Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,508 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

My Experience With A LASTMA Official At Igando - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With A LASTMA Official At Igando (776 Views)

FSARS Officer Who Killed LASTMA Official Dies After Being Beaten By Mob In Lagos / SARS Officer Shoots LASTMA Official Dead In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / LASTMA Official Stabbed With Bottle By Danfo Driver (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A LASTMA Official At Igando by OlujobaSamuel: 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2020
At about 7:30am today(Saturday) at Igando, my dad was to pickup myself and a friend at Igando Bus stop.
On getting to Igando, je drove into the BRT bus stop/lay by, which design is just like every regular bus stop or lay-by in Lagos State, with enough space for vehicles to stop for a pickup or dropoff.
I and my friend hopped into the vehicle and was about moving when the officer stopped the vehicle from afar, he demanded that my dad should come down so he can talk to him, he requested for what purpose but he refused, on alighting from the vehicle, he told a female officer to enter the driver seat, so I locked the door immediately. He then said it was illegal to stop at a BRT bus stop for any purpose whatsoever, that the fine is ₦70000.
So, he requested for the vehicle particulars, and I unlocked the door to give to to my dad, the next thing was for the lady to hop in and seized the key by turning off the ignition, I cautioned her that it doesn't make sense, how can you turn off the ignition of a vehicle in the middle of a highway, so the guy said I'm dragging with a latsma official.
So I kept quiet and came down from the vehicle, we then asked where is the right place for a vehicle to drop off or pickup a passenger here, the next response was so embarrassing and disturbing, considering that it comes from one employed for traffic management. He and the lady said we should have parked by the roadside and not enter a BRT bus stop/lay-by. I then asked, what if an upcoming vehicle develops a malfunction like break failure, they both responded that every vehicle will definitely slow down before getting to that spot not minding that it's an express way.
I then asked, what if our vehicle broke down, what is the best decision to avoid traffic jam is such location, because I remember that I've used similar location, including Igando BRT bus stop to take vehicle off the road so as to avoid traffic obstruction, but the two of them could offer any response.
He eventually drove us off into a place in Igando described as their office, and ultimately collected ₦5200 cash before allowing us to go after wasting our time for almost an hour.
NB: The BRT bus stop has no vehicle (BRT) nor Passengers waiting for one as at the time we were picked up.
Attached is the picture of the male officer. His name is Idowu.

Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Official At Igando by Bessppectt(f): 4:30pm On Sep 19, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Official At Igando by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 19, 2020
cry
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Official At Igando by Beblessedbaba: 5:20pm On Sep 19, 2020
Sorry about your loss but please help olus rid the society of bad enforcement elements.

Pls take this story to twitter and social media then tag the Lastma handle and Sanwo.

The rest is history !!!
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Official At Igando by matuskyoo7(m): 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2020
The same thing happen to me along stadium in surulere, the bus stop also don't have a description for BRT bus stop, and a policeman and lastma official extorted me after initial brawling
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Official At Igando by nifemi25(m): 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2020
I will advice you drag lastma and gov sanwolu on Twitter and Instagram. That can only give you better justice
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Official At Igando by OlujobaSamuel: 6:37pm On Sep 19, 2020
Beblessedbaba:
Sorry about your loss but please help olus rid the society of bad enforcement elements.

Pls take this story to twitter and social media then tag the Lastma handle and Sanwo.

The rest is history !!!
Yea, I've done that. My handle is @jobasam
My dad intend to follow up the case. They have left there while coming back.
So he plans to go to their Igando office on Monday, if the response is not satisfactory, he will submit a petition at Alausa or Oshodi during the week.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Official At Igando by OlujobaSamuel: 6:38pm On Sep 19, 2020
nifemi25:
I will advice you drag lastma and gov sanwolu on Twitter and Instagram. That can only give you better justice
Yea. Done that already. Twitter handle is @jobasam
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Official At Igando by Beblessedbaba: 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

Yea, I've done that. My handle is @jobasam
My dad intend to follow up the case. They have left there while coming back.
So he plans to go to their Igando office on Monday, if the response is not satisfactory, he will submit a petition at Alausa or Oshodi during the week.
Just tag Lastma and sanwoolu on Twitter make sure you upload the pictures too.

