Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,313 members, 7,808,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? (4229 Views)

Will God Answer This Lady's Prayer? / PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? / If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by Numero9: 1:55pm On Sep 21, 2020
ggirl4real:
Christianity will be boring without all these confusion and intricacies so I think that's why the writers of the Bible made it confusing.

God knew that the devil will betray Him, yet he created the devil and included him In His cabinet.

The devil became proud and decided to challenge God, God could have destroyed the devil, but No, he allowed him.

Today Christians have to cast and bind the devil all their lives when God can simply destroy the devil to make the Christian life easy for Christians but No, He will not do that.

Abeg OP, I don tire for religious mata.

Hahahahahahahaha....aswear nor be only you!!
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by Acehart: 4:59pm On Sep 21, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
How exactly has Satan personally caused havoc on earth in your life?

Karanta, if somehow you manage to give the correct answer to this question, then you'll understand the angle why the rest of humans are involved my sweet dear loveable and reasonable friend.

"1Then the LORD said to Moses,
2Look, I have specifically chosen Bezalel son of Uri, grandson of Hur, of the tribe of Judah.
3I have filled him with the Spirit of God, giving him great wisdom, ability, and expertise in all kinds of crafts.
4He is a master craftsman, expert in working with gold, silver, and bronze.
5He is skilled in engraving and mounting gemstones and in carving wood. He is a master at every craft!
6“And I have personally appointed Oholiab son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan, to be his assistant.
Moreover, I have given special skill to all the gifted craftsmen
so they can make all the things I have commanded you to make:
7the Tabernacle; the Ark of the Covenant; the Ark’s cover
—the place of atonement; all the furnishings of the Tabernacle;
8the table and its utensils; the pure gold lampstand with all its accessories; the incense altar;
9the altar of burnt offering with all its utensils; the washbasin with its stand;
10the beautifully stitched garments
—the sacred garments for Aaron the priest,
and the garments for his sons to wear as they minister as priests;
11the anointing oil; the fragrant incense for the Holy Place.
The craftsmen must make everything as I have commanded you.”"
- Exodus 31:1-11

[img]https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/183661061171_/£1-pound-coin-with-mint-error-very-rare.jpg/img]

Now, here's the question Karanka:
If you blessed, as if just like Bezalel in Exodus 31:1-11 above, but this time around, with the creative idea of how to produce, say something like a coin, as in the picture displayed above seen, please tell:
1/ How would you produce the first product and what will it be called?
2/ Then secondly, how would you plan to go about reproducing this your same first product, with same quality, same distinct marks, over and over and over again, so you have a successful inventory, you are able to distribute, replenish and overwhelm the world with?

Is that what exactly is panning before our eyes ni?

"When the foundations [of life] are undermined, what can a righteous person do?"
- Psalm 11:3

A&E, ignoring God's warning, with a stubborn and determined intention to do as one wants, regardless of the consequences, involved generations upon generations of people to suffer for what didn't directly involve them

It’s been a strange experience with NL lately. Anyway, thanks for your concern. I don’t understand many rules on this site and using it as proficiently as you would be something. I saw you sent me a mail but I couldn’t open it because I’m a NL blockhead. I’m about to reply this mockery of a question and I hope the nano security don’t bust my message. I think it is lengthy and I’ll try to reduce it and take away any numbers I have written down. I hope it would work.
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by MuttleyLaff: 8:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
Acehart:
I grew up memorizing these very words of Samuel Smiles: “He who never made a mistake never made a discovery”. In the same vein, Marva Collins said: “If you can’t make a mistake, you can’t make anything”. As I got older, I learned of the many times Thomas Edison failed on his way to developing many devices that ushered in the era of electric power generation, mass communication, sound recording, and motion pictures. For, over a decade, the two Stephens – Wozniak and Jobs, failed in their attempt to revolutionizing the IT industry until they invented the iPod and the iPhone, devices many consider to be the greatest gadgets ever. What could be the cause of these failures that come before discovery?

Upon the creation of man, one of the “Creators“ of man said: “Let us make man…after our likeness”. Could the failure of these great inventors be linked to their being made in the “Likeness” of their Creators?

In Genesis Chapter six, we see Jehovah God expressing “grief” at the failing of the best of his inventions – man; In Moses’ anthropopathic description, he said: “And the LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth”. When God saw this invention wasn’t working according to “design”, He re-adapted the earth with the flood that wiped off everything (except Noah and his household). Is this failure? It seemed like what Thomas Edison said in an interview held in his lab:” I have not failed. I've just found ten thousands ways that won't work”.

But one would ask: Why would an All-knowing, All-powerful God, make such a creature that exposes some form of “weakness” in Him, the All-powerful one? The secret to fathoming what was in God’s mind is to see that there is an emotion and conundrum behind the poser: “Let us make man…after our likeness”.

Many women around the world have both breasts surgically removed as a precaution against breast cancer; many people around the world have made the decision not to be married because they think they would not become great parents to their children. Despite all good advice from doctors, many women decide against mastectomy; and many people go ahead to have children even when there are indications that they would not be great parents. Then the worst happens: The woman whose breasts are attacked by cancer fights tooth and nail to save her life; and the woman whose son is charged with homicide, fights for the life of her son; with tears in her eyes, she even claims she is the one who committed the crime so that she may keep him from going to the penitentiary – Both displaying the best attribute in the hearts of men – the act of redemption.

