Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,232 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? (4878 Views)

When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? / Naija Girls Says Nothing Wrong In Having More Than one Boyfriend... SHOCKING!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? by Tattooboy: 6:22pm On May 05, 2008
@poster
ask Nick Cannon and Prophet Mohammed
Re: Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? by cutensexxy(f): 7:01pm On May 05, 2008
over here in the states we see this everyday so its not a big deal, maybe in naija its frown upon for now but i believe within 3 years you will see more younger guys with older women and there is nothing wrong with it as long as your in love, im 6 yrs older than my boo, im almost 40 he just turned 34 grin
Re: Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? by omoovie(f): 7:07pm On May 12, 2008
Honey if he aint jailbait, it ain't broke so get jiggy with it! Life is too bloody short to not have fun!

Welcome aboard chica!
Re: Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? by NaJaHaJe(f): 8:52pm On May 12, 2008
@topic

Have done that before and will do it again if the guy is mature and strong enough to handle me grin
Re: Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? by vivaladiva(f): 10:45pm On May 12, 2008
WHEN I BECOME MEGA RICH, IF I GET DIVORSED AND WHEN AM ABOUT 50YRS OLD, AM GOING TO GET MY SELF A FEW FINE ARSE YOUNG BRODAS TO SATISFY MY EVRY WIMP ( NO LOVE INVOLVED JUST HANGING OUT ON MY YACHT WATCHING THE SUN SET ON THEIR GORGEOUS BODIES) THATS IF I GET DIVORSED AFTER MARRIGE CALL IT A CONTINGENCY PLAN
Re: Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? by olugbon01(m): 8:16pm On Sep 10, 2009
have tried it b4 but didnt work out but that doesnt mean it cant work 4 u. it just needs really matured minds, agreement btw both parties and deep understanding. its not really about the age
Re: Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? by yme1(f): 8:19pm On Sep 10, 2009
nope i dont think there is anything wrong with it
but i dont like it cause i love dating guys who are yrs older than i am wink
Re: Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? by etayokha(f): 4:32pm On Nov 28, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, wat about if the guy knws about it and still ready to go saying since we are matured and we have being on this, very serious for marriage and the two parties are ready to go ahead, is there anytin to fear about on the family?[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? by kentoplash(m): 5:36pm On Nov 28, 2012
Guys, sincerely there is nothing wrong in it at all. My baby is 21months older than myself, & we are going on very well. She respects me so well. I believe it has to do with d people involved. Age is indeed a number. Don't let it hinder you from "happy ever after" smiley
Re: Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? by drnoel: 5:41pm On Nov 28, 2012
No
Re: Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? by amyg(f): 11:19pm On Nov 28, 2012
I WANT MY DADDY! cry
Re: Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 02, 2012
NaJa HaJe: @topic

Have done that before and will do it again if the guy is mature and strong enough to handle me grin

You are just a Sugar Mummy!
Re: Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? by Lookmanade(m): 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2012
A lot of people may say that age is a state of mind, that a person is only as old as they feel. That is an upbeat and optimistic approach to aging; however the question is if that applies when it comes to relationships? The romantic in me wants to say no. If the two of you love each other, then go for it; love will conquer all. But the pragmatist in me says differently.

It has quite often been acceptable for a male to be the older person in a relationship. Some issues can arise if the opposite happens; that is, a younger man going out or dating an older woman
Women who mainly date much younger men are labeled as "sugar Mummy." A young woman in a relationship with an older man may be labeled either as “aristo” or a “gold digger”. Much meaning may not be attributed to a male being much older because if the male is many years older than the female, it is possible to have a secure and loving relationship in which there is an age difference, if both people involved understand certain issues that may arise and they can work together to resolve them. Although men can father children well into old age, but how will your child feel about having a dad as old as his friend's grandparents?

Whether you find yourself to be the younger or the older person in a relationship, take into account whether your maturity levels match. You may find in life that a fifty year old and a thirty year old can be very similar in regard to their maturity level. This all depends on their life experiences, personal outlooks and goals.
Another aspect to consider is if the age difference will interfere with your own personal goals. Whether you want to concentrate on your career, have children or spend your free time travelling; ask yourself if your partner’s age difference agrees with your way of life. Discuss the future, not just the present situation. Some topics to consider are finances, children, retirement goals and career choices. You may find it very useful to choose a time to sit down and seriously talk about how the age difference may affect your lives one year, five years and possibly twenty years down the road.

I'm not sure if age matters but maturity plays a bigger role. If you are both at the same level and want the same things out of your relationship, then I say go for it. Most things that are worthwhile come with a challenge and age barrier relationship is no different.

The Bottomline is that, It's not the age that's the problem; it's the maturity of both parties. And there are also loads of other factors that affect a relationship. You can't really classify people based on their age, on one hand there are some people who never grow up and on the other there are teenagers who are mature beyond their years. Even a couple with a large age gap could be compatible with each other; it all comes down to their personality.
Source: http://www.iloverelationship.com/2011/04/does-age-difference-matter-in.html
Re: Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? by UncleJJ(m): 6:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
if he's 25 and your 26 no wahala
if he's 25 and your 27 no wahala
if he's 25 and your 28, still no problem
if he's 25 and your 30.... i doubt you could get past his parents..
if he's 35 and your 40 .... its even worse, and your plain just evil.

Their is no problem , in marrying a woman older than you as long as she can still have kids without paying a doctor to stick a proctoscope up her v.j

And, yes - nick cannon case is an exception. Mariah, has taken very good care of herself and has had enviable love life unlike her counterparts.
Re: Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? by KINGwax(m): 10:39pm On Dec 02, 2012
Someone on nairaland with a sensible brain once said:
if a guy of 20yrs approaches a girl of 25yrs, he's bound to receive a slap wit a question like, ' am i your mate?'
now, 5yrs later, when the girl is 30yrs and still searchin, and the guy is 25yrs with his life starting to bloom, you hear d girl say, 'age is jes a number'.
Now, y'all desperate housewives wannabe shld listen up, 'yes, everything is wrong. Go look for ya mate'!!!

1 Like

Re: Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? by Atandav: 12:57pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hope u will not be insulted if ur jnr brother's mate raised ur one leg cme begin dey slam u?

1 Like

Re: Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 04, 2017
In the future, you will end up looking like a Mama while your husband still looks like a Bobo. There is a likelihood of him cheating on you with younger girls. Generally, men prefer younger women while women prefer older men.
Re: Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? by babymine(f): 7:51am On Aug 21, 2018
In the future, you will end up looking like a Mama while your husband still looks like a Bobo. There is a likelihood of him cheating on you with younger girls. Generally, men prefer younger women while women prefer older men.

cheesy grin
Re: Anything Wrong In Dating A Man Younger Than You? by romenna: 9:07am On Aug 21, 2018
I kinda dislike dis ish

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Only: Has A Woman Ever Handled You Like This Before? (photo) / My Girlfriend Thinks I'm Boring / Why Do Broke Couples And Irresponsible Individuals Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.