Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy (34956 Views)

My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) / JAMB: How To Check 2019 UTME Via TXT/SMS / JAMB: How Cut-off Marks Were Fixed – Registrar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by muhamadnur: 8:05pm On Sep 14, 2020
I can help you D.M me
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by alamin0506(m): 8:45pm On Sep 14, 2020
humility101:

Oga, I'm also having the same issue as the OP.

Does it mean that the line is gone forever, no solution at all?
Gone for good. We can't do anything about it, though it's so painful but it's a huge step towards making our world a better one.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by alamin0506(m): 8:49pm On Sep 14, 2020
GolDRoger:

what Nonsense.
So it's now her fault?
And her son should suffer for it?

When she can prove that she's been using the Sim for 5yrs now. . .

Or you Guys dont have her Data on Ur sytem?
Going through a trend before making comments would have save you from this embarrassment. It's not too late though please
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by itzzkhaliii(m): 8:53pm On Sep 14, 2020
muhamadnur:
I can help you D.M me
Thanks alot sir.i have done so
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by alamin0506(m): 8:56pm On Sep 14, 2020
[quote author=Amhappy post=93915738]

Oga how on earth did this happen. My mum have a similar issue with her SIM. SIM she has been using since 2002 or so. She registered it herself,is now bearing another person's details. There should be a solution to this because some how there's a mixed up in your database. [/quote
The only solution to this is you confirming your registration and if reverse is the case you go for an update, The company have been calling for this for quite a long time now]
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by earnit3: 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2020
oh
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by ThatFairGuy1: 9:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
Had same issue In Jan this year when I was robbed off my phones. I went for sum swap but I was surprised one of my number had my name but different picture. I couldn't do the swap, I lost vital info on the Sim card
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 14, 2020
kazeeyoung:
I encounter same issue with Airtel last week when they sent me message to go and update my sim to 4G, on getting there the name on the system is different, they just re-register me afresh. May be because yours is sim lost and is MTN?

That's how it is, different network company with their own wahala. The same nepa bill I used in updating my ecobank account, gtb is telling me story that touch.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Godsspeed: 2:58am On Sep 15, 2020
Your brother should Write a letter to the JAMB Registrar, either through JAMB office, Kaduna, or directly (in which case, he has to visit JAMB Head office at Bwari, Abuja) explain everything, attach as many of his credentials (both O Level and JAMB), and plead with him to help you complete the process to enable your brother complete the change of course process.
NB: Photocopy the letter before going, so that they can acknowledge the photocopy (stamp it for you, and you go back with the stamped copy).
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by GideonVIBES(m): 7:31am On Sep 15, 2020
itzzkhaliii:

Sure thanks alot boss.I will surely try there,we went to The mtn office along ahmadu bello way after stadium,Barnawa complex and that of kakuri market inside plaza.

Ok. I hope the issue gets resolved.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by onlysammy(m): 9:23am On Sep 15, 2020
itzzkhaliii:
Greetings to elders, I have so much respect for this forum as person they struggle with one isissue I say ma carryam come elders forum.

It all began last 2- weeks when my brother wanted to apply for his P-UTME exam. But to do so the school he applied for required him to change his course as his cut off mark for the course he applied before hasn't reached. This is necessary for him to be considered among those that will be shortlisted to Sit for exam.

We went to Jamb CBT to change his course and go ahead with the P-UTME registration. This is where The problems started unfolding. We Came to realize that he used my mum's number to open his jamb profile, and the sad thing is that they had stolen my mum's phone with that sim in it last two months. She lived for some weeks without phone before going ahead to buy a phone and a new sim.

So when the CBT guy told us that we will need that sim for change of course to be possible. We went to jamb office here in Kaduna and they confirmed the CBT guy statement. We went for the sim swap last monday but Mtn told us that since the sim pack wasn't available she will have to do a court affidavit. We got the affidavit instantly but there was a lot of que when we go back to the Mtn office.

