Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Boyfriend Lied About His Age - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Boyfriend Lied About His Age (43024 Views)

Game Goes Horribly Wrong As Boy Ask Lady To Guess His Age ( Photo ) / Man Reveals Why He Is Still A Virgin At His Age. See Reactions He Got. / Lady Catches Boyfriend With Another Girl At Dominos After He Lied About Headache (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by Emyzoloye5(m): 1:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
lolz....dats normal with us guys ....we normally add 3or 4years to our real age

if she can't continue with the relationship....she can move on .....

Toto still fill everywhere
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by IamDavid(m): 1:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
kingemaker:
Good morning my NL people.

I usually don't do this but I've been forced to create this thread because my friend (a lady) needs my advice on the subject.

She met this cool dude about two years ago, they started dating after 2 months or thereabouts and everything has been fine with them.

Dude has a good career and she's also doing very well for herself. A couple of days back, she ran into some of his documents and realized that she is 5 years older than him shocked she confirmed this via a photocopy of his international passport, WAEC certificate and Jamb documents; his DOB was consistent in all.

I advised her to confront him, at least to hear his own part of the story (because I'm aware so many Nigerians tend to reduce their "official" ages). But she insisted that that wasn't the case because she remembered when her boyfriend's elder brother in the US once celebrated his birthday with a cake with "**** at 29" inscription. She saw the photos on IG late last year and she was confused but decided to shrug it off thinking it could be a mistake.

As of this moment, she feels the dude must be hiding some other things from her, she's so broken right now.

I'll be expecting your input guys.

I don't mind if you help push this to the promised land.

Thanks

We need to be careful before we advise everybody to break up their relationships because of every mistake. There's a high probability that this guy is using a consistently fake age for his education and career. The lady should reason along that line and find a subtle way to ask her boo (her reaction should be like "so that's what you can't tell me...all the best for you grin "wink. The guy will regret not telling her earlier and will trust her more. Nobody's perfect o

1 Like

Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by etrange: 1:32pm On Sep 14, 2020
Rashman578:

Sorry pls, what is the meaning of this "cc"

CC is the abbreviation for "carbon copy". It is used to put someone in copy of your writeup. I used it to put the OP in copy cause I updated the writeup after quoting him so I didn't want him to miss the new things I added.
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by Alexaonfleek: 1:32pm On Sep 14, 2020
Bobotic:
A girl of 25 and a guy of 25yrs of age are not age mates.
The girl is 5yrs older than the guy.
Argue with your kinsmen.
cool
Lol funny.
That's probably why guys go for girls younger than them and vice versa.
Normally.

1 Like

Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by Minjim: 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2020
Age ain't nothing but a number
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by Dealvault100: 1:37pm On Sep 14, 2020
99thEnemy:
how can you not have a fixed price for your product? Some people just don't have that time. Cost of harddrive plus value of digital content... Sum up and loud it out simple.
50k. There u have it

Update: Mind you it's not about money. People with zero budget have been helped in the past.
What i want to see is DESIRE & HUMILITY
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by duality(m): 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2020
Bobotic:
Argue with your kinsmen.
cool

Interestingly, You are right!
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by faithfull18(f): 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2020
Lol, she has been dating her younger brother. Is age really just a number

1 Like

Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by 2cuteoflyfe: 1:52pm On Sep 14, 2020
Why do I have this feeling that this story is for you too
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by gstelly: 1:59pm On Sep 14, 2020
age doesn't matter in a relationship, no love and respect that's all
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by darediamond(m): 1:59pm On Sep 14, 2020
KidDarkness:
Let her talk to him about it. Is she in love with his age or his character? Sportsmen reduce their ages but still get married. I'm not encouraging his wrong doing but no one does anything without a reason. So, talk to him
YOU OFFER THE MOST REASONABLE ADVICE!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by AugustusA1(m): 2:32pm On Sep 14, 2020
Hello,

I’m no relationship expert but this is my opinion. If a relationship starts with lie or deceit , that relationship may crumble in no distant time. I will suggest you confront him but when u do, make a distinction between your heart & brain. I bet he had his reasons which might not go well with u later. I think if a man hid his age, his intention was to get your attention and perhaps down with u as well. So what next after that? Age is something partners will always find out so why not save d stress by simply telling the truth in the first place. But anyways my opinion may be incorrect, so all I can do is wish u d best in your relationship.
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by WisdomHunter(m): 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2020
kingemaker:

I usually don't do this but I've been forced to create this thread because my friend (a lady) needs my advice on the subject.