Of all the creatures and possessions of God, only one was made with the power of choice - man. In order to enforce man’s ability of decision or free-will, Satan was made. For had God not made Satan, man would not have free-will and would be like the rest of the creatures of God. (This is not to say God created sin; sin is the perverting the ability to choose right; and evil is the consequence of sin). When man fell, the best attribute of God erupted –the act of redemption. Every time man fails, God seems to say: “The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time”.

This is the meaning of an invention: the device has reached a state of perfection. Until man reaches a state of perfection, Satan will abide; for this reason, Christ Jesus came so that man can reach the state of perfection. The perfection of man marks the expiration of Satan. For now, Satan is very essential for man’s expression of free-will. Without him/it, we would be like the angels.

When those words in Genesis were spoken, courage was behind the tone; had the Creators of men buckled at the idea of making such a creature that had the capacity to be beyond its Creators’ control, then God is not “All-mighty”; that crown should be given to “fear”.

MuttleyLaff:
Its not simply and just okay, but the summation that "Conception, fertilisation, impregnation et cetera is different to delivery, childbirth et cetera." is incontrovertible fact

You dont know what you're talking about. Go check my timeline, to see that I have just returned from a brief hiatus

Pesin way $hit for ground no dey remember, nah pesin way clean up the mess who does. It is well.

So you dont know what "id", "ego" and "super-ego" are, yet you recklessly was throwing about the term "ego"

There's no point in me reinventing the wheel, hence why I reposted that discourse, so to save me time, repeating myself or typing up all over again, something I've previously shed light on before

I did not take anything you wrote personally, it was merely a case of, I observed a developed pattern, worth mentioning

Sure some people have the anointing for being in a place like this for long periods because God gives such person the grace.

We all have access to an equal amount of anointing. The size and proportion you present determines the intensity, level, degree and/or amount of anointing you get back. If any dont have, you should pray to God, who will give it to you because God gives to all, generously, graciously and without criticizing.

Sure some people have the anointing for being in a place like this for long periods because God gives such person the grace

I dont get sucked in to the divide and conquer, dont subscribe to divide and rule and certainly dont buy into discrimination, bigotry, sexual prejudice, intolerance, parochialism et cetera

Amen.

I am equipped to when appropriate and led, to give as good, as I get.

I cant ever, get tired of typing, that, there'd be less christians, if only more christians, properly read their bibles.

"26Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness,
to rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock,
and over all the earth itself and every creature that crawls upon it.
27So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him;
male and female He created them
"
- Genesis 1:26-27

I like red, as the colour, exudes an air of love, romance, boldness, courage, danger etcetera to me. We, human beings, are the image representation of different attributes of God. God is incorporeal, but created, human beings to physically project different aspect, images and likeness of the Godhead.

Image is instant, while likeness is continuum. The latter, is evident in Genesis 1:27, as seen above. Notice that the mention of "likeness" is left unsaid, in Genesis 1:27. Why? its because its continuum. Now, it is unfortunate that, ever since God took the adventure to create man in His image and likeness, man retrospectively has had the desire to want to return the favour and wilfully contravene "The Second Commandment" (i.e. Exodus 20:4- You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth) by creating God in his image, according to an atypical representation, formulation, theory, perverted idea, and classic misrepresentation of God

God is, incorporeal, hence has no clear definite shape or size, but Jesus Christ, is the product of God, projecting Himself out, as a human being in the person of Jesus Christ on earth. Jesus Christ is the visible image of the invisible God (i.e. 2 Corinthians 4:4b - Christ, who is the image of God and Philippians 2:6-7 - 6Though he was God, He did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.7Instead, He gave up his divine privileges; He took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When He appeared in human form. Or, Colossians 1:15 - Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation)

No you havent at all, digressed to much. I am sort of a dabbler, a wonderer and a wanderer, hence why, the Spirit of Truth, guides on how to eat hay with the likes of Dr. Michael Heiser and the others, and when or how, to spit out the sticks.

You jump to conclusions. I never said you abhorred me or have ill feelings towards me. I inferred that I observed a developed pattern

As a believer, God has not given us, a spirit of timidity, but He gives us power, love, sound mind and/or sound judgment (i.e. 2 Timothy 1:7)
"And the LORD regretted that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
(i.e. So the LORD was sorry He had ever made them and put them on the earth. It broke His heart.
The LORD was sorry that He had made humans on the earth, and He was heartbroken.)
"
- Genesis 6:6

What stood out in your extraordinary and delightful post up there, and what gelled for me is that, and put in one sentence, is that, image is instant, while likeness is continuum I doff my hat. Wehdone Sir!

Mind you Acehart, aside man who is made a little lower than angels, angels too had the gift of freewill, which is tantamount to choice.

Another thing, is about the Hebrew word "nacham" used in Genesis 6:6 seen above and translated into English as "regretted", it actually carries the sense of being sad, a sense of being disappointment that man have not fulfilled their capable, full and expected potential. It is expressing a feeling of sadness or disappointment over all the bad things and/or atrocities man has done, and this talking especially about up to in the circa Nephilim, sons of God and daughters of men times, they have carried out, only Noah failed to do or participate. Only Noah, in his generation, did the right thing.

