Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Review My Site UI Update - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Review My Site UI Update (1058 Views)

How do I Put My Site Online / Review My App I Built From Scratch / [Software Review]My 1st Mobile App, Please Evaluate & Let Me Know What To Adjust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review My Site UI Update by codeigniter(m): 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2020
after hosting my forum people gave honest reviews about the site and i appreciate them all by implementing, I am very serious about making africonn an African community, though it took a while to update cos of lack of power supply. please give review and join the forum if u haven't

new features
easier to navigate
beautiful dark mode
ability to change theme etc

www.africonn.com

1 Like

Re: Review My Site UI Update by squash47(m): 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2020
It's nice now..but why didn't you make that footer to be fixed ?

Dark theme is not working

1 Like

Re: Review My Site UI Update by codeigniter(m): 7:42pm On Sep 19, 2020
squash47:
It's nice now..but why didn't you make that footer to be fixed ?

Dark theme is not working

the footer is fixed when scrolling up but not fixed when scrolling down. I made it like that so that u can the content very well when scrolling down

the dark theme is working and don't know y it's not Working in ur case what browser are u using

1 Like

Re: Review My Site UI Update by squash47(m): 6:02am On Sep 20, 2020
codeigniter:

the footer is fixed when scrolling up but not fixed when scrolling down. I made it like that so that u can the content very well when scrolling down

the dark theme is working and don't know y it's not Working in ur case what browser are u using

Opera..
Re: Review My Site UI Update by Donpre(m): 10:04am On Sep 20, 2020
Looks a lot better. Nice work

why the bottom nav bar if there's a drawer?
Re: Review My Site UI Update by codeigniter(m): 9:53pm On Sep 29, 2020
Donpre:
Looks a lot better. Nice work

why the bottom nav bar if there's a drawer?
Hi, I wrote to you, but i don't know what happened, anyways
There is bottom nav bar because people complained about difficulty in navigation
Re: Review My Site UI Update by Donpre(m): 1:33am On Sep 30, 2020
codeigniter:

Hi, I wrote to you, but i don't know what happened, anyways
There is bottom nav bar because people complained about difficulty in navigation

But both are very common ways of navigation, both on websites and mobile apps. Well people can complain over the most trivial things

Anyway, what happens when have more options than a drawer can contain?

1 Like

Re: Review My Site UI Update by codeigniter(m): 1:07pm On Sep 30, 2020
Donpre:

But both are very common ways of navigation, both on websites and mobile apps. Well people can complain over the most trivial things

Anyway, what happens when have more options than a drawer can contain?
then we make the drawer scrollable grin
Re: Review My Site UI Update by eliash: 8:49am On Oct 01, 2020
Was this built with pure html and css
Re: Review My Site UI Update by codeigniter(m): 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2020
eliash:
Was this built with pure html and css
yeah with jquery
Re: Review My Site UI Update by eliash: 9:15am On Oct 02, 2020
codeigniter:

yeah with jquery
Nice I can literally see the pain taking to build the UI...why did you not use a CSS framework....I also noticed something I need to click on the title for me to enter a post it would be easier if I can click the meta description and view the post
Re: Review My Site UI Update by codeigniter(m): 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2020
eliash:
Nice I can literally see the pain taking to build the UI...why did you not use a CSS framework....I also noticed something I need to click on the title for me to enter a post it would be easier if I can click the meta description and view the post

when I started with the UI I only know bootstrap and I don't like it, i later encounter tailwind CSS, someone on this forum introduced me to the framework and I love it, it allows me to write custom components with class names but I have already written CSS myself, so I plan to use tailwind in the future but for now I have more important things to focus on. like consuming new API to give visitors something to do for those that are not into tech

you can always click the title of a posts to view the post, if not how else or Maybe I don't understand ur question
Re: Review My Site UI Update by eliash: 2:46pm On Oct 02, 2020
codeigniter:

when I started with the UI I only know bootstrap and I don't like it, i later encounter tailwind CSS, someone on this forum introduced me to the framework and I love it, it allows me to write custom components with class names but I have already written CSS myself, so I plan to use tailwind in the future but for now I have more important things to focus on. like consuming new API to give visitors something to do for those that are not into tech

you can always click the title of a posts to view the post, if not how else or Maybe I don't understand ur question
ok nice...
Re: Review My Site UI Update by Blacche(m): 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2020
does anyone else feel the font sizes are kinda big.

Great stuff though.
Re: Review My Site UI Update by Karleb(m): 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2020
Blacche:
does anyone else feel the font sizes are kinda big.

The sizes are okay but the font itself looks weird.
Re: Review My Site UI Update by promisedeco(m): 5:39pm On Oct 03, 2020
Nice work man. But I didn't see where to change the theme
Re: Review My Site UI Update by Blacche(m): 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2020
Karleb:

Right something just looks off with the fonts.
Re: Review My Site UI Update by codeigniter(m): 10:41am On Oct 04, 2020
Blacche:

Right something just looks off with the fonts.
everybody has been complaining about the font, do you have any in mind cos I am not a UI/UX designer I just know how to code it
Re: Review My Site UI Update by codeigniter(m): 10:42am On Oct 04, 2020
promisedeco:
Nice work man. But I didn't see where to change the theme
on your profile, I think it is easier to navigate
Re: Review My Site UI Update by codeigniter(m): 10:43am On Oct 04, 2020
Karleb:

do u have any font in mind, or do u know any book on typography
Re: Review My Site UI Update by Karleb(m): 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2020
codeigniter:

do u have any font in mind, or do u know any book on typography

I do not.

Refactoring UI by Steve Schoger and Adam Wathan. The book has a section on typography.

My opinion:

The issue isn't exactly with the font per say, I believe the background color and the font color are not in sync.
Re: Review My Site UI Update by codeigniter(m): 5:40pm On Oct 04, 2020
Karleb:

I do not.

Refactoring UI by Steve Schoger and Adam Wathan. The book has a section on typography.

My opinion:

The issue isn't exactly with the font per say, I believe the background color and the font color are not in sync.

pls suggest ways to fix the colors, do u have d PDF or cos I can't get it on PDF drive.net
Re: Review My Site UI Update by Karleb(m): 6:44pm On Oct 04, 2020
codeigniter:

pls suggest ways to fix the colors, do u have d PDF or cos I can't get it on PDF drive.net

Checkout b-ok.org

Those are my opinions o.

You can try out different color combinations, you'd definitely get a good one you'd like.
Re: Review My Site UI Update by codeigniter(m): 7:58pm On Oct 04, 2020
Karleb:

Checkout b-ok.org

Those are my opinions o.

You can try out different color combinations, you'd definitely get a good one you'd like.

Thanks
Re: Review My Site UI Update by Blacche(m): 3:25am On Oct 07, 2020
codeigniter:

everybody has been complaining about the font, do you have any in mind cos I am not a UI/UX designer I just know how to code it

I'm not an expert in typography neither do I have satisfactory knowledge in the Ui/Ux field, but I mostly always use roboto fonts or Source sans pro in most of my web projects
Re: Review My Site UI Update by codeigniter(m): 11:39am On Oct 07, 2020
Blacche:

I'm not an expert in typography neither do I have satisfactory knowledge in the Ui/Ux field, but I mostly always use roboto fonts or Source sans pro in most of my web projects
I will try that

(1) (Reply)

Please How Can I Fix This? / How Do I Get My Zeal Back?? / Programming For Learners. The Basics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.