Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,004 members, 7,799,440 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Looking To Start Haulage Business. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Looking To Start Haulage Business. (581 Views)

How To Start Haulage/tipper Business In Nigeria / Looking To Start Haulage Business. / How To Start Haulage Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking To Start Haulage Business. by TransAtlanticEx(m): 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2020
So a friend of mine has been really pestering me to buy a vehicle to manage for me.
I have never done land transport before even though it's something I've always loved to do.
Now I have no clue about how the business part of it works,so I'm looking at getting ideas from here to know what guidelines to take.
The vehicle i want to buy for a start is a Citroen J5 cargo van or Mercedes 809,even though my aim is truck but lemme start small first.
So I'd love to know how much to demand from him weekly or daily or whatever time period.
Also the type of van to buy?diesel or petrol?
Are the variants in the mechanics of this vehicle?
Is the J5 a good vehicle?
What kind of documentation to make(union,transport,frsc,etc...)?
And whatever I might need to know will be very much appreciated.
Thanks guys as you chip in your ideas.
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by TransAtlanticEx(m): 9:23am On Sep 18, 2020
No one is talking?
Is transport this hard ?
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by Larry1960: 10:51am On Sep 18, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
No one is talking?
Is transport this hard ?

No one is talking cos you are a mumu man grin shocked

Ebu onye ara
Go and use the money and buy agbo drink that one go dey more profitable kiss
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by TransAtlanticEx(m): 10:59am On Sep 18, 2020
More answers from sensible humans are welcome.
I apologise for the mental breakdown of the idiot above,Nigeria is not easy so most times it knocks down the brains of most of its youths like the one above.

6 Likes

Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by ziziangel(m): 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2020
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by NightFood: 7:43pm On Sep 19, 2020
Transportation is a very good business, but the price you'll charge will depend on the type of vehicle involved, personally I'll advice you meet someone with a similar type of vehicle into transportation business too, meanwhile, are you looking for how to open a bank account for business? Open a business account online with FCMB and enjoy amazing benefits. Click here to start https://on.fcmb.com/online-account-business3
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by Obierika(m): 7:49pm On Sep 19, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
So a friend of mine has been really pestering me to buy a vehicle to manage for me.
I have never done land transport before even though it's something I've always loved to do.
Now I have no clue about how the business part of it works,so I'm looking at getting ideas from here to know what guidelines to take.
The vehicle i want to buy for a start is a Citroen J5 cargo van or Mercedes 809,even though my aim is truck but lemme start small first.
So I'd love to know how much to demand from him weekly or daily or whatever time period.

You want to buy a vehicle for a friend to manage for you?

Just know that this is the end of that friendship!

4 Likes

Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by ifyalways(f): 11:50pm On Sep 21, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
More answers from sensible humans are welcome.
I apologise for the mental breakdown of the idiot above,Nigeria is not easy so most times it knocks down the brains of most of its youths like the one above.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by ifyalways(f): 11:52pm On Sep 21, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
@Emboldened, No.
You will lose both truck and friend. EOD

To make profit in transport in Nigeria, be ready to manage it yourself especially the early days .

7 Likes

Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by TransAtlanticEx(m): 2:29am On Sep 22, 2020
ifyalways:

@Emboldened, No.
You will lose both truck and friend. EOD

To make profit in transport in Nigeria, be ready to manage it yourself especially the early days .
Still dey think am oo.
The only route I know or can manage needs just 12 tyre,25 tonne trucks.
Dey seriously think am,just say that money to buy am no be joke angry

(1) (Reply)

US Diplomatic Visa Available For Processing / Pure Italian And Saudi Gold / Exchange RMB, Taobao domestic supplier (78naira / 1 RMB)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.