Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud (9852 Views)

Iniobong Umoren: Ekaette-Unoma Akpabio Denies Being The Owner Of Davok Suites / Akpabio: 60% Of NDDC Contracts Are Awarded to National Assembly Members / Akpabio Denies Collecting ₦500 Million NDDC Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by MztaIkp(m): 10:07pm On Sep 15, 2020

By Tordue Salem
The Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godswill Akpabio, Tuesday, denied that he accused members of the National Assembly of fraud concerning contracts from the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC.

The minister had, during an investigative hearing at the House of Representatives, claimed that 60 percent of NDDC contracts went to the federal lawmakers.

However, as the House threatened to initiate a criminal complaint of perjury and explore the possibility of a civil defamation suit against him, Akpabio denied he ever referred to members of the 9th House of Representatives as beneficiaries of contracts in NDDC.

He noted that NDDC was yet to fully implement any budget since the commencement of the 9th National Assembly.

Also, Akpabio while responding to questions after a visit to the acting Clerk of the National Assembly, Olatunde Ojo, said the misunderstanding between him and lawmakers was caused by mischief-makers.

On the peace talks being initiated and whether he had resolved to exonerate the lawmakers, who allegedly collected 60 percent of the contracts in NDDC, Senator Akpabio said: “No no no, you are wrong.

“That was not what the Speaker demanded. The Speaker wanted to know whether there was undue influence from any section of the National Assembly in respect of contracts in the NDDC.

“He (Speaker) did not say whether they were contractors. So I’m hearing it from you.”

On why he was at the Nationa Assembly complex, Akpabio explained, “I am a Senator. Seeing me in the National Assembly should not be a surprise as a former Minority Leader and a Senator, and I believe that I’m a Senator for life.

“So nobody will refer to me as Governor Akpabio, but they refer to me as Senator Akpabio. This is like homecoming and the National Assembly ought to have resumed today (Tuesday). But they postponed it; so I intended that as soon as the resumption takes place, I am here

“It’s part of my effort to support the President’s decision that there must be a much more cordial relationship between the Executive and Legislature.

“In fact, the President recently set up a tripartite committee made up of the party (APC), the National Assembly and the Executive to ensure oneness because we are running one government.

“It is important that we all remember that whatever we do, we want to leave a legacy for Nigeria and we cannot do this if all the arms of government are not cooperating.

“So far, I believe that whatever disagreement that could have occurred between my own ministry and the National Assembly must have been as a result of mischief and that mischief must be put to rest so that we can work in one accord for the sake of the nation.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/akpabio-denies-accusing-natl-assembly-members-of-nddc-contracts-fraud/

Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by Nbotee(m): 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2020
Hehehehe... I expect him to claim wat we watched on national television was photoshopped or videoshopped

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by Kpomosauce: 10:26pm On Sep 15, 2020
grin
Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by olus01(m): 10:27pm On Sep 15, 2020
dino once said " if you say the truth you will die and if you didnot say the truth u will die. so i dont know why this people choose to be coward when the going is getting tough

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by sapientia(m): 2:22am On Sep 16, 2020
Mods

Jokes section please.

Thanks

27 Likes

Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by bamasite2: 4:30am On Sep 16, 2020
E shock us, because we see , hear ram too

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by Wickedfact: 4:35am On Sep 16, 2020
The stone Akpabio threw landed on the heads of both APC and PDP Reps. The current SDP candidate for Ondo State election who was Akeredolu's deputy in APC made money as Chair of the House Committee on NDDC while he was in the House of Reps.

Whenever they are stealing money everywhere would be quiet and they would be in unison. There would no party affiliations, there are no religious or tribal differences. But when it is time to use the heads of their empty followers, that is when you hear them start shouting.

31 Likes

Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by FGonline: 4:36am On Sep 16, 2020
So who chop d yam
Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by GboyegaD(m): 4:37am On Sep 16, 2020
He needs deny saying that otherwise too many will be indicted. It's a big shame these guys gather to rob the masses and the masses unfortunately keep seeing them as the Messiah.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by wonuks(m): 4:39am On Sep 16, 2020
cheesy
Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by jogsman01(m): 4:40am On Sep 16, 2020
That means our media outlets are scamming us with videoshop..... This one dey gargantuan

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by dfrost: 4:40am On Sep 16, 2020
Something on live tv? shocked
Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by stayclearofme: 4:41am On Sep 16, 2020
Politicians chai.... something that he said openly.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by Uchenaija: 4:42am On Sep 16, 2020
The quickest joke of the year goes to Akpabio, sponsored by APC and promoted by zombies

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by Nobody: 4:43am On Sep 16, 2020
Politicians? I still can't fathom how you people support them...

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by Nobody: 4:44am On Sep 16, 2020
Satan tuale for you.
Even Satan no lie reach una.
Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by abayomi27(m): 4:44am On Sep 16, 2020
We don hear am before dem off the mic.

Awon eleribu gbogbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by benobyeze(m): 4:46am On Sep 16, 2020
We are not blind and we are not deaf. We saw and heard him say what he's denying now.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by easyfem(m): 4:51am On Sep 16, 2020
This bastard again ...... this guy is dying politically after diz stupid regime ........ our politician dont even care abt their names anymore ..... they cant stand on their words .... i saw the video and this man deny it ......... e no go better for diz useless leader

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by BlueRayDick: 4:55am On Sep 16, 2020
So we should all forget about the "off your mic" video we watched on live TV and assume we didn't hear him say it.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by Ategberoson(m): 5:03am On Sep 16, 2020
thief defending his fellow thieves

Akpabio that should be in prison serving his jail time for embezzlement is indicting some fellow thieves of fraud and embezzlement? I'm not surprise anyway, if OUK that grounded a suppose industrial state to the Level of third world war state is worming up to contest for president then everything is possible in this country

Nigeria corruption under Buhari had move from advanced to standard

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by Eriggs: 5:05am On Sep 16, 2020
all of una na thieves and criminals
Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by MorataFC: 5:12am On Sep 16, 2020
Honorable pls off your mic

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by LandMann: 5:20am On Sep 16, 2020
Something we watched on national TV with the chairman shouting "IS ENOUGH... IS ENOUGH" so that you all don't disgrace your corrupt selves more in public...

Akpabio should stop lying like a child

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by sammyj: 5:22am On Sep 16, 2020
grin grin Akpabio: I did not accuse you of contract SCAM

NASS : Honorable off your Mic off your Mic it's ok !!! grin grin shocked shocked
Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by Gten(m): 5:24am On Sep 16, 2020
Ha, why were they "offing the mic" then?
Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by Nobody: 5:29am On Sep 16, 2020
Fear fear
Re: Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud by asatemple(f): 5:45am On Sep 16, 2020
Are we still on this?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security / Edo: Labour Party Adopts Indirect Primary, Pegs Guber Form At ₦‎25 Million / The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.