScrewsLoose: 5:18pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

Buy a headphone, whenever you board a vehicle put it on and play music, you will be fine...
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by soundlala: 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

me i have vehophobia
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by iamcyberzues: 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2020
I have the same issue
The way I get past this by
1) taking soft drinks with enough sugar
2) I must sit close to the window to get enough fresh air air con makes it worse
3) music loud one to get me distracted
4) sleep
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Edoziesmart(m): 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2020
Juanmike:
Don't mind those saying its motion sickness, you are cursed, that's one of the signs,you need deliverance.
Senseless comment from a brainwashed religion fanatic

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by bluefilm: 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

I think I used to experience something like that but the car was a NEW car and it was just that particular car.

Whenever I come out that car, I feel somewhat dizzy.

But that has been a very long time ago.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by azetopworld(m): 5:36pm On Sep 13, 2020
I have the same issue, but I do manage the situation by sitting close to the window if am travelling, ensure I eat to satisfaction before embarking on the journey, avoid routes where there's excess traffic, avoid reading or pressing of phone.. The situation is very much manageable.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by ymstar(m): 5:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
Sorry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals / Pastor Enenche Commissions Messiah Medical Centre In Jos / Lady Vomitting Blood In Ikorodu Was Not A Runs Girl, Not Thrown From Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.