Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban (30838 Views)

Atiku Hails US Senator, Media Over Stance On Nigeria’s Presidential Election / US Embassy Hails Nigerian Dr Ogbuagbu Who Helped Develop COVID-19 Vaccine / IPOB Hails US Republicans Over Kanu’s Invitation To Trump’s Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by osazsky(m): 5:06pm On Sep 15, 2020
Nadaken:
I am a proud christian.

America is a sick state due to racism and guns.

Racism/tribalism exists everywhere but when you enable a multi-racial society the liberty of guns like pure water then you have a deliberate institutionalized crime state.

I can't live in a society where i battle with been black cum the possibility of been shot for fun even without offense.

How a "sane" society that supposedly have the best security still equip it's citizens with weapons is a mystery to me especially looking at the high drug and cocaine induced crackheads

in this your country what is black doing to blacks..can u allow a white man rule over you as a president for 8 years.if he is not yoruba will you vote for him.i hate people who cant tolerate others but want people to tolerate them..blacks are normally associated with crime especially Nigerians so they have this ideology that all blacks are criminal and not honest u should be more concerned on how to clean ur name rather than blaming ur landlord

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by ThatFairGuy1: 5:08pm On Sep 15, 2020
Stomactivist Deji Adeyanju. PDP sympathizer

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by MT: 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2020
Commendable action by president Trump that is bent on rigging the forthcoming US election.

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by Blackking98(m): 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2020
loopman:
Some Nigerians are so stupid! You are gloating over what a white supremacy country is doing to your country ?
Shuut up and stop shifting the topic, has El rufai or oshiomole taken you to Accra before talkless of USA, idiet.
Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by Nadaken: 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2020
osazsky:
in this your country what is black doing to blacks..can u allow a white man rule over you as a president for 8 years.if he is not yoruba will you vote for him.i hate people who cant tolerate others but want people to tolerate them..blacks are normally associated with crime especially Nigerians so they have this ideology that all blacks are criminal and not honest u should be more concerned on how to clean ur name rather than blaming ur landlord
my believe is if you don't find a place to be your spec don't go.

Nigeria is terrible yes, but when given the opportunity to move to "saner" climes as a developed country America would never be an option

Not everyone is swayed by the cosmetics of it's fractured society

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by Shattuck(m): 5:15pm On Sep 15, 2020
loopman:

Thank you jaree.

You see some of these our country people are so stupid and always very eager to belittle or even sell out their country because of politics.

We can all see how America is presently messed up and divided by their political elites but you will never see any American begging for a foreign country to come and interfere.

Who made America ( the most hypocritical country in the world) the world moral / political police?

Useless people with inferiority complex are plenty Nigeria
I get your perspective but do you know that Nigeria leaders are a bigger threat to Nigeria than America, do you also know that Nigeria leaders have belittled Nigeria more than any foreign entity, see the enemy of your enemy is your friend, BTW the visa ban was not placed on the average Nigerian but on the oppressors what do you care?
Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by DonnyT: 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2020
GEEBITE:
Thanks for you long story.However have you ever seen somebody carrying cutlass and guns and chase away people from voting in US? Have you seen somebody get burn to death in her house because she supported a party? That vote suppression does not cut it,people can vote via various means not necessarily at the polling booth. You guys overrate the percentage of black people in US population,it is a mere 13% and can not effect any change.The Latinos have overtaken them and the Asians are coming close on their heels.

Thanks for that comment. I know about all those statistics, but here's what I am trying to say. There's no amount of US visa ban will fix Nigeria political system, and inviting US to interfere in Nigeria political system will not amount to any reforms or change. Nigerians have to be willing to fight for the country they love. I also know that a lot of people point finger to politicians all the time, but all Nigerians have to look inward and ask themselves, what role am I playing in the crisis befalling this nation. Many Nigerians except the kids are to blame for the situation of the country today. Politicians are not foreigners, they are Nigerian first before becoming a politician. The society shaped and mode them into what they have become. Nigerians allowed bad leadership to rule them and until Nigerians decided that enough is enough nothing will change. Large population of Nigerians will not vote without getting something.

