Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? - Technology Market (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? (37873 Views)

We Buy For You From Aliexpress,1688 &taobao And Ship To Nigeria / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by bashsani(m): 3:04pm On Sep 21, 2020
thunder74:
I ordered Samsung Galaxy S20 plus, IPhone Xs Max (2), Samsung Galaxy S20, and IPhone Watche Series 5 from Wish.com since July and up till now, I have not seen not received any of the above item. The phone pouches I ordered separately for the phone have been delivered.
I think someone, somewhere is stealing those items.

As a lawyer, I can lead a protest to their headquarters in Lagos, if you are a victim and you want us to do this, let me know, so as to visit their office on Tuesday or Wednesday for a protest.

I have sent two tweets to @NipostNgn today with an #tag #nipostwhereismyphone

Cc
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality
Velentinooo
The rot is in the whole system
an average NIPOST staff has little or no power to siphone such items all by his self
the agency, customs, NDLEA etc must be involved
TIPS FOR SWIFT DELIVERY for lagos resident
send through ems/NAHCO headquaters NAHCO Ikeja using IMPC building as your address, since that is where items are being dispatched to various branches. This way your percel waits for you to be cleared by you not some anonymous agency that will cart away with your item by bribing the customs. for more help check my status i work at NAHCO nipost headquaters

2 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by bashsani(m): 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2020
INSTANTCASH345:

You didn't tag me as well.

It's not only phone.I also complained march this year and only few commented on my topic and I probably know you were one of them who read my thread and left and now,your complain has arrived.

This is exactly what happens if we don't show concern to people's plight,one day,it will surely be our own turn.

As for my Laptop ordered from China which was indicated shipped but I didn't get it here even after
a month, I messaged the buyer and requested for a refund (PayPal).

I got my money and,bought it in Nigeria never use aliexpress again or order such things online.

What I know is that,since you don't have a business or company on which you are recognized,you can't import else it will be impounded.

But when u have your company registered and you order for such goods especially in bulk,no one will dear touch it except if it's contraband and didn't follow the right protocol.

That being said,always buy from Nigeria except if what you want to buy is less than $20 and what you can afford to loose otherwise,your money will be engulfed like those who play bet9ja and loose.

an average NIPOST staff has little or no power to siphone such items all by his self
send through ems/NAHCO headquaters NAHCO Ikeja using IMPC building as your address, since that is where items are being dispatched to various branches. This way your percel waits for you to be cleared by you not some anonymous agency that will cart away with your item by bribing the customs. for more help check my status i work at NAHCO nipost headquaters
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by amaifehenry(m): 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2020
Damn! Too many complaints. Which one do I handle first.
Please be advised that it takes about 2 weeks for a shipment to arrive Nigeria. Lagos Head Office to be precise. If you ordered for some goods and you’re yet to receive your package, then the following must have occurred
1. You probably ordered between April- June 2020. During this period the IPA made sure that all postal services would halt. Borders were closed. So no receiving of mails. But if by now you’re yet to recieve it and the shipping party shows delivered then something is obviously wrong. Just like every institution there are bad eggs! We encourage you to come over to the State headquarters with evidence and details of the shipment

2. Wrong or Bogus address: Seriously some people don’t know how to put an address. I’ve seen cases where the address is not clear or have faded from the package. Remember we aren’t Powerful enough to guess your address, if the package doesn’t clearly show your name or address. So when you want to order please attach real name, Phone number and correct address. If you live beside a university or famous establishment always use that place as your address. It’s easier to track. Don’t just put G.R.A! Virtually every state has one. In this case it’s back to sender!

3. Value or content: Avoid ordering for banned items. Customs can seize it even before it reaches us. So you know!

4. Bad eggs!: Just as I stated earlier. We can always investigate if you come forward with details. Nipost has an investigation department.

5: Human error/Mis-sorting: No one is above mistake. Sometimes staff mis-sort and it goes to the wrong place and gets stuck for a while. But it is immediately sent back
Send your story to edwardwilliam431@gmail.com. Let’s see how we can help. Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by RosyIsBlessed: 3:18pm On Sep 21, 2020
That's how I ordered a big headphone since last year and I've not received. Meanwhile AliExpress told me it's been delivered. Called the Nipost offices and none agreed they've seen it
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by bashsani(m): 3:25pm On Sep 21, 2020
playcharles:
We need to create an hashtag, this are set of bag eggs, I made an order for jewelry on AE since May, till date noting ... On AE the tracking shows it has arrived destination
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Adex2442: 3:28pm On Sep 21, 2020
HarrierJumpJet:

I don't what's wrong with Nipost ooo, I ordered for a phone on June 4th, till now it is still showing despatched to overseas, I don't know if it's Nipost that stole it or they refused to sort it, all I know is they are just too incompetent and I even called their customer care to track it for me and they told me that it's on its way to Benin, till today I've not seen the phone. thank God I've collected my money but it's painful that the seller just lost his money like that but ive decided to source for it here, if it comes I will sell it and refund the money.

