Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Sharing Information Between Systems. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Sharing Information Between Systems. (795 Views)

Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? / Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now / Setting Up Pc To Pc Lan And Sharing A Usb Modem Internet Services In The Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharing Information Between Systems. by Nosu(m): 3:11pm On Jun 21, 2007
how can one share information between two systems by using a cross cable.what configuration does one need to do on the system?
Re: Sharing Information Between Systems. by DoubleN(m): 9:54pm On Jun 22, 2007
First of all enable file sharing on the folder you want to share(right click on the folder and enable file sharing).Then assign them to the same workgroup and assign IP addresses.If your not clear on this contact me.
Re: Sharing Information Between Systems. by mendax: 3:38am On Jun 23, 2007
yeah double N is right just enable file sharin and make sure the work grp is the same, but im not sure u even need to assign any sort of ip address remember its just btwn the 2 computers. just make sure that the LAN cable (cross over) is working by checking if the light behind at the cable terminal is flashing. also u could xchek if the sys is receivin and sending data by pinging in the command prompt. less i forget u can assign the workgrup name by using the connxn wizard.

i hop this response helps.
Re: Sharing Information Between Systems. by inze(m): 1:34pm On Jun 23, 2007
All correct sirs

Except for the ip assignning thing by Double N.

Thats only required if the two systems are internet connected.

Good Luck

I n z e

(1) (Reply)

Nokia N95 - 8gb (for Sale) / Windows Vista To Windows Xp Palava / Ahasan Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.