Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:39 PM

US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes (35548 Views)

US Imposes Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Who Disrupted 2023 Election / 2023: US To Impose Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Democracy / What Would Happen To Nigeria If The US Imposed Trade Sanctions On Us? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by authentic18: 7:55am On Sep 15, 2020
Racoon:
Hope the ban will include their families, cronies, INEC officials, security agencies, party leaders & supporters?
Since they dont want genuine electoral reforms then let foreign powers help restart the process for us.
Life time ban
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by RTSC: 7:58am On Sep 15, 2020
hubcap:

their investments and properties are not under any sanctions!

why extend the restrictions to their innocent families?

besides there are alot of better countries that do not care about us restrictions so
It may not officially be under sanctions, but there will be some body keeping an eye on it

Their families enjoyed in the proceeds and gains of election tampering.
An office holder that rigs election is not doing it for himself alone.

As long as the country is not a major US ally, they can go.

Unfortunately for them, the best countries are US allies.

Stop defending people destroying your country.
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by delishpot: 7:59am On Sep 15, 2020
Lol, so USA is a free and fair country now? Anyways, the stronger will act like they are better than the weaker. Black men been looking up to white men as their saviours since Adam.
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by higgs: 8:01am On Sep 15, 2020
Good
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by RTSC: 8:05am On Sep 15, 2020
delishpot:
Lol, so USA is a free and fair country now? Anyways, the stronger will act like they are better than the weaker. Black men been looking up to white men as their saviours since Adam.
The US is better in all ramifications.

We should be grateful that they care enough to even help us face those destroying our country.
It costs them nothing to turn a blind eye to these politicians that enjoy spending in the US anyway.
France would have looked away.

Politicians that rig elections and prevent the right people from winning, which is the core center of underdevelopment.

Nigerians are too cowardly to do anything on their own.

If a Nigerian is pushed to the wall, he will dig a hole in the wall.

1 Like

Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by rajiedreez: 8:07am On Sep 15, 2020
People are hailing the step as if USA is the heaven God is talking about, Visa restrictions doesn't stop these peoples business, even in the USA. Na we go sort ourselves not USA. You restrict visa to the but will accept their transfers when they loot
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by Ezmans: 8:16am On Sep 15, 2020
Racoon:
Hope the ban will include their families, cronies, INEC officials, security agencies, party leaders & supporters?
Since they dont want genuine electoral reforms then let foreign powers help restart the process for us.
mention there name
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by bist: 8:19am On Sep 15, 2020
Brandstudio01:
No wonder some don't like this President.
But the issue is that, our breed of politicians can do just anything for money. Regardless

Abeg jare , I will Design a Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only.

If your logo don't come with a manual, then their is nothing professional about your logo.
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by SenecaTheYonger: 8:25am On Sep 15, 2020
Xisnin:
Funny people.

When did "visa restriction" becomes a punishment?

I hope you are not an African. You seem to be opposed to everything that is right and just. You are a very evil personality on Nairaland. I've been watching your comment right from the time of COVID and how you absorb everything from CNN like a robot. You even had an argument wtih me about how the data provided by a few scientist with statistics on how the malaria drug works for COVID was false, becasue some jornalist on CNN said it killed people. And when CNN finally admitted that the malaria drug did indeed work (which much has been very hard for them to admit) you disappeared.

I have to say that you are one of the worst posters on this website. I'm glad Trump is president. I know that if the US govt was run by a democrat, they'll give our politicians a pat on the back and send them more aide money instead of punishing thier atrocities. I wish Trump's government had more diplomatic power to punish our government beyond just restricting travel. I wish they could restrict them from travelling to any country on Earth apart from within Africa.

1 Like

Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by lakeside3020(m): 8:27am On Sep 15, 2020
Nigeria is a sovereign nation,she has the right to conduct free and fair elections and will not subcum to any external influences/dictation
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by Dreyton36: 8:27am On Sep 15, 2020
Fvck mehnnnnnnnnnn

Even before now, do they give Nigerian visas?
Yeye people
Abeg Wells Fargo is available for loading, any pro loader here hit me up, company aza yakpa
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by Laggatumuch(m): 8:30am On Sep 15, 2020
Nchenches:
Visa restriction is like a tap on the back of election fraudsters in Nigeria.