It broke God's heart, that man has let Him down, in spite of .... so, all God had left was to resign to console Himself, with the thought, that He, when all's said and done, did his best for A&E, and of course, by association man/mankind. God in His infinite mercy and fairness, had already declared He'll give man/mankind 120 years (i.e. 3 generations) to change their thinking and/or amend their ways
cc: Sermwell
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by Acehart: 10:17am On Sep 22, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

"And the LORD regretted that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
(i.e. So the LORD was sorry He had ever made them and put them on the earth. It broke His heart.
The LORD was sorry that He had made humans on the earth, and He was heartbroken.)
"
- Genesis 6:6

What stood out in your extraordinary and delightful post up there, and what gelled for me is that, and put in one sentence, is that, image is instant, while likeness is continuum I doff my hat. Wehdone Sir!

Mind you Acehart, aside man who is made a little lower than angels, angels too had the gift of freewill, which is tantamount to choice.

Another thing, is about the Hebrew word "nacham" used in Genesis 6:6 seen above and translated into English as "regretted", it actually carries the sense of being sad, a sense of being disappointment that man have not fulfilled their capable, full and expected potential. It is expressing a feeling of sadness or disappointment over all the bad things and/or atrocities man has done, and this talking especially about up to in the circa Nephilim, sons of God and daughters of men times, they have carried out, only Noah failed to do or participate. Only Noah, in his generation, did the right thing.

It broke God's heart, that man has let Him down, in spite of .... so, all God had left was to resign to console Himself, with the thought, that He, when all's said and done, did his best for A&E, and of course, by association man/mankind. God in His infinite mercy and fairness, had already declared He'll give man/mankind 120 years (i.e. 3 generations) to change their thinking and/or amend their ways
cc: Sermwell

Thanks for the honour. But that honour has to go to God, whom I pray to for guidance anytime I feel the urge to answer many questions.

I’d like to ask you this: what difference is the writer of Genesis trying in convey in these two verses: Gen. c5v.iii and Gen. c1v.xxvii?
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by PROPHETmichael: 11:06am On Sep 22, 2020
Sermwell:
The concept of religion doesn't make sense to me at all. I have a lot of questions I want to ask but we seem not to be ready for this conversation. One of the questions is the picture attached below.
Does anybody feel same or I'm the only one??

cc: lalasticlala
cc: Seun

The same reason your school didn't just handover certificate to you but allowed you to pass through process called test and exams etc. despite the fact that they can, if they wish to.

God doesn't abuse His power; He is a just God and he gives everyone time to think about their action.
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by MuttleyLaff: 4:57am On Sep 23, 2020
Acehart:
I’d like to ask you this: what difference is the writer of Genesis trying in convey in these two verses: Gen. c5v.iii and Gen. c1v.xxvii?
"Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness, to rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, and over all the earth itself and every creature that crawls upon it.”
(i.e. Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”)

- Genesis 1:26

"So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them"
(i.e. So God created human beings, making them to be like himself. He created them male and female)

- Genesis 1:27

"And Adam lived one hundred and thirty years, and begot a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth
(i.e. When Adam was 130 years old, he became the father of a son who was just like him—in his very image. He named his son Seth.
When Adam was 130 years old, he had a son who was like him, and he named him Seth.)
"
- Genesis 5:3

It again, is about the "image is instant, while likeness is continuum"

Genesis 1:26, "Let Us make man in Our image" means, let's make humans, spirit beings, housed in a human body, as an instant physical representation or a somewhat realistic portrayal of the incorporeal Godhead.

Genesis 1:27, "Let Us make man ... according to Our likeness" means, let's make humans, spirit beings, housed in a human body, an instant physical representation or a somewhat realistic portrayal of the incorporeal Godhead having the same characteristics to Godhead or having agreeable similar qualities in the same manner the Godhead has.

The difference(s), the writer of Genesis is trying to get across, in the Genesis 1:26-27 and Genesis 5:3 verses, are the following:
1/ Genesis 1:26 conveyed the sense of making man in the Godhead's image and according to the Godhead's likeness
2/ Genesis 1:27, conveyed the sense that, only first half of Genesis 1:26 was carried out (i.e. "image is instant ...''), and carried out for the very good reason as I earlier mentioned about the second half being about "... likeness is continuum" The artist already has the image of the object the painting he/she is painting, and with every stroke of the brush, and dashes of paint, a likeness of the object slowly emerges
3/ Post Genesis 1:27, is when the likeness magic happens. It's starting point was in Eden. A&E, were a blank canvas, with nothing painted on the canvas, no character, nothing, nada, zilch. Yep, no content, but has to swing one way. The Godhead's way, as meaning, likeness of the Godhead, or an alternate way, as meaning in the likeness of that alternate way
4/ The plan of Genesis 1:26, "Let Us make man ... according to Our likeness" ended up, in the alternate way, as meaning in the likeness of that alternate way, which is Genesis 5:3 of Seth being made in the likeness of Adam, a fall from grace to grass human being. A&E, before getting out out the starting blocks, didnt pass at all, for Genesis 1:26 kind of likeness, to get started, so we had to wait circa 4000 years later to have the Genesis 1:26 likeness properly re-instituted

My apologies for holding back and so not delving more into it
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by Blabbermouth: 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I have never once said you spoke of your own that God (The Highest force) said "I will harden Pharaoh[/I]". All I asked you was to explain in no uncertain terms, how God (The Highest force) hardened Pharaoh's heart, thats all simply, lmso.

