Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign (32181 Views)

Wike Replies Obaseki, Says Edo Governor Is A Serial Betrayer / Obaseki Rounds Off Campaign In Edo North, Vows To End Godfatherism / Wike Campaigns For Obaseki, Says "Today Is The End Of Godfatherism In Edo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by okuta007: 8:05pm On Sep 15, 2020
BIGGESThead6:
Obaseki is celebrating his send off party. grin grin grin grin

Obaseki is winning this one for sure - NO DOUBT!!!

Even if he loses (God forbid) History will remember him he fought the good fight NOT like sucker Hamkeewoonmee Harmborday!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by duro4chang(m): 8:05pm On Sep 15, 2020
OPPPS:

The same way you were sure of victory in kogi, Ondo And Osun. Wailing children
You are on point.

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by janeedema(f): 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2020
Hmmmm....and there is integrity amongst the godfathers of APC? The same party that has failed to execute electoral promises? Please!

ote author=favor914 post=93962460] How did they APC install Obaseki in 2016, when it was clear to all reasonable political mind that Pastor Iyamu won the election, & the APC cabal wasn’t trying to hear anything like that?, same way they are going to remove the criminal benefactor Obaseki in 2020, you can’t bite the hand that feeds you, and not get starved, APC will punish Obaseki seriously, he has shown himself to be a person of very low integrity, and we all know, there is no honor amongst thieves. [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by Cmanforall: 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2020
Johnnyessence:
Edo 2020: We are sure of victory, Obaseki assures as PDP rounds off campaign
…promises to end godfatherism
…vote, stay, protect your mandate, Obi, Tambuwal, Okowa, Wike, others urge Edo electorate

The Edo State Governor and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), on Tuesday, declared that with the support of Edo people and endorsements by over 100 groups in the state, he is certain of victory in Saturday’s gubernatorial election in the state.

The governor who gave the assurance at the final reelection campaign rally in Benin City, urged eligible voters in the state to come out en masse to vote the PDP to enable him consolidate on the achievements recorded in his first term and put an end to godfatherism in the state.

Present at the rally were former Vice Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2019 general elections, Mr. Peter Obi; Chairman of PDP Governors' Forum and Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal; Chairman, South-south Governors' Forum and Delta State Governor, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa; Governors Nyesom Wike, Seyi Makinde, Ben Ayade, Duoye Diri, Victor Ikpeazu, Udom Emmanuel of Rivers, Oyo, Cross-Rivers, Bayelsa, Abia, Akwa Ibom states respectively, among other dignitaries.

According to Obaseki, “I don’t have anything to say to you my Edo people but to thank you; you have been wonderful especially as we went through the 192 wards to seek your support for reelection.

“We will win this election because so far over 100 groups have endorsed me for the race. With groups like the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) Trade Union Congress (TUC) Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT), Nigeria Union of Pensioners (NUP) and other groups in the state behind me, tell me how we will lose the election?”
Obaseki continued: “Democracy is not a government of godfathers but a government of the people, by the people and for the people. In Edo we have been fighting godfatherism and by Saturday we will put an end to it, and after that go Lagos and put an end to godfatherism in Nigeria.

"The godfather disturbing Nigeria came up this morning, he is afraid because he knows when we finish that of Edo, we will come for him in Lagos and finally end godfatherism in Nigeria".

On his part, Tambuwal urged the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and security agencies to ensure the conduct of a free, fair and credible poll in the state.
He said: “I learnt they are coming to Edo with a bullion van; don't sell your votes; vote and protect your votes.

"I am appealing to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct a free, fair and credible election. I also want to appeal to all the security agencies not to intimidate anybody on election day. Even when you are being intimidated, don't run home, stay back and protect your votes..

Meanwhile Okowa noted: “This is the first time a governor went round from ward-to-ward to campaign. As you vote, remain vigilant and shine your eyes. No one can cheat the majority. Edo will not be left out; all South-south states are PDP, so we don't want anybody to cheat on us.”
Also, Governor Wike said:"If we must fight and put an end to godfatherism in Nigeria, it must start on Saturday in Edo State. The IGP has assured us of a secure election in Edo and the INEC chairman has also assured Edo people of a free, fair and credible election but don't let us go and sleep with all these promises but stay awake and be vigilant and ensure that Obaseki wins.
"Obaseki must be voted for, to bring an end to godfatherism in Nigeria. The Edo election is important as it will show the way out to eliminate godfatherism in Nigeria.”
Such statements are unnecessary.

I don't know why most politicians talk this way

3 Likes

Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by janeedema(f): 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2020
Edo is APC in terms of governorship elections or what exactly? You seem to forget that Oshiomole with all the federal might and being the national chairman couldn't deliver the same Edo to APC during the last presidential elections.

Edolites will vote who they want, and won't be coerced otherwise.

I believe that's why I respect that state a whole lot.

