Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? (41582 Views)

Please Doctors In The House What Is allergy And How Do I Get Ride Of It? / Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? / How To Deal Wth Motion (car) Sickness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Blackdeewhy(m): 6:57pm On Sep 13, 2020
my daughter has it too.
1. Make sure to sit by the window side ( you need a whole lot of fresh air even when you have goose bumps. DON'T CLOSE THE WINDOW)
2. Avoid AC cars, you get sick in less than 15 minutes in them
3. Eat heavy food whenever you are traveling. (not the type that will purge you o)
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
Same with my grandma.wait till u enter a plane u will faint on ur vomit grin
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by stagger: 7:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:
I don't know if i'm the only one who has this.

But i always feel sick whenever i get into most cars. I always feel like throwing up and it has been a problem i've had right from childhood. I don't know what exactly causes it but it makes it difficult for me to travel by car because i get sick throughout the journey.

Has anybody experienced this?

It is called motion sickness and you can deal with it using avomine. But please, the drug is highly sedating so if you are going to do the driving, I STRONGLY recommend you do not even think of taking it.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
This mostly will be your experience if you driving in Lagos where traffic has taken away joy out of your live

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by KingMack(m): 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2020
Climb donkey you no go tro upp again rather you go tro ingrin
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by slimcassi(m): 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

But i always feel sick whenever i get into most cars. I always feel like throwing up and it has been a problem i've had right from childhood. I don't know what exactly causes it but it makes it difficult for me to travel by car because i get sick throughout the journey.

You're not the only one, I have dis issue with Luxurious buses(only), my case is so bad that if I find out am traveling tomorrow with dat kind of vehicle I fall sick d night to my journey and it only happens with that particular kind of vehicle, I don't feel dat way if it's toyata Hiace(bumber) or a mini van or even a small car.

I fall sick/throw up to d point wer, if u saw me u would say this dude might not make it… that's how bad mine is... If I find out it's a luxurious buses I'll postpone the journey or ask for a change of vehicle.

Modified : Only long distance journeys
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

If you are feeling dizzy during and after your journey, start using face-mask every time you are in a vehicle that its engine is expose to passengers, example Bus, Danfo. You were smoking Carbon monoxide (CO) and its seriously affecting you. covid-19 made me realise what i need is just nose-cover if i cannot get napep
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by DelphiOracle(m): 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
Juanmike:
Don't mind those saying its motion sickness, you are cursed, that's one of the signs,you need deliverance.
are u talking from experience?
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by shilz(f): 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
Kay25:
petrol smell can cause that but if not check your lineage diety that was worshipped..
I can't stand the smell of petrol
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
EasternActivist:
It's called motion sickness

Most times it aggravates when you bend down, or when you're reading. Actually when your brain is intercepting contradicting signals from the eye and the ear it causes you migraines.

I used to have it but when I learnt of the cause I start to avoid it

To minimize it, stay close to the window and your heads up.

Very sensible post.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by BigMamaNaija: 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2020
It's very normal my son; sometimes hereditary.
I still have terrible motion sickness after many years and sadly, my two last children picked up the trait. Anti-emetics (vommitting medicine) taken 30mins-1hour before a trip works for most people but for me (us), there's only one particular one that works perfectly. One 'biomecolozine' or so (not sure of the name, my pharmacist customer just gives me when I ask). Others don't help me.
Chewing mature bitter kola works for us too.
But, no matter what I take that gives me relief, once I start reading or punching my phone, my head and throat will be like... "the deal is off!"

You're perfectly okay.. there are worse medical conditions out there.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by BigMamaNaija: 7:31pm On Sep 13, 2020
FreelanceRebel:

If you are feeling dizzy during and after your journey, start using face-mask every time you are in a vehicle that its engine is expose to passengers, example Bus, Danfo. You were smoking Carbon monoxide (CO) and its seriously affecting you. covid-19 made me realise what i need is just nose-cover if i cannot get napep

Whatever blocks the free flow of fresh air worsens it for real.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

If it's your car, ensure you wash the interior monthly and let it dry properly before using. A dirty or moldy car can smell and make you feel sick.

