Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. (4761 Views)

Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown / Dr. Chidubem Obi Graduates With 5.0 GP In A Russian University / A Russian Artist Turns Dirt Into Works Of Art.(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Missyajoke(f): 8:55am On Sep 17, 2020
In the middle of a forest outside of Moscow sits a home that looks unlike any other. Nicknamed "The Spaceship House," the futuristic-looking structure is the only private home designed by legendary architect Zaha Hadid, who died in 2016. It was commissioned by Russian-born billionaire Vladislav Doronin, a real-estate developer and owner of luxury resort brand Aman.

Doronin's 36,000-square-foot home, which he calls the "Capital Hill Residence," sits in the Barvikha Forest outside of Moscow and features a master bedroom perched atop a narrow tower more than 100 feet in the air. The lower part of the home, which is partially underground, includes a 65-foot swimming pool, a spa, and a nightclub, Doronin told the Financial Times in 2018.

Source:https://www.businessinsider.com/zaha-hadid-spaceship-house-russia-billionaire-home-2020-9?IR=T#but-most-of-the-home-actually-sits-partially-underground-as-it-was-built-into-sloping-ground-8

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by SocialJustice: 8:56am On Sep 17, 2020
Calling money any how.

1 Like

Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Missyajoke(f): 8:59am On Sep 17, 2020
The final product turned out very similar to Hadid's napkin sketches, Doronin said.
"She wanted this skinny leg," he told the Times. "The contractors and engineers said, 'We can't do this' — but she was right."

2 Likes

Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Missyajoke(f): 9:00am On Sep 17, 2020
Atop the "skinny leg" sits the home's master bedroom, elevated about 100 feet in the air among the trees.

2 Likes

Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Missyajoke(f): 9:00am On Sep 17, 2020
When discussing the designs for the home, Doronin told Hadid, "I want to wake up in the morning and I want to just see blue sky. I don't want to see any neighbors and I want to feel free."

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Missyajoke(f): 9:01am On Sep 17, 2020
Inside the tower's supporting column is a glass elevator and staircase.

1 Like

Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Missyajoke(f): 9:03am On Sep 17, 2020
But most of the home actually sits partially underground, as it was built into sloping ground.

1 Like

Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Missyajoke(f): 9:03am On Sep 17, 2020
Inside, the residence spans more than 36,000 square feet — but Doronin has only released a single photo of the interior.

Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Kriss216: 9:04am On Sep 17, 2020
I want to wake up in the morning and I want to just see blue sky. I don't want to see any neighbors and I want to feel free."

I just wish I can be like this man. I'm tired of hearing, Neighbour abeg help me with salt cry

12 Likes

Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Missyajoke(f): 9:04am On Sep 17, 2020
The home includes multiple exterior terraces.

2 Likes

Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Missyajoke(f): 9:05am On Sep 17, 2020
A bird's eye view of the home shows off its unique shape.

3 Likes

Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by GolDRoger: 9:06am On Sep 17, 2020
angry
Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Galactico4ever(m): 9:20am On Sep 17, 2020
What a wow!
Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Siberia01(m): 9:49am On Sep 17, 2020
cool
misplaced priority
that money would have been used to lift 70% of Russians wallowing in poverty..
how many people in russia can afford such

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Ahmed0336(m): 10:16am On Sep 17, 2020
Kriss216:

I just wish I can be like this man. I'm tired of hearing, Neighbour abeg help me with salt cry

Chris abeg EPP me with Maggi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Openbusiness: 10:24am On Sep 17, 2020
Nawa oh shocked
Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Bigbishung(m): 10:37am On Sep 17, 2020
when money dey u fit even live inside water for oceon.after God na government,after government na money,after money na woman... bigbishung
Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by dynicks(m): 10:39am On Sep 17, 2020
Kriss216:

or ah neighbour u on gen!!?....abeg make I come charge my phone......

Or ah neighbour! Welcome oo! Be like say u been travel?... welcome; wetin u carry come back naw? undecided

2 Likes

Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by lowkeybahdguy(m): 10:39am On Sep 17, 2020
Siberia01:
cool
misplaced priority
that money would have been used to lift 70% of Russians wallowing in poverty..
how many people in russia can afford such

na you help am work him money? abi him tell you say he wan lift 70% of Russians from poverty? how many people dangote, tinubu and uzor kalu Don lift from poverty for their villages??..

9 Likes

Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 17, 2020
lowkeybahdguy:

na you help am work him money? abi him tell you say he wan lift 70% of Russians from poverty? how many people dangote, tinubu and uzor kalu Don lift from poverty for their villages??..
Leave am.
Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Gosj001: 11:07am On Sep 17, 2020
Money dey o

I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery. Details on my signature
Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Thermodynamics(m): 11:08am On Sep 17, 2020
Bigbishung:
when money dey u fit even live inside water for oceon.after God na government,after government na money,after money na woman... bigbishung

Which one be government?
After God na Money, and after Money na still money.
To some extent sef money de wan compete with God.

2 Likes

Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Siberia01(m): 11:16am On Sep 17, 2020
lowkeybahdguy:

[s]na you help am work him money? abi him tell you say he wan lift 70% of Russians from poverty? how many people dangote, tinubu and uzor kalu Don lift from poverty for their villages??..[/s]
cool that won't change the fact that Russians are poor
Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Birdeyeview: 11:47am On Sep 17, 2020
Siberia01:
cool [s]that won't change the fact that Russians are poor [/s]

You left your beloved country to talk about Russia

6 Likes

Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by kpakpankolo: 11:54am On Sep 17, 2020
on behalf of Slawormi:
Damn it nigar

is allright
Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by rasheedatt(f): 11:56am On Sep 17, 2020
Hmm God
Meanwhile small cash is stopping me from running my projects
Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by gotnel: 11:58am On Sep 17, 2020
Imagination is the master of creativity. If you imagine it, you can create it.
Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Alkheira(m): 12:08pm On Sep 17, 2020
Those fools up there don't know a thing about Russia , Russia is way different from how its been portrayed in movies and media
Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by sunshineV(f): 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2020
Thermodynamics:

Which one be government?
After God na Money, and after Money na still money.
To some extent sef money de wan compete with God.
e be like say after money na money den family den god. if u poor e dey hard 2 praise god but if money full bank if dem ask u hox u do am u go say na god o
Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2020
Siberia01:
cool misplaced priority that money would have been used to lift 70% of Russians wallowing in poverty.. how many people in russia can afford such
Shut up there, is it your money?
to think Ur types will do worst than this, if you are rich.
Re: The $140 Million 'spaceship House' In A Russian Forest. by Vyzz: 12:43pm On Sep 17, 2020
shocked

The house ain't costly sef....

If I have a chance to live forever... My home will be the space... Just travelling with my Raza-like spaceship forever....

(1) (2) (Reply)

updated:52 Amazing Facts You Will Love / Jamb Result Is Out 2021 - Top Known Score / RELIGIOUS TENSION: We Don't Want Christian Workers Again In Our University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.