Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. (812 Views)

Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors / Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by Dozis: 10:52am On Sep 14, 2020
Sometimes last year (2019), I desperately needed money to pay my house rent, I just quit an FG job to start my own business and I was looking for a loan, so I saw a loan advert on Facebook (the thing is that Facebook and Google collect your browsing data to help them run adverts that suits you and I was always browsing how to get a loan without collateral, lol).
So I saw this advert of Facebook by "crownfin" they go by different names at different times. I quickly clicked, I was desperate (now I believe I was greedy), the site opened and I filled the form to get ₦200,000 to pay ₦20,000 upfront, they asked for my ATM card details, I filled and submitted.
I went as far as checking the address they put on their website on Google map and lo it was on Google map, Aba Road, Port Harcourt.
After entering my card details, I received a debit alert of ₦20,0000. I was the one that foolishly sent them the OTP from my bank, immediately I was debited, I rushed back to the website to receive my supposed loan, but no record was found, that was when my eyes cleared and I knew that I had been defrauded.
I told myself that I must get my money back, since it was PAGA and interswitch, they used, I immediately mailed my bank and they said they will investigate, one month later I didn't hear from my bank (meanwhile that had already given me complaint reference code), I reminded them again, they said that the transaction was successful, that it's not a failed transaction, meanwhile my mail read "FRAUDULENT TRANSACTION" at this point my bank had already frozen my account and all debit channels (reason being that my account has been compromised).
I now decided to involve CBN, I mailed CBN directly, telling them everything that transpired and copied my bank, immediately that night I received a credit of ₦20,000 from my bank and a mail stating that are refunding me pending their investigation, after a week or so, I noticed that I was debited the exact ₦20,000, I immediately mailed my bank to know why, they replied that they investigated and found out that the transaction was genuine and conclusive, I now forwarded the mail to CBN (cpd@cbn.gov.ng) stating what my bank did, after two weeks or thereabouts, I received another alert of ₦20,000.
The conclusion of the matter is that I got my money back, it's over four months now.
So I am using this medium to let people know that with tenacity and dexterity, if you were defrauded by anyone, be it police, 419ers, BVN fraud calls etc, you can get your money back, in as much as you didn't go over the counter to deposit the money or it was a cash transaction. Online transactions have a trail and with the trail you can get justice. Just get the transaction details (download you bank app, so that you can be generating e-receipts) this will help you in your claims.
What banks normally do is to freeze the fraudsters account and ask him to reconcile with you and until you tell your bank that the issue has been resolved, the fraudsters account will be inoperative.
Please don't mail CBN first, they require that you must have complained to your bank first and your bank must have given you a complaint reference number and that your were not satisfied with the way your bank handled the matter.
Lalasticlala, please help me share my story.

1 Like

Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by grim33(m): 11:03am On Sep 14, 2020
If you can. Please just let go and move on with your life.
Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by Dozis: 11:21am On Sep 14, 2020
grim33:
My guy, that's the more reason they will continue to defraud people.

2 Likes

Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by 0Brien: 11:34am On Sep 14, 2020
grim33:

Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by grim33(m): 2:53pm On Sep 14, 2020
Person way get sense oya talk solution make we know if you get sense or not.
0Brien:

Nonsense.

Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by grim33(m): 4:01pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ok go catch them then... best of luck.
Dozis:

My guy, that's the more reason they will continue to defraud people.
Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 14, 2020
grim33:
Arrant nonsense!
@dozis you try my guy. wehdon

1 Like

Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by grim33(m): 4:58pm On Sep 14, 2020
You’re nothing but a paper tiger. Na online una dey get mouth. Go catch them 1st .
excellence44:

Arrant nonsense!
Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by Herkim(m): 5:44pm On Sep 14, 2020
Thank you for the information
Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 14, 2020
grim33:
You’re nothing but a paper tiger. Na online una dey get mouth. Go catch them 1st .
"paper tiger"
Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by prinzmenzir(m): 5:59pm On Sep 14, 2020
grim33:

