Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,292 members, 7,780,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:26 PM

Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi (78644 Views)

Muhammadu Buhari International Airport In Ebonyi Constructed By Governor Umahi / Traveling Abroad With Soon To Be Wedded Fiancee / Ebonyi International Airport: Umahi Inspects Terminal Building- Pictures & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by Newboss(m): 9:43pm On Sep 15, 2020
Franking:
The southeast does not have enough land for all the states to have an airport. Enugu has one, Imo has one, Anambra is building one and Ebonyi is building another one. Meanwhile PH and Asaba both have one and they are close to these states. Doesn't make sense if u ask me.

You've never been robbed or kidnapped on the highway before. You won't know how important traveling by air or rail is

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by AroOkigbo(m): 9:43pm On Sep 15, 2020
flokii:
Misplaced priorities.. one airport is enough to serve all the 5 SE states not up to Oyo state in size. There are better things to do with money.
So says a typical Osun based Yoruba Muslim who hasn't been to the SE. I usually fly to Owerri, and from there to my home town is over 3 hrs by road. If I go through Enugu, that'll be more than 5hrs.
Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by donnie(m): 9:44pm On Sep 15, 2020
mariahAngel:

This is so condescending.

It is not a nice thing to say about people who work hard honestly to earn for their daily bread.

Don't mind the foolish man

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by Dogeland: 9:44pm On Sep 15, 2020
SmartProf:
When Ebonyi state voted in this man, they didn't know they had signed Messi. He has won the political "ballon d'or" back to back since 2015. Citizens of states that their governor's achievement(s) is either to appear during children's day celebration, control traffic, sign MOU, share kerosene, share ludo, give yearly budgets botanical/scientific names, dethrone traditional rulers, eat roadside roasted corn, mould statue, stuff dollars, share cars, collect loans, sponsor pilgrimages etc should know that when they voted, they signed Yakubu Ayegbeni.
Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by Chino4NAUTH: 9:44pm On Sep 15, 2020
MajohBankz:

I'm also from Anambra and would confess that we actually have nothing, especially in awka. The airport sef I no know. But the perception people have about Ebonyi people has to change someday. Now their governor is championing it. We the sophisticated Anambra people will one day be envious of Abakaliki.
Seriously I'm from Anambra but I'm not proud to say so, I always feel inferior and less when I meet people from Enugu, Ebonyi, imo and Abia.. Because they all have airports or they're building, but my Anambra is a cursed worthless erosion ravaged shithole village which isn't even igbo.. Our Anambra is cursed beyond measure.. Anambra father's rape their daughters.
Anambra governor is a Drunkard cursed governor

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by UchaNwababa: 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2020
The Airport is Located at Ezza North which Comprises Oriuzor, Umuaghara , Ekka ,Umuezeoka and Umuezeokaoha not Ezza South. Ezza South has only the Entrance which started from Amuzu Community op please take Correction

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by Mcfi(m): 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2020
flokii:
Misplaced priorities.. one airport is enough to serve all the 5 SE states not up to Oyo state in size. There are better things to do with money.

Make i no lie you take small sense o.
Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by flokii: 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2020
EMMY76:

If airport is not development then what do you understand by development who do you think are going to be employed to work at the airport at the end of the day? Stop discouraging people who have decided to set high standards for themselves despite all their limitations most developed cities and states in the world started like this.

Did you consider air traffic, cost to run and maintain an airport effectively? or you think it's same as bus park.

What is the total population of SE sef to start with that every state wants to have airport. What will happen to Enugu and Anambra airports?
Some things are not just worth the hype you know.
Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by SuperbCrown: 9:47pm On Sep 15, 2020
Kingpele:
The only governor in the south east that came prepared for the job, the second one is obianu, the IMO guy is still very new but u see Abia and that Enugu guy they are very clueless like no other
Come to Ogun state, you will realise you've wrongly used the word clueless
Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by adakoleagbenu: 9:47pm On Sep 15, 2020
flokii:

WAS WAITING FOR DIS TO BE SAID. MIND YOU, MOST OF THE AIRPORTS IN NIGERIA ARE CURRENTLY UNPROFITABLE AND DEPEND ON GOVERNMENT FUNDING. D EXCEPTION IS PROBABLY LAGOS AIRPORT. HE SHOULD HAVE WORKED WITH OTHER SE GOVERNORS TO CREATE WORLDCLASS TRANSPORTATION FROM ENUGU AIRPORT TO THEIR STATES. ROAD AND RAIL. EBONYI IS A CIVIL SERVANT STATE WITH CONSIDERABLY LESS INDUSTRIAL ACTIVITY IN FACT SO HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL TRAVEL VIA AIRPORT THERE? AN AIRPORT IS EXTREMELY COSTLY TO CONSTRUCT AND MAINTAIN.

