Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 (29319 Views)

How Wike Led Ugwuanyi, Ortom, Ikpeazu To Electoral Defeat / Saraki: How Magu Took His Non-confirmation Personally Against Me / Saraki: How Nigerians Can Prevent Election Rigging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by DemolaUnbias(m): 9:38am On Sep 16, 2020
Saraki that wanted to teach Lagosian how to defeat Jagaban now in Political Oblivion.

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by Kingzeez10: 9:40am On Sep 16, 2020
EdmundChidera:
Saraki tenure still remains the best and not this rubber stamp members in the house

Good day everyone
You're from the land of the rising sun so i'm not surprised. Wailing on every threads

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by komodapson(m): 9:47am On Sep 16, 2020
kenzysmith:
saraki don't mind them if I were u I will just go to new Zealand with my family and relax. if God just give me my ist billions ba to go build my house for Denmark or Sweden start my business there and stay there for 600 years

I dey dream this country day&night...so help me God
Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by tonyson010(m): 9:49am On Sep 16, 2020
He tried.
Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by MDAgye: 9:50am On Sep 16, 2020
well said the Ronaldo of Nigeria politics. big salute sir.....
Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by Blackmann001: 9:52am On Sep 16, 2020
solmus:

I know you are a local man .. without facts, but Iyaloja is Tinubu's mother's stool far before he came to governance, and Oba of Lagos selected Madam Tinubu's grandchild as iyaloja

Remi Tinubu just like Hillary Clinton, went into politics campaigned and won after being a wonderful FirstLady

If you envy the Tinubus family this much what would you say of George Bush family of Texas

Everybody knows for a fact that Politicians use their own legs to walk to Budillion drive Ikoyi to seek his support yet if he supports them you people would turn it to him forcing them

I laff at ur ignorance...

Tinubus mum was iyaloja of a particular market when he won his election in 99".. He now institutionalize the role to cover all Lagos markets by force....

Now at the death of the gracious hardworking woman...in ur analysis no one in the entire market aside tinubu's early twenties daughter fits the role..?....even if its going to b acceptable its hsld b role for women who have seen it all in the markets square.....but no! His daughter is the best candidate....

Now leme skl u abt tinubu and oba of Lagos relationship..cuz I live near the oba family...

He came to naija after long sojourn in the UK to assume the rile of oba..he was incorruptible.. And very open and just..never into politics but speaks justly for the people... He doesn't concern himself abt tinubu and his activities...now all of a sudden,a certain ex gov. Tinubu was at full throttle in bid to impeach a very visible hardworking govnor (fashola)..the oba was mad at tinubu and threaten to move the entire Lagos to another party and mk fashola as candidate to still win the elections....tinubu bowed to his pressure and allowed fashola b....

Alas,tinubu just realized the power of the oba,hence he laughed a campaign to corrupt the oba..his convoyed visited the palace regularly... He made the obas daughter a state house member,his son local government chairman,he showed the oba how to live on top of the people and accept injustice..there he bought the oba over and oba became his Boi..tinubu made the oba 5family member gain political positions including councillors etc...the oba was helpless...

Now the oba can't help but dance to even very open bad tinubu's bid..know it if u don't..ur oba is now a thief......so him.endorsing tinibus daughter as iyaloja..u shld now understand better....u can never know Lagos more than I do..cuz I spend my entire life there and also near the state palace......

Do u know dt an aspirant stepped down on pressure for tinubus wife to become the candidate..?...

Bro say only what you know,cuz I those ppl u see rushing to his house are in bondage to him..if u don't..he calls judges, iNEC, and everybody to rigg against u..he has something on everyone in Nigeria as a blackmail
Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by solmus: 9:59am On Sep 16, 2020
Blackmann001:

I laff at ur ignorance...

Tinubus mum was iyaloja of a particular market when he won his election in 99".. He now institutionalize the role to cover all Lagos markets by force....

Now at the death of the gracious hardworking woman...in ur analysis no one in the entire market aside tinubu's early twenties daughter fits the role..?....even if its going to b acceptable its hsld b role for women who have seen it all in the markets square.....but no! His daughter is the best candidate....

Now leme skl u abt tinubu and oba of Lagos relationship..cuz I live near the oba family...

