Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria (3808 Views)

11 Cities Owned By The Palestine And The 3 Cities That Hamas Are Demanding For. / Peter Obi: Nnamdi Kanu, Igboho More Popular Than All Politicians In The South / Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Etrusen(m): 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2020
it has become something that most Nigerians don't really notice that some cities in Nigeria is becoming more known in the world than the state they really fall in example of some of those cities are listed under base on their popularity.

1) BENIN CITY_ EDO STATE

2) PORT_HARCOURT_ RIVERS STATE

3) CALABAR_ CROSS RIVERS STATE

4) WARRI_ DELTA STATE

5) IBADAN _ OYO STATE

6) ONITSHA_ ANAMBRA STATE

7) ABA _ ABIA STATE

8 ) JOS _ PLATEAU STATE

9) MAIDUGURI_ BORNO STATE

10) UYO _ AKWA IBOM STATE

11). ZARIA_KADUNA STATE

12) ILORIN_ KWARA STATE

13) AKURE _ ONDO STATE

14) IFE_OSUN STATE

15) ADO EKITI _ EKITI STATE

16) ABAKALIKI_ EBONYI STATE

2 Likes

Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by fjjc(m): 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2020
Osogbo- Osun State

3 Likes

Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by flyingpig: 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2020
Abakaliki

2 Likes

Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by hisgrace090: 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2020
That's true and such is life.

2 Likes

Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by uBuNiT: 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2020
Ife, Abeokuta and Zaria. I laugh in my dialet
Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Bkayyy: 7:58pm On Sep 17, 2020
How about Ibadan, an average Nigerian and African see her as a state. Some people don't even know oyo state but I'm yet to see anybody refer to Onitsha as a state.
I don't think Onitsha should be there. If you doubt answer this question, have you seen or heard anybody refer to Onitsha as state like Ibadan, abakiliki, Zaria, Calabar and port Harcourt?
You didn't even add Ilorin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by NgwalandAbia(m): 8:01pm On Sep 17, 2020
Without Aba on that list all is trash.

1 Like

Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by GolDRoger: 8:06pm On Sep 17, 2020
Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by haiti007(m): 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2020
Ojudu Berger in Lagos. Na the first place to welcome you to Lagos when coming from 99% of places in Nigeria (by road)

Oshodi Lagos, grin y'all should kmow

2 Likes

Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Etrusen(m): 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2020
Bkayyy:
How about Ibadan, an average Nigerian and African see her as a state. Some people don't even know oyo state but I'm yet to see anybody refer to Onitsha as a state.
I don't think Onitsha should be there. If you doubt answer this question, have you seen or heard anybody refer to Onitsha as state like Ibadan, abakiliki, Zaria, Calabar and port Harcourt?
Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by DozieMartin: 7:19am On Sep 18, 2020
Bkayyy:
Anything Igbo gives you sleepless night.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Grandmeister(m): 7:25am On Sep 18, 2020
NgwalandAbia:
Without Aba on that list all is trash.
Aba was already there before imo state was created and before Abia state was carved out from IMO state.....that city don tey since e begin ginger..aba women riot of 1929 comes to mind.

2 Likes

Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by spy24(m): 7:25am On Sep 18, 2020
Osogbo akure and abakaliki no suppose dey the list
Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Blackking98(m): 7:31am On Sep 18, 2020
Uyo shouldn't be there Sha. People know Akwa Ibom more than uyo.
Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Etrusen(m): 7:39am On Sep 18, 2020
Blackking98:
Uyo shouldn't be there Sha. People know Akwa Ibom more than uyo.

yea I agree but uyo still pull some weight on it own

I also understand people maybe wandering about cities in Lagos not been there, you can attest to the fact that Lagos itself is 99% popular in the world than any city in Lagos so this cities can't and are not suppose to make the list
Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Arrewa: 7:42am On Sep 18, 2020
Hadeja_ jigawa

Maiduguri_ Borno

Pataskum_ yobe

Jimeta_ Adamawa

Funtua_ kastina

Zaria alone is more popular than many states in Nigeria.
Zaria alone has an Aviation school.

Zaria has deport military barrack.

Zaria has Basawa military barrack.

Zaria has Ahmadu bello university.

Zaria has Federal college of education.

Zaria has teaching hospital.

Zaria has lethal institute.

Zaria has Barewa college.