What have they lost in not going to the US?
Meself tire
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by KIDfurniture(m): 8:33am On Sep 15, 2020
This simply means they will not allow ur politicians
to enter AMERICA with looted funds anymore. They will loot and move to countries like Switzerland, UAE , USA , UK ..

Racoon:

https://www.state.gov/

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-us-slams-visa-ban-on-election-riggers-in-nigeria/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by omoayeni1(m): 8:41am On Sep 15, 2020
Brandstudio01:
No wonder some don't like this President.
But the issue is that, our breed of politicians can do just anything for money. Regardless

Abeg jare , I will Design a Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only.

Add my WhatsApp 081-6755-9751
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by FlordFlorez(m): 8:42am On Sep 15, 2020
Healthy for democracy.
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by Xisnin(m): 9:00am On Sep 15, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

I hope you are not an African. You seem to be opposed to everything that is right and just. You are a very evil personality on Nairaland. I've been watching your comment right from the time of COVID and how you absorb everything from CNN like an unthinking animal. You even had an argument wtih me about how the data provided by a few scientist with statistics on how the malaria drug works for COVID was false, becasue some jornalist on CNN said it killed people. And when CNN finally admitted that the malaria drug did indeed work (which much has been very hard for them to admit) you disappeared.

I have to say that you are one of the worst posters on this website. I'm glad Trump is president. I know that if the US govt was run by a democrat, they'll give our politicians a pat on the back and send them more aide money instead of punishing thier atrocities. I wish Trump's government had more diplomatic power to punish our government beyond just restricting travel. I wish they could restrict them from travelling to any country on Earth apart from within Africa.

OAM4J,Mynd44, lalastilala
Rule 2 broken
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by Xisnin(m): 9:04am On Sep 15, 2020
Alex9999:

What other punishment do you suggest? Arrest? You are the funny guy/girl
Guy/Girl.
Banning someone from traveling to a particular country is not a punishment.

Freezing their assets in those country which is the reason for the violence in the first place
is the right punishment.

Any politician barred from traveling can still become more violent without any consequence.
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by SenecaTheYonger: 9:05am On Sep 15, 2020
Xisnin:

OAM.4J,M.ynd44, lal.astilala
Rule 2 broken

LoL nice one editing an insult in there as if it was me. That trick won’t work.
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by SenecaTheYonger: 9:41am On Sep 15, 2020
Xisnin:

Guy/Girl.

Freezing their assets in those country which is the reason for the violence in the first place
is the right punishment.

Any politician barred from traveling can still become more violent without any consequence.

Most politicians have moved their assets to country where the US can’t reach. They’re smarter than you think.
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by okuta007: 9:48am On Sep 15, 2020
Nchenches:
Visa restriction is like a tap on the back of election fraudsters in Nigeria.

What have they lost in not going to the US?

northerners may not care about going to the US but for people in the south - it is a very big deal

Even Ize Iyamu’s wife will advise the husband not to do nonsense because their kids are here in the US

Oshomole has a house in Texas and his kids are here

Tony Kabaka’s wife and kids are currently seeking asylum in Canada

this s a very big deal and the US knows it

so Osho and Acid-Iyamu, if you want all your family members to get ferried back to meet u in the sh i t h ole, then warn yourself because if una do anyhow una go see anyhow

amelika don talk - grin
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by okuta007: 9:55am On Sep 15, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

Most politicians have moved their assets to country where the US can’t reach. They’re smarter than you think.

little kid - as powerful as Russia is, when the US threatened to stiffle their financial power/ they caved, there is no financial transaction in the world that the US can not fvck up if they so desire

your problem is you don’t know the latitude of American power and influence in the world

even china will not attempt to negotiate for one minute with Trump IF these powers don’t exist

be guided
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by MemoriesAndMe: 9:56am On Sep 15, 2020
RTSC:
They will never be able to enter UK,australia, Newzealand, Canada, Isreal, and possibly the rest of western Europe/NATO.

The US have hit them where it hurts.