If you really know how God harden Pharaoh's heart, if you really do understand well enough how God hardened Pharaoh's heart, then you will have no problem breaking it down in to simple, easy to digest information and it wouldn't at all be an yeye question

I will gladly tell you, the way and manner how God Harden Pharaoh's heart, only on the one condition of, after you've first told your version

"[i]so shall My word be, whatever shall proceed out of My mouth,
it shall by no means turn back, until all the things which I willed shall have been accomplished;
and I will make thy ways prosperous, and will effect My commands.
OR
So also will be the word that I speak
--it will not fail to do what I plan for it; it will do everything I send it to do
"
- Isaiah 55:11
Blabbermouth, word up, fyi, just merely speaking itself and in itself, is an act of creation, as you are creating and forming distinct meaningful elements of speech, lmso, expressing your thoughts and feelings by/with articulate sounds. So the Godhead said, Let there be ... (i.e. Let there exist ...) and, there be (i.e. there exist) and so we have history and the opportunity for this discussion
No one is twisting God's plain words, so stop being needlessly paranoid
When the going gets tough y'all try to form bible students. How does Isaiah 55:11 explain how God's spoken words created a physical universe? What's with the "your speaking is an act of creation" bullocks? Hey Muttleylaff, I just said "let there be a big, bright, sun-like light in my room", while i type, I'm still waiting for it to come into existence.
You can try again sir, how did God's mere spoken words created a physical universe?

"And from then Yeshua began to inform His disciples that he was prepared to go to Jerusalem
and He would suffer many things from the Elders and from the Chief Priests and the Scribes
and He would be murdered, and the third day He would rise."
- Matthew 16:21
Your wish is my command:
1. What was Yeshua's will concerning the cup He was to take?
Answer>>>
Yeshua's will concerning the unsavoury cup was hedging against drinking it

2. What was God's will concerning the cup He was to take?
Answer>>>
God's will was that the cup be drank

3. Whose will was done, God's will or Yeshua's will?
Answer>>>
It is the former's will that was done.
Where is Yeshua's absolute free will here? No, answer me, was Yeshua's will (in this case) free or not?
Ps: By my foreknowledge (Lolzzzz), I expect you to give [b]will and freewill[b] a new definition rather than accept that everyone's will is not absolutely free.

Why would I have any need to introduce trinity, hmm, lmso? God is trinity and more. God in infinity.
If God Almighty (The Father) was God 1 and Jesus(The same God that was said to come to earth as a man) was God 2 (as claimed or supposed by trinity), then they ought to have the same will! God and his HolySpirit have the same will (100%) don't they?
God 1 wants buns but can't take ice-cream, however God 2 wants ice-cream but can't take buns. Somehow both Gods are one, equal and the same? Like I said in some other thread "the doctrine of trinity needs to be rechecked and put aright".
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by Blabbermouth: 2:35pm On Sep 23, 2020

MuttleyLaff:
My dear Sir, with the utmost respect, you are just obfuscating a very simple, penny plain explanation, but its all good, its alright, as I have a few easy, direct, simple, innocent, harmless, straightforward questions to ask you

Watch this Blabbermouth, for the sake of this discussion, imagine you had supernatural abilities, that makes it possible for you to project yourself, outwards from your body into a different place and time. You are still the same with the projection, lets call it "son" and call you the "father".

1/ Whose bidding, respectfully, do you think "son" will be doing?
2/ Is "son" not you, the "father"?
3/ Is "son" not distinct from you, the "father"?
4/ Is "son" and you the "father" not the same person known as Blabbermouth?
5/ Does "son" not see you the "father" Blabbermouth, do good things?
6/ Does "son" not have the same power as you, the "father" Blabbermouth?
7/ Did "son" not come from you, the "father" Blabbermouth?
8/ Is "son" not equal to the "father" Blabbermouth, yet not clinging to that status, so to fulfil all righteousness in that way, hmm?
9/ Would "son," being you the "father" Blabbermouth, have the ability and power to see into humans' heart, know their thoughts, tell what they're thinking, or what they desire, just like you the "father" Blabbermouth have that ability to do, hmm? In other words, similar from 1 Samuel 9:19 and 1 Samuel 10:19&26.
10/ Who really, in this scenario, is the "son"?

I look forward to you addressing the questions directly and/or head-on
Trust me sir Muttley, you won't want to do this. I watched the video some minutes ago, it doesn't answer my question.
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by TimeTraveler369: 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
It is just a program. None of those things happened.
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by Karanka: 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
DappaD:

I don't really know what's been triggering the b/ans by the N/L b/ots recently. I think it's the use of too many n/umbers in one post.

Well, the whole Genesis chapter Three account raised several issues about who Jehovah the Creator of the heavens and earth really was.

