Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,813 members, 7,802,617 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy (34915 Views)

My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) / JAMB: How To Check 2019 UTME Via TXT/SMS / JAMB: How Cut-off Marks Were Fixed – Registrar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by sammirano: 11:13am On Sep 14, 2020
Why dont try exploring change of profile information. There you can change the phone no on the Jamb profile.JAMB is just plain stupid with that goat as registrar.

1 Like

Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by strangest(m): 11:15am On Sep 14, 2020
itzzkhaliii:

Thanks alot Sir. i have done so on friday in their site using his REG num to open a complain they said they will reply via his mail.

Also you can copy the mail to every email that ends @jamb.gov.ng or similar emails... you will definitely get a response... cheers

1 Like

Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by itzzkhaliii(m): 11:15am On Sep 14, 2020
[quote author=BlueOrange post=93908729]

You're the only smart person on the thread besides me. Brilliant[/qreply

Already done this Sir. Waiting for their reply thanks once again.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by floss(m): 11:15am On Sep 14, 2020
This situation is an eye opener for everyone,....Stop BUYING anything being hawked on the road, what ever you need, always take the stress of getting it directly from the company or sales outlets, be it electronics, mobile gadgets, other accessories... Assuming this sim card was bought and registered at any of mtn outlets, this problem would have been avoided.... this is the area rich are better Dan the poor...dey go to d source when dey need a service, not only because dey can afford it but rather for maximum security and peace of mind as regards to d products or services....it is what it is @ op
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by itzzkhaliii(m): 11:18am On Sep 14, 2020
bosunolu:
There is a page in JAMB where you can report personal issues that you may have. You will need your registration number and other details. Just explain your problem, JAMB will get you a way out. There is always a way out of every problem. You only need to discover it.
thanks a lot done so
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by itzzkhaliii(m): 11:23am On Sep 14, 2020
Agathabishen:

Go to any business centre in Kaduna tell them you want to do change of course they will log into his jamb profile using his email address and password, initiate the rrr payment and give him to pay or pay for him, then give him the payment receipt to go to CBT center and change.
thanks a lot ma'am but this is an old process it no longer work this way.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Eriggs: 11:24am On Sep 14, 2020
ibuildstuff:

Which gbosas person say make I go read him signature, he dey advertise for me abi, make him nor go face him suya business.

Fail supporter of a failed govt.
dem gbosa pain u make u no lie. na so una go dey collect d gbosa if una no mind una business. e dey sweet my body wella. dem no send una. talk anoda one, make dem wire u again... or u don get behind dem so fast. failed suporter of thieves and looters
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by itzzkhaliii(m): 11:24am On Sep 14, 2020
Folzye:
The best thing to do is contact IT support at JAMB.. you should have the access to update your profile by using a Sim or number that you have access to.
thanks alot sir done so
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Agathabishen(f): 11:25am On Sep 14, 2020
itzzkhaliii:

thanks a lot ma'am but this is an old process it no longer work this way.
Did they changed it last week? Because I run a business center myself and I made payment for jambites last week and I did not get any issues.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Bolakumi: 11:27am On Sep 14, 2020
itzzkhaliii:

Thanks a lot Sir, but it seems you didn't understand what I am about to say.
To register for jamb in the first place one has to send a text to a particular number then he will received a code.

Now to change your course one has to send a text using that number choose the option of course change make the payment before going ahead with the change of course in his jamb profile.

i surely understand you sir...The profile code is always sent to the registered Sim card and Registered mail.

Check his registered mail.
Search for "Jamb Profile Details"

try and see...am sure of what am saying sir.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Benevee: 11:27am On Sep 14, 2020
try another University na , let me suggest to you.
since you are in kaduna, there is this University in katsina ( B.U.K) though it's an affiliation with fce katsina they'll take you irrespective of the university you choose in your jamb registration.

Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by itzzkhaliii(m): 11:28am On Sep 14, 2020
panco:
he is looking for elders advice and you talk like one of them, well done.
yes sure well explained.He has always been.i have been following him since.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by mechanics(m): 11:30am On Sep 14, 2020
Hmmmmm, you should done welcome back instead, the process is simple, but don't know of MTN, for other networks, you will give like 7 numbers and the number will be thoroughly checked to know you are the real owner, and that's all, MTN don't need the person's profile to do welcome back, maybe the numbers your mum gave them does not correspond with what they have in their system, I have done welcome back like twice with Glo, and I have retrieved my numbers in those instances.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by itzzkhaliii(m): 11:31am On Sep 14, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

I also did the change of course na.. And what u wrote up there was not required.... Lemme show u how u can do it sucessfully.... But first let me ask u this question... Did ur brother u use dat ur mother sim to open his email ? .. If No, then text "RESEND" to "55019" using thesame sim he use to create the email he use for jamb registration.. He whould be charge #50.. Thank u
thanks a lot bro i will try this if it work i will let you know
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Bolakumi: 11:33am On Sep 14, 2020
ibuildstuff:

This question should be directed to jamb officials

He should check the mail his brother used in registering...the profile code will be there.

I once misplaced my profile code and the sim i used in registering was not mine and the person had deleted the message...i only got it back from my registered mail.

It will be contained in his JAMB PROFILE CREATION DETAILS in his registered mai.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Housing(m): 11:34am On Sep 14, 2020
It seems your mum left the issue of welcome back/Sim swap for to sort out. Let her write out the 5 regular numbers that use to call her and all other formalities. Let her insist on having the Sim swap the worst that can happen is to refer her to the legal department at MTN Head office in the State. Make sure you it is MTN office not Sim swap agent. When she puts up drama the station/centre manager will refer the matter to his/her superior not dead end answer.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by itzzkhaliii(m): 11:35am On Sep 14, 2020
Pofgrace:
I also did the change of course na.. And what u wrote up there was not required.... Lemme show u how u can do it sucessfully.... But first let me ask u this question... Did ur brother u use dat ur mother sim to open his email ? .. If No, then text "RESEND" to "55019" using thesame sim he use to create the email he use for jamb registration.. He whould be charge #50.. Thank u op did you notice this?
Yes Sir i will surely try it i thinks so far its the only way out thank alot to all of you guys.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Unseen(m): 11:36am On Sep 14, 2020
Agathabishen:

Go to any business centre in Kaduna tell them you want to do change of course they will log into his jamb profile using his email address and password, initiate the rrr payment and give him to pay or pay for him, then give him the payment receipt to go to CBT center and change.

It's obvious you have not done Change of institution recently.
After payments, Jamb will automatically send OTP to the phone number registered on the candidate profile. That code will be used by CBT center to effect the change.

Note:- if you have done any change earlier this year, go back to the candidate profile, you will see it has been reversed. I mean all old change of institution done this 2020 before the introduction of OTP was reserved. There's an option to resend OTP and complete the change of institution again.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by itzzkhaliii(m): 11:36am On Sep 14, 2020
alamin0506:
Good morning bro
Sorry for all that, am actually a staff of MTN. It so sad that the line cannot be retrieve as the line is not registered with her details.

Thanks alot Sir really appreciate
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Juliusmomoh: 11:37am On Sep 14, 2020
itzzkhaliii:
thanks a lot bro i will try this if it work i will let you know
Try it ... It will work cos it work for me.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Unseen(m): 11:38am On Sep 14, 2020
Bolakumi:

He should check the mail his brother used in registering...the profile code will be there.

I once misplaced my profile code and the sim i used in registering was not mine and the person had deleted the message...i only got it back from my registered mail.

It will be contained in his JAMB PROFILE CREATION DETAILS in his registered mai.

