Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter (2656 Views)

Magu's Lawyer Reacts To Bawa's Appointment. Says 'Justice Has Not Been Served' / Magu’s Lawyer Writes IGP To Release Him On Bail. / Magu's Lawyer To File For Bail: "My Client Has Not Been Suspended" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by GreenAgain: 7:51am On Sep 15, 2020
Zainab Abiola, counsel to Ibrahim Magu, suspended acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFFC), has described her client’s probe as a “hatchet job.”

In an interview with TheCable, Abiola, who was walked out of the panel’s sitting on Monday, said there is no evidence that Magu is guilty of the allegations against him.

President Muhammadu Buhari set up the panel to probe corruption allegations levelled against the anti-graft czar.

At its sitting at the presidential villa on Monday, Wahab Shittu, Magu’s lead counsel, was joined by Abiola and Aliyu Lemu, another of his lawyers.

But Ayo Salami, head of the panel, insisted that only Shittu would be allowed to defend Magu, and asked his other lawyers to leave the venue.

Speaking with TheCable about her experience, the lawyer, who is one of the widows of the late MKO Abiola, said it is wrong for the panel to refuse Magu’s lawyers access to their sitting.

“This is a democratic dispensation, you cannot bring military tactics, a Hitler’s Gestapo rule to this type of occasion,” she said.

“The panel was set up to be public. How then did it become a private sitting with Emperor Salami? He has become an emperor. He told me personally that there is only one chair for a lawyer. So I said, if there is only one chair, send for more chairs now.

“He called the DSS, they were fully armed. So, we left. But the other lady, Fatimah, was bundled and put in a cell, in a prison cell. So, there is a prison in the presidential villa? Nigerians should worry for themselves.”

Abiola, a former presidential aspirant, further told TheCable that while the former EFCC chairman’s rights are being trampled upon at the moment, it could be anyone else’s turn next.

“If you see how Magu was just sitting there, like a sheep without a shepherd. Like a Christmas goat about to be slaughtered by Emperor Salami. Why would they refuse me access to such a fundamental probe? It is a nullity, very shambolic,” she added.

“They don’t have anything against Magu. Not a shred of evidence. The pastor they said took the money. FCMB has apologised in three national papers to Magu and the pastor. They also said Magu did not investigate the P&ID case and he was exonerated.

“What is the allegation? How can lawyers not be allowed to represent him? It is not as if we went alone; we were introduced by Magu himself. Did they imagine that it will be only one lawyer defending a man like that?

“Twenty-two allegations, 22 lies. The fact of the matter is that this is not a panel of inquiry. It is a Kangaroo contraction with Salami as the emperor.”

Magu has often accused the panel of not giving him fair hearing, saying he has not been allowed to defend himself.

After he requested the panel to summon Malami to give evidence of his alleged crimes, the AGF said he would gladly testify against him if asked to do so.

https://www.thecable.ng/i-never-knew-theres-a-cell-at-aso-rock-magus-lawyer-speaks-on-encounter-with-salami
Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by yerokunphilips: 7:51am On Sep 15, 2020
GreenAgain:

Zainab Abiola, counsel to Ibrahim Magu, suspended acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFFC), has described her client’s probe as a “hatchet job.”

In an interview with TheCable, Abiola, who was walked out of the panel’s sitting on Monday, said there is no evidence that Magu is guilty of the allegations against him.

President Muhammadu Buhari set up the panel to probe corruption allegations levelled against the anti-graft czar.

At its sitting at the presidential villa on Monday, Wahab Shittu, Magu’s lead counsel, was joined by Abiola and Aliyu Lemu, another of his lawyers.

But Ayo Salami, head of the panel, insisted that only Shittu would be allowed to defend Magu, and asked his other lawyers to leave the venue.

Speaking with TheCable about her experience, the lawyer, who is one of the widows of the late MKO Abiola, said it is wrong for the panel to refuse Magu’s lawyers access to their sitting.

“This is a democratic dispensation, you cannot bring military tactics, a Hitler’s Gestapo rule to this type of occasion,” she said.

“The panel was set up to be public. How then did it become a private sitting with Emperor Salami? He has become an emperor. He told me personally that there is only one chair for a lawyer. So I said, if there is only one chair, send for more chairs now.

“He called the DSS, they were fully armed. So, we left. But the other lady, Fatimah, was bundled and put in a cell, in a prison cell. So, there is a prison in the presidential villa? Nigerians should worry for themselves.”

Abiola, a former presidential aspirant, further told TheCable that while the former EFCC chairman’s rights are being trampled upon at the moment, it could be anyone else’s turn next.

“If you see how Magu was just sitting there, like a sheep without a shepherd. Like a Christmas goat about to be slaughtered by Emperor Salami. Why would they refuse me access to such a fundamental probe? It is a nullity, very shambolic,” she added.