He came to naija after long sojourn in the UK to assume the rile of oba..he was incorruptible.. And very open and just..never into politics but speaks justly for the people... He doesn't concern himself abt tinubu and his activities...now all of a sudden,a certain ex gov. Tinubu was at full throttle in bid to impeach a very visible hardworking govnor (fashola)..the oba was mad at tinubu and threaten to move the entire Lagos to another party and mk fashola as candidate to still win the elections....tinubu bowed to his pressure and allowed fashola b....

Alas,tinubu just realized the power of the oba,hence he laughed a campaign to corrupt the oba..his convoyed visited the palace regularly... He made the obas daughter a state house member,his son local government chairman,he showed the oba how to live on top of the people and accept injustice..there he bought the oba over and oba became his Boi..tinubu made the oba 5family member gain political positions including councillors etc...the oba was helpless...

Now the oba can't help but dance to even very open bad tinubu's bid..know it if u don't..ur oba is now a thief......so him.endorsing tinibus daughter as iyaloja..u shld now understand better....u can never know Lagos more than I do..cuz I spend my entire life there and also near the state palace......

Do u know dt an aspirant stepped down on pressure for tinubus wife to become the candidate..?...

Bro say only what you know,cuz I those ppl u see rushing to his house are in bondage to him..if u don't..he calls judges, iNEC, and everybody to rigg against u..he has something on everyone in Nigeria as a blackmail

You just posted a big lie

And I know you are naive about Yoruba's Chieftaincy tittle and chiefdom

Oba of Lagos is a retired Police AIG forcefully retired by Obasanjo and Atiku, Tinubu's father late Kafaru Tinubu was a colonial police and he is from Lagos Chieftaincy holding family, even Oba Onikan was the one who conffered Asiwaju to Tinubu and His mother Iyaloja General of Lagos

What do you people gain spreading lies about Tinubu?

2 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by Abdul111: 10:16am On Sep 16, 2020
It will be totally unfair to say Saraki didn’t do well during his 8 year tenure as Gov of Kwara state, man was made chairman of Nigerians Governors Forum by his fellow Govs even though he was one of the youngest amongst them. He won the award for the best Gov in Nigeria about three times and if you’re not satisfied you can google his achievements as Kwara state Gov. I have stayed all my life in Kwara state and I can tell you Saraki is not a saint but he’s by far the best Gov the state has had. He even used his influence to bring the likes of Jay z, mourinho, Akon and other top individuals just to put Kwara on the world map but where he made a mistake was the successor he choose(Gov Fatai) the man messed up everything although most people will say Saraki was controlling him(I don’t know how true that is) On the issue of senate presidency they clearly played politics and Saraki showed Tinubu that he can’t boss people around as he wanted, if three strong parties ACN,CPC and New PDP joined to form APC and CPC has been given the presidential slot, ACN the vice presidential slot and you’re saying people that came from New PDP should still allow an ACN member take the senate presidency and speaker
Please where is that done? If you don’t understand the game that was played please don’t judge anybody, Tinubu wanted to be the Vice Presidental candidate instead of Osibanjo but Saraki stood against him saying APC can’t use a Muslim-Muslim ticket and that was why Tinubu was against Saraki’s bid for senate presidency too, it was just two top politicians playing their game no need for you to start yarning dust if you don’t understand what happened. Winning Kwara was more personal for the APC then political and that was because they knew Saraki was the only one bold enough to stand up against them anytime any day. He was senate president for 4 years and I’m very sure most people started to know how powerful the senate presidency seat was because of Saraki. Unlike most past senate presidents that just dance to the presidency tunes Saraki stood for what he believed in till the last day. People said he was stopping Buhari from making Nigeria better now that he’s no longer there is Nigeria better? Did Buhari implement new policies??
And as for Kwara Rahman is a very honorable man and I respect him a lot, he’s also doing his bit but even Rahman knows he isn’t close to achieving what Saraki achieved anytime soon. Overall Rahman is off to a good but slow start

2 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by akdjr(m): 11:03am On Sep 16, 2020
I won't be surprise if some people take what the former Senate president just said. I am yet to see any credible election ever won by any Politician occupying Political post both past and present.
Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by Kollysman1: 11:04am On Sep 16, 2020
Blackmann001:

What about your mentor :tinubu who is bent on making his entire kindred get to power...

