Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' (53530 Views)

Man Flogged For Stealing A Bunch Of Plantain In Bayelsa Community (Photos) / Man Flogged For Raping A 12-Year-Old Girl In Lekki Phase 1, Lagos / Old Man Flogged For Raping A Little Girl In The North (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by NaijaCover(m): 11:51am On Sep 17, 2020
Update From . COM

A man has accused soldiers of beating him up for expressing his right to freedom of speech, Reports.

From The Information Gathered By , Samson Etumudon shared a photo of his swollen back with a red whip mark and explained that he was flogged by soldiers in Benin, along Airport road.

When asked what he said to anger the soldiers, he said that he was in a car when the soldiers tried to board the vehicle, Reports.

He explained that the soldiers, who were dressed in mufti, looked into the car then commented that he is a criminal looking for who to "run". Not knowing that they are soldiers, he said he hit back at them, asking if he has "run" them before.

The soldiers entered the vehicle then when they got to the front of their base, they got down from the car and dragged him down before assaulting him.

Read His Narration in Pidgin English, As Obtained By Below:

Dis was wat soldiers did to me in Benin along Airport road for freedom of speech not insult oo pls beware of them

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3333468256722285&id=100001774307191

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by BeSpect(f): 11:53am On Sep 17, 2020
Speechless.
Why are security personnel so harsh and ruthless to the citizens?

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Simplyleo: 11:54am On Sep 17, 2020
Go shout at a soldier man and when he treat your fvck up, run to social media and start posting. Na you still dey feel the pain.

From his head, I know say na dem.

38 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by kessling: 11:55am On Sep 17, 2020
Aboki soldiers flogging southerners while soldiers of southern origin being killed in the north by militant groups because of sabotage. There is God

183 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Simplyleo: 11:56am On Sep 17, 2020
BeSpect:
Speechless.

Why are security personnel so harsh and ruthless to the citizens?
Forget it, the dude is not innocent. I have seen his types shouting at soldiers on several occasions even without provocation.

24 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by NaijaCover(m): 11:59am On Sep 17, 2020
Simplyleo:

Forget it, the dude is not innocent. I have seen his types shouting at soldiers on several occasions even without provocation.

Is Still Crying, Till This Moment When I Saw This Image On Facebook.
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Enudapan: 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2020
Nna eh! No qualms
This unsophisticated
The solider is not an Odogwu
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by slivertongue: 12:49pm On Sep 17, 2020
irresponsible extortionist called soldiers

9 Likes

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 17, 2020
Let him take the case up and those culprits should be dismissed.. we don't need such people in our military uniforms.. they can only mess with Nigerians who don't know how to exercise their right..

Being a security personnel doesn't give you the right to maltreat a civilian and do as you please..

By the time he takes this up.. it will serve as a lesson to others especially this young recruit wey power dey shack them

23 Likes

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by BlackfireX: 3:40pm On Sep 17, 2020
This small mark.....
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Tonyspecial(m): 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2020
Lol grin
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Breastfeed: 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2020
na wa, actually there is no freedom of speech in this country
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Arrewa: 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2020
Freedom of speech for this Naija way we dey?
grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by wonuks(m): 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2020
Chai dem carry am go their base before assaulting him. It's well. Who dey fight soldier brutality matter for Nigeria? Nobody I guess

4 Likes

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Dpsychologist: 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2020
In Nigeria there is no freedom of speech. Forget what you see in the constitution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by mosho2good: 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2020
except if u are a lawyer but as an ordinary citizens any force won't accept either u are right or wrong.

last I go leave this country and relocate to haiti

1 Like

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by NOC1(m): 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2020
This country is just a joke, the level of abuse civilians get from law enforcement agencies is appalling, they Carry themselves like god because God is not arrogant.

The dehumanize, abuse and torture the citizens they claim they are watching over.

One little thing they are provoked and shout like hungry frustrated animal.

Yesterday when I was coming back I went to a bakery near my house to get sardine bread, there I saw a military lady, I admired her and said Pretty officer how are you doing?

This lady begin shout, I knew if I don’t bring her to level of nothing she will shine with me, na him I calm down and said young lady stop ranting, I admired you in the uniform and you are flaring up, I assume you had a rough day.

Luckily for me I was able to manage the atomic bomb that was about to make its way to the air.

She then apologized for her rash behavior and we moved on.

19 Likes

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2020
Cha E!
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Mohayemi(m): 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2020
Ok

4 Likes

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by ecolime(m): 3:46pm On Sep 17, 2020
Simplyleo:

Hmm

Were you there? E fit be you tomorrow oo

16 Likes

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Kobicove(m): 3:46pm On Sep 17, 2020
mosho2good:
except if u are a lawyer but as an ordinary citizens any force won't accept either u are right or wrong.

last I go leave this country and relocate to haiti

Trust me Haiti is as bad if not worse than Nigeria!

5 Likes

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by espn(m): 3:46pm On Sep 17, 2020
Idiot not saying the entire truth...Nigga is a confirm cultists abeg. Mumu go form give soldier...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Kennitrust(m): 3:46pm On Sep 17, 2020
Freedom after speech is what matter in this country

Lol
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by etrange: 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2020
This is sad. I don't think the story is complete cause a soldier cannot just look inside a bus and call you a criminal out of nowhere. There must have been some disagreement prior to that and the fact that this man carefully cut that out is suspicious. However, regardless of the disagreement, it is not in the place of soldiers to humiliate anyone that disagrees with them on a personal grounds. It is an abuse of power and such can only happen in a lawless society. Just imagine what they did to a fellow human being. The sad thing is that most people onhere do not even know how a working society should be.

SweetHearted:
Women like this news.

They like to hear that a man was flogged on the back.

E dey sweet dem well well for body.

Women, women, women! Everything is not about women, dude!

3 Likes

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2020
Women like this news.

They like to hear that a man was flogged on the back.

E dey sweet dem well well for body.
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by cutedharmee: 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin(
BlackfireX:
This small mark.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by 4tomandchi: 3:48pm On Sep 17, 2020
It's only a tin line that separates stupidity from madness he got what he deserved...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Uploading Married Woman’s Nude Video On Social Media (pic) / Cultists Who Beheaded ABSU Students Arrested - Photo / Items Found On Female Kidnapper Burnt To Death In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.