“They don’t have anything against Magu. Not a shred of evidence. The pastor they said took the money. FCMB has apologised in three national papers to Magu and the pastor. They also said Magu did not investigate the P&ID case and he was exonerated.

“What is the allegation? How can lawyers not be allowed to represent him? It is not as if we went alone; we were introduced by Magu himself. Did they imagine that it will be only one lawyer defending a man like that?

“Twenty-two allegations, 22 lies. The fact of the matter is that this is not a panel of inquiry. It is a Kangaroo contraction with Salami as the emperor.”

Magu has often accused the panel of not giving him fair hearing, saying he has not been allowed to defend himself.

After he requested the panel to summon Malami to give evidence of his alleged crimes, the AGF said he would gladly testify against him if asked to do so.

https://www.thecable.ng/i-never-knew-theres-a-cell-at-aso-rock-magus-lawyer-speaks-on-encounter-with-salami

Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by daddytime(m): 7:57am On Sep 15, 2020
Now you know.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by espn(m): 8:00am On Sep 15, 2020
Magu did worse to people. Once tey get caught by the same monster they made...They will start seeking for public sympathy.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by TheSERAPH: 8:00am On Sep 15, 2020
okay
Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by ThatFairGuy1: 8:01am On Sep 15, 2020
Right from day one, we all know this is Malami gimmicks for 2023 election (more to that). Magu is a mere pawn in the game. He'll eventually be exonerated.

Malami is the real thief.

#ProbeMalami

Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by Jwonder(m): 8:01am On Sep 15, 2020
I feel no pity for magu, go and ask what Magu did to young boys arrested because of cyber crime, so many people where unjustly detained for days without access to a lawyer or their parents, he was doing all these to impress his pay master’s forgetting that “nothing lasts forever”, let him also feel how he made others feel, Salami should even lock him up forever.

Same punishment awaits police officers politicians use to stop Citizens from protesting, very soon they will retire and cry for their pensions and we will be here to mock their stupidity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by Madmohamed419(m): 8:03am On Sep 15, 2020
GreenAgain:

buhari will enter that prison soon that is where a coup plotter belong

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by SocialJustice: 8:06am On Sep 15, 2020
Magu's cup is full.
Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by Macphenson: 8:08am On Sep 15, 2020
When Magu was giving people media trials and releasing mugshots of suspects recklessly to the media, where were these confused lawyers?

I am not in support of what is happening but let him have a taste of what he has done to people.

We will always advocate for rule of law.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 15, 2020
I am not a fan of Magu, I don't like his face, and his style.
I have been following this probe and I discovered they are working towards a premeditated agenda - nail Magu at all cost.

Read the case of one Donald Wokoma who happens to be a Senior Adviser to the President, OVP, Malami, Fatima Hassan and Barrister Victor Giwa. You will be convinced this is a set up

1 Like

Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 15, 2020
So many people have been there
Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by obami007(m): 8:13am On Sep 15, 2020
I’m sure a lot of people have been there.

Some might have even died while in custody and no one heard about it
Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 15, 2020
These stupid feminists and their overbloated ego eh...

From the beginning of the enquiry, only one lawyer has been representing Magu, now he wanted to bring in a herd of lawyers for what? To intimidate Salami or what?

Salami is the chairman of that panel of enquiry and he has powers to set the rules that would guide it. Right now he has said every yam eater connected to drinking Tinubu urine, that would be appearing before the panel, is entitled to only one lawyer. And only one sit was provided for a lawyer. What's difficult to understand there?

Fools would ask FIFA for 3 more onfield referees if they were to participate in a football match.

The cake Magu is eating today, he has been serving it to others. He should tell us how it tastes now he's eating it.

What goes around really comes around!

1 Like

Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by Jostoman: 8:40am On Sep 15, 2020
Jwonder:
I feel no pity for magu, go and ask what Magu did to young boys arrested because of cyber crime, so many people where unjustly detained for days without access to a lawyer or their parents, he was doing all these to impress his pay master’s forgetting that “nothing lasts forever”, let him also feel how he made others feel, Salami should even lock him up forever.

Same punishment awaits police officers politicians use to stop Citizens from protesting, very soon they will retire and cry for their pensions and we will be here to mock their stupidity.
exactly my brother
Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by punisha: 8:45am On Sep 15, 2020
Do I feel sorry for him? No is the answer...

