Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,877 members, 7,806,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Relocating To Lome Togo - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Lome Togo (35171 Views)

Coronavirus: 23 Nigerian Returnees Arrive Seme Border From Lome / Togo’s Lome Port Overtakes Apapa Wharf As West Africa’s Leading Container Port / Lome,Togo by night (night view ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:54am On Sep 17, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Enjoy, every way na way.
Send us pishure when you get there
Make we sef know how the place be true true forget all this winchy men talk.
Forget all these fear tactics ask all these discouragers now non of dem done go there see as e be oh
Na to discourage person dem sabi
Some of us never reach Seme Border sef...

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by Blackestjunior(m): 12:24pm On Sep 17, 2020
Oga just go your village instead..
Instead to be immigrant for 9th world country
Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by Chineduogbu18: 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2020
[are u staying in Togo bro
quote author=mfm04622 post=93984206]

Anago is what they call Yoruba. Not all Nigerian. [/quote]
Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by Chineduogbu18: 12:34pm On Sep 17, 2020
mfm04622:

Anago is what they call Yoruba. Not all Nigerian.

Are u staying in Lome Togo bro
Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by Chineduogbu18: 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2020
rummmy:

Can I have your details bro
Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by Chineduogbu18: 12:45pm On Sep 17, 2020
rummmy:

I was living in Dubai but I had surgery there in Dubai and came back this year February because I need to stay close home that's why I choose Togo, I'm not into any illegal stuff, I just want to relocate there to start up again
Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by CAUSTIC002: 12:49pm On Sep 17, 2020
IAMPhoenix007:

So many misguided and ignorant comments, I didn't Know Nigerians are so ignorant, My brother if you are going to do something legit I will advise you to follow your heart, don't pay attention to any of those comments. Togo is very peaceful and it's quiet easy to accumulate wealth cause the standard of living isn't that high, just don't do pass yourself. Most of the negative comment you see here are from people who haven't even cross the border before they base their truth on myths, though Togo is a poor country and doesn't have the popular has Nigeria, there are a lot of Nigerians businessmen(majorly Igbos) especially in asigame and asiyeye doing very well. Just be focused and know what you came there to do.( Be law abiding)

PS: Togolese are a lovely people and are very friendly to foreigners I can attest to that, it just that unpleasant experiences from terrible Nigerians couple with how Nollywood portray Nigeria has made them wary of Nigerians.
spot on, Nollywood contributed greatly to our bad image.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by Harrykn: 1:01pm On Sep 17, 2020
Kingpele:
Bye bye hahahaha that is how my kid brother traveled to Ghana to play football, he came back with stories, the day he came back to nigeria, he couldn't allow me to sleep in the night... He kept me awake till 2:00 Am with his tales.. Thank God he later traveled to Europe.. Though we later lost him.. But I can't forget his complaints while in Ghana...
Lost him! Bleep! Life's a bitch. My uncle stays at lome, married their woman, has three kids but always coming home for funds and buys home made shoes for resale while going back. It's not all rosy at that place, i'd choose ivory coast to togo
Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by mfm04622: 1:04pm On Sep 17, 2020
Chineduogbu18:

Are u staying in Lome Togo bro

No. I live in Nigeria. However, Yoruba have a long history of interaction with Togolese. It is Yoruba Togolese call Anago. Another person mentioned that too
Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by Abdogood(m): 1:14pm On Sep 17, 2020
Nollywood has really portrait us in bad light. Same thing south africans believe from what they watch in hollywood movies. I just told them we did those movies for money not caring the message passed. Thy believe we have more wicked mother in laws and ritualist in nigera.

We are our own problem i swear...

Ranging from bad leaderships, poor entertainment industry, polluted religion dynasty, terrible education system, high rate of employment, to fraud and greedy.

You know what! None of the above is getting better. Its going down and bad.

Obj was better to Yaradua, Yaradua was better to GEJ, GEJ was better to Sai Papa. And Sai Papa will be better to whoever comes next.... Now do the maths.

Una never see anything yet....

Elemi loma last!

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by CAUSTIC002: 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2020
Abdogood:
Nollywood has really portrait us in bad light. Same thing south africans believe from what they watch in hollywood movies. I just told them we did those movies for money not caring the message passed. Thy believe we have more wicked mother in laws and ritualist in nigera.

We are our own problem i swear...

Ranging from bad leaderships, poor entertainment industry, polluted religion dynasty, terrible education system, high rate of employment, to fraud and greedy.

You know what! None of the above is getting better. Its going down and bad.

Obj was better to Yaradua, Yaradua was better to GEJ, GEJ was better to Sai Papa. And Sai Papa will be better to whoever comes next.... Now do the maths.

Una never see anything yet....