After Satan deceived Eve into disobeying her God, He(Satan) claimed that God was hiding something precious from Adam and Eve—further painting Him to be a bad ruler.
Know that before now, God had created millions of angels in heaven(Job Thirty-Eight verse Seven) and they were all observing the scenario on how the whole matter would turn out.
If God had immediately destroyed the rebels—Satan, Adam and Eve—then it would make Satan's claim of God being a bad ruler to be true.

Other issues were raised too—as to whether humans could successfully rule themselves without God's intervention. Jehovah God knew that he didn't create humans with the ability to rule themselves(Jeremiah Ten verse Twenty-Three) but he has allowed Satan and humans to set up their governments anyway to show to observers that Satan was wrong.

Where the descendants of Adam and Eve come into the scenario is when they are to choose between

One. Serving JEHOVAH GOD — the One who created human beings and therefore, knows what's best for us.

Two. Accepting Satan's ploy for humans to rule themselves in forms of governments under Satan's authority.

Those who choose number one are to love Jehovah their God, keep all His statutes and commandments in order that they may have everlasting life. (Deuteronomy Thirty verse Sixteen, Nineteen and Twenty; Psalm Thirty-Seven verse Twenty-Nine; Zephaniah Two verse Two&Three; John Three verse Sixteen)
That includes wholeheartedly supporting God's Kingdom that will put an end to all of human governments in the future. (Daniel Two verse Forty-Four)
The only group of persons today doing these are Jehovah's Witnesses. (Isaiah Forty-Three verse Ten to Twelve)

The Bible tells us that Satan is the ruler of this world. (John Twelve verse Thirty-One, First John Five verse Nineteen)
Those who decide to follow Satan's form of rulership are the ones who rely on their own so-called wisdom, accept worldly ideas and thinking, set standards for themselves to follow(just like Adam and Eve chose to do) and all those who are supporting the human governments of this present system of things.

The Bible which is God's inspired word also gives us hope that all the havoc today—death, pain, injustice, crime, sickness—that were caused under Satan's authority WILL all be reversed through God's Kingdom. (Revelation Twenty-One verse One to Four) smiley

Nice attempt but it still doesn't cut it.
A lot of things don't just make sense without applying the tool of faith.
Now, why would God put the tree that he warned Adam and Eve not to eat from in the same garden he put Adam and Eve in?
Not just that,he didn't protect the tree from been eaten by Adam and Eve. It sounds almost childish considering the whole scenario but maybe a fortified wall or something else around the tree would have prevented Eve from gaining access to the tree,or probably stationing and angel there just like he did after he drove Adam and Eve from the garden.
That's not all. Of all places,all planets to cast satan to,it was earth. The same place that Adam that he loved so much was put.
You see,no earthly father would even do such. just imagine you as a father to a young girl of about 5 years allowing a know child molester to live in the same house with your little girl and even have unrestricted access to her. come on man! Who would ever do that?
But that is what the Bible literally wants us to believe. Except if there's another 'higher plan or reason' we still don't know of yet.
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by Karanka: 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2020
Karanka:

Now, why would God put the tree that he warned Adam and Eve not to eat from in the same garden he put Adam and Eve in?
Not just that,he didn't protect the tree from been eaten by Adam and Eve. It sounds almost childish considering the whole scenario but maybe a fortified wall or something else around the tree would have prevented Eve from gaining access to the tree,or probably stationing and angel there just like he did after he drove Adam and Eve from the garden.
That's not all. Of all places,all planets to cast satan to,it was earth. The same place that Adam that he loved so much was put.
You see,no earthly father would even do such. just imagine you as a father to a young girl of about 5 years allowing a know child molester to live in the same house with your little girl and even have unrestricted access to her. come on man! Who would ever do that?
But that is what the Bible literally wants us to believe. Except if there's another 'higher plan or reason' we still don't know of yet.
Let me just add that losing everything like children, relations; suffering from diseases and other vices and disasters and gaining times twenty of that or millions of that when the kingdom of Jehovah comes or in heaven is not just enough - it doesn't adequately compensate for that. Can anything adequately replace the loss of something so precious? Is there really a better alternative?
That is why the story of Job in the Bible is yet another thing that doesn't make sense in all these.
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by DappaD: 3:45pm On Sep 23, 2020
Karanka:

Mr/Mrs Karanka, please if we're going to further this discussion about the Bible, then we would want to do that taking into consideration, the accurate chronology.

First of all, Satan the Devil isn't the name of the chief rebellious angel, rather those are just titles meaning Resister and Slanderer. He is unnamed in the Scriptures because he has no relevance/bearing on God's purposes.

Second, it was only after he lied to Eve, cause them to sin which brought death upon she and Adam—did he begin to become Satan the Devil. It wasn't before.
Jesus said at John 8:44:
“You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth , because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.”
Carefully reading the above, we find out that prior to when this angel rebelled against his Father and God, he was faithful but “he did not stand fast in the truth” because he allowed a wrong desire for rulership to grow in his heart(James 1:14,15)
So because he had freewill, he chose to misuse it and slandered the name of God.(Genesis 3:4-5)