He was only a disposable hatchet man reaping what he sowed.
Malami your case won't end well!
Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by IamWonderful: 8:54am On Sep 15, 2020
Well magu collected the job despite been highly favored, he should know the power play of his manipulative post, he has eaten the sweet part with his family and lawyers, the sour and bitter part should be for him and his lawyers, we don't care.
Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by Racoon(m): 9:03am On Sep 15, 2020
How do you expect that not to be? Meanwhile, Ibrahim Magu simply became a pawn in the same chess game he has played on others.Karma never forgives or forgets. So ain't giving any Bleep for him.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by frankyychiji(f): 9:06am On Sep 15, 2020
Jwonder:

Same punishment awaits police officers politicians use to stop Citizens from protesting, very soon they will retire and cry for their pensions and we will be hvere to mock their stupidity.
. Please take this Yahoo boys nonsense outta here.
Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by backtalkG(m): 9:14am On Sep 15, 2020
Ok
Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by frankyychiji(f): 9:16am On Sep 15, 2020
Awol1:
These stupid feminists and their overbloated ego eh...

From the beginning of the enquiry, only one lawyer has been representing Magu, now he wanted to bring in a herd of lawyers for what? To intimidate Salami or what?

Salami is the chairman of that panel of enquiry and he has powers to set the rules that would guide it. Right now he has said every yam eater connected to drinking Tinubu urine, that would be appearing before the panel, is entitled to only one lawyer. And only one sit was provided for a lawyer. What's difficult to understand there?

Fools would ask FIFA for 3 more onfield referees if they were to participate in a football match.

The cake Magu is eating today, he has been serving it to others. He should tell us how it tastes now he's eating it.

What goes around really comes around!
You nearly convinced me you were intelligent if not for your opening speech. What has feminism got to do with the issue? How did the woman's comment depict feminism?

Like you are one of the insecure lots who won't move and won't give way for others to move up.
I long to see the video of your birth sliding out of your daddy's puna.ni with unbilical cord, blood, water, serum wailing twa twa twa twa.

I also love to see pictures of your uncles breastfeeding you. Then would I stand your morbid disgust at woman who has made their marks in their chosen careers!
Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 15, 2020
frankyychiji:
You nearly convinced me you were intelligent if not for your opening speech. What has feminism got to do with the issue? How did the woman's comment depict feminism?

Like you are one of the insecure lots who won't move and won't give way for others to move up.
I long to see the video of your birth sliding out of your daddy's puna.ni with unbilical cord, blood, water, serum wailing twa twa twa twa.

I also love to see pictures of your uncles breastfeeding you. Then would I stand your morbid disgust at woman who has made their marks in their chosen careers!

One of them spotted!

But to put you straight, "Men of quality are not intimidated by women's equality".

Do I come off to you as someone who's job would be taken by a woman when quality test is conducted?

I'm feminist too. But I detest stupid and extreme feminism. The kind I'm sure you propagate.
Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by sinkhole: 9:23am On Sep 15, 2020
“If you see how Magu was just sitting there, like a sheep without a shepherd. Like a Christmas goat about to be slaughtered by Emperor Salami. . .

This is how Mr Femi and Mallam Garba will be sitting in the very near future wink cheesy

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by SarkinYarki: 9:24am On Sep 15, 2020
sinkhole:

This is how Mr Femi and Mallam Garba will be sitting in the very near future wink cheesy

Amen

1 Like

Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by Vyzz: 9:33am On Sep 15, 2020
shocked
Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by Prechy08(m): 11:07am On Sep 15, 2020
all I have to say is, "those who kill by sword, dies by sword".
maybe the next person will have something important to say
Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by PureGoldh(m): 11:09am On Sep 15, 2020
The only person that I can vouch for is just me, myself and I.

Pikin wey no get helper,suppose get sense

1 Like

Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by crossfm: 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2020
What goes around comes around. This is a good example to our leaders.They should remember that power is transient.

Our leaders should do the right thing while in office so that they don't fall into a web of conspiracy in future.
Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by MENZPRIDE(m): 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2020
It is a cycle to that we have to live with...
Who still remembers Col. Hamza Al-Mustapha, Sgt. Barnabas Msheila aka 'Sgt. Rogers' et al??
My only problem is that, most people will never learn. Any little power they are bestowed with, they start acting like demi gods. Forgetting that someday, somewhere, some how the table might turn...
'The Centre might no longer hold, things may fall apart and the hunter might become the hunted'
Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2020
grin... BUT Abiola the FOMER PRESIDENTIAL ASPIRANT

Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by omowolewa: 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2020
How long will it take to create a cell
Re: ‘I Never Knew There’s A Cell At Aso Rock’ — Magu’s Lawyer Speaks On Encounter by mytime24(f): 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2020
Yam eaters

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Told Us He’s Originally From Niger Republic, Retired Colonel Says / Wives Of The Chief Of Army Staff And Other Soldiers In Plane Crash Arrive Burial / Checkout Massive Pressure Vessels Manufactured By Nigeria Company(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.