Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen (5217 Views)

ASUU Strike: Buhari Govt Reveals When Universities Will Resume / ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries / ASUU Presents Condition To FG, Reveals When Universities Will Be Reopened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by AquilaVibes01(m): 11:25am On Sep 15, 2020
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has said universities in the country will not reopen until the Federal Government plays its part of the agreement it had with the union.

ASUU National President, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, stated this while speaking at a town hall meeting at the African Hall, the University of Ilorin.

continue reading via this link;

http://www.aquilavibes.com.ng/2020/09/ASUU-reveals-when-universities-will.html

Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by Dentmoyin(m): 11:52am On Sep 15, 2020
na wetin hard the op to post be this grin

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has said universities in the country will not reopen until the Federal Government plays its part of the agreement it had with the union.

ASUU National President, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, stated this while speaking at a town hall meeting at the African Hall, the University of Ilorin.

Ogunyemi insisted that unless the federal government keep to their end of the bargain, universities will remain on lock and key.

He made it clear that ASUU would unfold its next agenda, if the government refuses to negotiate the 2009 agreement signed by both parties.

“I think it is better we wait. When we get to that bridge, we will cross it.

“I can’t open our strategy here; whatever you do is about strategy; let the government refuse to negotiate, we will unfold our strategy then,” Ogunyemi said.

According to him, ASUU went on strike since March, because of the government’s insensitivity to university education in the country.

Ogunyemi said some of the union’s demands included funding of university education, which the government had reneged on in the last 10 years.

“There is a deliberate attempt to kill university education in the country. Some universities use stoves in their laboratories instead of burners and buckets to fetch water to perform experiments; it’s as bad as that,” he said...

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by dasnan(m): 12:59pm On Sep 15, 2020
See talk Abeg...
Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by HELLASJ(m): 1:28pm On Sep 15, 2020
The only problem I have with these people now is that, They're just bunch of useless professors who only believe that the only solution to getting government's attention is through strike...

Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by sanmtiago(m): 1:45pm On Sep 15, 2020
Mtcheew angry
Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by SimplyOlami: 1:52pm On Sep 15, 2020
I do not blame the Union because from what i have read above, their plight is correct, the education system in Nigeria is getting poorer year by year and the government dont even mind it, even with the strike their attention is not on it,
Imagine since march the schools has been closed yet the government hasn't said anything about it.

I believe the government have seen the strike thing as a bluff,what we,the Students, need is to protest. Strike hasn't been doing anything and won't

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by WoeBetide666: 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2020
Comrades
Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by newk007(m): 2:43pm On Sep 15, 2020
Asun and NePa who strike pass

Meanwhile check dis out

Let your data work for you, not a get rich quick scheme but with consistency you can make over 400,000 naira within 3-5 months, with zero capital.

For more info check my signature

A trial will convince U

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by ProphetofOdin: 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2020
Like ASUU like FG, birds of same feather.

By the way:
If you want to make an extra cash for yourself doing a legitimate side hustle please check my signature and follow the link. No down payment all you need is your phone and you can earn as much as 400k.

This is not a fast money making scheme it takes a bit of consistency and patience by working smart with your smart phone.
Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by EmdRizy(m): 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2020
newk007:

Meanwhile check dis out

Let your data work for you, not a get rich quick scheme but with consistency you can make over 400,000 naira within 3-5 months, with zero capital.

A trial will convince U
Am interested
Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by Oksoluk10: 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2020
Once the head is settle then the game is over
...they will wait for another 2years to raise same issue
Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by Samfloxin(m): 4:46pm On Sep 15, 2020
speechless....
Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by abeliver: 4:57pm On Sep 15, 2020
Thank God......

ASUU said on Monday ��
Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2020
Na real wa,2020 has been a very dramatic year
Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by Anaerobi(m): 7:54pm On Sep 15, 2020
Imagine set of people that during their days, it was base on scholarship... now look at how they are treating students.... God is watching... God in Heaven is not asleep.
Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by newk007(m): 10:11pm On Sep 15, 2020
EmdRizy:

Am interested

Follow my signature, don't be discouraged is better to move daily slowly and steady Dan not to move atall

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by walex4live1(m): 10:49pm On Sep 15, 2020
Dentmoyin:
na wetin hard the op to post be this grin

Ogunyemi insisted that unless the federal government keep to their end of the bargain, universities will remain on lock and key.

He made it clear that ASUU would unfold its next agenda, if the government refuses to negotiate the 2009 agreement signed by both parties.

“I think it is better we wait. When we get to that bridge, we will cross it.

“I can’t open our strategy here; whatever you do is about strategy; let the government refuse to negotiate, we will unfold our strategy then,” Ogunyemi said.

According to him, ASUU went on strike since March, because of the government’s insensitivity to university education in the country.

Ogunyemi said some of the union’s demands included funding of university education, which the government had reneged on in the last 10 years.

“There is a deliberate attempt to kill university education in the country. Some universities use stoves in their laboratories instead of burners and buckets to fetch water to perform experiments; it’s as bad as that,” he said...

No mind him jare �
Naso he dey do for Whatsapp also... he go give us half story, make we click link for more.... He sha wan gain traffic to his blog �... Awon Blogger Blogger

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by webmaster99(m): 8:37am On Sep 16, 2020
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by captainenny(m): 10:22am On Sep 16, 2020
Nigeria I Hail O
Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by lilbarracuda(m): 11:17am On Sep 16, 2020
abeliver:
Thank God......

ASUU said on Monday ��

Better wake up grin
Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by KennethWilcox: 2:14pm On Sep 16, 2020
It is worth thinking about this question. Our children must be fully educated. After all, a good education is one of the main conditions for a safe life in the future. Need more information about this situation.
Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by olawalepopoola: 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2020
ASUU has lost her respect. Can Medical Doctors go on strike within one and the government won't intervene.
ASUU is their own problem. Most of them have wined and dined with politicians, so how do you expect them to be respected.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by abeliver: 7:55am On Sep 18, 2020
lilbarracuda:

Better wake up grin
lol... I no really pick the exact Monday, probably 2021
Re: ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen by EmdRizy(m): 12:28am On Sep 19, 2020
newk007:

Meanwhile check dis out

A trial will convince U
I have joined,how does it work? How do i get to earn? And how am i sure that it is not a ploy to steal my atm card details?

(1) (Reply)

SEE The Top 23 Cheapest Federal Universities In Nigeria & Their School Fees / Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / 2018/2019 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.