Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee (8381 Views)

EFCC Uncovers 1000 Ghost Workers In Kwara / IPPIS: Joe Abah On "How Ghost Workers Exist In Public Institutions" / Release Names Of 80,115 Police Ghost Workers - Court Orders IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by Duplik8t77(m): 8:42am On Sep 16, 2020
BUSHHUNTER:
More than 75% of workers in all northern local govt are ghost workers...I have been there.

This is very true. I served in Sokoto, some of them even have multiple govt jobs they are ghosting. na aboki dey enjoy govt. na dem corrupt pass

1 Like

Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:53am On Sep 16, 2020
TONIOI:
welcome to naija, even dog name sef dey salary book , no be today grin

slay queens over to you. some ghost in Nigeria are billionaires
Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by 4gunners(m): 8:56am On Sep 16, 2020
dre11:

SOURCE
Normal thing grin grin If you serve in the north you will understand.
Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:58am On Sep 16, 2020
olaolulazio:
Nigeria is a SCAM.

governor be ready to kiss your second 4 years good bye

go and ask okonjo iwela fame?
Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by Honchoslim16(m): 9:06am On Sep 16, 2020
Goddamn mehn!

Scam in every nook and cranny.
Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by ransomed: 9:17am On Sep 16, 2020
Another source of Boko Haram funding.
Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by tonyson010(m): 9:31am On Sep 16, 2020
At local government level in many northern state, inability to speak English cannot be used to disqualify someone. A lot of them at state and Federal level can't speak good English, talk more of local government level where someone who is a cleaner/security/dry cleaners/admin/driver hasn't been to school in his/her life. Some teachers too hardly write and speak English too.

But am disappointed that the state hasn't been able to implement 18500 minimum wage of old, talk more of current 30000.
Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by Pius247(m): 9:38am On Sep 16, 2020
How will the county grow when every body is looking for a way to exercise his/her corrupt practices.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by garfield1: 9:51am On Sep 16, 2020
BUSHHUNTER:
More than 75% of workers in all northern local govt are ghost workers...I have been there.

Same thing down south
Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by TONIOI: 9:53am On Sep 16, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

slay queens over to you. some ghost in Nigeria are billionaires

Even snake wey swallow money sef na ghost worker up till today we no see snake we no see money , animal regime .
Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by crazycrypto710: 10:03am On Sep 16, 2020
It Is truly time to leave this country.
Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by CodeTemplar: 10:07am On Sep 16, 2020
The civil service is just like traditional idol worship.
They intangible gods feed fat on sacrifices while adherents are lean. The unseen ghost workers feed fat at the expense of physically existing people.
Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by Amorprincesa24: 10:08am On Sep 16, 2020
Northerners hardly even go to work but they collect salary. They come up with absurd expenses incurred in the ministry and they still get paid. I served in one of those ministries in the north. The corruption is so tense over there too. Forget that they are mostly uneducated but them get degree for stealing.

There is no check and balance, high rate of Indiscipline, pilfering in those MDA's. Very terrible I must say! I am tired of Nigeria
Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by bigfoot79(m): 10:15am On Sep 16, 2020
This is easy to believe. I served in Borno state l, Damazak. Local Government Area precisely. Way back then, the corruption was already too much. They do not go to work at all, only on payday is when the LGA Secretariat will become an all comers affair. They will come on their donkeys, bikes and cars only to receive salaries they never earned.

Most of them that are actually staffers at the LGA are employment agents: they have names of the ghost workers whose name they use to steal salaries and pay a token to the bearer.

A certain guy had been ont the LGA's payroll for four years (,,back then) before he realized that he was employed ... one other person had been collecting his salary.
These people are terrible

1 Like

Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by cray91(m): 10:44am On Sep 16, 2020
There are more than alot of Ghost workers presently in all Nigeria Government Body, Project, Programme, organization, Ministries and Department

I Learnt This from N-power and NYSC
dre11:

SOURCE
Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by Legendguy(m): 10:54am On Sep 16, 2020
They all started from nysc as ghost corpers jus as the LGi and PPA supervisor are responsible for allowing ghosting to thrive
So also their supervisor In this LGAs should be question for collecting bribe to allow workers to ghost
Cos I see no reason for ghosting if some top workers didn't give them the nod.
Or Is it possible for workers to ghost without the approval or consent of his supervisor or superior?
Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by bejeria101(m): 11:05am On Sep 16, 2020
frankmoney:
Mehn the corruption in this country has eaten deep ,this happens in every single state in this country . I doubt if Nigeria can get rid of corruption honestly

So the clown that claimed he was coming to fight corruption lied abi? Oponu daura.
Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by samdunzo: 12:46pm On Sep 16, 2020
This is why we gotta restructure to regions... too many states waiting money like this
Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by Koko1119: 4:40pm On Sep 16, 2020
It is bcoz of boko haram d fed govt say dey shld b giving local govt dere own money so dey can sponsor dem thinking dey r doing gud to local govt but mean y dey have dem own plane.
Re: Ghost Workers In 19 Borno LGAs Received N1.8 Billion Annually - Committee by FarDowza: 9:31pm On Sep 16, 2020

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Your Service Charge/salary/profit Increase Since 2016? / Does Your Business Define Who You Are? / Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.