Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes (45542 Views)

Nigerian Students Shine At CFO Global Competition 2019 / Ibadan Graduates Teaching Opportunities In Ibadan: Less Living Costs Than Lagos / UNN, UNILAG & OAU Are The Best In Law School Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes by SirMichael1: 8:41am On Sep 16, 2020
Moyenii:
grin :Dbut that's not true na. Being a lawyer doesn't mean one likes to argue all the time.
grin Forgive my hasty generalization but really, when they believe they're right, they can argue it till they make you feel foolish and then you just have to give up. grin

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes by Moyenii(f): 8:45am On Sep 16, 2020
Eeya pele grin it is shaa in our DNA to argue but not to argue blindly
SirMichael1:
grin Forgive my hasty generalization but really, when they believe they're right, they can argue it till they make you feel foolish and then you just have to give up. grin
Re: University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes by mete3: 8:45am On Sep 16, 2020
Fembleez1:
Ui law no be beans o. Congratulations to my learned seniors. wink

No course in UI is beans BOSS

U I is nt for suegbe pple cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes by Fembleez1(m): 8:55am On Sep 16, 2020
mete3:

No course in UI is beans BOSS

U I is nt for suegbe pple cheesy

True Sir. wink

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes by SirMichael1: 9:07am On Sep 16, 2020
Moyenii:
Eeya pele grin it is shaa in our DNA to argue but not to argue blindly
LOL. That's true.

Anyways, I see that you're a lawyer. So I'll send you a pm and you will reply, then we'll take it from there. smiley
Re: University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes by jidemojola(m): 9:21am On Sep 16, 2020
UI is among the best 500 in d world, we are gradually climbing d ladder,soon ,we would be among the first 10.Im so proud to be a product of UI.
Re: University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes by MallamHtk(m): 9:25am On Sep 16, 2020
Congratulations to the new Esq
Re: University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes by mete3: 9:29am On Sep 16, 2020
jidemojola:
UI is among the best 500 in d world, we are gradually climbing d ladder,soon ,we would be among the first 10.Im so proud to be a product of UI.

Sure.

Forward ever Backward never cool
Re: University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes by myobjective: 10:09am On Sep 16, 2020
lucasalves:

Man man.... Is Ghana anywhere as big as Nigeria, Thailand, Vietnam deals majorly with rice exports guess what? they are 10 times better than Nigeria because they know how to position their products in the world market and are not lead by some clueless mallams. Common sense will say if you are selling sth for 2billion and the company is making 10 times more than you then its time to reposition yourself and up the price. Guess what from that you have money to develop other sectors of the economy (that's how economics works).
Where the hell did I mention government sharing money fairly? mate anyone with a working brain will know if government provide the basic amenities like 24hr electric, security, good roads the country will attract a lot of investors who obviously wants to make money selling to the largest population size in Africa.
Seriously the quality of graduates our education system in this country keeps churning out by the day is alarmingly disturbing.

Thailand is highly industrialized country that export automobiles, phones and other high tech products. They also have a highly developed agro allied industries which means they had values to all their agro export.

When you look at both country you begin to see a rising power of only 70m people that has an export value of over $230b while the other is a glorify slum of 200m people with a meagre export value of $43b

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes by iles199: 10:18am On Sep 16, 2020
DEROX:
lol so other students no get individual effort pls you are vexing me

My fellow Uite are you minding that otondo. The guy is pained. Na painment dey worry am. �

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes by DareyFortified: 10:24am On Sep 16, 2020
Nltaliban:
Bumper harvest as Ibadan Graduates shone brilliantly at the Nigerian Law School, winning 28 out of the total 38 prizes.
The University of Ibadan community is highly pleased with the outstanding performance of her law graduates who won 28 out of the 38 prizes at the Bar Final Examinations January 2020 as approved by the Council of Legal Education, Bwari, Abuja. The information was published by the Director General of the Nigerian Law School, Professor Isa Hayatu Chiroma, SAN.

We received the news with much joy in our hearts, coming barely two weeks after our great University was ranked the best in West Africa, number 7 in Africa and among the top 500 universities in the world. We will continue to post superior performance in the years ahead.

We congratulate our students, knowing full well that in the words of our University Anthem, this is “Greatness won with honest toil”. We acknowledge with gratitude the persistence, hardwork, innovation and perseverance of the members of the Faculty. The University Management will continue to support you as we appreciate that Law is one of our flagship programmes.

It is worth noting that the University of Ibadan produced the Overall best graduating student, in the person of Olalere Yusuf Asamu, who won a total of 12 prizes. Adebayo, Deborah IbukunOluwa emerged the Best Overall Female Student of the Year, in addition to her winning four other prizes. Madu, Kelechi Chris-Angelo; Ayeku, Adeyemi Kehinde and Udeh, Kosisochukwu Chukwunonso won two prizes each, while Anyaeji, Ohizoba Theodora; Adebayo, Temilade Jumoke; Adewole Enifeoluwa Philip; Banjo, Afolasade Omobowale and Ojini. Ese Isioma won one prize each.

