Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

You Need The Bad Guys To Win Election In Nigeria - Dele Momodu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Need The Bad Guys To Win Election In Nigeria - Dele Momodu (418 Views)

Breaking: Forgery Is Tinubu's Thing, Not Yoruba Or Nigeria- Dele Farotimi To CSU / Atiku Vs Buhari: Agbakoba Reveals Who Should Win Election, Gives Reasons / Osun Rerun: Why Adeleke Can’t Win Election Even With Omisore’s Support – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Need The Bad Guys To Win Election In Nigeria - Dele Momodu by Lagosfinder(m): 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2020
A former presidential candidate and Chief Executive Officer, Ovation Media Group, Chief Dele Momodu, has said he will never reconsider contesting the presidency because he does not have the capacity for many things people go through to win such elections.

Momodu, who was the presidential candidate of the National Conscience Party in the 2011 elections, argued that it is what candidates go through before they emerge that make it difficult for them to perform when they eventually get into office.

Asked in a recent interview with Sunday PUNCH if he would recontest presidency in the future, he said, “The answer is no. Never! I know what it entails and I don’t have it. I have the capacity to run any country effectively but I lack the capacity to go through what you would need to go through to get there, unless they come and offer me on a silver platter in my house and that would be practically impossible.

“I have decided I’m not going to beg or steal money just because I want to serve my country. The reason why a lot of leaders can’t perform in Nigeria is simple; what they go through to get there. No matter how saintly you are, you need the bad guys to win an election because you can’t do it alone.

“So, when you get there, you would be an ingrate to start disturbing the bad guys, because without them, you won’t be there in the first place. For that reason, I don’t have what it takes to get the bad guys to my side, so I would rather stay (away).”

He also called on the President to unite all Nigerians.

https://punchng.com/why-ill-never-recontest-presidency-dele-momodu/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1599998997

Re: You Need The Bad Guys To Win Election In Nigeria - Dele Momodu by Racoon(m): 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
Politicians will always be politicians.
Re: You Need The Bad Guys To Win Election In Nigeria - Dele Momodu by Nadaken: 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2020
Lol
Re: You Need The Bad Guys To Win Election In Nigeria - Dele Momodu by NwaNimo1(m): 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2020
Do or Die
Re: You Need The Bad Guys To Win Election In Nigeria - Dele Momodu by ERockson: 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
True talk
Re: You Need The Bad Guys To Win Election In Nigeria - Dele Momodu by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 2:48pm On Sep 13, 2020
Lagosfinder:
A former presidential candidate and Chief Executive Officer, Ovation Media Group, Chief Dele Momodu, has said he will never reconsider contesting the presidency because he does not have the capacity for many things people go through to win such elections.

Momodu, who was the presidential candidate of the National Conscience Party in the 2011 elections, argued that it is what candidates go through before they emerge that make it difficult for them to perform when they eventually get into office.

Asked in a recent interview with Sunday PUNCH if he would recontest presidency in the future, he said, “The answer is no. Never! I know what it entails and I don’t have it. I have the capacity to run any country effectively but I lack the capacity to go through what you would need to go through to get there, unless they come and offer me on a silver platter in my house and that would be practically impossible.

“I have decided I’m not going to beg or steal money just because I want to serve my country. The reason why a lot of leaders can’t perform in Nigeria is simple; what they go through to get there. No matter how saintly you are, you need the bad guys to win an election because you can’t do it alone.

“So, when you get there, you would be an ingrate to start disturbing the bad guys, because without them, you won’t be there in the first place. For that reason, I don’t have what it takes to get the bad guys to my side, so I would rather stay (away).”

He also called on the President to unite all Nigerians.

https://punchng.com/why-ill-never-recontest-presidency-dele-momodu/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1599998997

Nigerians will only vote for a criminal whenever they are in the world even in Europe and America it is the same thing. Nigeria will tell you this person can do nothing for us let's go and vote for him in the UK it is not about development at all it is about which criminal they want to vote for. If you look at Europe America United Kingdom only people leading Nigerian community criminals. If you are not a criminal Nigerians cannot vote for you that is their illiteracy..
Re: You Need The Bad Guys To Win Election In Nigeria - Dele Momodu by Israel5(m): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
His point is valid. The good ones stayed away for too long, leaving the bad ones to multiply. Now the good ones have to play by the rules of the bad. If one is good & wants to join the politics as practised in Nigeria, YOU CANNOT FIGHT CORRUPTION! Fighting corruption must be avoided if you must do anything for your people, because you will fight someone that is relevant to your rising, somehow. Do your bit, make impact, & leave the system.
GOD BLESS the GOOD.
Re: You Need The Bad Guys To Win Election In Nigeria - Dele Momodu by daddytime(m): 3:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
I concur.
Re: You Need The Bad Guys To Win Election In Nigeria - Dele Momodu by slickbak(m): 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
Who no go no go know.

I just wonder what the good were doing when their mates (bad ones) were consolidating power to the extent that good has no influence.
Re: You Need The Bad Guys To Win Election In Nigeria - Dele Momodu by ThatFairGuy1: 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
Humongous salary for Political office holders caused this. Cut it and see how Political thuggery go down drastically
Re: You Need The Bad Guys To Win Election In Nigeria - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2020
Fact!MC Oluomo and Tony Kabaka just to name a few.

Re: You Need The Bad Guys To Win Election In Nigeria - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 13, 2020
Do you know that even Buhari can make a very good President if Nigerians were CONSISTENTLY fighting for their rights

Why are the refineries not working?
Why is there no power?
Why are there no jobs and good schools?
Then why is politics expensive and our politicians feeding fat?

Because Nigerians fem!!!

All the nonsense that have been going on. we siddon dey look Even Angel Gabriel go thief if God no condition am nah.

We Nigerians have the power because of democracy (freedom backed by law). In unity, we are gods of the land.

I hope to one day see Nigerian citizens fight and die together for this country, because only then will we witness the Nigeria of our dreams.

(1) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak In Lokoja / Buni Appoints 30 new Social Media Aides, as number of aides rise to 672 / Court Stops Igbo’s New Yam Festival In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.