Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,594,640 members, 6,018,848 topics. Date: Friday, 27 November 2020 at 12:44 PM

Less Than Nothing (18+) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Less Than Nothing (18+) (6691 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Less Than Nothing (18+) by kweensheba(f): 5:05pm On Nov 14
Interesting story
Re: Less Than Nothing (18+) by SeyiDominion: 3:39am On Nov 19
It was disappointing anytime she said she would not be able to come around. Ola continued with his refreshments. Later, he played snooker game until few minutes to nine when he decided to leave the club.

Much later that night, as he lay in bed, he was pensive. He finally resolved that he would have to confront Moni and asked her if she meant what she said or not. If she did, then he would have to do something very important: he would make her swear to an oath that whatever transpired between them must be and remain a secret.

Yes, that would be the right thing to do. His mind faltered. What if she was trying to set him up? What if this was a ploy to make him agree to dirty deal in which he would be the fall guy?

He shrugged. The swearing part should take care of that. The foremost important thing that he should do was to extract seriousness and commitment from her.

The following morning, as soon as Ola heard that she had come to the office, he went to meet her.

“Good morning, Madam.’’ He took one more look at her and smiled. “I must say you’re really looking gorgeous this morning.’’

She smiled radiantly. “Thank you.’’

Even before she offered him seat, he sat down.

“It’s like you have something on your mind this morning,’’ she said.

He nodded. “Yes, and it has to do with what we discussed yesterday.’’

She looked at him intently. “What do you have to say?’’

He allowed a moment of silence. “Let us just say I’m yet to be certain that you’re serious. Are you really serious about what you said?’’

She shook her head in amazement. “Wonderful. How could you say this? How could you still doubt the seriousness? Will someone be joking
with a matter as serious as that?’’

“Alright. Let me assume that you’re serious. How could I be sure that you’re not setting me up? Two, how can I be certain that once the deed is done, I will truly occupy your heart?’’

“I don’t say things that I don’t mean. I can assure you that you will surely have my heart once you succeed in the important task you were given.’’

There were seconds of silence.

“Pardon me,’’ he said. “But for me to take you really serious, can the two of us swear to an oath on this? Can we swear to secrecy, confidentiality
and non-betrayal of trust?’’

She stared at him and suddenly laughed. Had he said anything funny?

“Well, if swearing to an oath is what we make you believe I’m serious, then let’s do just that.’’

He suddenly relaxed and smiled. Now, he could see that she was serious.

“There’s a juju man I know who has powerful charms. I’ll tell him about this and he administer the oath.’’

Moni agreed. “No problem, but he would come and do it here.’’

Ola too agreed. “I’ll contact him today. By tomorrow morning, he will most likely come around to do the swearing.’’

“Alright.’’

That settled it, he felt and smiled. At the close of work, he drove to Ota to consult with a powerful juju man known as Baba Elewenje. He had
consulted the man in the past and he believed he was instrumental to his progress in life.

The man was in his early sixties but did not believe in the stereotype ways people like him behaved. For example, he lived in a modern house –
his own house. He also drove a car and used a hand cell phone. He was what one could describe as contemporary juju man.

“Welcome, Ola my son,’’ Baba Elewenje greeted him warmly. “From the way your face is shining, I can see that life is really treating you well, and
I’m happy about it.’’

“Thank you, Baba. Thank you so much. I’ve come to see you on something very important.’’

The man nodded. “Yes, say it. You have come to the right place.’’

Ola nodded. “Yes, Baba. I will be needing your service in my office tomorrow morning. There is this woman that I’m involved in certain business
with. It’s a serious matter and there’s need for us to swear to an oath. She won’t be able to make it here, so I will need you to come over to the
place to effect the swearing.’’

“Oh, is that all? I thought you’ve come for something much more serious. That’s no problem at all.’’

“That is not all. There’s another thing I will like you to do and I’m very much ready to pay for it.’’

“What’s that?’’

Ola paused to look around the man’s parlor as if to assure that no one was eavesdropping. “Baba, I want you to a love portion on the lady. I
want her to love me such that she will do whatever I ask her to do.’’

Less Than Nothing: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/less_than_nothing/37142
Re: Less Than Nothing (18+) by Ann2012(f): 5:53am On Nov 19
Ola is going far with this...

Thanks for the update
Re: Less Than Nothing (18+) by Bukolaberry(f): 10:15am On Nov 19
love portion? I don't blame him he needs assurance, he will also be in charge. thanks for the update.
Re: Less Than Nothing (18+) by UltimateSpice: 6:14pm On Nov 22
Getting serious.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery / Beware Of What You Eat- A Short Story By Avatarmode / Amanda The President Wife

Viewing this topic: EmmyCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.