Again, I am not neglecting the fact that the situation is bad, but US visa ban is not the solution, until Nigerians start chasing away bad leader and preventing them from rigging and not helping them to rig. No change will happen. The problem is foundational not from the top. If you remove all politician today and vote new set of politician that has never been in politics, you probably can agree with me that the corruption won't stop. It'll probably be worst, Again there are many decent and honest Nigerians that can move this country ahead, the problem is that they would not be giving a chance, corruption has dig deep into the heart and soul of this country and it's been normalized.

Another view of mine is that Nigeria need to reevaluate the democratic system of government to determine if it's well suited for this nation. China does not practice democracy, though they are subject to western criticism. So maybe democracy is not well suited for this country, please I am not advocating for military rule, but I am just saying we need to look inward and find a well suited of system of government that aligns with our tradition, goal and purpose. For example, democracy is in constant conflict with Nigeria tradition, those two are mutually exclusive.

4 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by PS712: 5:28pm On Sep 15, 2020
Nadaken:
While i welcome punishment for electoral riggers, it is pathetic to see Africans begging and falling over themselves to "report" themselves to America etc (it didn't start in 2020).

If this isn't mental slavery i don't know what else, Putin has ruled Russia and eliminated his crictics till date, he has even interfered in the same USA and other elections but hasn't been placed on any ban yet
Is Putin careless about the welfare and security of any Russian? Does Putin give excuses for certain groups of people crisscrossing the lengths and breaths of his country killing people? Despite Putin's support to states in the middle east has he allowed insecurity fester in his domain ? Nigerians are helpless hence these calls. Afterall the present regime was chief in reporting then Nigerian government before its ascension to power, please don't forget that, it's too early.

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by osazsky(m): 5:28pm On Sep 15, 2020
Nadaken:
my believe is if you don't find a place to be your spec don't go.

Nigeria is terrible yes, but when given the opportunity to move to "saner" climes as a developed country America would never be an option

Not everyone is swayed by the cosmetics of it's fractured society
face the topic will u vote for an ipob black who is not Muslim see this one e b like daddy freeze u cant manage a home of 4 but u day advise person way the manage congregation of 10m
Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by DonnyT: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2020
candidtalk:

Indeed. Some of the fools are even ready to beg all the racist killer cops in America to come and lead Nigeria.

Afterall, to them, everyone with white skin is superior, always right and possessing racial and slave master authority to sanction blacks and dictate to them.

Some Nigerians belong in the slave trade era working on plantation and acting like monkeys to please the evil whiteys who enslaved and demeaned them in the first place.

Hypocritical USA, always happy to turn a blind eye to the repressive antics of Saudi Arabia etal, are those some Nigerians are worshipping as the unappointed policemen of Nigeria?

This is so true, nothing was done to the gruesome killing of Jamal Khashoggi, not a single sanction or visa ban. Instead they flaunted pending billions of dollar military equipment purchase deal by Saudi from America.
Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by Nadaken: 5:34pm On Sep 15, 2020
osazsky:
face the topic will u vote for an ipob black who is not Muslim see this one e b like daddy freeze u cant manage a home of 4 but u day advise person way the manage congregation of 10m
I don't understand the word ipob black.

If you mean Igbo i have no problem but i can't vote a jihadist fanatic
Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by Nadaken: 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2020
PS712:

Is Putin careless about the welfare and security of any Russian? Does Putin give excuses for certain groups of people crisscrossing the lengths and breaths of his country killing people? Despite Putin's support to states in the middle east has he allowed insecurity fester in his domain ? Nigerians are helpless hence these calls. Afterall the present regime was chief in reporting then Nigerian government before its ascension to power, please don't forget that, it's too early.
of course, if you read my initial post i said reporting didn't start today
Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 15, 2020
bluefilm:
I look forward to the day when US citizens will be writing to the Nigerian Government to ban certain American citizens from coming to Nigeria by refusing to issue them Nigerian Visa, as a form of punishment for a crime they committed in the US.

