Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state (4443 Views)

Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route / Yorubas Only:The New city Scape of The Southwestern part of Nigeria.Drone View / 'We Want A Jewish State': Nnamdi Kanu Speaks On Igbos And Jewish Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by horsepower102: 9:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
The $3.4 billion Soul City project sitting on 50 hectares of land in Obosi, Anambra State, is expected to generate over 50, 000 direct and indirect jobs, the President of Soul City project, Nnamdi St. Michael Nwokoye has said.

He gave this hint at the weekend when he led a delegation to the corporate headquarters of Vintage Press Limited, publishers of The Nation newspaper titles.

According to him, the project is aimed at bringing African-American brothers back home to also invest and integrate with Nigerians and other Africans alike.

“The city would be a podium for business. Business is the primary objective of this project. There would be an amusement park, for recreational activities, industrial layout for industrialists and MSMEs. We intend building hotels, hospitals, big time schools, mini zoo, and residential areas that can accommodate workers and others that intend to live in the city,” Nwokoye noted.

Pressed further, he said the edifice when completed would be a world class tourist attraction that would host over one million visitors every year. “We mapped out a place for industries, we have a place for hospitality industry, and we have a place for residential. It will attract every aspect of business into the country. On completion, it would be generating over 50,000 direct and indirect jobs.”

He said the over 50 hectares of land which the city would be built on in the next few years, would be further expanded in the future with more land acquired.

He further explained that the American partners are notable black people living in US, stressing that a Memorandum of Understanding and the modalities of the investment are being fine-tuned.

“We have offered 30 percent of the total worth of the investment to them. This is so because the state government would be given some stakes. We are providing the land, while the Americans, the state government, and other Nigerian investors would be providing the required finances and other technical logistics. Garry Luster, A former Mayor in US for 20 years, businessman, an estate developer and an entrepreneur is one of the investors, though, they are coming as a group into this partnership,” he hinted.

While reiterating the job prospect of the project, Nwokoye said, “This City is referred to as the new investment destination in Africa. It is the new investment hob, and it is an avenue to attract foreign direct investment into Nigeria, which means that the country’s foreign exchange will be enhanced, the Gross Domestic Product of the country would be enhanced, and above all, over 50,000 jobs would be created within the city. This would create a new dimension in the world tourism business, and especially the world wrong perception of Nigeria and Nigerians. We want to use it to clean up some of the bad images the world have about Nigeria.”

“Moreover, we also considered providing a solution for the jobless youths, so we created the model for this city which would be an answer to the ever increasing unemployment in the country. When this city comes on board, the youths will no longer waste away after passing out from the universities and this will bring them back home,” he maintained.

Also speaking, the Executive Director, Mrs. Ebele Amaka Emeka-Duruem, said the foundation stone would be laid on October 6th, stressing that construction would commence in earnest.

She said the projected date for completion of the first phase four years’ time, pointing out that over 500 high rising units of the building has been planned for the first phase.

Source: TheNation

https://nipc.gov.ng/2018/09/30/3-4bn-soul-city-project-to-generate-over-50000-jobs-in-three-years/

Construction has started

Their facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/pg/Soulcity-extra-102655531247362/posts/

and

https://www.facebook.com/Soul-city-EXTRA-100150791405680/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by SLAP44: 9:39pm On Sep 13, 2020
Warning!!!

This thread can trigger suicides if you a hater, Please try another thread for you own health and survival grin

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 13, 2020
Noted.
Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by javaguru: 9:43pm On Sep 13, 2020
am impressed, since2018, this should be their 3rd year, I wish they get more funding

6 Likes

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by slivertongue: 9:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
if this is real, then morning don finally break for SE.

13 Likes

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by Karlovich: 9:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
Building a drug haven filled with baby factory cretins

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by Fatbabyfart(m): 9:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
In obosi

That town that have being ravaged with bad boys and girls

4 Likes

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by Goodmarlian: 9:46pm On Sep 13, 2020
Wioow
Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by slivertongue: 9:47pm On Sep 13, 2020
he said the edifice when completed would be a world class tourist attraction that would host over one million visitors every year. “We mapped out a place for industries, we have a place for hospitality industry, and we have a place for residential. It will attract every aspect of business into the country. On completion, it would be generating over 50,000 direct and indirect jobs.”

8 Likes

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by SLAP44: 9:50pm On Sep 13, 2020
Karlovich:
Building a drug haven filled with baby factory cretins
Fatbabyfart:
In obosi

That town that have being ravaged with bad boys and girls

They are already here to wail uncontrollably grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by PaJamesN: 9:52pm On Sep 13, 2020
Good, i repeat; Anambra is taken over from Lagos

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by horsepower102: 9:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
Some renders

7 Likes

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by horsepower102: 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2020
Launching ceremony was done late last year.

The Launching of the project was done on December 27th, 2019.

Construction has started.

cc: Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by horsepower102: 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2020
So far the following modern cities are under development in Anambra State

1) Awka millennium city
2) Luxuray Palace City
3) Soul city
4) Garden of Eden city

This is in addition to other developments that dont even make it to the news.

