Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,365 members, 7,780,998 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:13 AM

What Do I Need To Learn Before I Can Say I'm Good In Javascript ? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Do I Need To Learn Before I Can Say I'm Good In Javascript ? (500 Views)

How To Retrieve Data From An Api Using Fetch Api In Javascript / How Do I Convert Object To Arrey In Javascript / What To Learn Before A Javascript Framework (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Need To Learn Before I Can Say I'm Good In Javascript ? by squash47(m): 3:42pm On Sep 18, 2020
Senior devs, please answer me, what do I need to know before I can say I'm good in JavaScript.

EXCEPT FRAMEWORKS.

I mean pure vanilla js.
Re: What Do I Need To Learn Before I Can Say I'm Good In Javascript ? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 18, 2020
Dom manipulation
Variables
Data types
Function
Arrow function
Arrays
For loops
While loops
Boolean
Promise
Methods

1 Like

Re: What Do I Need To Learn Before I Can Say I'm Good In Javascript ? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2020
Just try to get to modular JavaScript and pick a framework. You go learn JavaScript forever.

1 Like

Re: What Do I Need To Learn Before I Can Say I'm Good In Javascript ? by Donpre(m): 6:14am On Sep 19, 2020
when you're good at something, you would know.

Just keep learning until you see a JavaScript problem or script and it's nothing to you, then you're good

1 Like

Re: What Do I Need To Learn Before I Can Say I'm Good In Javascript ? by spartan117(m): 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2020
You will always keep learning JavaScript, but when you learn what @operation moses listed above and know how to use them to solve real problems and built applications without having to run to google every step of the way, then you are proficient with the language.
N/B Every programmer googles stuff, but as you progress you no longer have to google how to do basic stuff because you have become proficient.

3 Likes

Re: What Do I Need To Learn Before I Can Say I'm Good In Javascript ? by Ravern: 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
That may be a tough one to answer but off my head you have understand the following:
1. The execution environment of javascript (browser or server) and the javascript engine running in each
2. The concept of variables and constants, the concept of assignment by value and by reference
3. The eight datatypes in js (numbers, string, boolean, object, null, symbol, undefined, bigint)
4. javascript language construct and statement syntax
5. Statement control and looping
6. Variable scope
7. Functions, objects and object data type like array
8. The new ECMAscript 2016 and the changes it brought to javascript
9. The concept of class object in javascript

When you are through with the above fundamental knowledge, you can start learning javascript as it relates to document object modelling (DOM) before you move to advance topic like closure, promise etc

1 Like

Re: What Do I Need To Learn Before I Can Say I'm Good In Javascript ? by squash47(m): 6:21pm On Sep 21, 2020
Ravern:
That may be a tough one to answer but off my head you have understand the following:
1. The execution environment of javascript (browser or server) and the javascript engine running in each
2. The concept of variables and constants, the concept of assignment by value and by reference
3. The eight datatypes in js (numbers, string, boolean, object, null, symbol, undefined, bigint)
4. javascript language construct and statement syntax
5. Statement control and looping
6. Variable scope
7. Functions, objects and object data type like array
8. The new ECMAscript 2016 and the changes it brought to javascript
9. The concept of class object in javascript

When you are through with the above fundamental knowledge, you can start learning javascript as it relates to document object modelling (DOM) before you move to advance topic like closure, promise etc

I think I know about 70% of those things u listed up there. Thanks man

(1) (Reply)

Paystack Biography: How It All Started / How Did You Make Your First Pay From Programming? / Mobile App Developer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.