If you don't know saraki stopped his father from making his sister governor instead of an outsider..because as he said its not monarchy

You were there when he was stopping his father?
Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by eddyslim(m): 11:05am On Sep 16, 2020
muykem:
Oga forget all these stories. Kwara people were tired of your political grip on the state and they found a good platform in APC to express themselves couple with Buhari popularity among Fulanis.
Did I hear you say a good platform in acp? Chai this one don finish
Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by stchinedu: 11:08am On Sep 16, 2020
adioolayi:
That "Otoge Movement" really dealt with Baba Oloye Saraki grin grin cheesy grin Kwarans are not smiling grin cheesy grin

Oloye Saraki is now a political motivational speaker cheesy grin cheesy....Politics is really a dirty game

My hand no dey o cheesy

Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by eddyslim(m): 11:20am On Sep 16, 2020
Slurity:
Serving who? Staki deserves to be stoned to death publicly for holding this country back every year in the name of forcing the government not to perform for his selfish political gain. I hate araki with passion
And the government are performing under Lawal right? it will end in tears
Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by mildteddy(m): 11:43am On Sep 16, 2020
adioolayi:
That "Otoge Movement" really dealt with Baba Oloye Saraki grin grin cheesy grin Kwarans are not smiling grin cheesy grin

Oloye Saraki is now a political motivational speaker cheesy grin cheesy....Politics is really a dirty game

How are Kwarans faring now?
Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by adioolayi(m): 11:54am On Sep 16, 2020
mildteddy:

How are Kwarans faring now?

How were they faring before
Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by bashcares(m): 11:56am On Sep 16, 2020
Still the best thing to happen to both Kwara State and National Assembly.

I believe kwarans are really feeling the heat right now, I know if possible they won't have prayed for this current State government at all...

The otoge movement leaders in kwara are mute now and the masses are suffering more...

God bless you more Oloye...Sai Maigida...
Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by bashcares(m): 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2020
I'm really glad you have good insight about Kwara politics...
God bless you...
Oloye himself will fondly be remembered as the best thing to ever happen to Kwara.

Abdul111:
It will be totally unfair to say Saraki didn’t do well during his 8 year tenure as Gov of Kwara state, man was made chairman of Nigerians Governors Forum by his fellow Govs even though he was one of the youngest amongst them. He won the award for the best Gov in Nigeria about three times and if you’re not satisfied you can google his achievements as Kwara state Gov. I have stayed all my life in Kwara state and I can tell you Saraki is not a saint but he’s by far the best Gov the state has had. He even used his influence to bring the likes of Jay z, mourinho, Akon and other top individuals just to put Kwara on the world map but where he made a mistake was the successor he choose(Gov Fatai) the man messed up everything although most people will say Saraki was controlling him(I don’t know how true that is) On the issue of senate presidency they clearly played politics and Saraki showed Tinubu that he can’t boss people around as he wanted, if three strong parties ACN,CPC and New PDP joined to form APC and CPC has been given the presidential slot, ACN the vice presidential slot and you’re saying people that came from New PDP should still allow an ACN member take the senate presidency and speaker
Please where is that done? If you don’t understand the game that was played please don’t judge anybody, Tinubu wanted to be the Vice Presidental candidate instead of Osibanjo but Saraki stood against him saying APC can’t use a Muslim-Muslim ticket and that was why Tinubu was against Saraki’s bid for senate presidency too, it was just two top politicians playing their game no need for you to start yarning dust if you don’t understand what happened. Winning Kwara was more personal for the APC then political and that was because they knew Saraki was the only one bold enough to stand up against them anytime any day. He was senate president for 4 years and I’m very sure most people started to know how powerful the senate presidency seat was because of Saraki. Unlike most past senate presidents that just dance to the presidency tunes Saraki stood for what he believed in till the last day. People said he was stopping Buhari from making Nigeria better now that he’s no longer there is Nigeria better? Did Buhari implement new policies??
And as for Kwara Rahman is a very honorable man and I respect him a lot, he’s also doing his bit but even Rahman knows he isn’t close to achieving what Saraki achieved anytime soon. Overall Rahman is off to a good but slow start

2 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by focus2727(m): 12:22pm On Sep 16, 2020
Islie:

He said the experience has placed him in a good position to talk about the need for political actors to suppress the desire for power and take side with the survival of the system.