She met this cool dude about two years ago, they started dating after 2 months or thereabouts and everything has been fine with them.

Dude has a good career and she's also doing very well for herself. A couple of days back, she ran into some of his documents and realized that she is 5 years older than him shocked she confirmed this via a photocopy of his international passport, WAEC certificate and Jamb documents; his DOB was consistent in all.

I advised her to confront him, at least to hear his own part of the story (because I'm aware so many Nigerians tend to reduce their "official" ages). But she insisted that that wasn't the case because she remembered when her boyfriend's elder brother in the US once celebrated his birthday with a cake with "**** at 29" inscription. She saw the photos on IG late last year and she was confused but decided to shrug it off thinking it could be a mistake.

As of this moment, she feels the dude must be hiding some other things from her, she's so broken right now.

Thanks

Sister tell us the truth is that you?
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by GoldHorse(m): 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2020
...she ran into ....into his international passport, WAEC certificate and Jamb documents....

She must be Usain Bolt's sister, ba? Just running into all the documents in the house.... undecided Going through someone's personal document/stuff is something I detest. At least, you don see waiting u dey search for.

To the isse at hand: Well shouldn't the "worrier" be the man dating his senior sister's age mate? Siddon with him and discuss; TRUST IS BIGGER THAN LOVE IN ANY RELATIONSHIP.
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by Bjteensdes24: 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2020
My own point of view is that, it's possible the lady has told the guy the age difference she prefers when choosing a guy to date. As a guy, who maybe loves her and want her get to know the age difference between them, made up his mind not telling her his actual age. Age is just a number, know different ladies that sets standard of whom to date when it is about age difference
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by Bjteensdes24: 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2020
Bjteensdes24:
My own point of view is that, it's possible the lady has told the guy the age difference she prefers when choosing a guy to date. As a guy, who maybe loves her and want her get to know the age difference between them, made up his mind not telling her his actual age. Age is just a number, know different ladies that sets standard of whom to date when it is about age difference
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by sisisioge: 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin

I dont know why guys do this...that's how one boy almost turned me to a sugar mommy. Dont lie about your age bikonu...we are African women, we mostly can't deal with being the older party in a hetero relationship bikonu grin grin grin
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by Ahmad62(m): 2:49pm On Sep 14, 2020
bluefilm:

Sure.

And as a matter of fact, this will definitely not be the last time you will be seeing it right here on Nairaland.

Most of the people that are posting stuffs like this just wants attention... In real life nothing like that is happening
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by jaeyking(m): 3:04pm On Sep 14, 2020
SimplyFacts:
I hope she doesn't lose a love becoz of age/ego.

Friendship-turned-love is always lovely tongue

She wouldn't have accepted initially if the guy is worse.

Whatever her decision is,,,, good luck to her.

Faced similar issue,
started out as good friends then with much talks he revealed her immediate younger brothers age and guess what the guy is even older than me.
i just reduced the calls and created distance.

all the ladies i come in contact with are mostly older than me by 3 yrs or so.
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by DrMuphasa: 3:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
kingemaker:

Thanks

I think it depends at what stage of the relationship you guys discussed about your ages, it may be that then he never thought the relationship would go this far and so he was just out to catch fun. Just ask him again and if he still says the same thing, then he has broken "trust".
Modified
How will you define the relationship? To both of you, will it lead to marriage, or you guys are just having fun?
Lastly, The age is irrelevant in your love life unless you are angry he broke your trust.
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by frozen70(f): 3:29pm On Sep 14, 2020
kingemaker:

Thanks

She should just leave it the way it is pls

Reduction of age has come to stay and its done for reasons best known to the person

This is one of the exact reasons WAEC comes with date of birth so that whatever way you manipulate your age especially for school, using WAEC result will pin you down with age

So since he didn't tell you forget about it after all if not that you saw it you wouldn't know

Secondly if you confront him, if he is having the intention to drop you, then that's a good reason for him
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by bigiyaro(m): 3:36pm On Sep 14, 2020
Freestainworld:
don't let age deprive you your happiness if the guy is treating you well, and respecting you, sometimes the reason why some people hide their in relationships is for fear of losing their beloved partners, I hope you understand this.
no mind the girl, if a man has never lied to a woman, then he no respect for her feelings.
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by KidDarkness(m): 4:02pm On Sep 14, 2020
darediamond:
YOU OFFER THE MOST REASONABLE ADVICE!!!!!!!!
Thanks!
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by KidDarkness(m): 4:07pm On Sep 14, 2020
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

I dont know why guys do this...that's how one boy almost turned me to a sugar mommy. Dont lie about your age bikonu...we are African women, we mostly can't deal with being the older party in a hetero relationship bikonu grin grin grin
Lolz. You can't blame them. Most guys like them older. You know what they say " The older the wine, the finer the taste", " The older the wine, the sweeter" and " The older the wine, the better".
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by Sixfeetbelle: 4:30pm On Sep 14, 2020
Small080:

33 ke... Biko at 35 ...... When dey tell them to marry on time dey no go hear, too late to get married for woman now ..35, she still complain about age, she is the One to reduce her yeye age abeg

If at 28, you found out your supposed 22 year old girlfriend is actually 30, how would you react?

Una no dey imagine the problem like say na una own problem before dishing advice. Why?

1 Like

Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 14, 2020
Exodora:

Over looking the age is not a problem here like he stated but she is scared because the guy might be hiding something from her.

Then she should confront him not losing interest at all
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by Liposure: 4:47pm On Sep 14, 2020
Bobotic:
Argue with your kinsmen.
cool
in other words, what a girl at 25 sees sitting down, a guy at 25 cannot see standing up

1 Like

Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by tunize(m): 4:50pm On Sep 14, 2020
Freestainworld:
don't let age deprive you your happiness if the guy is treating you well, and respecting you, sometimes the reason why some people hide their in relationships is for fear of losing their beloved partners, I hope you understand this.
More reason is good to be truthful and trust worthy at all times, you know why? If you tell someone the truth about something and the person gets angry, its same anger and reaction that person is still going to feel wen you tell a lie or deceive ppl besides truth comes with peace and light heart.
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by Liposure: 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2020
KidDarkness:

Lolz. You can't blame them. Most guys like them older. You know what they say " The older the wine, the finer the taste", " The older the wine, the sweeter" and " The older the wine, the better".
plus the older, the merrier
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by salt1: 5:21pm On Sep 14, 2020
Exodora:

Over looking the age is not a problem here like he stated but she is scared because the guy might be hiding something from her.

Like wasting her time without wanting to marry her. Why doesn't this occur to somebody? Eventually, he will say, because of our age difference, my family won't accept you.
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by Prossah: 5:35pm On Sep 14, 2020
Quality20:
D young guy who is with d older lady isn't complaining so what's d fuss from her about?

The poster is the guy, and his girlfriend was one who lied about her age grin

1 Like

Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by Exodora: 5:54pm On Sep 14, 2020
salt1:

Like wasting her time without wanting to marry her. Why doesn't this occur to somebody? Eventually, he will say, because of our age difference, my family won't accept you.
Exactly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igbo Bride Pounds For Her Husband-to-be As He Watches In Lovely Pre-wedding Pics / 15 Guys Secret Every Lady Should Know / How Do You React To An Accidental Kiss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.