We have to leave it till Tuesday, we went early morning when it was her turn for the swap she went ahead but one surprising thing is that the same sim that she bought and registered by herself 5- years ago turned out to be displaying a different person pix with details.

That's where real wahala start ooo, the Mtn agent told her that there is no way that sim swap will be done because it wasn't her pix in the profile. He told her that what actually happens was that the people she bought the sim from where just business men disguising themselves as Mtn agent, they are just after to sale their sim card in order to gain profit. They will offer you a registered sim as unregistered and take you through the process of registering as if that was the exact Time the registering is taking place.

At the end we trird other Mtn offices but the same answer was given to us the only way out was to look for the person whose pix is displaying to come by himself and do the swapping. This is a person my mum has never met in her entire life she don't even know him.

Remember that she was just a victim of a circumstance that's beyond her control and anybody can fall for it. I can't even comprehend how an innocent student will waste another year at home as result of a missing sim or number.

Pls I am begging on fellow elders in the house or anyone that has been in similar situation like this or know someone that has come across a similar problem and was able to solve it to pls help my brother out he has already wasted a year at home.

Pls help me out
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by onlysammy(m): 9:31am On Sep 15, 2020
Bro, call me wit dis number 07040250878 or 08072817336 by 3 or 4 oclock, let me help you out, i work in a cafe, doing change of institution nd course require only your email nd password together wit jamb profile detail thats all, Just call me
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Eileene(f): 10:04am On Sep 15, 2020
itzzkhaliii:
Greetings to elders, I have so much respect for this forum as person they struggle with one isissue I say ma carryam come elders forum.

It all began last 2- weeks when my brother wanted to apply for his P-UTME exam. But to do so the school he applied for required him to change his course as his cut off mark for the course he applied before hasn't reached. This is necessary for him to be considered among those that will be shortlisted to Sit for exam.

We went to Jamb CBT to change his course and go ahead with the P-UTME registration. This is where The problems started unfolding. We Came to realize that he used my mum's number to open his jamb profile, and the sad thing is that they had stolen my mum's phone with that sim in it last two months. She lived for some weeks without phone before going ahead to buy a phone and a new sim.

So when the CBT guy told us that we will need that sim for change of course to be possible. We went to jamb office here in Kaduna and they confirmed the CBT guy statement. We went for the sim swap last monday but Mtn told us that since the sim pack wasn't available she will have to do a court affidavit. We got the affidavit instantly but there was a lot of que when we go back to the Mtn office.

We have to leave it till Tuesday, we went early morning when it was her turn for the swap she went ahead but one surprising thing is that the same sim that she bought and registered by herself 5- years ago turned out to be displaying a different person pix with details.

That's where real wahala start ooo, the Mtn agent told her that there is no way that sim swap will be done because it wasn't her pix in the profile. He told her that what actually happens was that the people she bought the sim from where just business men disguising themselves as Mtn agent, they are just after to sale their sim card in order to gain profit. They will offer you a registered sim as unregistered and take you through the process of registering as if that was the exact Time the registering is taking place.

At the end we trird other Mtn offices but the same answer was given to us the only way out was to look for the person whose pix is displaying to come by himself and do the swapping. This is a person my mum has never met in her entire life she don't even know him.

Remember that she was just a victim of a circumstance that's beyond her control and anybody can fall for it. I can't even comprehend how an innocent student will waste another year at home as result of a missing sim or number.

Pls I am begging on fellow elders in the house or anyone that has been in similar situation like this or know someone that has come across a similar problem and was able to solve it to pls help my brother out he has already wasted a year at home.

Pls help me out
Jamb change of course does not require phone number.i wonder who told you that
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by donsity(m): 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2020
I HAD A SIMILAR CHALLENGE WHEN MY PHONE WAS STOLEN, (NO SIM PACK)
I use GLO and Airtel, (Maybe I should Thank God I don't use MTN )
But after getting my National ID and Affidavit, the staff at GLO office told me that the SIM was not registered with my details.

But every other thing which they required checked out i.e. 5 Most frequently called numbers, Last recharge amount, etc.

