Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,941 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? (8480 Views)

You Follow CHRIST When You Do HIS Will / Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? / What Does It Take To Follow Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 22, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

Not every thing resembles your life. (TRASH)

Go get a decent life my guy.

Jesus saves

Who has Jesus ever saved?
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Nobody: 12:55am On Sep 23, 2020
Righteousnesss8:

Who has Jesus ever saved?

Millions of Christians.

Glory be to Jesus

grin

1 Like

Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 23, 2020
Righteousnesss8:

Your papa na fool

Not every father is like your dad boy.

His foolishness radiates in your posts.

Gush!
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Makschinchin: 10:12pm On Sep 29, 2020
Missyajoke:

Uncultured element.

Please ignore him. He's trying to impersonate Righteousness89 with fake moniker Righteousnesss8
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Makschinchin: 10:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
Honchoslim16:
Goddamn mehn!

Who Christianity epp?

Period!

By 'EPP' if you meant 'help' then I must confess boldly that Christianity and following Christ have helped me and is still helping me. I give God all the glory for my life now
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Honchoslim16(m): 11:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
Makschinchin:

By 'EPP' if you meant 'help' then I must confess boldly that Christianity and following Christ have helped me and is still helping me. I give God all the glory for my life now

Goddamn mehn!

Congrats!

Period!

1 Like

Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Kobojunkie: 1:03am On Sep 30, 2020
onenaija001:
Hi guys, I am still curious about what Christ told the young rich man about selling all he has and giving to the poor in Matthew 19:16-30, Mark 10:17-31, and Luke 18:18-30?

I brought this up because some Churches always bring these bible passages up, while others say Christ is not poor so Christians are not supposed to be poor.
The answer is YES!

Obedience is the key into the Kingdom of God. Acceptance means obedience to His commandments. No one can become a follower of Jesus Christ simply by wishing for it. Jesus required that those who choose to follow Him do the work that He commands they first do i.e. Obey that which He has stipulated.

1. Be prepared to abandon parents, brother, sister, children, spouse, in-laws, e.t.c.
2. Abandon all that you know/believe, have, and all that you are
3. Bear your own burden (not someone else's cross- not even your family's or children's)

Matthew 10 vs 34-39
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
34. “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring trouble.[h]
35. I have come to make this happen:
‘A son will turn against his father.
A daughter will turn against her mother.
A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in-law.
36. Even members of your own family will be your enemies.’
37. “Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy of me. And those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy of me.
38. Those who will not accept the cross that is given to them when they follow me are not worthy of me.
39. Those who try to keep the life they have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me will find true life.

4. Become a child again in your thinking and your actions

Matthew 14 vs 23-24
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
23. Then he said, “The truth is, you must change your thinking and become like little children. If you don’t do this, you will never enter God’s kingdom.
24. The greatest person in God’s kingdom is the one who makes himself humble like this child.
5. Be prepared to lose life(reputation, career, control, property, etc.)

Matthew 16 vs 24-27
24. Then Jesus said to his followers, “If any of you want to be my follower, you must stop thinking about yourself and what you want. You must be willing to carry the cross that is given to you for following me.
25. Any of you who try to save the life you have will lose it. But you who give up your life for me will find true life.
26. It is worth nothing for you to have the whole world if you yourself are lost. You could never pay enough to buy back your life.
27. The Son of Man will come again with his Father’s glory and with his angels. And he will reward everyone for what they have done.

6. Desire above all to find and enter the Kingdom of God and also walk the path of righteousness, with God as your guide every step
7. Let go of all control you have over your life and circumstances, allowing God to take care of your every need

Matthew 6 vs 25-34
25. “So I tell you, don’t worry about the things you need to live—what you will eat, drink, or wear. Life is more important than food, and the body is more important than what you put on it.
26. Look at the birds. They don’t plant, harvest, or save food in barns, but your heavenly Father feeds them. Don’t you know you are worth much more than they are?
27. You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it.
28. “And why do you worry about clothes? Look at the wildflowers in the field. See how they grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves.
29. But I tell you that even Solomon, the great and rich king, was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers.
30. If God makes what grows in the field so beautiful, what do you think he will do for you? It’s just grass—one day it’s alive, and the next day someone throws it into a fire. But God cares enough to make it beautiful. Surely he will do much more for you. Your faith is so small!
31. “Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’
32. That’s what those people who don’t know God are always thinking about. Don’t worry, because your Father in heaven knows that you need all these things.
33. What you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what he wants you to do. Then he will give you all these other things you need.
34. So don’t worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Tomorrow will have its own worries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why You Should Watch What You Feed Your Mind As A Christian / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 / The Christians' Dialectic : Is Telekinesis God's Given Gift Or Demonic ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.