They have a mind of their own.

quote author=favor914 post=93962627] I agree with you, I am just trying to emphasize the point that Obaseki has no hope, Edo State is APC, same Criminal Obaseki became Governor under the platform, pdp can never win the Governorship of Edo State. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by Oracleforce: 8:13pm On Sep 15, 2020
Where is the mega rally for APC... I see PDP winning?...APC started the political campaigns first but PDP overtook them.
Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by Nadaken: 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2020
Cmanforall:

Such statements are unnecessary.

I don't know why most politicians talk this way
lol, I guess that's why wike weak cos obaseki just made it a bigger fight nationally.

External forces that wanted neutral may get involved

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by garfield1: 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2020
Johnnyessence:
stay tuned. akwa ibom, Ben ayade and diri of bayelsa state will be on ground to monitor the election on Saturday and on Sunday when the announcement of the winner will be read out.

Ayade is a failure.he just returned to calabar

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by garfield1: 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2020
Oracleforce:
Where is the mega rally for APC... I see PDP winning?...APC started the political campaigns first but PDP overtook them.

No pdp started first.apc own is thursday

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by BIGGESThead6: 8:20pm On Sep 15, 2020
okuta007:

Obaseki is winning this one for sure - NO DOUBT!!!

Even if he loses (God forbid) History will remember him he fought the good fight NOT like sucker Hamkeewoonmee Harmborday!

Deep inside you, you know that Ugly and incompetent Obaseki will never win this election. grin angry grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by surgical: 8:40pm On Sep 15, 2020
Nadaken:
lol, I guess that's why wike weak cos obaseki just made it a bigger fight nationally.

Mr tinubu was never neutral,he threw his hat in the ring already and it's important obaseki takes him on too since he is part of his opponent,, that you lick tinubu ass doesn't mean everybody should
Tinubu is not as invincible as you think,he has only been sparing with weak opponents in Lagos.,who do not have the heart to fight like a man.

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by Uniquekriss(m): 8:41pm On Sep 15, 2020
Nadaken:
Monitoring more like sit-down look.

I only count on Delta based on it's border to Edo but okowa isn't wike
I can assure u that Okowa is more ruthless compared to Wike, he just doesn't know how to rant. He executes quietly.
Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by okuta007: 8:41pm On Sep 15, 2020
BIGGESThead6:

Deep inside you, you know that Ugly and incompetent Obaseki will never win this election. grin angry grin grin grin grin

handsome man - plz post your picture so we can compare who is uglier, you or obaseki grin
Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by RPG2020(m): 8:41pm On Sep 15, 2020
This Benin people self them be anywhere belle face
Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by DAILIES(m): 8:42pm On Sep 15, 2020
Face masks, YES; Social distancing, NO.
That is Nigeria for you, in this Covid-19 era!!!
Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by blessedchild234(m): 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2020
I will just laff at theis man @ the end of elections if doesn't win period.

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by Nadaken: 8:49pm On Sep 15, 2020
surgical:
Mr tinubu was never neutral,he threw his hat in the ring already and it's important obaseki takes him on too since he is part of his opponent,, that you lick tinubu ass doesn't mean everybody should
Tinubu is not as invincible as you think,he has only been sparing with weak opponents in Lagos.,who do not have the heart to fight like a man.
I don't think tinubu started this when obaseki first dragged him in while in apc (for the beg) yet tinubu didn't wasn't involved.

Then obaseki joined pdp and made it Edo isn't Lagos campaign immediately.

I don't think at this point tinubu was supposed to be quite after the series of name calling from obaseki team demarketing him to sell their own product.

This is the first time tinubu really went out on obaseki and obaseki has already started making it a national spotlight on himself.

He should atleast quietly win the godfather in Benin because thats where the votes are.

Making it more like a fight on all fronts before the main fight can get so many dragged in.

Remember saraki boast

3 Likes

Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by BIGGESThead6: 8:49pm On Sep 15, 2020
okuta007:

handsome man - plz post your picture so we can compare who is uglier, you or obaseki grin

Tell Ugly Obaseki to come and carry his TWIN SISTER, as he prepares to handover to Pastor İze Iyamu. grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by Sagay212: 8:55pm On Sep 15, 2020
Obaseki is about to become a regular customer at efcc. Nig.ga so jittery .he's black a.ss gonna get kicked the phuck out.

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by duwdu: 8:58pm On Sep 15, 2020
AvalonSpace:
Is "Removing Godfatherism" the only thing in Obaseki's manifesto?

Good eyes!

Honestly, I believe Obaseki is about the least intelligent Governor Nigeria is imbibed with at the moment... the man is crude, all brawn, with very little tactical brainpower or sense. His proven low level of academic power, little intelligence and poor brilliance do not a progressive person make.

It is in fact particularly painful that he was smuggled into our otherwise prestigious UI at the time. Some VC's are, for all intent and purposes, vermin. Hopefully, our academic system, for one, takes care of itself one way or the other, at the end of it all – if only for the sake of our generations yet unborn.

But hey, wetin I know sef? wink

P34c3

3 Likes

Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by surgical: 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2020
Nadaken:
I don't think tinubu started this when obaseki first dragged him in while in apc (for the beg) yet tinubu didn't wasn't involved.