The funniest sh*t I'll ever read in my life grin
Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by Nadaken: 5:43pm On Sep 15, 2020
DonnyT:

Thanks for that comment. I know about all those statistics, but here's what I am trying to say. There's no amount of US visa ban will fix Nigeria political system, and inviting US to interfere in Nigeria political system will not amount to any reforms or change. Nigerians have to be willing to fight for the country they love. I also know that a lot of people point finger to politicians all the time, but all Nigerians have to look inward and ask themselves, what role am I playing in the crisis befalling this nation. Many Nigerians except the kids are to blame for the situation of the country today. Politicians are not foreigners, they are Nigerian first before becoming a politician. The society shaped and mode them into what they have become. Nigerians allowed bad leadership to rule them and until Nigerians decided that enough is enough nothing will change. Large population of Nigerians will not vote without getting something.

Again, I am not neglecting the fact that the situation is bad, but US visa ban is not the solution, until Nigerians start chasing away bad leader and preventing them from rigging and not helping them to rig. No change will happen. The problem is foundational not from the top. If you remove all politician today and vote new set of politician that has never been in politics, you probably can agree with me that the corruption won't stop. It'll probably be worst, Again there are many decent and honest Nigerians that can move this country ahead, the problem is that they would not be giving a chance, corruption has dig deep into the heart and soul of this country and it's been normalized.

Another view of mine is that Nigeria need to reevaluate the democratic system of government to determine if it's well suited for this nation. China does not practice democracy, though they are subject to western criticism. So maybe democracy is not well suited for this country, please I am not advocating for military rule, but I am just saying we need to look inward and find a well suited of system of government that aligns with our tradition, goal and purpose. For example, democracy is in constant conflict with Nigeria tradition, those two are mutually exclusive.
your last line got to me, if we can't get a regional system of government that enables competition then i don't think outright democracy is our thing.

This is a nation that only understands strength, we could find a pattern indegenous to our ways.

Because it seems like an African issue too
Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by Badonasty(m): 5:45pm On Sep 15, 2020
For me ooo...the travel ban doesn’t really change anything but if USA seize their assets and freeze their bank accounts that’s when I’ll believe they mean business

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 15, 2020
loopman:
Some Nigerians are so stupid! You are gloating over what a white supremacy country is doing to your country ?

Is either you face the truth or you're just blinded by your unrealistic beliefs.

These kind of things you called "white supremacy " its inevitable as long as you're a third century country. It's more like normal whether you like it or not. All this shalaye you're here mentin is called "deceiving yourself " .

What on earth can you compare yourself with these people you're expecting respect from? Dead this mentality bro and focus on your career.

Can Somalia government ban us? Of course not. Okay why cant they? Can Bangladesh government ban us ? These are the questions you need to ask yourself and move on .
Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by passiveincome01: 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2020
oh
Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by wildikeman(m): 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2020
PapaBaby:
This is commendable from Deji. Not just talk the talk this dude walks the walk.
Kudos

Not only Nigerian, but African leaders as well
Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by Lashist(m): 5:58pm On Sep 15, 2020
loopman:
Bros i think you are the stupid person here...some Americans could be racists but are you saying because of that we should reprimand them for speaking against and discouraging elections riggers. Like we should be angry at US for not supporting bad politicians bcus of racists

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by Jahwinaboy(m): 6:15pm On Sep 15, 2020
dasparrow:

The average Nigerian has no sense. That is why they have allowed the lebanese, chinese and Indians to overun their country and treat them like second class citizens in their own homeland.
That's sad but what have you done about it in your own capacity?
Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by proprince(m): 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2020
Nice one from world best President Donald Trump.

We Nigerians love this great news.
Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by Doyin2(m): 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2020
SmartProf:
Is it not a shame that it is America & other western nations whose sanctions we need just to get our leaders to organise themselves properly. Even in a 21st century, we can't still put ourselves together to do things right. Whoever cursed Nigerian leaders to be this terrible in organizing her society delivered an original curse.