Zaria has Nuhu Bammali Polytechnic

All in one city!
Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Etrusen(m): 7:42am On Sep 18, 2020
spy24:

please why do you think that those three cities weren't up to the standard of making it?
Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Etrusen(m): 7:43am On Sep 18, 2020
Grandmeister:

Aba was already there before imo state was created and before Abia state was carved out from IMO state.....that city don tey since e begin ginger..aba women riot of 1929 comes to mind.

but Aba is there na
Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Blackking98(m): 7:45am On Sep 18, 2020
Etrusen:

yea I agree but uyo still pull some weight on it own

I also understand people maybe wandering about cities in Lagos not been there, you can attest to the fact that Lagos itself is 99% popular in the world than any city in Lagos so this cities can't and are not suppose to make the list
Yes g.
Akwa ibom doesn't operate one city system like many States, below is ikot ekpene, eket and itam towns/cities

1 Like

Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Finnese001: 7:45am On Sep 18, 2020
haiti007:
Ojudu Berger in Lagos. Na the first place to welcome you to Lagos when coming from 99% of places in Nigeria (by road)

Oshodi Lagos, grin y'all should kmow

We ain't talking about bus stops oga
Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Etrusen(m): 7:52am On Sep 18, 2020
Blackking98:

Yes g.
Akwa ibom doesn't operate one city system like many States, below is ikot ekpene, eket and itam towns/cities

yes I agree that Akwa ibom have other cities but none can be compared to uyo
Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Blackking98(m): 7:54am On Sep 18, 2020
Etrusen:

yes I agree that Akwa ibom have other cities but none can be compared to uyo
ofcourse,it's the capital lol
Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Haywhysat: 7:58am On Sep 18, 2020
Oshogbo is not popular please, remove... Ilesha, Ife are even more popular.

4 Likes

Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Haywhysat: 7:59am On Sep 18, 2020
spy24:

You are correct. Even in osun, many cities are like the same with oshogbo. Like Ife
Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Etrusen(m): 8:01am On Sep 18, 2020
Arrewa:
Hadeja_ jigawa
Maiduguri_ Borno
Pataskum_ yobe
Jimeta_ Adamawa
Funtua_ kastina
Zaria alone is more popular than many states in Nigeria. Zaria alone has an Aviation school.
All in one city!

but Zaria is there na

1 Like

Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Blackking98(m): 8:01am On Sep 18, 2020
Arrewa:
Hadeja_ jigawa

Maiduguri_ Borno

Pataskum_ yobe

Jimeta_ Adamawa

Funtua_ kastina

Zaria alone is more popular than many states in Nigeria.
Zaria alone has an Aviation school.

All in one city!

We thank God for them

2 Likes

Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:02am On Sep 18, 2020
What made Maiduguri popular

OP just asking please
Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by haiti007(m): 8:03am On Sep 18, 2020
Finnese001:

We ain't talking about bus stops oga
Are you a lagosian? Is Oshodi just a bus stop?
Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Arrewa: 8:05am On Sep 18, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
What made Maiduguri popular

OP just asking please
we have powerful institutions in maiduguri which include the University of Maiduguri, Ramat Polytechnic, Borno State College of Legal and Islamic Studies, and Kashim Ibrahim College of Education.

The university of maiduguri operates a teaching hospital, and there is also a general hospital in the city. The Lake Chad Research Institute is located in Maiduguri.

The city lies astride the historic pilgrim route from Senegal to Mecca.

The city is the terminus for the main railway line linking northeastern Nigeria to Port Harcourt. Served by the main highway system, it is a hub for secondary highways serving the state.

There is an airport located 5.5 miles (9 km) west of Maiduguri.

Maiduguri has popular military barrack, Giwa barrack and Mai malari barrack.

Maiduguri is the capital of Borno and the most develope city in Borno state.
Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by IamWonderful: 8:05am On Sep 18, 2020
aok
Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Etrusen(m): 8:07am On Sep 18, 2020
Haywhysat:

You are correct. Even in osun, many cities are like the same with oshogbo. Like Ife

ife is only popular as a result of the ooni but osogbo is the capita but anyway ife has been included
Re: Cities That Are Becoming More Popular Than State In Nigeria by Enudapan: 8:07am On Sep 18, 2020
Nna eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated
Ibadan, onitsha, Aba,warri ND pH are more popular than many states for Lag here

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies And Gentlemen I Present To You The Man Behind All The Problems Of Nigeria / Zoning For 2023: Has PDP Boxed APC To A Corner? / PO Got Served On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.