Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands (5218 Views)

Renato de Santa Rips His Face To Give 'Demon Smile' (Pix) / Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Says He And His Family Had All Contracted COVID-19 / Bobrisky Celebrates His 26th Birthday With His Gate Man (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by PSconsultinga: 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2020
Dwayne Johnson left staff “in disbelief and equally scared” after he tore down his own security gate with his bare hands.

The actor and former wrestling champion was forced to take matters into his own hands when a power cut disabled the gate, threatening to prevent him from travelling to the set of his new film, Black Adam.

Sharing a picture of the damage on Instagram, Johnson revealed the full story of what happened.

"I did what I had to do,” he wrote, explaining that hundreds of crew members were waiting for him to arrive at work, so he couldn’t wait for the gate tech team to let him out.

“I pushed, pulled and ripped the gate completely off myself,” he said. “Ripped it completely out of the brick wall, severed the steel hydraulics and threw it on the grass.”

Johnson added: “My security team was able to meet the gate technician and welders about an hour later - and they were apparently ‘in disbelief and equally scared’ as to how I ripped it off.”

https://independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/dwayne-rock-johnson-security-gate-instagram-power-cut-b495939.html%3famp

1 Like

Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by Nbotee(m): 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2020
Na dat small thing b d gate?

2 Likes

Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by Iyoocartel(f): 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2020
Iyooooooo cartel

Irrelevant destruction.
Na human being house gate be this or poultry farm gate?
Keep deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by PSconsultinga: 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2020
The house

1 Share

Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2020
Oyinbo gates are very tiny and made with light metal. They don't even consider it a necessity.

If he wants to test his strength, let him come to Lagos and see gates, na there him go know say all this one na kindergarten... Even Bill Gates will forget his surname cheesy grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by ghettowriter(m): 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2020
Strong man
Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by DonBenny77(m): 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2020
That's what's cooking
Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by Arthurity1(m): 3:52pm On Sep 19, 2020
Iyoocartel:
Iyooooooo cartel

Irrelevant destruction.
Na human being house gate be this or poultry farm gate?
Keep deceiving yourself
Shut up! As if you can do it!!!
Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by majamajic(m): 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2020
He would have jumped the gate call a taxi , or rent a car for the day
Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by Arthurity1(m): 4:04pm On Sep 19, 2020
loneprof:
Oyinbo gates are very tiny and made with light metal. They don't even consider it a necessity.

If he wants to test his strength, let him come to Lagos and see gates, na there him go know say all this one na kindergarten... Even Bill Gates will forget his surname cheesy grin
Your judgement is impaired.
First... Because a metal is light, doesn't mean it's weak. And because it looks light, doesn't mean it's light. Judging from its appearance, the gate is made of steel, alloyed with several other elements. If they give you two lifetimes to bend it with your bare hands, you no fit!
Second... He broke it's hinge it's strongest part
Third... He would do worse to a Nigerian gate, these ones here are barely painted so corrosion resistance is almost zero. Over there, that gate could stand for centuries.
Fourth... If you see his morning work out routine, you would shut up. Because you can't do it doesn't mean he can't.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by ifejobi84754: 4:14pm On Sep 19, 2020
Na choyat size way b choy entrance?
Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by DriggityDre: 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2020
*Rock music starts*

2 Likes

Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by DriggityDre: 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2020
Nbotee:
Na dat small thing b d gate?
Lmao. Can you do that?
Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by DriggityDre: 4:22pm On Sep 19, 2020
Arthurity1:

First... Because a metal is light, doesn't mean it's weak. And because it looks light, doesn't mean it's light. Judging from its appearance, the gate is made of steel, alloyed with several other elements. If they give you two lifetimes to bend it with your bare hands, you no fit!
Third... He would do worse to a Nigerian gate, these ones here are barely painted so corrosion resistance is almost zero. Over there, that gate could stand for centuries.
Fourth... If you see his morning work out routine, you would shut up. Because you can't do it doesn't mean he can't.
On god. 9ja boys sabi downplay everything.
Nigga removed it from the brick wall. That was freaking stone bricks.

4 Likes

Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by rentAcock(m): 4:24pm On Sep 19, 2020
Should we give him the WWE championship belt or what? Whats the point of these vivid descriptions of the capitulation of an inanimate gate that cannot fight back?

1 Like

Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by NobleAngell(f): 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2020
In simple terms, NEPA took light grin

2 Likes

Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by maiiilooo(m): 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2020
rentAcock:
Should we give him the WWE championship belt or what? Whats the point of these vivid descriptions of the capitulation of an inanimate gate that cannot fight back?
Lmao.. No mind am..
Even ma jnr sis go do wetin him do grin

1 Like

Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 19, 2020
Arthurity1:

Your judgement is impaired.