Dust the interior every day

Use a quality car air freshener

If it's an SUV, ensure the AC reaches all the car seats

Get an air suspension system if your car doesn't have one.

If its not your car, carry along a menthol air freshener spray, and spray around you before seating

Avoid boarding old cars or buses, especially if they are well-cushioned. Those plank seat buses in Lagos are better off.

Take your mind off the smell

Sleep

Commute with cars/buses more often
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by AreaFada2: 7:41pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

Afam, the Afam Gburu Gburu of Umu-Afamofia Autonomous community, the only American Eze in Ala Igbo. I greet you.

You see, it is motion sickness. Though more prevalent in sea and air travel, it happens in cars too.

A popular antistaminergic drug is a quick fix but not a cure.

I won't mention it because I cannot say if it's OTC in your jurisdiction. But a qualified pharmacist will guide you if you do not want to see a doc for it.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Neddyogu(m): 7:46pm On Sep 13, 2020
Motion sickness right there. Look up ways u can minimize it's effects.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by earnit3: 7:50pm On Sep 13, 2020
oh really
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by temi1290: 7:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

I use to have this feeling too, especially public transport.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Kay25(m): 7:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
shilz:
I can't stand the smell of petrol
that's it then not any mystic with it
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Offpoint: 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

It's actually worse when i don't eat. It's still manageable when i eat something before boarding.
Solution: Get a very loud headset or earpiece and put on music on the loudest till you get to your destination.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Diffen: 8:08pm On Sep 13, 2020
Anytime you're traveling and start feeling like that, just take a bitter kola. Either you chew a small part of it or just leave it like that in your mouth. Don't spit the saliva out. Swallow it.
Secondly, always make sure you book for the journey ticket ahead of time to secure seat close to window. It helps a lot.
I usually have same problem until I tried it and till today, I have never felt same way again.
Though body system differs. What works for me MAY not work for others. But no harm in trial.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Beey(f): 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

There is medication to treat motion sickness. Just see a doctor.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by sandysaint: 8:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
You may be claustrophobic in addition to having motion sickness
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Ajibade123(m): 8:30pm On Sep 13, 2020
I also have same problem too
when I was a kid I do throw up badly
even till now I still feel it anytime I am going to campus
but the thing is try to eat something before entering bus preferably a pepperish food
or if worst taste a little petrol
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by EasternActivist: 8:35pm On Sep 13, 2020
Chris2863:

You are the only sane person in this forum, I swear.

Lol what!?! don't mess with me grin
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by EasternActivist: 8:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
Jeezuzpick:

Very sensible post.

I pocket am, Thank you jareeh smiley

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Larrylarex(m): 8:46pm On Sep 13, 2020
I use to experience it too o. so frustrating, but if I have enough to eat and drink throughout the journey, the effect would be reduced. It would escalate if we branch to buy fuel, that smell will just make it worse!
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by awemina6(m): 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

Same here been having it since I was a kid, mine is so severe that I don't eat before traveling to avoid throwing up.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Chris2863(m): 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
EasternActivist:

Lol what!?! don't mess with me grin
You gave us your remedy of which I think is the main reason for the topic. Others were busy talking rubbish, making jest of everything
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Abiodunspectre(m): 9:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
It seems you're experiencing the symptoms on motion sickness. You can talk to a doctor today on FCMB health advisory platform in collaboration with wellvis org. Follow the link in signature for more.

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Dmitryjiboski: 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

there are so many like you
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Gidah: 9:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
It has become norms with me, my friends know me that throwing up doesn't means I'm sick, I would never attempt to eat at all highest I would do is snacks and a lot of mint, never sit where chokes and be thinking ac would reach mostly fresh air is the best. And a drug u can use refnol just break it into 2 lick it before your trip u sleep in less hour and when you wake you do that very strong

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals / Pastor Enenche Commissions Messiah Medical Centre In Jos / Lady Vomitting Blood In Ikorodu Was Not A Runs Girl, Not Thrown From Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.