That benin nipost office is very incompetent
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by WaleRock: 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2020
My cousin sent 2 iPhones to me via USPS through NIPOST, but they withheld it and lied that it was returned.

I made several efforts to retrieve it, even went to their head office to lodge a complaint.

The more people know about this thefts, the better.

It is so painful.

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 4:06pm On Sep 21, 2020
amaifehenry:

I’m sorry about the unfortunate incidents. When you order a package. A shipping fee is attached. Then it gets to the destinated country Which in this case is Nigeria. The period which you made the order was during the global lockdown era due to covid. So mails weren’t coming in. Not until the border was opened anyways. But I’m sure with the date your package must have arrived. Normally the packages arrive Lagos Office and are then sorted by dedicated staff to the various state where It is then resorted at state level to get down to the addressed city for pick up. Please what’s your state/address. I strongly advice you to locate the State headquarters immediately to file for a missing item. Make sure you have details of shipment (Tracking no, Name of sender, Your name/username, a valid ID. We will surely investigate it ASAP. Deeply sorry for the inconvenience it might have caused you. N.B I’m limited to what I can say here. But I do hope you get the help you deserve. edwardwilliam431@gmail.com. Cheers!
Thanks for your concern. As tiring as my own situation is, I'm not the only one as there are others who have been waiting before me.
I stay in lagos.
I believe the post office also told me that packages have to go through impc at nahco before it reaches designated post offices.

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by NomzyJust(m): 4:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
Have been using NIPOST for more than 5 yeara now and still haven't had any issues with them. Last week I received an item that was shipped since March. I ship phones too but only via Ebay and I use a 3rd party shipping company. That way I get to avoid paying outrageous custom fees.

The best way is to get a shipper, talk to seller about your shipper, pay and send seller your shippers address. Your shipper will ship to you in less tine compared to AE long ass shipping.

By and large, NIPOST have been very good to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by amaifehenry(m): 4:22pm On Sep 21, 2020
Lemonz:

Thanks for your concern. As tiring as my own situation is, I'm not the only one as there are others who have been waiting before me.
I stay in lagos.
I believe the post office also told me that packages have to go through impc at nahco before it reaches designated post offices.
To anyone who wants to ship something valuable, Please make sure it’s registered and Not LC (ordinary mail). This is an insurance. So once issues like this come up, simply walk to the nearest head office (not branch office) and file for damages. Investigation will be done ASAP and you will be paid

6 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by bobbiiee: 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2020
The post master general of the federation is a responsible man. I was greatly impressed how he handled my case when a staff made me pay above the required amount. He did justice to the issue. The money was refunded. Both the manager and the person next in-line to her called to apologize. The person who handles his correspondences was called when my friend had issues with his bike delivery service. Search his contact online, you will be glad you did.

Valentinooo:
On the 7th of March, I ordered a phone which was shipped on the 18th of March. Ever since then, nothing has been heard of it.
The memory card I intended to use with the phone was ordered two days later, and that one has since arrived.

From the lamentations on the aliexpress thread, I noticed a lot of people are also in my situation.
They bought phones which refused to deliver whereas the accessories they ordered days after ordering the phone got delivered.

This lead to the assumption that nipost staffs are deliberately holding on to these phones for reasons best known to them.

I don't want to believe these phones are being stolen by those that are meant to deliver them to us.

Why will I buy a phone with my hard earned money only for it to be stolen by people who are meant to deliver the phone?

This is corporate robbery and should be condemned.

How will a phone come all the way from China without missing only for it to get to Nigeria and get missing?

I have to create this new thread to make our plight known to the whole world.

I have also tagged those who are having this same issue.

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by amaifehenry(m): 4:42pm On Sep 21, 2020
NomzyJust:
Have been using NIPOST for more than 5 yeara now and still haven't had any issues with them. Last week I received an item that was shipped since March. I ship phones too but only via Ebay and I use a 3rd party shipping company. That way I get to avoid paying outrageous custom fees.