Stupidity is when you submit your sovereignty to another country.

The supreme court of Nigeria had decided the Kogi election,so what on authority is USA declaring rigging?

Is rigging attributable to only one party?

Nigerians are so daft!

What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by Doyin2(m): 6:24pm On Sep 15, 2020
loopman:

Very sad,my brother.

A mockery of our supreme court and country.

Very,very sad

2 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by Memberclub(m): 6:29pm On Sep 15, 2020
Cyberterror:
Did the US ban stop them from collecting their salaries? Even the US is now living in past glory, people prefer going to Dubai, Germany, UK, Australia, Canada for business, education and health. All these outdated PDP goons sef..
stfu terrorist
Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by Doyin2(m): 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2020
Lashist:

Bros i think you are the stupid person here...some Americans could be racists but are you saying because of that we should reprimand them for speaking against and discouraging elections riggers. Like we should be angry at US for not supporting bad politicians bcus of racists

You are the real stupid person.

Which court of our land declared them election riggers?

It is very shameful that a country like USA that pretends to adhere to democracy and the rule of law can act in such a shameless way,a direct affront on our judicial system.

What a shame!!

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2020
SmartProf:
Is it not a shame that it is America & other western nations whose sanctions we need just to get our leaders to organise themselves properly. Even in a 21st century, we can't still put ourselves together to do things right. Whoever cursed Nigerian leaders to be this terrible in organizing her society delivered an original curse.

It is a character problem.

You are talking to the man in the mirror.

90% of Nigerians have mental issues.
Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by Zetty177x: 6:47pm On Sep 15, 2020
loopman:

So u support how Oshiomole killed (through his orders)those people during Kogi Elections . Oshiomole disgrace go de more. U cannot play God
Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by Zetty177x: 6:54pm On Sep 15, 2020
loopman:

Thank you jaree.

You see some of these our country people are so stupid and always very eager to belittle or even sell out their country because of politics.

We can all see how America is presently messed up and divided by their political elites but you will never see any American begging for a foreign country to come and interfere.

Who made America ( the most hypocritical country in the world) the world moral / political police?

Useless people with inferiority complex are plenty in Nigeria

What option do we have Oga?...at least u saw many of the politicians, die during the lockdown..since they couldn't go abroad for medical tourism. Soon other countries will follow suit. America knows that we are under developed..and the politicians need them for medical tourism and other tourist attraction...hence the sanctions...this ban is also a big disgrace for them. It also means that the world is watching. If u dont classify what happened during d last elections as serious impunity then you are part of d problem
Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by Lashist(m): 6:55pm On Sep 15, 2020
Doyin2:

You are the real stupid person.

Which court of our land declared them election riggers?

It is very shameful that a country like USA that pretends to adhere to democracy and the rule of law can act in such a shameless way,a direct affront on our judicial system.

What a shame!!
You are the foolish person if you think naija politicians both in pdp and apc dont rig elections...i pity your stupidity...imagine you stupid human telling your kids that all elections in naija are free and fair...b4 you think i support APC or PDP, I dont...carry your stupidity and keep asslicking politicians that dont give you a dime cheesy. BTW, i just checked your posts sef...as usual, a foolish APC supporter...lol
Re: Edo Election: Deji Adeyanju Writes American Embassy. Hails US On Visa Ban by tollyboy5(m): 7:05pm On Sep 15, 2020
loopman:

What is the big deal about banning visa to people that you guys are jumping about ? Is America your heaven ?

Saner Americans are not leaving the country In droves to better countries and you are here jumping about over visa ban nonsense

Some of you are so inferior in your thinking and mindset
We need to encourage USA to do more so we won't be begging for tinubu loot or obaseki loot in the future

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Niger Delta Youths Supporting Buhari Are Not From Niger Delta? (Photo) / Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. / Wike Commissions Old Aba-port Harcourt Road, Iriebe Housing Estate Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.