God bless America.
Do they really need to go to these countries to comfortably spend their money?
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by okuta007: 9:57am On Sep 15, 2020
Xisnin:

Guy/Girl.

is the right punishment.

freezing assets will follow

they won’t mention that but the people they will ban know that travel restrictions is just the blanket expression to cover other things that will happen behind the scenes
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by okuta007: 9:59am On Sep 15, 2020
MemoriesAndMe:

Do they really need to go to these countries to comfortably spend their money?

when America bans you, you automatically come on the radar of their allies and you do not want to know the number of countries involved

the UK and EU most likely will turn their searchlights on you even UAE will follow - hmmm

1 Like

Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by delishpot: 10:01am On Sep 15, 2020
RTSC:

The US is better in all ramifications.

We should be grateful that they care enough to even help us face those destroying our country.
It costs them nothing to turn a blind eye to these politicians that enjoy spending in the US anyway.
France would have looked away.

Politicians that rig elections and prevent the right people from winning, which is the core center of underdevelopment.

Nigerians are too cowardly to do anything on their own.

If a Nigerian is pushed to the wall, he will dig a hole in the wall.

I get you bro. And I agree that we should be able to face those sabos in our country by ourselves.. If we keep looking to outsiders to do it for us, we sell our rights to them. This case of pot calling kettle black is a slap on negores of the world. They do as much shit as we do but because we are sooo docile our own leaders and the white men come do the shitiest in our lands and pretend in their own countries like they are saints and we are the devils.
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by okuta007: 10:02am On Sep 15, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

move it to North Korea and China abi?
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by okuta007: 10:07am On Sep 15, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

I hope you are not an African. You seem to be opposed to everything that is right and just. You are a very evil personality on Nairaland. I've been watching your comment right from the time of COVID and how you absorb everything from CNN like a robot. You even had an argument wtih me about how the data provided by a few scientist with statistics on how the malaria drug works for COVID was false, becasue some jornalist on CNN said it killed people. And when CNN finally admitted that the malaria drug did indeed work (which much has been very hard for them to admit) you disappeared.

i could not have written a better reply, may God just bless you for me -Amen and bless your parents abundantly for gifting you to the world !!!!

1 Like

Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by Samfloxin(m): 10:08am On Sep 15, 2020
Racoon:
The US electoral system is not free from malpractice but they work assiduously to make it work.However in our own case, brazen abuse & destruction of our democratic & electioneering process have continued shamelessly by so called political leaders.Imagine one year gone & the NASS, INEC or government are still slow dragging on electoral reforms?
Brother, they will never implement that electoral reforms because it won't make rigging very smooth for them. They will keep on pampering it till they finish their tenure. Constitutional amendment nko?
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by Samfloxin(m): 10:09am On Sep 15, 2020
DMerciful:
Trump needs to win 2020 election to ensure sanity in Nigeria 2023 elections grin
That is my sincere prayer

1 Like

Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by MemoriesAndMe: 10:13am On Sep 15, 2020
okuta007:

when America bans you, you automatically come on the radar of their allies and you do not want to know the number of countries involved

the UK and EU most likely will turn their searchlights on you even UAE will follow - hmmm

I know, but do people really need to travel to these places in the first place when they're comfortable in their home countries? I live in the US and I'm a proud US citizen as well as a proud Nigerian, and i know many Americans are least exposed when it comes to international travels. Many are more comfortable in their home country and even think of any country outside the US as a terrorist country - thats what ignorance has led many of them to think like.
So why shouldn't everyone be comfortable in their home countries without one threatening others with visa bans as if the visas mean they will be paying you afterwards - you end up spending when u arrive there anyways. Too many things are just overhyped in my opinion.
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 15, 2020
Xisnin:
Funny people.

When did "visa restriction" becomes a punishment?

Best punishment for a 3rd century countries
Re: US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 15, 2020
MemoriesAndMe:

I know, but do people really need to travel to these places in the first place when they're comfortable in their home countries? I live in the US and I'm a proud US citizen as well as a proud Nigerian, and i know many Americans are least exposed when it comes to international travels. Many are more comfortable in their home country and even think of any country outside the US as a terrorist country - thats what ignorance has led many of them to think like.
So why shouldn't everyone be comfortable in their home countries without one threatening others with visa bans as if the visas mean they will be paying you afterwards - you end up spending when u arrive there anyways. Too many things are just overhyped in my opinion.

Why didn't you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Security Chiefs Put Pressure On Me To Shift Polls – Jega / Police cancel invitation to Saraki; demand written explanation / Tinubu,alaafin,bisi Akande,gowon In Ibadan 4 Abiola Ajimobi Roundtable Meeting(p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.