The best way is to get a shipper, talk to seller about your shipper, pay and send seller your shippers address. Your shipper will ship to you in less tine compared to AE long ass shipping.

By and large, NIPOST have been very good to me.
Thank you so much! Good reviews finally! Another pointer is that Aliexpress is somehow at loggerheads with Nigerian Customs and Nipost. Due to several credit Card fraud purchases by Nigerians on the site. Sometimes this factor contribute to delays. Try eBay or wish app. It’s simple and fast! Not to discourage anyone that used Aliexpress or wants to use it anyways. But always check your mail to see if the shipper has notified you that your package has arrived your local post office! Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by bobbiiee: 4:46pm On Sep 21, 2020
Reach the poster master general on this email,
pmg@nipost.gov.ng
He is a good man. He handled my case and that of my friend.

Valentinooo:

Seriously, this is another bad image for Nigeria.
If aliexpress kept refunding Nigerians for items that have been shipped to their country, then it's only a matter of time before they blacklist us.

2 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Hamdy6: 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2020
I advice that the affected people do different videos from different locations and bombard the Facebook with it,very soon their Oga patapata will do something about it.

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 4:55pm On Sep 21, 2020
Hello. I have sent a message to the email you provided cry
Awaiting your reply
amaifehenry:

Thank you so much! Good reviews finally! Another pointer is that Aliexpress is somehow at loggerheads with Nigerian Customs and Nipost. Due to several credit Card fraud purchases by Nigerians on the site. Sometimes this factor contribute to delays. Try eBay or wish app. It’s simple and fast! Not to discourage anyone that used Aliexpress or wants to use it anyways. But always check your mail to see if the shipper has notified you that your package has arrived your local post office! Cheers!
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 5:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
bobbiiee:
Reach the poster master general on this email,
pmg@nipost.gov.ng
He is a good man. He handled my case and that of my friend.
I've heard this somewhere before that the post master does help out. I just didn't know how to contact him/her.
Is sending a complaint to the email guaranteed to get a reply? What do you think?
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by numen(m): 6:06pm On Sep 21, 2020
Please take this report to Twitter and tag both Nipost and other relevant bodies. You'll get swifter response and action there.
Valentinooo:
On the 7th of March, I ordered a phone which was shipped on the 18th of March. Ever since then, nothing has been heard of it.
The memory card I intended to use with the phone was ordered two days later, and that one has since arrived.

From the lamentations on the aliexpress thread, I noticed a lot of people are also in my situation.
They bought phones which refused to deliver whereas the accessories they ordered days after ordering the phone got delivered.

This lead to the assumption that nipost staffs are deliberately holding on to these phones for reasons best known to them.

I don't want to believe these phones are being stolen by those that are meant to deliver them to us.

Why will I buy a phone with my hard earned money only for it to be stolen by people who are meant to deliver the phone?

This is corporate robbery and should be condemned.

How will a phone come all the way from China without missing only for it to get to Nigeria and get missing?

I have to create this new thread to make our plight known to the whole world.

I have also tagged those who are having this same issue.

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Ebullient07: 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2020
Very sad thing. I don't think it's just phone they hold on too though. I ordered a bag last year which got to the designated post office around January ending. I couldn't pick it up because of work and requested a transfer to one where someone could easily pick it up for me. Na there the drama start. The woman on my transfer case frustrated me to the point where I lost it and lashed at her. That was when she now effected the transfer.
I ordered another item - wrist watch- which is reported to have gotten to Nigeria since but I never hear pim. I'm not disturbing myself again though, make them chop am. It's to by stuff here and move. Can't be wasting money on items that will not materialize at the end of the day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by femijay8271(m): 7:07pm On Sep 21, 2020
petitejolie:
Nigerians are terrible people. Dey do terrible things to themselves even the elderly ones u will call egbon are worse. I told my oga o send dis phones through dhl he carried his coconut head and gave it to one egbon to bring it with him to naija. Getting close to a year now both egbon and the phones are no where to be found. He can’t reach him. All these people that carry egbon like mini gods. Egbon oshi egbon were that lacks integrity. We have millions of this useless egbon in Nigeria and u expect Nipost to be alright. Mtchewww... and men should learn to listen to dier women most times. They have better instincts . The thing can pain ehnnnnn