At the end of the day. The AFFIDAVIT was what solved the problem. when the staff pointed out that the old details on their system were not mine, her colleague reminded her that the AFFIDAVIT covers such a claim. and since then (2years now) I have been using my sim with peace of mind

So the problem I think you had at the MTN office was that you did not stand on your right. next time you have such a problem, stand on your ground and insist on the essence of the AFFIDAVIT. The AFFIDAVIT is designed to Cover for any personal detail for which we may not have physical proof of.

For example, affidavit of date of birth, covers that though there is no proof that you were born on a certain date, this should statement in court should be accepted to be the truth. and that if you are later found to have lied to the court, you are liable to be jailed.

So next time you have such an issue, ask the staff. Please sir, why did you ask me to get the AFFIDAVIT if you will not accept that it is mine.
If the details on your computer were already showing my face, name, and other details, what is the stupid reason why telecoms ask people to go to the court to swear affidavit?
Stand on your ground, you will be heard.

1 Like

Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Pofgrace(m): 7:44am On Sep 16, 2020
Pofgrace:
I also did the change of course na.. And what u wrote up there was not required.... Lemme show u how u can do it sucessfully.... But first let me ask u this question... Did ur brother u use dat ur mother sim to open his email ? .. If No, then text "RESEND" to "55019" using thesame sim he use to create the email he use for jamb registration.. He whould be charge #50.. Thank u op did you notice this?
bro I'm not the one who posted that initially I just quoted it for you to notice it ni
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by KaynniKay(m): 8:57am On Sep 16, 2020
I have a friend that is going through same problem in change of course and OTP issues. So he went to Jamb office and he was notified that sending of OTP started cos of covid19 ,that the normal process being used was thumb printing and everything will be back to normal once offices resumes fully. That is, no more OTP to numbers but either thumb printing or emails. So have a little patience, post utme registration ends by november

1 Like

Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by TheCork(m): 2:35pm On Sep 16, 2020
Eileene:

Jamb change of course does not require phone number.i wonder who told you that

Please do u teach sexxx educations? cheesy
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 16, 2020
itzzkhaliii:

Pls help me out
call me o
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by mhikkyboi: 5:01am On Sep 18, 2020
itzzkhaliii:

thanks a lot but please where come be waff town do you mean warri
yes
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by docyomex(m): 3:21pm On Sep 28, 2020
And please send Jamb headquarters a tweet on Twitter...
Let them know what you're going through
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by UncleSnr(m): 11:17pm On Oct 15, 2020
My sister is having the same issue, she went to Jamb HQ at Bwari today, the person that attended to her said "Nothing can be done".
Even their support.

Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by TrollKiller(m): 11:22pm On Oct 15, 2020
UncleSnr:
My sister is having the same issue, she went to Jamb HQ at Bwari today, the person that attended to her said "Nothing can be done".
Even their support.
If you want her admission to be smooth, she must sacrifice this one. Its a MUST.
The number issue will give her serious issue if she forces her way through. It may seem small, but remember say e get why jamb put so much important for this number matter.

Na so e be. Next time she no go do such
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by UncleSnr(m): 7:14am On Oct 16, 2020
TrollKiller:

If you want her admission to be smooth, she must sacrifice this one. Its a MUST.
The number issue will give her serious issue if she forces her way through. It may seem small, but remember say e get why jamb put so much important for this number matter.

Na so e be. Next time she no go do such
Do which such?
Say the owner of the sim had accident and was burnt beyond recognition alongside the phone, is what she wouldn't do again?
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by TrollKiller(m): 9:35am On Oct 16, 2020
UncleSnr:

Do which such?
Say the owner of the sim had accident and was burnt beyond recognition alongside the phone, is what she wouldn't do again?
Lmao, the sim you use for registration should be on you at all times.
Lol, you fit carry on. If you no fit recover this sim, and you still move on with the admission stubbornly. Na Oyo you day o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Can I Retreive My Lost Jamb Registration Number / Soldier Takes Kids To School On Scooter (Video) / Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.