PREMIUM TIMES

Hmmn! he boasted when he defect to PDP that he'll liberate Lagos from the clutch of jagaban. you want to strike in Lagos against 11men defense of jagaban PC and left his micro defense against mega attack of jagaban PC in kwara
he even called Tinubu political terrorist before he realize himself jagaban has score goals that it might take him his life times to equalize.

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by Deepthoughts: 12:52pm On Sep 16, 2020
Islie:

He said the experience has placed him in a good position to talk about the need for political actors to suppress the desire for power and take side with the survival of the system.

PREMIUM TIMES

Will Apc accept electronic voting been agitated for in the new electoral bill?
Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by 4tomandchi: 12:55pm On Sep 16, 2020
Smart guy we miss your opposition with you our democracy was alive now Nigeria is a failed state with no opposition. No opposition party will to fight because everyone is corrupted and our military is now an arm of political parties.
Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by abefeb1(m): 12:55pm On Sep 16, 2020
bashcares:
Still the best thing to happen to both Kwara State and National Assembly.

I believe kwarans are really feeling the heat right now, I know if possible they won't have prayed for this current State government at all...

The otoge movement leaders in kwara are mute now and the masses are suffering more...

God bless you more Oloye...Sai Maigida...

Mr man stop talking like someone in Kwara..the bad road and project abandoned by Saraki and puppet fatai are now been done by the new governor..browse about the one year achievement of the governor...you people saying rubbish ...we will continue to vote against saraki anytime and any day. face your erosion state.
Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by Abdul111: 5:36pm On Sep 16, 2020
abefeb1:

Mr man stop talking like someone in Kwara..the bad road and project abandoned by Saraki and puppet fatai are now been done by the new governor..browse about the one year achievement of the governor...you people saying rubbish ...we will continue to vote against saraki anytime and any day. face your erosion state.
Oga speak for yourself how many people are the “we” I voted for otoge too but Omo if Saraki contests tomorrow I’m voting for him, the senator that now represents Kwara central(oloriegbe) what project has he been able to complete? Does he even come to ilorin at all? At least Saraki was making progress at the National level. You APC people are no better than PDP abeg the only person that has interest of the people at heart is the Gov and that is why rn they are condemning the Gov because he didn’t turn the appointment to National cake as they were expecting

2 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by HRMK: 7:50pm On Sep 16, 2020
keep ur failure with ur kwara and pdp supporters!
Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by bashcares(m): 8:44pm On Sep 16, 2020
Thank you so much for replying that bigot, you can see I didn't reply him cuz he knows nothing about Kwara state and doesn't know that Kwara exist beyond ilorin....apart from the governor who is finding it difficult to rule due to godfatherism please what of Kwara central senator oloriegbe...
I really don't know why some ppl think nairaland is a place to alter gibberish...

Oloye is far better than what kwarans are having now...

Visit barutin, ajase, omuaran, ekiti Kwara, ifelodun and co... Kwara is really something else...

Abdul111:
Oga speak for yourself how many people are the “we” I voted for otoge too but Omo if Saraki contests tomorrow I’m voting for him, the senator that now represents Kwara central(oloriegbe) what project has he been able to complete? Does he even come to ilorin at all? At least Saraki was making progress at the National level. You APC people are no better than PDP abeg the only person that has interest of the people at heart is the Gov and that is why rn they are condemning the Gov because he didn’t turn the appointment to National cake as they were expecting
Re: Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 by bashcares(m): 8:48pm On Sep 16, 2020
Arakunrin omo agbole ibo ni e no ilu ilorin abi Kwara state...do you even know anything about Kwara...apart from ilorin where else have you been in Kwara abi iru kini eleyi sef...

How I wish I can know your place in Kwara,I would have know what to say...

abefeb1:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Mu’azu, NWC Threaten Jonathan’s Aides, Associates - VANGUARD / Malami Announced Kanu's Arrest In Hausa. Later Held Press Conference In English / Kashamu Donates Items To Residents In His House In Ogun State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.