And third, Satan wasn't hurled down to the earth before Adam was created. Those are just fanciful tales told by people who lack knowledge of the Scriptures. Such that have no bearing on the Scriptures.
The Bible says that Satan and his angels “did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place”.—Jude 6a
Meaning they left their dutypost in heaven to come to the earth, which is a huge offense on it's own but “he[God] has reserved with eternal bonds in dense darkness for the judgment of the great day.”—Jude 6b.
Meaning that God has marked them for judgment and destruction already because of the rebellion.
The ousting of Satan to the earth permanently was in 1914, thousands of years after Adam had died. If you want to know more about that year 1914 please call on any of Jehovah's Witnesses in the area where you live as they will explain to you in great detail.
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by DappaD: 3:50pm On Sep 23, 2020
Karanka:

Let me just add that losing everything like children, relations; suffering from diseases and other vices and disasters and gaining times twenty of that or millions of that when the kingdom of Jehovah comes or in heaven is not just enough - it doesn't adequately compensate for that. Can anything adequately replace the loss of something so precious? Is there really a better alternative?
That is why the story of Job in the Bible is yet another thing that doesn't make sense in all these.

I don't think I get you completely.

Let's say you are terminally ill and someone tells you that there will come a time when you'll no longer get sick—a perfect health wouldn't compensate for all that has been lost?

May I ask you provide a better alternative, please, I'm all ears.
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 23, 2020
thesicilian:
Too many questions to ask. For example, we now know that there are billions of other places in the universe that the demons who rebelled in heaven could have been sent to. Why were they sent to Earth, the only place that God himself meticulously created and placed His beloved humans?

LOL, God wasn't aware there were other planets besides the Earth. grin
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 4:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
Karanka:

Job is just another human like you and i, people don't give birth to children and stay with them forever. For now we must return to non-existence the same way we come (one by one).
Job had the faith that God will raise him up from the dead [Job 14:13-15] and of course all his twenty children will rise up with him during the resurrection of the dead. John 5:28-29
So Job realized that everything God returned to him was complete double fold, the material things will not be his again after resurrection but all his beloved children will come back to life! Reve 20:13

1 Like

Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by Karanka: 4:55pm On Sep 23, 2020
DappaD:

I don't think I get you completely.

Let's say you are terminally ill and someone tells you that there will come a time when you'll no longer get sick—a perfect health wouldn't compensate for all that has been lost?

May I ask you provide a better alternative, please, I'm all ears.
There's no better alternative I can think of for the person. But how about not losing anything at all or not even becoming sick?
Do you think that losing 5 children and later given birth to 20 children is enough of replacement or consolation for the ones lost?
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by DappaD: 5:02pm On Sep 23, 2020
Karanka:

There's no better alternative I can think of for the person. But how about not losing anything at all or not even becoming sick?
Do you think that losing 5 children and later given birth to 20 children is enough of replacement or consolation for the ones lost?

I think AkinwaleJJ's post highlights this?
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by Karanka: 5:03pm On Sep 23, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

Job is just another human like you and i, people don't give birth to children and stay with them forever. For now we must return to non-existence the same way we come (one by one).
Job had the faith that God will raise him up from the dead [Job 14:13-15] and of course all his twenty children will rise up with him during the resurrection of the dead. John 5:28-29
So Job realized that everything God returned to him was complete double fold, the material things will not be his again after resurrection but all his beloved children will come back to life! Reve 20:13
This is exactly what doesn't seem right in the whole Job story.
mind you,Job was on his own minding his business o until God called out to satan to remind him of Job,and even went ahead to grant him permission to do all sorts of evil against Job apart from taking his life. Now after Job lost practically every thing,you're telling me that the whole thing sounds right just because of the so-called replacement he got?
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by Karanka: 5:09pm On Sep 23, 2020
DappaD:

Mr/Mrs Karanka, please if we're going to further this discussion about the Bible, then we would want to do that taking into consideration, the accurate chronology.

First of all, Satan the Devil isn't the name of the chief rebellious angel, rather those are just titles meaning Resister and Slanderer. He is unnamed in the Scriptures because he has no relevance/bearing on God's purposes.

Second, it was only after he lied to Eve, cause them to sin which brought death upon she and Adam—did he begin to become Satan the Devil. It wasn't before.
Jesus said at John 8:44:
“You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth , because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.”
Carefully reading the above, we find out that prior to when this angel rebelled against his Father and God, he was faithful but “he did not stand fast in the truth” because he allowed a wrong desire for rulership to grow in his heart(James 1:14,15)
So because he had freewill, he chose to misuse it and slandered the name of God.(Genesis 3:4-5)

And third, Satan wasn't hurled down to the earth before Adam was created. Those are just fanciful tales told by people who lack knowledge of the Scriptures. Such that have no bearing on the Scriptures.
The Bible says that Satan and his angels “did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place”.—Jude 6a
Meaning they left their dutypost in heaven to come to the earth, which is a huge offense on it's own but “he[God] has reserved with eternal bonds in dense darkness for the judgment of the great day.”—Jude 6b.
Meaning that God has marked them for judgment and destruction already because of the rebellion.
The ousting of Satan to the earth permanently was in 1914, thousands of years after Adam had died. If you want to know more about that year 1914 please call on any of Jehovah's Witnesses in the area where you live as they will explain to you in great detail.

