Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,406 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

How To Begin A Download Site Without Web Hosting Or On A Budget - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Begin A Download Site Without Web Hosting Or On A Budget (254 Views)

How Can I Setup A Download Page On Blogger / Litespeed Web Hosting Or Apache Which Do You Prefer / Learn How To Create A Download Site For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Begin A Download Site Without Web Hosting Or On A Budget by izzyboi(m): 10:59am On Sep 15, 2020
Hello webmasters and aspiring website owners

So today's topic is about how you can start a download site without webhost or when you are on a budget

If you are on the blogger platform or your web host space is like 2GB, this will be useful for you

1. Upload the file you want your users to download to google drive

2. Change the accessibility of the file to anyone with the link or public

3. copy the file link

4. Visit Google Drive Direct Download Link Generator
The website allows you generate a direct download link for your file.

5. Paste your copied file link in the website. A direct link will be generated for you.
A direct link will make your download start instantly. If you don't generate a direct download link, your users will be taken to google drive preview first and that's unprofessional

6. Enjoy. You may want to bookmark the site so it's always accessible

7. Tell others!

If you want to offer a folder for download, compress it to a zip file before uploading to google drive

I hope this was helpful
Re: How To Begin A Download Site Without Web Hosting Or On A Budget by Sirmwill: 11:09am On Sep 15, 2020
cheesy
So OP is just knowing cheesy
Re: How To Begin A Download Site Without Web Hosting Or On A Budget by izzyboi(m): 11:13am On Sep 15, 2020
Sirmwill:
cheesy
So OP is just knowing cheesy
No, I'm not just knowing.
I just decided to share with others who might not know
Re: How To Begin A Download Site Without Web Hosting Or On A Budget by Sirmwill: 11:15am On Sep 15, 2020
izzyboi:

No, I'm not just knowing.
I just decided to share with others who might not know

Oh
That's sweet then wink

1 Like

Re: How To Begin A Download Site Without Web Hosting Or On A Budget by Brown2262(m): 6:26pm On Sep 15, 2020
i've tried that in the past but its always better to go with a reliable WordPress Hosting plan like that of naijawebhost, you'll get more speed, no downtime plus your data will forever be safe with their daily and weekly free backup.

i understand that it is totally posible to even host your website right from your desktop computer as well but at the end of it all unless you want to turn your office into a data center or have bunch of money to throw on electrical bills its better to setle for a web hosting company and focus more on growing your audience

naijawebhost offer free website migration and their hosting plans are not only affordable but they are reliable too

check it out Managed WordPress Hosting

https://naijawebhost.com/wordpress-hosting

Re: How To Begin A Download Site Without Web Hosting Or On A Budget by izzyboi(m): 6:00am On Sep 16, 2020
Brown2262:
i've tried that in the past but its always better to go with a reliable WordPress Hosting plan like that of naijawebhost, you'll get more speed, no downtime plus your data will forever be safe with their daily and weekly free backup.

i understand that it is totally posible to even host your website right from your desktop computer as well but at the end of it all unless you want to turn your office into a data center or have bunch of money to throw on electrical bills its better to setle for a web hosting company and focus more on growing your audience

naijawebhost offer free website migration and their hosting plans are not only affordable but they are reliable too

check it out Managed WordPress Hosting

https://naijawebhost.com/wordpress-hosting
I agree with you. Get webhost if you can.
But this is a good solution if you don't have money to spend on WebHosting

(1) (Reply)

Join This Whatsapp Group Now.. Fun(hookups,hangouts) / 2k Twitter Followers For Sale / CPA Offers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.