Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food (36213 Views)

Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen / Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? / My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by SmartPolician: 7:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
ubunja:
The SIMPs just won't stop...

The root of all this is that there are more female voters than male voters in most countries so pandering to women is the quickest way to power. But one day they'll push too far...

Why are you claiming female?
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by favour32(m): 7:03pm On Sep 13, 2020
These are for men in Ghana.
9ja is a father's land.
I can eat any of my wives food... capisce?
Hol ya side,woman no go dey mark time register for you
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by elisho: 7:03pm On Sep 13, 2020
it can only happen in Ghana
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by ubunja(m): 7:04pm On Sep 13, 2020
SmartPolician:

Why are you claiming female?
why are you asking?
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by BlackFlamefromP: 7:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
Dear officer, I have a God given right to refuse to eat any food if I'm not hungry. Thank you
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by MarthaGlobal: 7:08pm On Sep 13, 2020
People should stop this game they call marriage. Its becoming more trap day by day... You refused to ead food you go jail? Lol... My nrotyer or madam OP take it easy o
RandomAfrican1:

The Central Regional Coordinator of the Domestic Violence and Victim Support Unit (DOVVSU) in Ghana, Superintendent George Appiah-Sakyi recently reiterated that by law, it is an offense for husbands to reject or refuse to eat their wives’ food because this constitutes a form of “emotional abuse”.

According to the police officer, such reculcitrants husbands could be charged for emotional abuse and which has the possibilities of getting them jailed for a maximum of two years or to a fine of 500 penalty units which is equivalent to GH¢6,000 or both when found guilty.

He said this at whiles addressing a sensitization workshop for Muslim Women. During his speech, he also admonished husbands not to beat or molest their wives in anyway even if they are being insulted. He rather suggests that they report the wives to the police station closest by and not take the law into their own hand since verbal assault is also an offense that can be addressed by law.

“If your husbands refuse to eat your food and make you unhappy and causes you emotional pain, you can also report them to the police. If your husband comes home late and causes you to be unhappy you can make a case at DOVVSU,” he said.

He then went on to add that women who refuse to give sex to their husbands should equally be reported because refusal of sex to a legal partner is also a violation which is grounded in law and amounts to emotional abuse which is punishable under the Domestic Violence Act 732 of 2007.

“If your wife wears jeans to sleep and causing you emotional abuse it’s an offence and you can report her to DOVVSU,” Superintendent Appiah-Sakyi stated.

Source; https://africaatrandom.com/ghana-husbands-can-be-jailed-for-up-to-two-years-for-refusing-to-eat-their-wives-food/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by uthlaw: 7:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
ubunja:
this is the reason why on that past thread I talked about preferring daughters to sons. For the type of sons we want to raise, the world will be a complete and utter hell.
I rather have 1 son than 5 daughters!
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by Angelfrost(m): 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2020
ubunja:
women are angels who can never do wrong in the eyes of the SIMPs man. Whatever a woman does,no matter how despicable, if she's pretty she can't be punished. We are back in the garden of Eden following women's wishes. And we'll ruin society all over again.

Society is already ruined... Ruined by Bitch ass woman wrappers, who kowtow to every dumb feminine whim. Mtchewww!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by SmartPolician: 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
ubunja:
why are you asking?

Because you are extremely worried that men are enacting laws that will liberate women from domestic shackles.

Let's face it: Women have suffered different degrees of abuses in their marital homes over the years. It's only fair that laws are enacted to protect them from marital abuses like wife battery. Why would a man be beating his wife every now and then? If you are tired of her, send her home.

In some places, women are always asked to drink the dirty water used to bathe their husbands' corpses just to prove that she didn't kill him. On the other hand, the same never applies to the guys.

A woman must shave off her hair to mourn her husband for a year and more. In contrast, men are free to start frolicking with other girls a few months after losing their wives.

I can go on and on.

Where's our humanity?

However, this Ghanaian law is simply senseless.

Despite that, we all must take steps to liberate women from some of those obnoxious laws that are enforced today.

Laws should be meant for people not animals.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by bukatyne(f): 7:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
Elder0001:
I used to think Ghanaians are sensible but it seems I was wrong all this time.

Hahahahahahaha!
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by Benjaniblinks(m): 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2020
ubunja:
why are you asking?
angry angry
Can we have a date
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by abbey621(m): 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2020
Yet they wonder why most countries would never allow a woman to becime president....Just look at this fuckery!
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by bukatyne(f): 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2020
ubunja:

She'll still bring you food in prison lol.

Hahahahahahaha!
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by bukatyne(f): 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
Omoluabi16:
They will only end up discouraging people from getting married.

That's what these jokers never understand.

Unfortunately, modern women are all about 'sexual liberation' so they help men further.

Why buy the cow when you can milk it for free?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by bukatyne(f): 7:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
blackjack21:
What about wives who refused to cook for their husbands, or refused to indulge in "the other room"? smiley

B part is punishable.
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by bukatyne(f): 7:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
Omoluabi16:
baba you should 'stoop to conquer. .. smiley

This thread is cracking me up!

grin
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by bukatyne(f): 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
Ishilove:
Nice one. How can I labour in the kitchen to cook for you and you dare refuse to eat the fruit of my labour? angry

Fruit of your labour kwa?