I don't want to dwell on whether satan was cast down to earth before or after satan deceived man( though biblical evidence points to the former), the fact according to the Bible remains that satan was cast down to the earth. Simple.
And my question stands: why earth? why not Jupiter or Venus or any other unknown place that doesn't have man in it?
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
Karanka:

mind you,Job was on his own minding his business o until God called out to satan to remind him of Job,and even went ahead to grant him permission to do all sorts of evil against Job apart from taking his life. Now after Job lost practically every thing,you're telling me that the whole thing sounds right just because of the so-called replacement he got?

The story is to inform us that God knows those who truly believe in him so no matter what Satan does such ones will remain unshakable.
According to the Bible, all Adam's descendants (including Job) are like mere dust from God's viewpoint since Adam has brought us into this condition, so we are going to die anyway. But with Job's loyalty to God, Satan and all his demons that thought all humans are so stupid to hold onto this life selfishly as if there's no reward for integrity keepers, were beaten to stupor.
Definitely the intelligent spirit being that perfect Adam failed to outsmart could be beaten and rendered speechless by an imperfect descendants of the same Adam!
Satan's intelligence was humbled and insulted!
From the time of Job till today, God's servants learnt a lesson that Adam's failure to conquer Satan's smartness wasn't a defect in God's work! Deut 32:5
This means we can withstand Satan's craftiness no matter how smart he may prove to be [Ephesians 6:16] that's the advantage of FAITH!

1 Like

Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by thankgod460(m): 8:40pm On Sep 23, 2020
Yes, He allows it to happen so that everyone will know that He is the Almighty. As you also make plan for every event, so God make plans for himself and how He wishes to rule the universe.
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 25, 2020
mmsen:

Xtians also claim that their god is 'all powerful' and 'all knowing'. If those statements are true then he should no concern himself with losing his position to lesser beings that he presumably has control over.

The Nigerian fail judicial system has bastardized your brain.
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by Barristter07: 8:18pm On Sep 25, 2020
Sermwell:
The concept of religion doesn't make sense to me at all. I have a lot of questions I want to ask but we seem not to be ready for this conversation. One of the questions is the picture attached below.
Does anybody feel same or I'm the only one??

cc: lalasticlala
cc: Seun

Good reasoning, But that is peradventure if Satan challenges Gods power as Almighty or claim to have more power than he is.

Satan didnt challenge Gods power, he said he was a LIAR . So that approach cannot work

if someone told me he is more honest than I am on Twitter (public eyes) , which of this would solve the issue.

1. Me killing the accuser

2. Allowing a considerate time to pass whereby people can judge the both of us ?

choose wisely, one option will scatter everything and make it seem my accuser was right. The second is the wise one.

3 Likes

Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by Barristter07: 8:36pm On Sep 25, 2020
Karanka:

You know why I like this post of yours, It shows you are deep thinker. I respect that

As a deep thinker, when you read Satans response accusing Job, Do you see premeditated envy against the man? Do you see How Satan listed everything about Job instantly which means his heart was set against that man already before he came in grin .

Dont forget the question was : " HAVE YOU SET YOUR HEART UPON MY SERVANT JOB " Job 1:8

He can read Satans premeditated envy and accusations against the man already . God didnt started it, Satan did. Check his responses to that question.

Good evening

2 Likes

Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by Blabbermouth: 2:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Take your time, just pay attention to 01:14-01:46 mark of the videos all I am asking and interested in you watch
The video, is to give an idea of what the Greek world "exerchomai" is.
I've watched the video again, this time, paying attention to every details.
I loved the part where he said "If there was a day when God created heaven and earth, where was he before that day? (The believers cheered) Where He was is where He is, because He said - I am the LORD, I changeth not"
That was 100000000000% correct! However let us quake deeper and ask ourselves, was there a day, a time or a moment when he created that dwelling place that was before heaven and earth?
If there was, that means there was another place he dwelled before creating that one we speak of. If we keeping going back and back, we will have an infinite regression of God's dwelling place (which is unscriptural and unreasonable).
If there wasn't, then that means that the dwelling place is ETERNAL! It was never created! Hahahahahahaha, what shall we then say, God created all things except the place which he dwelled? No!
Only one entity has been eternal before this dispensation, that is God!
If the dwelling place of God is eternal (never created or caused), then the dwelling place is God! Because only God is eternal from the past!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
In simple words, God's dwelling place is God! God is His own dwelling place!
This was the revelation I had from the spirit of truth and that made me realize God The Father is not a person! He is higher than what we can classify as a person!
Although I don't have the perfect word to describe God's state of existence, the closest word I could get was REALITY! God The Father Is A REALITY!

Thus when I then looked back at the doctrine of trinity that claims - God in 3 persons... I reflect and say - God in three persons? No, no, no, the First Entity/Being in the Trinity union is not even a Person!

Grace and Truth.

2 Likes

Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by MuttleyLaff: 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
Blabbermouth:
I've watched the video again, this time, paying attention to every details.
I loved the part where he said "If there was a day when God created heaven and earth, where was he before that day?" (The believers cheered) Where He was is where He is, because He said - I am the LORD, I changeth not
That was 100000000000% correct! However let us quake deeper and ask ourselves, was there a day, a time or a moment when he created that dwelling place that was before heaven and earth?
If there was, that means there was another place he dwelled before creating that one we speak of. If we keeping going back and back, we will have an infinite regression of God's dwelling place (which is unscriptural and unreasonable).
If there wasn't, then that means that the dwelling place is ETERNAL! It was never created! Hahahahahahaha, what shall we then say, God created all things except the place which he dwelled? No!
Only one entity has been eternal before this dispensation, that is God!
If the dwelling place of God is eternal (never created or caused), then the dwelling place is God! Because only God is eternal from the past!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
In simple words, God's dwelling place is God! God is His own dwelling place!
This was the revelation I had from the spirit of truth and that made me realize God The Father is not a person! He is higher than what we can classify as a person!
Although I don't have the perfect word to describe God's state of existence, the closest word I could get was REALITY! God The Father Is A REALITY!