Maybe you are a fraudster

2 Likes

Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by grim33(m): 6:29pm On Sep 14, 2020
Lol. Yeah maybe. Ode
prinzmenzir:

Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by odizeey(m): 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
prinzmenzir:

It's obvious na.
Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by Dozis: 8:45pm On Sep 14, 2020
excellence44:

Arrant nonsense!
Thanks bro
Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by Dozis: 8:45pm On Sep 14, 2020
Herkim:
Thank you for the information
You're welcome
Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by grim33(m): 6:51am On Sep 15, 2020
You’re a brain dead person. That much is obvious
odizeey:

It's obvious na.
Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by samsard(m): 8:10am On Sep 15, 2020
grim33:
Person way get sense oya talk solution make we know if you get sense or not.
Just say you're a fraudster.
Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by grim33(m): 8:33am On Sep 15, 2020
I can’t say what I’m not bobo try get small sense ABEG.

My input on the matter was from personal experience in ikeja some months ago . I got scammed 50k , I also dashed the guy #2000 just for being nice not knowing I and my big bro have just been played out of my 50k.
I was so sad that I almost cried because I got fooled by one guy that’s was addressing me as “egbon“ Bros .

so when I told people they said I should take heart and try to move on. I say lie I no gree.
I will get my money back I said with confidence. To cut the story short. I paid 20k to police trying to find this guy story I paid someone As a look out 5k hisss Na so the money and stress starts to become pointless.
So I said to OP “if you can let go” just like I was told back then way I no hear na the same thing dey happen now.

All this fools way just jump on my matter can not help you do catshit. But them get big mouth and start sayings I should admit to a crime I know nothing of. 9ja my people I hail o.

samsard:
Just say you're a fraudster.
Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by samsard(m): 8:53am On Sep 15, 2020
grim33:
I can’t say what I’m not bobo try get small sense ABEG.

My input on the matter was from personal experience in ikeja some months ago . I got scammed 50k , I also dashed the guy #2000 just for being nice not knowing I and my big bro have just been played out of my 50k.
I was so sad that I almost cried because I got fooled by one guy that’s was addressing me as “egbon“ Bros .

so when I told people they said I should take heart and try to move on. I say lie I no gree.
I will get my money back I said with confidence. To cut the story short. I paid 20k to police trying to find this guy story I paid someone As a look out 5k hisss Na so the money and stress starts to become pointless.
So I said to OP “if you can let go” just like I was told back then way I no hear na the same thing dey happen now.

All this fools way just jump on my matter can not help you do catshit. But them get big mouth and start sayings I should admit to a crime I know nothing of. 9ja my people I hail o.

You're not serious. You want people to encourage fraud by letting scammers walk? The OP was able to resolve his and clearly stated how others could resolve theirs if they're ever in a similar position and you come with "If you can, let it go?"
With each successful scam, a scammer would be encouraged to try the next guy available. If you followed the police, who are known crooks, and you were unable to resolve yours, it doesn't mean it'll be the same for everyone.
Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by grim33(m): 8:58am On Sep 15, 2020
Well true it can’t be the same for every body. In Op case good for him. Using police is a different story.
samsard:
You're not serious. You want people to encourage fraud by letting scammers walk? The OP was able to resolve his and clearly stated how others could resolve theirs if they're ever in a similar position and you come with "If you can, let it go?"
With each successful scam, a scammer would be encouraged to try the next guy available. If you followed the police, who are known crooks, and you were unable to resolve yours, it doesn't mean it'll be the same for everyone.
Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by Xsem(m): 9:48am On Sep 15, 2020
Dozis:

You're welcome

Please can i get your WhatsApp number,
Re: How You Can Get Your Money Back From Fraudsters. by odizeey(m): 10:35am On Sep 15, 2020
grim33:
You’re a brain dead person. That much is obvious
k

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get To Learn Trade Under Any Igbo Business Man / I sell RMB and provide China Alipay WeChat bank card remittance service(70.5=1¥) / Daily Naira Exchange Rate (usd, Euro, Cedis, Gbp, Cad, Aed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.