Elemi loma last!
dont know if nollywood still make those damning movies, the government really needs to regulate the kind of nonsense those guys churn out.
Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by drpat1: 1:50pm On Sep 17, 2020
Harrykn:
Lost him! Bleep! Life's a bitch. My uncle stays at lome, married their woman, has three kids but always coming home for funds and buys home made shoes for resale while going back. It's not all rosy at that place, i'd choose ivory coast to togo

Please does your uncle waybill his goods?
Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by Harrykn: 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2020
drpat1:

Please does your uncle waybill his goods?
no sir, he's a hustler so knows different routes he spends less in transportation, i do bring the shoes to lagos-seme boder, he'll pick it up there. No trans company involve
Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by drpat1: 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2020
Harrykn:
no sir, he's a hustler so knows different routes he spends less in transportation, i do bring the shoes to lagos-seme boder, he'll pick it up there. No trans company involve

Oh thanks.
Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2020
RealEzee:
hehehe hehe grin we go also meet babes of other nationalities joingrin, I don dey fear u oooo no reach der give babes belle oooo

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Na me fear you pass..... shocked

I need to explore another country no be only this Nigeria
Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by IAMPhoenix007(m): 9:15pm On Sep 17, 2020
drpat1:

Please which transport company can commute one from Lagos to Lome? What is the price range?

Can they send waybill?

A lot of them, cross country, God is good, effex etc. and they are quiet expensive especially if you don't have a passport, I think it around 30 to 35k. (This was b4 the border closure and the covid19 ish) and they all do way bill.

There are also private cars @ mile 2 this ones charge around 11 to 15k b4 the border closure & covid19 ish but I hear they charge around 35k now. This ones too send waybill

But if you know you way around you will spend btw 6-7k taking normal public transports. I will however advise against this if you are a first time Traveller, apart from police and immigration wahala, those tout @ sème border are very notorious.
Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by IAMPhoenix007(m): 9:44pm On Sep 17, 2020
newoffer:
. Togo is not a place to go please. They are very mean and planning with security operative to rope you is a simple thing.

U better dey go Cotonou dey come back is better than Togo. I don live there. Dem go rope u for Wetin u no know if their local get issues with u. Pls, don't waste your life

This one don go toast another person wife, anywhere you go and it's not your home pls maintain your lane, no go dey do pass yourself.

Togolese are not mean as you erroneously claim they are very accommodating and friendly especially if you are a foreigner. Though they are a bit apprehensive on hearing the name NIGERIA but when dey get to know you you will enjoy staying with them. Expect you go there and try to intimate them with wealth, they will show you pepper. Same thing with Beninese but Beninese are more diabolical.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by gentlebullet(m): 12:28am On Sep 18, 2020
OP let me just drop my honest 2cent here. Lome isn't a bad city to stay and do legit biz but our very own brothers and sisters have messed up the three countries that borders naija on the west(Benin,Togo and Ghana).No right thinking citizen will be happy to see undocumented foreigners breaking traffic rules, robbing, kidnapping, car jacking, introducing drugs to teenagers and championing cultism in their country and be happy with them.
The worst of it all is that our present govt is so clueless about diplomacy that the consular reps in those countries are just figure heads so the host govt have no option than to go rogue on offending Nigerians.
Legit and law abiding Nigerians are respected and celebrated in these countries.
Pls, if you must migrate to any of these countries, avoid these set of Nigerians: 1.Pastors 2 footballer Agents 3.Yahoo boys 4.Girls who claim to be make up artist( na wash, dem be olosho).
The cost of living is high in those countries compare to Nigeria....rent,utilities,transportation, etc so be prepared and make sure you regularise your stay by getting documented to avoid harassment.

If you don't mind, look into Sierra Leone, Freetown to be precise... That country has prospects and language is not a barrier..... The citizens love Nigerians and see them as big brothers but make sure you are legit o! If you are caught doing illegal stuffs there, na silent execution o them no dey go media with their things. CHEERS

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by newoffer: 2:18pm On Sep 18, 2020
Togo are fetish too. Their house help come here and steal from our people. they even have a site where the likes build houses.
IAMPhoenix007:

This one don go toast another person wife, anywhere you go and it's not your home pls maintain your lane, no go dey do pass yourself.

Togolese are not mean as you erroneously claim they are very accommodating and friendly especially if you are a foreigner. Though they are a bit apprehensive on hearing the name NIGERIA but when dey get to know you you will enjoy staying with them. Expect you go there and try to intimate them with wealth, they will show you pepper. Same thing with Beninese but Beninese are more diabolical.
Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by kalu61(m): 2:21am On Sep 22, 2020
RealEzee:
cape Verde on ma mind mehnnn, I don visit there Taya via YouTube grin, God dey see me ooo, next year make i do vacay for there oo e no too hard for you daddy for heaven smiley
What's the cost like. I will like to visit there
Re: Relocating To Lome Togo by bull67: 4:04am On Sep 23, 2020
how good is cape verde?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Visa Ban: Our Policy Consistent With Yours, UK Replies FG / Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt / Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.