It's not profile code. This one is Jamb Data correction OTP
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by itzzkhaliii(m): 11:43am On Sep 14, 2020
Denique:

Call the line and explain things to the new user. He/she just needs to forward the details he gets from JAMB to you
they haven't given out the line yet
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by vikgreen01(m): 11:44am On Sep 14, 2020
This is an eye opener

I also bought an airtel sim some couple of months back so I downloaded the Airtel app on my phone immediately I log in the SIM display a different name mind you I have two Airtel SIM and the other Airtel SIM I have display my name which means I'm the owner of the SIM while the other one is not mine I think I will have to destroy that SIM before I find myself in this kind of Ill gotten situation the op's brother find himself...
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by kleverley(m): 11:44am On Sep 14, 2020
JAMB just makes all these things uneasy for students.
I still don't get the need for that number to change course when one still has an active email.

Misplaced priorities
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Bolakumi: 11:45am On Sep 14, 2020
Unseen:

It's not profile code. This one is Jamb Data correction OTP

oh sorry...i thought it is the profile code that is needed....cos that is the procedure to check the profile code if sim is been misplaced.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by humility101: 11:45am On Sep 14, 2020
alamin0506:
Good morning bro
Sorry for all that, am actually a staff of MTN. It so sad that the line cannot be retrieve as the line is not registered with her details.

Oga, I'm also having the same issue as the OP.

Does it mean that the line is gone forever, no solution at all?

1 Like

Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by itzzkhaliii(m): 11:45am On Sep 14, 2020
Bills2307:
Just yesterday self. I bought sim last week for Home phone for the kids. I checked the phone book that should be almost empty and I was seeing abubukar, awon abobi etc.
I had to ask if the kids are saving things radomly in the phone only to be called this morning by Mrs. Angela that she’s in Ikorodu where am I? Prolly it was someone’s sim dey sold to me

It’s tiring. I hope you find answers soon

thanks a lot
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Jackossky(m): 11:45am On Sep 14, 2020
A sister of mine is in Same dilemma.
Hers is even worst as I'm left speechless, she wanted to do this same change of course but already lost her phone, tried doing welcome back and Airtel is saying the SIM is a bonus sim. Therefore, no welcome back for it as we were told by an agent. This is not after she had done affidavit to prove ownership.

To her email address, she forgot her password....

No phone number, no access to email. I don't know how she is going to go about it and I've been asking if anyone can proffer a solution. Her best bet is to go to jamb office but it's quite far and onerous given where we stay is at the countryside.

Google ain't even helping matters

embarassed embarassed embarassed
Help
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by nickishire: 11:48am On Sep 14, 2020
One of my customers had the same problem. he took his aged mother to glo office to beg on his behalf before he was attended to. They can do it. He should go back there and talk to someone else.

1 Like

Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by maziarinze(m): 11:49am On Sep 14, 2020
This story sound somehow Sha. Sometime around 2years ago, telecoms companies operating in Nigeria did instruct all its subscribers to come for sim update or risk being blocked, in which you would be credited a sum after doing it afterwards. Does it mean it wasn't carried out in your mum's state of residence abi she voluntarily didn't go for the update.

I use MTN line and I remember the queue I was in all through that morning.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by donvicky2007: 11:49am On Sep 14, 2020
Can't you edit the phone number on your brother's jamb portal?
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 14, 2020
itzzkhaliii:

At the end we trird other Mtn offices but the same answer was given to us the only way out was to look for the person whose pix is displaying to come by himself and do the swapping. This is a person my mum has never met in her entire life she don't even know him

It's a simple matter. Simply send a text to the new owner narrating your predicament then follow up with a phone call.

You don't have to swap if he or she rejects the idea let the person simply help out with whatever codes that will be sent; more like some sort of collaboration to help your bro.
I don't know the kind of person the stranger is but if I were the one, I'd help sha.
But maybe trust issues might come up if you take my advice because the stranger might feel it's another scam format. No harm in trying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction / Bad Things You Did In The University / Common Lies Lecturers Tell Female Students Especially.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.