Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! (3236 Views)

Apologize To Nigerians For 'booing' Buhari - NANS Tells National Assembly / Uche Secondus Must Apologize For Civil War Comparison Immediately / Nigerians On Facebook Apologize To GEJ For Voting Against Him In 2015 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! by GallantDuke(m): 11:45am On Sep 17, 2020
jagorinho:

Have you been to Agodi Gate Ibadan motor spare part market?
I am not disputing the fact that there are Yoruba spare parts dealers in Yoruba land neither am I saying that the Igbos have the monopoly of spare parts market in the SW. My point is that the Igbos holds sway in the spare parts in the SW.

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! by ScotMisile: 12:49pm On Sep 17, 2020
UNAPOLOGETICALLY IGBO!!!.... Allow us boast for now, we need am. If we failed at 20pounds you guys would've been the on s boasting.

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! by ibechris(m): 1:31pm On Sep 17, 2020
Karlovich:
We iboes sincerely apologise for starting the war, our warlord deceived us and as we were losing he abandoned us and fled to ivory coast. We are genuinely sorry, Nigerians please forgive us

U are not even igbo let alone yoruba. So,continue to hate we don't care.

I am proud of being igbo,if there is after life on earth,I shall request to come back as an igbo man.

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! by PeaceNexus(m): 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2020
I Will say it anywhere, I have meticulously thought through any other possible tribe to have chosen from if I am denied my Igboness ...guess what...THERE IS NON! All my children will be known by their Igbo names....I mean all
Awol1:
Someone asked me, is it really true that after the civil war, Nigeria made a law and the only thing Igbos were entitled to was 20 pounds, no matter how much they had in the bank? The answer is yes. It was so cruel that sane people would doubt it.

It was intended to create a generational almajiric poverty pandemic but it failed, we reached deep down our inner man, "perspire to acquire" and we rose.

What that meant is this, averagely, Igbos were rendered so poor, so miserable that they had to start afresh with just 20 pounds in 1970, immediately after the civil war.

But today, if you must maintain over 80% of the cars in Nigeria, you are over 90% sure of paying to Igbos as they are everywhere providing your car spare parts needs; from 20 pounds we rose!

Today, if there are 4 Nigerians in diaspora making Nigeria proud, in invention, in academics, in every human endeavor, you are 95% sure that 2 out of the 4 are Igbos; from 20 pounds, we rose!

Today, if you must build, you are over 70% certain of paying to Igbos, as they are scattered everywhere rendering services of making building materials available; from 20 pounds, we rose!

Today, if you feel too good with yourself that you want to change your electronics, ICT gadgets, phones, and etc, there are over 50% chances you will be paying the Igbos, from 20 pounds, we rose!

Today, probably looking at half of your wardrobe, there are 50% chances you paid directly or indirectly to Igbos, from 20 pounds, we rose!

Today, if you are tired of government failed healthcare system, there are 50% chances that your need of private medical care will be provided by Igbos, from 20 pounds, we rose!

Today, if you are able to afford your medications provided by indigenous pharmaceutical firms as against the CUT-THROAT price of multi national brands, there are over 70% chances that Igbos are meeting your needs, from 20 pounds, we rose!

If you must watch movies, there are over 70% chances that we will be on your faces, from 20 pounds, we rose!

If you must watch Nigeria entertain you with football as national pride, there are over 60% chances that Igbos are the one making you happy, from 20 pounds, we rose!

If your Olympic team must make sense, there are about 50% chances that you have embraced Igbos, from 20 pounds, we rose!

See, you can no longer destroy Igbos without rendering Nigeria eternally colourless. Yes, you can't destroy Igbos again.

They say we boast and gloat, if your ancestors passed through what ours passed through and in a little above 5 decades, you rose to where we are, your boast will be more than ours. Besides, boasting is not a "sin" punishable by death, hate or hunting down.

We are no longer begging for survival, we are stamping our feet that we will no longer apologise for being Igbos.

You might not like our boasts, you might not like our noise, is that not little a price for the colour we add to Nigeria?

Look around you, tell me the truth, if Igbos are removed from your immediate environment, how colourful will that your environment still be? Your doctor, your football star, movie star, pharmacist, pharmacy, private hospital, petty traders, spare parts supplier, building material supplier, music stars, cloth and shoe makers...etc?

We add colour to Nigeria...We are PROUDLY Igbo.

We are not actually a problem, we are largely a pool of solution.

We are Igbos, we survived the Nigerian Holocaust and Genocide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! by Christistruth00: 1:50pm On Sep 17, 2020
helinues:

Chinedu, let me repeat my question.

Who do Igbo love? Which person, which tribe

The question you should have asked is how come IPOB have spent the last 6 years insulting every tribe in Nigeria daily with all their might from morning till night calling them Zoo animals ,Cows and Slaves even operating a radio station to broadcast the insults Nationwide if you truely love NIgerians with all your hearts as you suggest ?.

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! by Cjrane2: 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2020
The op isn't Igbo. Whatever his snares for this thread is his headache.

However he is right. Its either Nigeria wants Igbos as a true part of it, or igbos will eventually leave no matter how hard or propaganda employed by Nigeria.

Freedom is a basic human instinct and universal human right.
Re: We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! by xelly: 2:57pm On Sep 17, 2020
Nigerians are hard working people. The problem we have are our leaders, illiteracy, Tribesman etc.

If we put round pegs in round holes, we will solve 90% of our problems.
We don't know how to answer questions or should I say, we lobby in everything and that is hypocrisy. I watched lycon answer questions yesterday and I understood how most Nigerians are. We hate to say things for what they are and that is why our president, the governors and the local government chairmen turnout to be total failure after their tenure in office. We find it difficult to stand for something. "This is wrong and I am against it" we will not speak but deep down, we know it is wrong "Kano State for instance" Do we now habe Constitutionor law bigger than the Nigeria constitution? Why are the elites in the North not talking? Why is the Nigeria law makers not talking? Hope if it is Nnamdi Kanu he will be allowed to practice his Biafra and not termed enemy of the state or with some plans to overthrow the constitution?

