Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? (1164 Views)

I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter / I Have Just N443 In My Bank Account - Kingtblakhoc Cries Out After Bail / Khafi Kareem: I Was Raped. Why I Didn't Report My Rapist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? by Judah95(m): 11:52am On Sep 15, 2020
A Nigerian bank(Access Bank) has refused to resolve my complaint for failed transaction even after debiting my bank account. I communicated the bank via their Twitter handle and they promised to refund my money within 72 hours.

Today makes it 1 week(168 hours) they haven't refunded my money even after several calls. This act by Access Bank has cost me a lot in my business.

I want to know if it's ideal to charge the bank to court or I report to CBN. Either way , I think Access Bank should pay heavily for this.

I need your advice.
Re: Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 15, 2020
Judah95:
A Nigerian bank(Access Bank) has refused to resolve my complaint for failed transaction even after debiting my bank account. I communicated the bank via their Twitter handle and they promised to refund my money within 72 hours.

Today makes it 1 week(168 hours) they haven't refunded my money even after several calls. This act by Access Bank has cost me a lot in my business.

I want to know if it's ideal to charge the bank to court or I report to CBN. Either way , I think Access Bank should pay heavily for this.

I need your advice.
But how much do you have in your account?lets know that before you involve the CBN
Re: Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? by overdrive(m): 11:55am On Sep 15, 2020
Do you have idea of cbn complaints email address? I wish to report first bank.

1 Like

Re: Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? by Simplyleo: 11:58am On Sep 15, 2020
Report them.

But before that, get your facts right.

1 Like

Re: Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? by thesicilian: 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2020
I doubt if the bank is deliberately trying to defraud you. My guess is you're dealing with a bunch of incompetent low level staff at the bank. Why not try and see if you can speak to the branch manager? If they don't allow you then get a lawyer involved.

3 Likes

Re: Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? by mariahAngel(f): 12:08pm On Sep 15, 2020
Send them a mail and cc CBN. It's very effective.

You can also remake your complaints on Twitter and tag their official handle.
Re: Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? by eagleeye259: 8:20pm On Sep 15, 2020
Judah95:

I need your advice.

I think Access is the worst among the banks I have had an account with. I never wanted to bank with them but had no option when they acquired/merged with Diamond Bank.

I know it is draining but you have to keep emailing or calling them. You can switch to another bank. Early this year, they deducted money from my account for Debit card whereas I don't need one. I emailed them and the said they will make a refund. I kept emailing them and it took a couple months for them to refund the money. At the moment, I have another issue with my account and they have been unable to resolve it in the past three weeks. It appears they don't have an effective system to resolve issues. Agents have asked me to submit a document I submitted previously.
Re: Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? by MalaikaEH(f): 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2020
OP, I suggest you continue talking with Access bank customer care. They will still resolve the issue. At times, resolving bank issues take time, especially if it is inter bank matter.

I also noticed that Access bank had network issues last week. I needed to pay about 15 different people through Firstbank mobile transfer. All other banks' transfers were successful apart from three that were Access bank. I had to call the recipients to ask for other bank bank accounts before doing the transfers.
Access bank needs to repair their electronic system urgently.

1 Like

Re: Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? by Judah95(m): 6:17am On Sep 16, 2020
eagleeye259:

I think Access is the worst among the banks I have had an account with. I never wanted to bank with them but had no option when they acquired/merged with Diamond Bank.

I know it is draining but you have to keep emailing or calling them. You can switch to another bank. Early this year, they deducted money from my account for Debit card whereas I don't need one. I emailed them and the said they will make a refund. I kept emailing them and it took a couple months for them to refund the money. At the moment, I have another issue with my account and they have been unable to resolve it in the past three weeks. It appears they don't have an effective system to resolve issues. Agents have asked me to submit a document I submitted previously.

Access bank really sucks bro. I will initiate quick transfer of my cash balance to a more effective and customer-friendly bank. Maybe you could advise a better bank sef
Re: Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? by Judah95(m): 6:20am On Sep 16, 2020
MalaikaEH:
OP, I suggest you continue talking with Access bank customer care. They will still resolve the issue. At times, resolving bank issues take time, especially if it is inter bank matter.

I also noticed that Access bank had network issues last week. I needed to pay about 15 different people through Firstbank mobile transfer. All other banks' transfers were successful apart from three that were Access bank. I had to call the recipients to ask for other bank bank accounts before doing the transfers.
Access bank needs to repair their electronic system urgently.

Exactly. Their electronic system is in bad shape.

1 Like

Re: Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? by eagleeye259: 7:46am On Sep 16, 2020
Judah95:

Access bank really sucks bro. I will initiate quick transfer of my cash balance to a more effective and customer-friendly bank. Maybe you could advise a better bank sef

I don't know which Nigerian banks are better. Perhaps, others can advise. I have operated First Bank, UBA, GTB, Diamond (now Access). I have had the worst experience with Access. My concern is even if I switch to another bank, they may be acquired by Access and services will become poor.
Re: Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:38am On Sep 17, 2020
eagleeye259:

I don't know which Nigerian banks are better. Perhaps, others can advise. I have operated First Bank, UBA, GTB, Diamond (now Access). I have had the worst experience with Access. My concern is even if I switch to another bank, they may be acquired by Access and services will become poor.

Try Union Bank.
Re: Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? by eagleeye259: 5:11am On Sep 17, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

Try Union Bank.

Thanks. Do you know if they have a diaspora account?
Re: Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:17am On Sep 17, 2020
eagleeye259:

Thanks. Do you know if they have a diaspora account?

I sincerely don't know but you can make your enquiry online or visit any of their branches nearest to you.

Do have a nice day.
Re: Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? by eagleeye259: 3:14pm On Sep 17, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

I sincerely don't know but you can make your enquiry online or visit any of their branches nearest to you.

Do have a nice day.

Thanks. I will have a look at their website and maybe email them. I can't visit any branch because I don't live in Nigeria.

Thank you so much! Have a wonderful day too.
Re: Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:23pm On Sep 17, 2020
eagleeye259:

Thanks. I will have a look at their website and maybe email them. I can't visit any branch because I don't live in Nigeria.

Thank you so much! Have a wonderful day too.

You're most welcome.
Re: Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? by BlackfireX: 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
Maybe it is just #20,000 this one is complaining about o... Poor people everywhere.
Re: Do I Report My Bank To CBN Or Sue Them? by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 20, 2020
BlackfireX:
Maybe it is just #20,000 this one is complaining about o... Poor people everywhere.

You are d.umb

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Alleged Crossdresser Arrested In Kogi (video) / Loan App Or Yahoo Boys / Ekiti Man Allegedly Rapes Six-year-old Daughter, Victim Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.