Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) (47663 Views)

Delta Police Show Of Force Over IPOB’s Threat Of Enforcing Sit At Home / Air Force Officer Fights A Policeman Who Tried Extorting Bike Rider / Civil Defense Officer Fights With Policemen Over Rifle(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by Babtech001: 12:57pm On Sep 17, 2020
A naval officer on Wednesday clashed with Lagos task force operatives by Ikeja along for using the BRT lane, Igbere TV reports.

The governor’s chief press secretary Gboyega Akosile shared a video of the incident on Twitter.

The unnamed naval officer was, according to Mr Akosile, warned to desist from using the BRT lane but he insisted a car behind him driven by a woman be allowed to follow him.

Igbere TV reports that the officer allegedly punctured his own tyre in a scuffle with the taskforce operatives who refused to allow the other car follow him.

“They told they could only allow him-they were fair enough. The next thing the Naval officer did was to bring out a dagger, threatened our men, created a scene by puncturing his own tyre to make the lane impassable for the BRT buses. He was arrested with the 2 vehicles,” Akosile said.

Watch the video here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WGF_Z-VXTo

https://igberetvnews.com/1364898/naval-officer-fights-lagos-task-force-brt-lane-video/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by OhBiafra: 1:05pm On Sep 17, 2020
How come there are so many other vehicles on the so called BRT lane?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by osamz007: 1:05pm On Sep 17, 2020
VERY USELESS COUNTRY

IF ITS NOT

POLICE VS ARMY

IT'S SARS VS EFCC

BLOODY FOOLS

103 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by myBraine: 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2020
Imagine?

Prior to me watching the YouTube video above, I initially thought that the naval officer was guilty of the allegation issued against him but after perusing the video content, it came to my realization that the task officers were suffering from intellectual superiority.

Knowing fully well that the officer was a loner as at the time of the incident, they preyed on him by taking advantage of that and exploited him in groups.

He is a military man for crying out loud. Maneuvering his way through BRT lane shouldn't be the bone of contention. Lagos roads are usually busy and this man has to reach his destination on time (mostly for the sake of bloody civilians).

For those of us that have been privileged to travel by air before, we violently and ridiculously trespassed international airspace just to reach our desired countries on time. Now, imagine if those countries we trespassed on began firing us missiles from their military airbase, how many of us will still be alive today?

I am standing with this Naval officer, not because I am a military or a paramilitary man but solely because I am a man with an eccentric mindset and a functioning brain.

114 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by slivertongue: 1:14pm On Sep 17, 2020
bunch of illiterate persons in uniform

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by SIRRITE: 1:17pm On Sep 17, 2020
Government should pack all this securities personal to fight bokoharam, they should leave our peacefull road and streets for us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by heendrix(m): 1:39pm On Sep 17, 2020
myBraine:
Imagine?

Prior to me watching the YouTube video above, I initially thought that the narval officer was guilty of the allegation issued against him but after perusing the video content, it came to my realization that the task officers were suffering from intellectual superiority.

Knowing fully well that the officer was a loner as at the time of the incident, they preyed on him by taking advantage of that and exploited him in groups.

He is a military man for crying out loud. Maneuvering his way through BRT lane shouldn't be the topic of discussion . Lagos roads are usually busy and this man has to reach his destination on time.

For those of us that has been privileged to travel by air, we violently trespass international airspace just to reach our desired countries on time. Now, imagine if those countries we trespassed on began firing us missiles from their military airbase, how many of us will still be alive today?

I am standing with this Naval officer, not because I am a military or a paramilitary man but solely because I am a man with an eccentric mindset and a functioning brain.

Exactly knowing full well it won't be easy to call for back up being Lagos cause of traffic and all

Police are bunch of nothing good I can qualify them with

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by Enudapan: 3:25pm On Sep 17, 2020
Nna eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated
Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by ForeThinker: 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2020
Relax. You will become an adult. You will figure out your career. You will find someone who loves you. You have a whole lifetime; time takes time.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by ForeThinker: 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2020
I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by kolafijo: 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2020
I don't Kn why uniform guys in Nigeria think they're above the law

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by Lamasta(m): 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
The unnamed naval officer was, according to Mr Akosile, warned to desist from using the BRT lane but he insisted a car behind him driven by a woman be allowed to follow him.

Even if he is the COAS must he brake the law in the first place Actions like this is part of the reason this nation is not making progress...

BRT lane is for BRT buses used by the masses.

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by Xisnin(m): 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
myBraine:
Imagine?

Prior to me watching the YouTube video above, I initially thought that the narval officer was guilty of the allegation issued against him but after perusing the video content, it came to my realization that the task officers were suffering from intellectual superiority.