Then obaseki joined pdp and made it Edo isn't Lagos campaign immediately.

I don't think at this point tinubu was supposed to be quite after the series of name calling from obaseki team demarketing him to sell their own product.

This is the first time tinubu really went out on obaseki and obaseki has already started making it a national spotlight on himself.

He should atleast quietly win the godfather in Benin because thats where the votes are.

Making it more like a fight on all fronts before the main fight can get so many dragged in.

Remember saraki boast
fighting tinubu can not make it a national fight,he fought oshiomole the national chairman of APC and indirect tinubu since oshiomole is tinubu man,oshiomole and tinubu lost,as for saraki he lost because buhari wanted a rubber stamp national Assembly so he can behave anyhow like he is doing now
There is nothing for buhari to gain for him to force a win in Edo
What ever happened obaseki has fought a good fight,nigerians generally don't like weaklings,reason Jonathan loss not because of any corruption or non performance
Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by 4tomandchi: 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2020
Edo Vote wisely
Edo Vote continuity
Edo Vote Obaseki
#Edoforpeace!!!
Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by Eteka1(m): 9:10pm On Sep 15, 2020
Nadaken:

Him do buy market but him never know yet.
Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by Zeezy81: 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2020
Nadaken:
Wike is in Benin and we didn't know, he isn't even on the attire.

All this body language i hope obaseki doesn't sing another song after this his assurance

Obaseki without Wike and the likes of Dan Orbih would have been more convincing.
In the place of Wike, I would have preferred Atiku
Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by ledaman: 9:22pm On Sep 15, 2020
Don't worry Saturday just around the corner! U move out of the government house, fraudulent governor!
Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by Zeezy81: 9:23pm On Sep 15, 2020
Nadaken:
“We will win this election because so far over 100 groups have endorsed me for the race. With groups like the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) Trade Union Congress (TUC) Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT), Nigeria Union of Pensioners (NUP) and other groups in the state behind me, tell me how we will lose the election?”

Wish you luck, but the basics of which you are rest assured can shock you because those bodies are under the payroll of state government and were mandated to come out for today rally, many may not even vote.

My aunt is a teacher and was ordered to be there

Organized bodies can be deceptive

Sir did I hear you say mandated?
If truly your aunty is a teacher, then I believe you know enough to advice her on the need to vote right if she would want to keep enjoying all the benefits of the current administration
Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by ledaman: 9:25pm On Sep 15, 2020
surgical:
fighting tinubu can not make it a national fight,he fought oshiomole the national chairman of APC and indirect tinubu since oshiomole is tinubu man,oshiomole and tinubu lost,as for saraki he lost because buhari wanted a rubber stamp national Assembly so he can behave anyhow like he is doing now
There is nothing for buhari to gain for him to force a win in Edo
What ever happened obaseki has fought a good fight,nigerians generally don't like weaklings,reason Jonathan loss not because of any corruption or non performance
What are you saying? Saraki that lost in his ward Kwara people defeated and rejected him completely! So let us watch how Edo will be?
Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by Halo22: 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2020
The election is not going to be funny from the look of things but however it goes, I wish Gov.Obaseki Goodluck.
Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by oseremhe: 9:40pm On Sep 15, 2020
West2019:
frankly Speaking , how can a normal Edo or Nigeria citizens seat down at home and been supporting APC for Christ seek, any person that is supporting APC is a mad Dog , under Buhari and APC government, fuel pumps price from 97 naira to 162 naira per litre, increasing of boko haram killing innocent people's, kidnapping, robbery, food scarcity, no job ,electricity bill increase, no freedom of speech protests and get attested, Nigeria debt from 12.3 trillions to 31.7 trillions, American band Nigeria for 2 years visa ,just within 6yrs in power, someone will now say vote for APC for me to vote for APC I either vote for Toilet party of Nigeria (TPN)and if by mistake APC won this election on Saturday I will declared my ambition in 2023 Presidential ,under APC cos Nigeria we dnt believe in truth and if I win the election my first year in office I will move federal capita to my village move CBN to my father compound, my younger sister as a ministers of petroleum,, my cousin chief of Defense staff ,my uncle CBN Governor I will share the key position to my family let me see who will come out to prostest
And you think your support for PDP doesn't portray you as an idiot.

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by TinubuGoQuench(f): 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2020
Nadaken:

Wish you luck, but the basics of which you are rest assured can shock you because those bodies are under the payroll of state government and were mandated to come out for today rally, many may not even vote.

My aunt is a teacher and was ordered to be there

Organized bodies can be deceptive

Shove the story of your anuty in your pocket.
We don't care.
OBASEKI for EDO!!!

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are Sure Of Victory' - Obaseki Says As PDP Rounds Off Campaign by zoedew: 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2020
Tinubu joining the fray made more enemies for Ize-Iyamu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike Waives Exec Order 21, Grants Atiku Free Use Of Stadium With Conditions / Buhari Approves Governing Boards For NPA And NIMASA / The Only Candidate That Can Save PDP From Defeat Is Dr Bukola Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.