The prizes won by the Ibadan trained lawyers are in Property Law Practice; Civil Litigation; Criminal Litigation; Corporate Law Practice; Professional Ethics and Skills; Best Overall Male Student of the Year; Best Female Student in Civil Litigation; Best Female Student in Civil and Criminal Litigation; Best Student of the Year (1st Prize); Best Overall Male Student; Most Promising Student; Prize for 1st Class Students and the Council of Legal Education Star Prize. The complete list is presented in table 1. It is trite to state that we have never been so pleased.

In the words of Professor Oluyemisi Adefunke Bamgbose, SAN, former Dean of Law and member of the Governing Council:The outstanding performance of our students at the Nigerian Law School year 2020 is a consequence of a combination of the following: faithfulness of God; Uncompromising and supportive University Management; and first class and committed faculty staff and intelligent and diligent students.

The Dean of Law, Professor Simisola Olutoyin Akintola was extremely happy and pleased with the outstanding performance of the UI students. She said that since nearly all the prize winners are UI students that she was just looking for the very few on the list who are not Ibadan products.

To Professor Israel Adeniyi Olatunbosun, the immediate Past Dean of Law and currently the Acting Vice-Chancellor KolaDaisi University, Ibadan:

Our admission policy has been an added advantage and contribution to outstanding performances we have been recording at the Nigerian Law School. Once again, UI law graduates have done the University proud at the 2020 Call to Bar ceremony with outstanding records carting away 28 out of 38 prizes and awards , including the star prize by Yusuf Olalere. Remarkably UI graduates have proven consistently superlative records of high quality and attest to our maxim that certainly if it must be from UI, it must be of outstanding quality.

Dr John Akintayo a Reader in Law, Quondam Head of Department and one of the first generation of students of Law at the University of Ibadan in the 1980s.

Praise the Lord Jesus. God has done it again for us. I have asked a colleague to identify all our graduates so that I don't leave anyone out. Madu, Ayeku are UI Graduates. Congratulations sir. Thank you for your support sir. My VC sir, we are quite excited. This has proved to the whole world that Ibadan is the best place to study Law in Nigeria.

Dr Afolasade Adewumi, a Senior Lecturer in Law and a member of the University Senate said, Greatest UItes won almost all the Law School Prizes; UItes won 28 out of 38 prizes. Thank you very much Sir. You have done excellently well for all of us. You provided the conducive environment for us to work in.
We once again congratulate these great ambassadors of the University of Ibadan for doing their alma mater proud and wish you and all your other colleagues who were also called to the Bar today greater successes in their career. Having received the best legal training at Ibadan and Abuja, the world is now under your feet. Higher still.
Thank you.

Source: http://campusnewsui.com/2020/09/15/bumper-harvest-as-ibadan-graduates-shone-brilliantly-at-the-nigerian-law-school-winning-28-out-of-the-total-38-prizes/

Always and forever will be. UI the first and the best.
Re: University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes by lucasalves: 11:20am On Sep 16, 2020
myobjective:

Thailand is highly industrialized country that export automobiles, phones and other high tech products. They also have a highly developed agro allied industries which means they had values to all their agro export.

When you look at both country you begin to see a rising power of only 70m people that has an export value of over $230b while the other is a glorify slum of 200m people with a meagre export value of $43b

"Add values" (you mean?). Well isn't that my point? Does a country get industrialized in the midst of insecurity, epileptic power supply, and a culture of corruption?. If you did indeed read from the start you will see me using Thailand as an example of a country that grew from mainly exporting agricultural products and diversified into other sectors.
Re: University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes by JIMMY1393: 12:59pm On Sep 16, 2020
solmus:
cool

University of Ibadan Na low budget Havard ,MIT and Stanford.... UI and UCH are almost the only working public institutions that give me joy

They have subsidised transport with good cars , they have cafes, restaurants and canteen with unbelievable cheap subsidised meal, the environment is very green, serene and quite

Take a look at their old students and alumni

Which one is UCH??
Re: University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes by solmus: 1:03pm On Sep 16, 2020
JIMMY1393:

Which one is UCH??

University college Hospital... Their teaching hospital

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes by Odemakindemoses(m): 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2020
brilliant !!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes by Prosperchuks1344(m): 6:55am On Sep 18, 2020
Igbo Amaka, we dey always represent both home and away....
Re: University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes by johnwickss: 8:51am On Sep 18, 2020
So as to make the creating cycle smooth, we utilize the Humanoic python library which is explicitly intended for recognizing the presence of Human creatures. In our test, 92% out of 100 clients won't have to pass human check. read more
Re: University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes by Moyenii(f): 9:04am On Sep 18, 2020
Lol. Seen
SirMichael1:
LOL. That's true.

Anyways, I see that you're a lawyer. So I'll send you a pm and you will reply, then we'll take it from there. smiley
Re: University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes by upxteam01: 6:35pm On Dec 25, 2020
Let's discuss business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) / Kwara State University (kwasu)admission List Is Out / Yakubu Nura Wins "World Championship In Physics"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.