14 Likes

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by Bkayyy: 10:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
Kudos to the people of Obosi. Onitsha don full, it's the turn of obosi to regain her position as the second largest city or if possible the largest city in Anambra.
Mehn I just love these healthy competition. Oba, Nkpor and Okija will still launch something big after or before they finish this. Nobody wan carry last for Anambra

21 Likes

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by laiperi: 10:10pm On Sep 13, 2020
Good news worth celebrating. This type of news come once in a while. I hope they actualize their dream.

8 Likes

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by Bkayyy: 10:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
PaJamesN:
Good, i repeat; Anambra is taken over from Lagos
Roger that Mr sergeant!

16 Likes

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by Firstorderwizard(m): 10:52pm On Sep 13, 2020
My only problem is how to mop up all snipers in the market to avert a possible mass suicide cos of this thread

17 Likes

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by Benevento(m): 10:57pm On Sep 13, 2020
$3.4 billion ? LMAO.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by horsepower102: 11:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
Benevento:
$3.4 billion ? LMAO.

Good. I am glad you are laughing away your pain instead of taking sniper. Keep laughing while construction continues.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by AyakaDunukofia: 11:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
Bkayyy:
Kudos to the people of Obosi. Onitsha don full, it's the turn of obosi to regain her position as the second largest city or if possible the largest city in Anambra.
Mehn I just love these healthy competition. Oba, Nkpor and Okija will still launch something big after or before they finish this. Nobody wan carry last for Anambra

You are most likely to see the emergence of ANAMBRA MEGA CITY from Anambra state. The current towns in the LGA areas of Onitsha, Awka, Ogbaru, Oyi, Anambra, Ekwusigo, Dunukofia, Njikoka, Idemili, Anaocha and Nnewi North would become the epicentre of the sprawling metropolis. These would gradually spill over to Aguata, Nnewi south and Orumba.

The coming hurricane is so big that Obosi would just be a part of the mega city like the other towns as we know them today.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by SLAP44: 11:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
AyakaDunukofia:

You are most likely to see the emergence of ANAMBRA MEGA CITY from Anambra state. The current towns in the LGA areas of Onitsha, Awka, Ogbaru, Oyi, Anambra, Ekwusigo, Dunukofia, Njikoka, Idemili, Anaocha and Nnewi North would become the epicentre of the sprawling metropolis. These would gradually spill over to Aguata, Nnewi south and Orumba.

The coming hurricane is so big that Obosi would just be a part of the mega city like the other towns as we know them today.

And all the people shout, Ameeeeeeen! !!

17 Likes

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by horsepower102: 11:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
AyakaDunukofia:

Exactly what i was thinking, Anambra is on the route to becoming a city state. Like Singapore and Hong Kong.

Even Tokyo used to be a small settlement but today it has merged with all the cities around it to become one.

8 Likes

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by AyakaDunukofia: 11:19pm On Sep 13, 2020
It is also very important to develop a strategic vision and plan for this; there should be a grand master plan for this inevitable expansion. The state government should leverage on the Land Use Act to decide which areas of the state that should be classified as strategic reserves. This should be done without fear or favour in order to minimize the tendency for future demolitions and compensations.

10 Likes

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by horsepower102: 11:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
This is why I have been saying for years that Onitsha metro area need its own sub-government that will focus on city development. The current structure of state government running everything is very unsustainable.

Just imagine the state of New York governor in America running the day to day affairs of New York city. That will be a disaster.

Then why do we keep doing that for a state like Anambra state that is growing rapidly?

13 Likes

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by AyakaDunukofia: 11:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
horsepower102:

Exactly what i was thinking, Anambra is on the route to becoming a city state. Like Singapore and Hong Kong.

Even Tokyo used to be a small settlement but today it has merged with all the cities around it to become one.

I agree with you. That of Anambra is obvious and imminent.

12 Likes

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by Benevento(m): 11:30pm On Sep 13, 2020
horsepower102:

Good. I am glad you are laughing away your pain instead of taking sniper. Keep laughing while construction continues.
Are we not saying the same thing?

We all know everyone in obosi are Billionaire, if each household in obosi could contribute 1billion naira each, ain't we gonna get 3.4billion dollars (that's over 1 trillion naira)?

In addition, we can replicate this in Nkalagu, Ebonyi state, I learnt 1 in every 3 indigenes of Nkalagu are Billionaire..

Hahahaha

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by SLAP44: 11:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
Benevento:

Are we not saying the same thing?

We all know everyone in obosi are Billionaire, if each household in obosi could contribute 1billion naira each, ain't we gonna get 3.4billion dollars (that's over 1 trillion naira)?

In addition, we can replicate this in Nkalagu, Ebonyi state, I learnt 1 in every 3 indigenes of Nkalagu are Billionaire..

Hahahaha

I can feel your pain from here. You can barely contain your bile, or stop your tears, take heart, it's not the end of life.

Some days are like that.

17 Likes

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by Benevento(m): 11:35pm On Sep 13, 2020
SLAP44:

I can feel your pain from here.
I'm not in pain bro, I doubt if this unrealistic project would put me in pain.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by Niccoloimhotep: 11:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
My omambala esetigo

3 Likes

Re: Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state by SLAP44: 11:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
Benevento:

I'm not in pain bro, I doubt if this unrealistic project would put me in pain.

Then stop crying all over the place, how can you be crying this loud and you say you are not in pain?

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Face Of Boko Haram Operational Commander (pic) / Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly / History Of Alimosho Locat Govt In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.