Let the truth be said

North, Islam or Muslims have divided Nigeria and are against the constitution of the federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! by xelly: 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2020
BabaRamota19800:
[s][/s]

I wonder why this topic came up. If I know that my investment will yield profit in any remote village Nigeria, I will invest there. The reason why we are the way we are is because of the Tribesman mentality we have.

I wonder if this is obtainable in other productive countries. We need a leader that will unify Nigeria or fragment it.

I hate to be called by my tribe when I have a country.
Re: We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! by Ngorbungor(m): 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
superlightning:

That's impressive considering the fact that you are talking about ilorin, kwara state.

Compare that to the igbos in top commercial centres in Nigeria - Lagos, Portharcourt, Kaduna, Abuja. I'm not even including the southeast zone.

The average igbo is more comfortable than any other nigerian.

Don't mind that guy, he is using Offa, why not use Ilorin, he even said Yorubas outnumber igbos in spare parts and bookshops, nothing man no go see
Re: We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! by Smoke55: 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2020
OkutaNla:

Dude, I think sometimes we Yorubas need to resist the urge to rebut some of their crap because by now it has become well established that they say these things from a deep seated sense of inferiority. That inferiority complex is what pushes them to constantly feel the need to revalidate their self-worth by chest beating, embellishing, and exaggerating their successes. Nothing wey igbo man achieve today (whether at home or abroad) wey Yoruba man, another Nigerian, or another African never already achieve before am. I repeat, nothing. If you research deep enough you will realize this. Just allow them chest-beat in peace abeg.
you Are The One Suffering From Inferiority Complex,the Op Never Mentioned Yoruba Or Sw In His Write Up,why Are U Taking It Too Personal? Is Yoruba The Only Tribe In Nigeria? Abeg Pack Well Joor!! Igbo Amaka!!

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! by Ngenge(m): 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2020
PeaceNexus:
I Will say it anywhere, I have meticulously thought through any other possible tribe to have chosen from if I am denied my Igboness ...guess what...THERE IS NON! All my children will be known by their Igbo names....I mean all
Re: We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! by Ngenge(m): 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2020
[quote author=Ngenge post=94022008][/quote]You are right
Re: We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! by GidiCars: 4:37pm On Sep 17, 2020
All these Igbos like making noise. The day secession happens is the day you'll know how empty they are. Nonsense kiss

Re: We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! by Sunepal13(m): 4:44pm On Sep 17, 2020
Igbos are everywhere. Proudly Igbo.
Re: We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! by Ibadanpikin: 4:46pm On Sep 17, 2020
Sammy07:
OP firstly some of your assumptions are wrong in Southwest.

it may Applied to other regions.
Both Igbos and Yorubas are engaged in spare parts, ICT gadgets, electronics, phones, building materials, aluminum, clothes, phones, shoes, book shops, drugs, pharmacist, etc

So your percentages are wrong in SW, because I can confidently say Yorubas outnumbered Igbos in selling of those materials in SW only.

NB: I've not been to Lagos, so I'm not sure of the percentage.

Cc: Awol
U lie igbos control electronics,ict in iwo road and Dugbe Ibadan.
Re: We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! by GidiCars: 4:55pm On Sep 17, 2020
wizzakosh:
Show anywhere we claimed to be Americans we are Yorubas, our land is better than yours, so why should we go there.
Hehehe, yes, thank God it is only skull we mine mine, while the world knows you people mine all the whole body, including the skull.

You people are the ones claiming Israel. I ask again, how many Americans do you see in Nigeria

End of discussion. Mumu people asking why people don't come to their lands. Economic refugees who are running away from their lands want others to go their so they can own the lands.

Secession is around the corner and Biafrans would be foreigners in the Oodua nation. I'd Igbo land was all and that, why do they run away enmasse. OPC would be a joke compared to what's coming to foreigners in the SW when the time comes.
They won't tell you how they started the first coup, and were chanting "nzobu nzobu" on other people's lands. They betrayed the movement right from inception and still want others to trust them. Like I said earlier, the day secession happens, you'll find out how empty they are.

Re: We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 17, 2020
superlightning:

Seun osewa ain't a tribalist like you if your chestbeating is as regards nairaland being owned by a yoruba....lol... without igbo, I doubt if nairaland will remain NAIRAland.

focus rather on the dangers of skull mining or high toll of father-daughter rape saga or fraudsters like hushpuppi....my two cents
Yes, just like China does not remain because of Igbo.

Mumu, don't we see how your biafrasay remains with Igbos .
Re: We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! by DerideGull(m): 11:32pm On Sep 17, 2020
Karlovich:
We iboes sincerely apologise for starting the war, our warlord deceived us and as we were losing he abandoned us and fled to ivory coast. We are genuinely sorry, Nigerians please forgive us

It is only in the world of fools that someone can remotely insinuate Igbo started the war in Nigeria.
Re: We Will No Longer Apologize For Being Igbos! by DerideGull(m): 11:38pm On Sep 17, 2020
GidiCars:
All these Igbos like making noise. The day secession happens is the day you'll know how empty they are. Nonsense kiss

My grandfather told me that a child who called his\her mother ugly equally called his\her father a fool. One wonders the depth of your forbearer's intellect who fought to stop the secession in 1967.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Remembering The Disastrous Sokoto Rescue Mission Conducted By Nigerian Army / Sunday Igboho Fulfil Pledge, Chase Fulani Out - Video / BREAKING: Explosion, Gunshots Rock Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.