Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

COVID-19: Reddington Zaine Offers Free Medicare For Lagos Air Travellers - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Reddington Zaine Offers Free Medicare For Lagos Air Travellers (9660 Views)

NIMR Offers Free Coronavirus Testing In Yaba, Lagos / Coronavirus: Reddington Hospital Patient Tests Negative / How Lagos Air Quality Is Very Unhealthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Reddington Zaine Offers Free Medicare For Lagos Air Travellers by BigBashiru: 10:44am On Sep 18, 2020
tot:

No one is saying there isn't a problem, my point is stop GENERALISING which you are still doing!

In the sciences, you can actually generalize a population using empirical data/ results. If there are 100 hospitals in Nigeria and 70 of them are poorly run, you can generalize based on this statistic that hospitals in Nigeria are poorly run - it is a statistically correct statement.
Re: COVID-19: Reddington Zaine Offers Free Medicare For Lagos Air Travellers by tot(f): 10:50am On Sep 18, 2020
BigBashiru:

In the sciences, you can actually generalize a population using empirical data/ results. If there are 100 hospitals in Nigeria and 70 of them are poorly run, you can generalize based on this statistic that hospitals in Nigeria are poorly run - it is a statistically correct statement.

This is not sciences, this is LIFE. Statements like yours are what fuel stereotypes, leading to racism and several other problems.

I am not interested in a back and forth, I have made my point and stick to it.
Re: COVID-19: Reddington Zaine Offers Free Medicare For Lagos Air Travellers by BigBashiru: 11:04am On Sep 18, 2020
tot:

This is not sciences, this is LIFE. Statements like yours are what fuel stereotypes, leading to racism and several other problems.

If you want racism to end then make Nigeria be like India, China or western Europe and racism will automatically end. even the nigerian elite fly to uk for medical treatment - isnt that mental submission/ admission that their healthcare system and by direct/ indirect implication race is better?
Ok no more back and forth we have both made our points....
Re: COVID-19: Reddington Zaine Offers Free Medicare For Lagos Air Travellers by tot(f): 11:10am On Sep 18, 2020
BigBashiru:

If you want racism to end then make Nigeria be like India, China or western Europe and racism will automatically end. even the nigerian elite fly to uk for medical treatment - isnt that mental submission/ admission that their healthcare system and by direct/ indirect implication race is better?
Ok no more back and forth we have both made our points....

FYI, Asians (Indians, Chinese) face racism in Europe - that is why the term BAME exists, so there goes your argument!
Re: COVID-19: Reddington Zaine Offers Free Medicare For Lagos Air Travellers by seborrhic: 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2020
tot:

You go to Reddington for eg and they ask you to deposit N1million for treatment.Your bill at the end comes to a million plus at least.
Then u go to Luth pay 50k just above 100k for the same kind of medical issue,yet u are castigating Luth.
Sense is after all not that cheap.
Re: COVID-19: Reddington Zaine Offers Free Medicare For Lagos Air Travellers by tot(f): 12:23pm On Sep 18, 2020
seborrhic:

You go to Reddington for eg and they ask you to deposit N1million for treatment.Your bill at the end comes to a million plus at least.
Then u go to Luth pay 50k just above 100k for the same kind of medical issue,yet u are castigating Luth.
Sense is after all not that cheap.

Don't mind him. No one is saying things can't be better even with the pricing gap. It's the generalisation I found very annoying. Every small thing, black race this, black race that.
Re: COVID-19: Reddington Zaine Offers Free Medicare For Lagos Air Travellers by frog12: 12:49pm On Sep 18, 2020
i THOUGHT reddington is owned by nigerians... yoruba doctors?

BigBashiru:

Reddington hospital and their lab is managed by oyinbos and Indians - And you can see the difference. Foreigners offer free tests but the black man says no money no treatment even in emdrgencies - happens at LUTH every day. Black man change thr ways to come out of 3rd world country status....
Re: COVID-19: Reddington Zaine Offers Free Medicare For Lagos Air Travellers by AredLowes: 8:10am On Mar 26, 2021
That's an amazing new for us, I think that they thought in a strategical way. So those travelers which will reach our country, will be automatically tested or treat them in case of need. I consider that Medicare is a really big system and they are super developed, so they can cure almost all the diseases that exist at the moment. They even have a coding system for those diseases which have long names or impossible to pronounce. Recently I've read on http://www.medicalbillingcptmodifiers.com/p/list-of-cpt-hcpcs-modifiers.html. This site contains more information about this systme, and it seems really interesting to me. So I consider that, at least a minority of us should know about that, as we are involved in such a system.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beware Fake Skineal Compound Ketoconazole Cream / What Is Gaurapad Anti Toxin. Lagos Nigeria / COVID-19 Update For December 9 2020 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.