You should not park at Brt bus stop but extorting you is very wrong for that purpose instead of correcting you.
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Official At Igando by OlujobaSamuel: 8:45pm On Sep 19, 2020
Beblessedbaba:
Just tag Lastma and sanwoolu on Twitter make sure you upload the pictures too.

You should not park at Brt bus stop but extorting you is very wrong for that purpose instead of correcting you.
Noted. Thanks.
In respect to the parking, do you mean stopping for pick up or drop off is not allowed, because I noticed that there is no other place(designated bus stops) for vehicles to stop on BRT route except where the BRT Bus Stop is?
I thought it is only BRT lanes that are illegal due to the fact that there are provision for lanes where other vehicles are meant to ply unlike bus stops.
I've never experienced this before and I've been using it severally with no issues so I was so much surprised today, I won't lie you
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Official At Igando by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 19, 2020
Nice venza
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Official At Igando by merieam16(f): 11:48pm On Sep 19, 2020
Sorry abt that...
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Official At Igando by Newman20(m): 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2020
Hamilton1:
Ewedu nd Amala lastma nd Wickedness is lik 5 & 6,
Its in der blood

Seun, Lalasticlala you can see this tribalist going at it again angry
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Official At Igando by Newman20(m): 12:05pm On Sep 20, 2020
L
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Official At Igando by Newman20(m): 12:06pm On Sep 20, 2020
Hamilton1:
Ewedu nd Amala lastma at it again,
Wickedness

Seun, Lalasticlala he even posted twice on the same thread angry
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Official At Igando by Newman20(m): 12:09pm On Sep 20, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
At about 7:30am today(Saturday) at Igando, my dad was to pickup myself and a friend at Igando Bus stop.
On getting to Igando, je drove into the BRT bus stop/lay by, which design is just like every regular bus stop or lay-by in Lagos State, with enough space for vehicles to stop for a pickup or dropoff.
I and my friend hopped into the vehicle and was about moving when the officer stopped the vehicle from afar, he demanded that my dad should come down so he can talk to him, he requested for what purpose but he refused, on alighting from the vehicle, he told a female officer to enter the driver seat, so I locked the door immediately. He then said it was illegal to stop at a BRT bus stop for any purpose whatsoever, that the fine is ₦70000.
So, he requested for the vehicle particulars, and I unlocked the door to give to to my dad, the next thing was for the lady to hop in and seized the key by turning off the ignition, I cautioned her that it doesn't make sense, how can you turn off the ignition of a vehicle in the middle of a highway, so the guy said I'm dragging with a latsma official.
So I kept quiet and came down from the vehicle, we then asked where is the right place for a vehicle to drop off or pickup a passenger here, the next response was so embarrassing and disturbing, considering that it comes from one employed for traffic management. He and the lady said we should have parked by the roadside and not enter a BRT bus stop/lay-by. I then asked, what if an upcoming vehicle develops a malfunction like break failure, they both responded that every vehicle will definitely slow down before getting to that spot not minding that it's an express way.
I then asked, what if our vehicle broke down, what is the best decision to avoid traffic jam is such location, because I remember that I've used similar location, including Igando BRT bus stop to take vehicle off the road so as to avoid traffic obstruction, but the two of them could offer any response.
He eventually drove us off into a place in Igando described as their office, and ultimately collected ₦5200 cash before allowing us to go after wasting our time for almost an hour.
NB: The BRT bus stop has no vehicle (BRT) nor Passengers waiting for one as at the time we were picked up.
Attached is the picture of the male officer. His name is Idowu.

Sorry my friend don't mind those lastma idiots just remember that they would always be poorer and hungrier than you. wink
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Official At Igando by OlujobaSamuel: 7:09am On Sep 21, 2020
Update
I got a response through DM on Twitter yesterday (Sunday) to acknowledge my complaint. Hopefully something reasonable comes out of it.
Lalasticlala and Mynd44, pls help push to the world.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Pours Hot Soup On Neighbour's Son In Delta State (photo) / Man Recounts How A Lady He Took Out Bought Food Worth 4500 Out Of His 20k Salary / Ritualist Den Discovered In Ado Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.