Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,228 members, 7,780,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:11 PM

Lecturing In Federal Universities - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lecturing In Federal Universities (13110 Views)

Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job / Your Advice: Lecturing Or Banking Job. / New Federal Universities Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lecturing In Federal Universities by chire(m): 2:43pm On Feb 25, 2011
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone please give me an idea of the salary package and benefits of phd holders lecturing in any of the federal universities in Nigeria?

I am thinking of probably comming home and taking a job as a lecturer.I know the wages were poor before and that it has now been enhanced, but i do not know the current wage.

Many Thanks.
Re: Lecturing In Federal Universities by ozolity(m): 10:18pm On Feb 25, 2011
if U really want to come back and lecture, pls. do, do not consider the money, think of the lifes will change through that. though the package has been enhanced now. as an average professor receives about N5,000,000.
Re: Lecturing In Federal Universities by chino4(m): 3:45pm On Feb 26, 2011
He is not asking for the amount for a professor tell him the amount a normal lecturer would earn.
I think asst lecturer is the least grade and i know they earn btw 800k-1.5m
Re: Lecturing In Federal Universities by febirac(m): 10:16pm On Feb 26, 2011
800k /month or ?
Re: Lecturing In Federal Universities by chino4(m): 11:19pm On Feb 26, 2011
a year dude
Re: Lecturing In Federal Universities by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 27, 2011
@chire, the pay depends on the position you are offered e.g. LII, LI or SL which still depends on ur no of publications, experience and other factors. I think the pay is pretty okay now, some of us in the job are not after the pay. Your can mail me. I can share many info here. Cheers.
Re: Lecturing In Federal Universities by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 27, 2011
@chire, the pay depends on the position you are offered e.g. LII, LI or SL which still depends on ur no of publications, experience and other factors. I think the pay is pretty okay now, some of us in the job are not after the pay. Your can mail me. I can't share many info here. Cheers.
Re: Lecturing In Federal Universities by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 27, 2011
@chino4, the least position is Graduate Assistant-CONUASS 01 not Assistant Lecturer, anyway you try.
Re: Lecturing In Federal Universities by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 27, 2011
@chino4, the least position is Graduate Assistant-CONUASS 01 not Assistant Lecturer, anyway you try.
Re: Lecturing In Federal Universities by chire(m): 11:41am On Feb 28, 2011
Thanks everyone for your comments. I really appreciate it.

ozolity:

if U really want to come back and lecture, pls. do, do not consider the money, think of the lifes will change through that. though the package has been enhanced now. as an average professor receives about N5,000,000.

I'm not really after money, but at least an package that will enable me live a comfortable life is fine with me.

chino4:

He is not asking for the amount for a professor tell him the amount a normal lecturer would earn.
I think asst lecturer is the least grade and i know they earn btw 800k-1.5m

I'm looking more into the amount a lecturer with a phd degree would earn.

Okunima:

@chire, the pay depends on the position you are offered e.g. LII, LI or SL which still depends on your no of publications, experience and other factors. I think the pay is pretty okay now, some of us in the job are not after the pay. Your can mail me on daneland306@yahoo.com. I can share many info here. Cheers.

Thank you. I will send you an email later today.

(1) (Reply)

N30,000 Vs N50,000 Job. Nigeria Graduates Are________ / My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market / FUTO Academic Staff Recruitment 2019 (24 Position)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.