Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Is This Weapon Legal? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is This Weapon Legal? (1952 Views)

Is This Type Of Weapon Allowed For Private Owners In Nigeria? / Kidnapper Evans Unable To Pay Legal Fees, Trial Stalled / Illegal African Migrant With Weapon Overpowered By Police In Italy. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Weapon Legal? by Johnholmes: 3:25am On Sep 14, 2020
Due to the increase in crime rate in nigeria .people are becoming increasingly wary about security.
Nigeria is not like the US were firearms can easily be procured readily but on the other hand ,there are some oweapons which are still legal that can be used for self defence .
Examples include sticks ,knives ,slingshots etc .

There is a particular slingshot aka catapault that caught my attention.
It's the RS-X7 doomsday slingshot pro.
Features include:

-Accurate Scope

-Repeat firing (up to 40 rounds)

-Powerful up to 50metres

It's an awesome weapon for self defence and even offense.

Pls I just wanna know if this modified slingshot/catapult is legal so I can procure it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIMqzHg9Kb8

Video demonstrating range

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLJ1X581YO0

Video demonstrating power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvNguLWrZYA

Re: Is This Weapon Legal? by Nobody: 4:26am On Sep 14, 2020
Why not buy this one below.

Nigerian Police will use u to shine if they see that one u posted with u.

1 Like

Re: Is This Weapon Legal? by Johnholmes: 4:40am On Sep 14, 2020
azmanaty02:
Why not buy this one below.

Nigerian Police will use u to shine if they see that one u posted with u.
Thank u very much for ur suggestion but I think it's still the same weapon but just modified to release more rounds quickly .
Also I dont intend to take it around with me,i just intend to keep it at home in case of an invasion
Re: Is This Weapon Legal? by Nobody: 4:54am On Sep 14, 2020
Johnholmes:

Thank u very much for ur suggestion but I think it's still the same weapon but just modified to release more rounds quickly .
Also I dont intend to take it around with me,i just intend to keep it at home in case of an invasion

I just watched the video u posted. That slingshot is shoot to kill. Did u see how it was going thru those cans.. I doubt if such weapon will be legal here. Not sure though
Re: Is This Weapon Legal? by kuuljay(m): 7:33am On Sep 14, 2020
Don't try it, except if you are sure they will give you licence,my younger brother was arrested because they saw a mug that is designed exactly like camera lens,they said it was a bomb,he was locked up for two weeks and all efforts to see the said bomb was not successful,when we finally secured his bail and they brought the device and I saw it I was mad.nigerian police is full of illiterate and frustrated men and women pls avoid their wahala,how you wan begin explain to them say na catapult you carry,you think they will listen to you? Them fit fire you there and then
Re: Is This Weapon Legal? by ChiefJusticeFuc: 7:50am On Sep 14, 2020
The useless police we have wanted to arrest me after a routine stop and search because of a Swiss army survivor kit which they branded as a weapon.

You are living in a despotic Marxist state where your God given rights to self preservation is denied

That sling shot will be considered as a weapon of mass destruction by those fools.

But with little modification, I can turn that sling shot to a Molotov launcher.
Re: Is This Weapon Legal? by davillian(m): 8:01am On Sep 14, 2020
It's a weapon that can kill...
You can't even carry knife around in Nigeria...

Na armed robber case police go back u with...
Re: Is This Weapon Legal? by Johnholmes: 11:23am On Sep 14, 2020
Na wa for this my country ,with all d security issues we are having one has to defend himself.

Can this kind of weapon be licensed then??
Re: Is This Weapon Legal? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:28pm On Sep 14, 2020
You can own one and carry it around ONLY if you're fulani .
Re: Is This Weapon Legal? by prince2pac(m): 2:40pm On Sep 14, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:
You can own one and carry it around ONLY if you're fulani .
Abi, but na true sha
Re: Is This Weapon Legal? by UDUJ(m): 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2020
kuuljay:
Don't try it, except if you are sure they will give you licence,my younger brother was arrested because they saw a mug that is designed exactly like camera lens,they said it was a bomb,he was locked up for two weeks and all efforts to see the said bomb was not successful,when we finally secured his bail and they brought the device and I saw it I was mad.nigerian police is full of illiterate and frustrated men and women pls avoid their wahala,how you wan begin explain to them say na catapult you carry,you think they will listen to you? Them fit fire you there and then

cheesy You are very correct. I have never seen an illiterate, irresponsible and useless set of police force like ours. Very useless people.

To the Op: you can make enquiries at the police hq at obalende if they will allow it and then apply for a permit,because these illiterate police officers will just arrest you once they see it with you or they receive an info that such a gadget is in your possession, and claim its a gun eventhough they can see it doesn't use actual bullets, yes they are that dumb.

(1) (Reply)

Kidnap Victim Rejected Three Times By Ritualists / Nigerian Soldier Shot And Killed By Benin Republic Security Operatives / VIDEO: Lady Caught On Camera Twerking For Gorillas At A Zoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.