He is a military man for crying out loud. Maneuvering his way through BRT lane shouldn't be the topic of discussion. Lagos roads are usually busy and this man has to reach his destination on time (mostly for the sake of bloody civilians).

For those of us that has been privileged to travel by air before, we violently and ridiculously trespassed international airspace just to reach our desired countries on time. Now, imagine if those countries we trespassed on began firing us missiles from their military airbase, how many of us will still be alive today?

You don't deserve to be part of any sane military organization.
You should be dishonorably discharged if you are still active as you are a potential
threat to the country and its inhabitants.

One day we will be able to weed out cowardly unfit elements who only cares about
assaulting their "inferiors" from our security forces.

It is even a shame that they initially gave the idiot who was on a "woman assignment" a pass.
And what did he do with it? He bacame more entitled and arrogant.

Would they have allowed any other road user to violate BRT rules without consequences?

139 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by wellmax(m): 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
Good he was arrested. These uniform men can be so callous

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by Gosj01(m): 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
Hmm

I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery

Details on my signature

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by Mowsid(m): 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
Lagos Task Force too dea claim right as if na them get Eko

3 Likes

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by adioolayi(m): 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2020
OhBiafra:
How come there are so many other vehicles on the so called BRT lane?

Read...Read ..don't just rush to comment

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by MovieplugPH(m): 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2020
Na wa oh
Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by magicminister: 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2020
myBraine:
Imagine?

He is a military man for crying out loud. Maneuvering his way through BRT lane shouldn't be the topic of discussion. Lagos roads are usually busy and this man has to reach his destination on time (mostly for the sake of bloody civilians).

For those of us that has been privileged to travel by air before, we violently and ridiculously trespassed international airspace just to reach our desired countries on time. Now, imagine if those countries we trespassed on began firing us missiles from their military airbase, how many of us will still be alive today?

I d disagree with your reasoning sha!
Anyway, a Naval officer operating in civilian environment should abide by civilian rules. The only place you get authority na for your barracks and not outside. The problem is that these men of armed security groups tend to want to illegally exercise their hitherto legal authority in a civilian environment through intimidation.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by gungab(m): 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2020
Common Meeeenh
Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2020
Nawa o
Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by adioolayi(m): 3:29pm On Sep 17, 2020
myBraine:
Imagine?

Read the allegations...this time slowly. Ensure you read the entire report till the end. You will understand

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by wellmax(m): 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2020
myBraine:
I[s]magine?

I am standing with this Naval officer, not because I am a military or a paramilitary man but solely because I am a man with an eccentric mindset and a functioning brain[/s].

Rubbish

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by Xisnin(m): 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2020
adioolayi:

Read the allegations...this time slowly. Ensure you read the entire report till the end. You will understand
He read it.
He is angry that a "millitary" man was challenged.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by Mindlog: 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2020
Mentally deranged person in Naval uniform.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by wellmax(m): 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2020
heendrix:

Exactly knowing full well it won't be easy to call for back up being Lagos cause of traffic and all

Police are bunch of nothing good I can qualify them with

Back up for breaking the law. You guys are so shameless and idiotic

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by jpworld(m): 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2020
Lagos should just scrab the nonsense brt lane, more cars are in Lagos, why create a special lane for a bus less than 1% of total cars in Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by SpecialAdviser(m): 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2020
BRT lane is a very useless road design which need to be re-evaluated.

Fashola as a lawyer was not properly advised by engineers working in his ministry.
I know a lot of you applaud his decision on BRT lane because you have little knowledge of architectural design.
In a busy road like Lagos with so many traffic, you don't reserve a dormant lane for passenger traffic except for emergency.
Even emergency are not usually considered in a busy road most times. People are dying in traffic but a lane is dormant simply because
it is reserved for BRT. The time they are dormant would have solved a lot of traffic issues on the road and allow the BRT to even pass.

What is s special about BRT passengers that is not special about Danfo passengers? Government just want to create a sense of joy in the
minds of BRT passengers forgetting that same passengers can be in Danfo next bus stop.

People will only understand how foolish BRT lane is when they dismantle them. As an engineer with years of experience, I can tell you BRT lane in
busy Lagos road is a bad decision.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by Openbusiness: 3:33pm On Sep 17, 2020
Ok
Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:34pm On Sep 17, 2020
Our men in uniform always think they are above the law

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) by Highbeepeeh(m): 3:35pm On Sep 17, 2020
Just too much.....

This taskforce people do act as if LAGOS belongs to them only. They use commercial drivers as their A T M.

make that naval officer call his colleague ojeere make they show those TFORCE PEPPER.

Just too much to be a NIGERIAN.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) / Father Rapes & Impregnates Daughter In Delta. Procures Abortion For Her / My Womanizing Friend Took Loans From 40 Fast Loan Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.