Thus when I then looked back at the doctrine of trinity that claims - God in 3 persons... I reflect and say - God in three persons? No, no, no, the First Entity/Being in the Trinity union is not even a Person!

Grace and Truth.
I am pleased you went over to carefully and vigilantly rewatched the video. I wish I can address your post in much details and better, but I cant because you caught me the middle of engaging another poster and just about going to the High Street to pick up some bottled water and bare essentials, but I'll quickly interject here that, you're committing the mistake of making the Trinity the be all end all, when it really isn't, lmso. This is your Achilles' heel. It's your stumbling block. You cant for this stumbling tree, see the forest, see the woods, as it were, lmso

I recall asking before maybe not you, that at which point did God become God, the Father. Also, at what point did God become, God, the Son, lmso.

You see the Yoruba captured the essence of having some appreciable semblance of understanding of who, what and how God is, when you ascribe or refer to God, as "Eledumare" or " Olodumare

Do you know why God on three occasions never revealed what His personal is and do you know the reason given for turning down the requests to know what His personal name is, hmm?. Mind Yahweh, I AM, that, I AM or even YHWH, known as the Tetragrammaton, are not God's personal name, I trust you know that, lmso, hmm?

"This is what the LORD says:
“Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool.
Could you build me a temple as good as that?
Could you build me such a resting place?
"
- Isaiah 66:1

I am sure there the idea of seven heavens being banded about, but bible speaking and bible fact cross checked with know with certainty, that there are at least three heavens, lmso. Have you grasped the implication and deep meaning of Isaiah 66:1a? (i.e. heaven is my throne). What and where is beyond the throne then, lmso, hmm? Orisirisi nkan lo nshẹlẹ ni heavens, lmso. Iwọ kan sha, mafọ. Malọ fọ bi awo, lmso. Ọmọ iya mi, mo wa pẹlu ẹ. Iwọ kan sha mafọ, lmso

I am sorry I have to scram and move on to equally important other things
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by Blabbermouth: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I ought to respond to some things in your reply but I will wait for you to modify first (for it felt like there is more you want to say but time won't permit).

1 Like

Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by MuttleyLaff: 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2020
Blabbermouth:

I ought to respond to some things in your reply but I will wait for you to modify first (for it felt like there is more you want to say but time won't permit).
Answer all my queries and questions in my recent post up there. Dont worry, as I will revert to filling in more details I couldn't earlier do. I am standing on the road responding this back to you.
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by Blabbermouth: 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

I recall asking before maybe not you, that at which point did God become God, the Father. Also, at what point did God become, God, the Son, lmso.
1.God, before the foundation of the world has always been "The Father", in the same light as how the lamb has been slain before the foundation of the world. However, that dimension of him became accessible when Jesus was on earth.That dimension became a reality when I got born again.
2. God Almighty never became God the son (hahahahahahaha, Glory!)

Do you know why God on three occasions never revealed what His personal is and do you know the reason given for turning down the requests to know what His personal name is, hmm?. Mind Yahweh, I AM, that, I AM or even YHWH, known as the Tetragrammaton, are not God's personal name, I trust you know that, lmso, hmm?
Yes I do.

"This is what the LORD says:
“Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool.
Could you build me a temple as good as that?
Could you build me such a resting place?
"
- Isaiah 66:1

I am sure there the idea of seven heavens being banded about, but bible speaking and bible fact cross checked with know with certainty, that there are at least three heavens, lmso.
"There are at least 3 heavens" - Spot on!

Have you grasped the implication and deep meaning of Isaiah 66:1a? (i.e. heaven is my throne). What and where is beyond the throne then, lmso, hmm?
You can enlighten me, can't you?
Re: Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:26pm On Sep 27, 2020
Blabbermouth:

1.God, before the foundation of the world has always been "The Father", in the same light as how the lamb has been slain before the foundation of the world. However, that dimension of him became accessible when Jesus was on earth.That dimension became a reality when I got born again.
2. God Almighty never became God the son (hahahahahahaha, Glory!)

Yes I do.

"There are at least 3 heavens" - Spot on!

You can enlighten me, can't you?

The bolded is a misconception!
There is just one heaven (spirit realms) just as earth is one, but there is three parts in the same heaven not as earth has six continents! smiley
©JEHOVAH'S palace, with the elders.
©The Cherubs (workers)
©The Seraphs (singers)
Everything is well organized until Satan disrupted the peace there, and he convinced one third of the angels to rebel against God [Revelations 12:4] but after Jesus drove Satan away from heaven in 1914, peace reigned once again as it was in the beginning! Revelations 12:12 smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Are The Similarities Between Atheists And Muslims On Nairaland / If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? / Watchman Nee Books At Affordable Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 214
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.