Your aggression is needless. What I wrote about Nigerian gates being heavier is true whether or not you believe it. The only reason their gates last longer than ours is maintenance, i.e regular painting, which we often overlook here till rust takes over.

I'm too busy to start arguing over things that don't pay the bills so don't bother quoting me anymore... Adios.
Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by Arthurity1(m): 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2020
loneprof:

Your aggression is needless. What I wrote about Nigerian gates being heavier is true whether or not you believe it. The only reason their gates last longer than ours is maintenance, i.e regular painting, which we often overlook here till rust takes over.

I'm too busy to start arguing over things that don't pay the bills so don't bother quoting me anymore... Adios.
A metals structural usefulness is judged based on its strength, not it's weight... Use education in judgement, don't use your bias or insecurities.

2 Likes

Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 19, 2020
loneprof:

I saw the post yesterday
And for my mind I was like see gate wey him pull
How he look Like bicycle slopes
Come see real gate for niaja grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2020
Arthurity1:

A metals structural usefulness is judged based on its strength, not it's weight... Use education in judgement, don't use your bias or insecurities.

Stop showing your ignorance thinking you're smart man. If what he did was to rip and pull a gate apart, you're telling me the weight is not essential just cos it's not directly proportional to the strength? Tell me, is the gate made of titanium?

In case you missed it in high school physics and you're looking for where to make up for that, you've goofed again. The major activity here is strength to weight ratio and as far as I'm concerned we use steel plates in Nigeria not aluminium, they don't use titanium for gates in the US either, so what's your silly point? undecided

Even the gate he ripped apart is already showing light rust at the bottom which means it's lightly buried in shallow cement and not even close to what we do here when we erect gates.

You're just a rude ignoramus!
Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by PSconsultinga: 6:22pm On Sep 19, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by Arthurity1(m): 6:28pm On Sep 19, 2020
loneprof:

Stop showing your ignorance thinking you're smart man. If what he did was to rip and pull a gate apart, you're telling me the weight is not essential just cos it's not directly proportional to the strength? Tell me, is the gate made of titanium?

In case you missed it in high school physics and you're looking for where to make up for that, you've goofed again. The major activity here is strength to weight ratio and as far as I'm concerned we use steel plates in Nigeria not aluminium, they don't use titanium for gates in the US either, so what's your silly point? undecided

Even the gate he ripped apart is already showing light rust at the bottom which means it's lightly buried in shallow cement and not even close to what we do here when we erect gates.

You're just a rude ignoramus!
You are too dumb to argue with.
Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by Vulcanheph(m): 6:38pm On Sep 19, 2020
loneprof:

gringringringringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by Sabadon(m): 7:48pm On Sep 19, 2020
i no still fear am after all these grin i go beat am grin
Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by Collins300(m): 8:59pm On Sep 19, 2020
LMAO see gate abeg grin grin grin , na because arm robbers scarce for their, if you get this type of gate for naija, arm robbers no go take 1 minute break am

1 Like

Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by Kobicove(m): 9:07pm On Sep 19, 2020
Is that the so-called gate? undecided
Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by suremanpatriot: 9:10pm On Sep 19, 2020
If arent in america then yu havent see somethin yet,is lik using hydraulic car jack to jack up a jeep.That's a small but powerful gate fused to run on hydraulic system.Now, tht is wht d rock is cookin grin grin
Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by cassidy1996(m): 9:56pm On Sep 19, 2020
you can't try this with Nigerian made gates
Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by Soulsymbol99: 10:23pm On Sep 19, 2020
NobleAngell:
In simple terms, NEPA took light grin

Gbam! Dude wan jst show off cool Uber no dey again? doubt if he could hv done dat if dem use Dangote cement grin cheesy
Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by drefiner001(m): 11:29pm On Sep 19, 2020
dat 1 na small ting naw.. So u still dey use 2 hands dey rip gate, wen i dey use 1 hand dey uproot am lyk say na cassava i dey harvest. Abeg dat 1 no b trendin news jor.
Re: Actor And Wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rips His Gate Off With Bare Hands by Gosj01(m): 11:39pm On Sep 19, 2020
His house fine o

I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.
Details on my signature

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Mary J Blige And Tiwa Savage's Emotional Reunion / Photo: Luis Suarez Teaching Son How To Bite / OMG!! Lady Gaga Forgets Her Trousers As She Steps Out In T-shirt(SEE PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.