GOVERNORS WASTING FUNDS ON CONFERENCE CENTERS AND AIRPORT IN STATES WITH POOR INFRASTRUCTURE AND UNEMPLOYMENT.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by Ibime(m): 9:48pm On Sep 15, 2020
Another white elephant project to chop money. There is no reason air traffic to Ebonyi cannot go through Akanu Ibiam airport in Enugu which is just a stones throw away and is underused and unprofitable. If Enugu airport is unprofitable, wetin consign Abakiliki with airport?

The UK cities of Derby, Nottingham and Leicester are served by East Midlands airport and almost everyone in those counties can afford to fly regularly, unlike Ebony where I doubt 5% can afford to fly semi-regularly.

The money would be better spent ensuring ease of transport between Abakiliki and Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by UchaNwababa: 9:50pm On Sep 15, 2020
flokii:

Did you consider air traffic, cost to run and maintain an airport effectively? or you think it's same as bus park.

What is the total population of SE sef to start with that every state wants to have airport. What will happen to Enugu and Anambra airports?
people travelled from were the can get the best Service
Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by Amos1423(m): 9:50pm On Sep 15, 2020
All this airport construction which state governments are suddenly gazing at which has the people celebrating as a major project in the state, hope it's contractors are from the state and of what benefit would the project be to an average Joe in the streets of Ebonyi? Hope when it comes to employing workers they won't come to ask for five years experience from individuals who doesn't know what an airport facility is made of for years now or it would be something of knowing somebody that knows somebody before you're even looked at, the income which it would yeild, what would it be used for, another elite project I suggest, Traders that complain daily of ferrying their goods within and outside the state, Shea e never reach make them construct road give them at least make man pikin for see food chop, make business dey visible, make customer for see way come patronize business, na money to come board plane na him e go come dey think of

Misplaced priorities!

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by spiritmasquerad(m): 9:50pm On Sep 15, 2020
Yobabad:
Nigeria is not build on honesty it must surely fail, merit does not exist is only tribalism that the Yoruba Muslims are championing
And yet u are also displaying the same tribalism
Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by adakoleagbenu: 9:50pm On Sep 15, 2020
flokii:

U HAVE SAID IT. DEM DEY CONFUSE AIRPORT WITH BUS PARK.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 15, 2020
OVB123:
Who will use the airport at the end, the people that are selling gala on the major street in many cities in Nigeria.

That's a very insensitive comment... At least they're not criminals.
Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by GEEBITE: 9:51pm On Sep 15, 2020
That comment is a big disgrace.I dont know when hearts have become this dark.
mariahAngel:

This is so condescending.

It is not a nice thing to say about people who work hard honestly to earn for their daily bread.
Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by Bobbyfreshh(m): 9:51pm On Sep 15, 2020
TheChameleon:
That oyinbo man don chop 1/2 of the contract. shocked

He don already swallow aeroplane wey wan land.

Investigate him jare angry

Speaking from experience abi

Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by donnie(m): 9:52pm On Sep 15, 2020
Cyberterror:
This Abakaliki governor and misplaced priorities. Ebonyi people are not empowered enough to need airport. Enugu airport is nearby. It looks like the airport will be used by herdsmen to freight cows into the state while Ebonyi people hawk gala around the vicinity.

It will happen to your dismay and shame. And I will use that airport again and again. And I nor be Fulani.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 15, 2020
I never knew igbos hate themselves like this. Something good is coming out from their sister state but all they can do here is looking for ways to rubbish the good news.
Sorry ndi Igbo, ndi Biafra.
Hahahahaha.
Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by kalvoken(m): 9:52pm On Sep 15, 2020
OVB123:
Who will use the airport at the end, the people that are selling gala on the major street in many cities in Nigeria.

Nope, those dirty owo awa da littering the most cities in Nigeria.

Useless cretin.
Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by Ashez: 9:52pm On Sep 15, 2020
crossfm:
Some one should call Enugu state Governor for me,I want to tell him something.

I know you guys will be anxious to know what I want to tell Mr Governor. Anyways, I just want to tell him to meet Umahi for lectures on governance 101.
You still dey complain for enugu, wetin u wan make aba people talk, centre table aruga na osisioma kamgbe 5 years ekweghi ha ruchaa, unu mere ndi abia omiko biko
Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by donnie(m): 9:54pm On Sep 15, 2020
adakoleagbenu:

U HAVE SAID IT. DEM DEY CONFUSE AIRPORT WITH BUS PARK.

Ebonyi airport is long over due...a dream come true.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by TinubuGoQuench(f): 9:54pm On Sep 15, 2020
Nigerians are very funny people.
They praise governors when they do things they were elected to do

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by yaki84: 9:54pm On Sep 15, 2020
Jones4190:
the good blood of Apc runs in ebonyi State governor
Which blood runs in yahaya bello's system?
Please can someone remind me the name of osun state governor....
Abi do they have one?
Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by Onlinesmart: 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2020
4tomandchi:
Ebonyi is the pride of the East how I wish other states in the East and South will take a queue from Ebonyi state.
cue

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi by luminouz(m): 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2020
flokii:

I heard he is OSU

If true, he has really proven that a man makes his own destiny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Aircraft Parked Along Oshodi-Anthony Expressway In Lagos. See Photos / Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos / Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.