What if you pissed him up and instead of apologizing maturedly decide to cook to manipulate him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by Fourwinds: 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
seanwilliam:
eating a woman is the last thing I will do on earth... how can I stoop so low to dey suck pussy?
I see that as a bruise to my ego ..

Btw, I think there is a war ahead.. seems western culture is being imbibed In africa now..
come here.... You must suck am... Oyah take am, eat am. grin grin grin grin
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by Dande55: 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
[s]
bukatyne:

That's what these jokers never understand.

Unfortunately, modern women are all about 'sexual liberation' so they help men further.

Why buy the cow when you can milk it for free?
[/s]
Shouldn't be your headache. Most modern women don't care about marriage aswel. Rest with this your marriage obsession. Not everyone sees marriage as a career like you do.
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2020
Foolish Gayna country
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by bukatyne(f): 7:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
Powerfly:
Those people up saying 'what if she's a bad cook?
So you can taste the pussy but you didn't taste the cooking skills?..

Truly.. Nothing gives you peace like being true and honest to God's word. Total Obedience to his loving word is the the ultimate answer to a happy, contented life.

Let me do give my life to Jesus.. And surrender totally to him. I don dey observe the world.. E no favour me, instead things are spiralling out of control. Things are just no longer going to be good.

Hahahahahahaha!

It is well.
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by ubunja(m): 7:31pm On Sep 13, 2020
Benjaniblinks:
angry angry
Can we have a date
let me send you my cashapp first.
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by JordanMichael(m): 7:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
Madness everywhere
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by humilitypays(m): 7:34pm On Sep 13, 2020
Nothing Bola Tinubu will not see inside Buhari's boxers shocked
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by bukatyne(f): 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2020
Gone through the thread, very funny responses. grin

I must applaud the Ghanaians for making the law somewhat balanced (based on what they believe is the likely vices of each sex).

So as a husband, you have committed a jailable offence if you:
1. Beat your wife
2. Molest her
3. Refuse to eat her food
4. Make her 'emotionally unhappy'

As a wife, you have committed a jailable offence if you:
1. Verbally abuse/ insult your husband
2. Refuse him sex

I believe they would also be handle cases like when the wives refuse to cook, make their husbands unhappy or when the husbands refuse sex.

This world is seriously turningoniown.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by humilitypays(m): 7:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
seanwilliam:
eating a woman is the last thing I will do on earth... how can I stoop so low to dey suck pussy?
I see that as a bruise to my ego ..

Btw, I think there is a war ahead.. seems western culture is being imbibed In africa now..
very repulsive, any man that suck a woman's pussy is stinking!!! angry angry

Guys stop that dirty act, sucking a lady's pussy is very unhygienic, no matter how neat or clean she appears to be, don't do it!!!

1 Like

Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by ajebuter(f): 7:39pm On Sep 13, 2020
Babangbali/iyangbali/enemyofprogress enemyofpeace..(5-Man Werey)

You hear?

In case that omo elewa aganyin on Vickyrotex street decides to pity you and marry you after 16 proposals..

Eleregbe

tongue tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by ubunja(m): 7:40pm On Sep 13, 2020
SmartPolician:

Because you are extremely worried that men are enacting laws that will liberate women from domestic shackles.

Let's face it: Women have suffered different degrees of abuses in their marital homes over the years. It's only fair that laws are enacted to protect them from marital abuses like wife battery. Why would a man be beating his wife every now and then? If you are tired of her, send her home.

In some places, women are always asked to drink the dirty water used to bathe their husbands' corpses just to prove that she didn't kill him. On the other hand, the same never applies to the guys.

A woman must shave off her hair to mourn her husband for a year and more. In contrast, men are free to start frolicking with other girls a few months after losing their wives.

I can go on and on.

Where's our humanity?

However, this Ghanaian law is simply senseless.

Despite that, we all must take steps to liberate women from some of those obnoxious laws that are enforced today.

Laws should be meant for people not animals.
I agree women have met with terrible abuse at the hands of men over the centuries via extreme versions of Patriarchy, as you have listed at the top of your comment.

The system is meant to protect the weak, but now it's like the system is used by the weak to control and oppress the strong. Women are now revenging via the government, the laws and the police. But it won't end well.just ask the women of South Africa how their long list of rights earned them men's hatred and how that hatred is manifesting in Africa's highest level of women abuse and femicide. Women own the system but men own the streets.

11 Likes

Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by Kingstanding: 7:43pm On Sep 13, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Lol. I just can't understand how these fools called simps reason.

What's gonna be her punishment if she also abuses the husband emotionally too by not knowing how to cook a decent meal?.

. Why marring someone you know that she can not cook very well in the first instance?
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by ubunja(m): 7:44pm On Sep 13, 2020
uthlaw:
I rather have 1 son than 5 daughters!
why do you want a son?
Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by Ajixegun: 7:44pm On Sep 13, 2020
Gender war is getting hotter as the day goes by.

1 Like

Re: Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food by Joshmanuel10(m): 7:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
Time to poison many ppl grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

15-year Old Marriage Collapses As Husband & Wife Engage In Alleged Adultery / Baby Skin Lightening / Different Types Of Nigerian Fathers And Their Characteristics - Meme Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.