kare, ku ishe, awon Tani egbon oshi?
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by amaifehenry(m): 7:35pm On Sep 21, 2020
numen:
Please take this report to Twitter and tag both Nipost and other relevant bodies. You'll get swifter response and action there.
Then you will be wasting your time and data. Nipost is a government parastatal, they enjoy anonymity. You can do video and Post no positive feedback will come through. This is not fedEx or DHL that employs people to manage their SM handles. The best you get is what I’m offering you here. It’s a good thing your packages are registered and not LC. This means it’s insured. Now you have two options. A. Wait for a week or so for your package to arrive. But if the shipper (Aliexpress) has said delivered or reached your local post office and you’ve not seen it after checking your local post office, then file for a missing package. Investigation will be carried out ASAP and you will be paid simple.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by iscom(m): 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2020
We have done well, but don't stop the fight. Until we get there. Copy the thread link, go to twitter and tag whoever you want to tag to provide a lasting solution to this ugly situation.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Adesusuu(f): 8:52pm On Sep 21, 2020
Omo! God forbid I ever use Nipost again, those people are thieves. So incompetent.

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Midex88(m): 8:58pm On Sep 21, 2020
amaifehenry:

Bro. I sent you a mail. Thanks
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by amaifehenry(m): 9:27pm On Sep 21, 2020
Lemonz:
Hello. I have sent a message to the email you provided cry
Awaiting your reply
Replied!

2 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by GreatSage: 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2020
ademijuwonlo:

That is the best thing to do o. I heard some NIPOST staffs take their children to work and ask them to open packages and they steal the content especially if it is money or value items. One of the children confessed it to my Sister.
It is better to ship using DHL and other reputable delivery service providers though they are expensive, you are guaranteed of getting your packages without headache.

Can you imagine? We need to Checkmate this people, they are behaving as of we are not paying tax to the government.. We all pay tax directly or indirectly to the government.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by numen(m): 9:44pm On Sep 21, 2020
Next time don't be absolute in your submissions. If we can get SARS to return citizens stolen funds, get court-marshaled and jailed often on Twitter, we can get NIPOST to come up with policies and strategies that will put an end to this behavior and of course get his package returned.

It mustn't be a one way approach. The above can be done while pursuing other angles for solution.

amaifehenry:

Then you will be wasting your time and data. Nipost is a government parastatal, they enjoy anonymity. You can do video and Post no positive feedback will come through. This is not fedEx or DHL that employs people to manage their SM handles. The best you get is what I’m offering you here. It’s a good thing your packages are registered and not LC. This means it’s insured. Now you have two options. A. Wait for a week or so for your package to arrive. But if the shipper (Aliexpress) has said delivered or reached your local post office and you’ve not seen it after checking your local post office, then file for a missing package. Investigation will be carried out ASAP and you will be paid simple.

2 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Cherryberry456(f): 10:36pm On Sep 21, 2020
Midex88:
Ordered a phone since May 16, dispatch on June 25th. Nipost say them no see am. This is really crazy. I hope nipost Top Officers are seeing this
same with me o.. since 25th of June. I called them, they said it's not in Nigeria
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by na2016: 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2020
11Anonymous:
I ordered a small phone on July 23rd, it was was shipped on Aug 1st. I no see phone for past 1month, I went to the Post office to track it for me, they decided to help me track it after waiting for an hour, they said it has been in Naija since Aug 21st.

I neva see phone till now. Today na Sept 19.
I won't be surprised if AliExpress stops shipping to Naija. They have really lost a lot from shipping to Nigeria.

Do you have the reg number? Can I check something for you?

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by sweetkev(m): 7:12am On Sep 22, 2020
I ordered from AliExpress since July 11 but Ijebu ode Nipost has stolen my items cos it's over two months now.

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by aniplus: 8:20am On Sep 22, 2020
amaifehenry:

Kind of sounds like you're trying to protect the "bad eggs" from being discovered.
We all know how powerful social media is. It can even topple governments, so you can't say the best is what you're offering.

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Ooe33: 10:09am On Sep 22, 2020
This is a sample of one of the chats I've had with sellers. When u look at some of ur orders. U see a thick on Gifts. Cos peeps don't get to pay custom duty for gifts.

Lemonz:
grin nothing but respect oga.
All the orders I've made and seen people make, I don't recall them mentioning this part of the transaction.
Are you talking about buying in bulk?
Or is it that the seller just does it without saying anything.
Anyways I'm just saying that I've not seen whwre anyone was made to pay fees to receive any order shipped with AliExpress standard shipping.
Except for the post office charges but that's a different thing.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by ihustlehard: 10:54am On Sep 22, 2020
I bought two android phones last year, one for me and one for a friend,
My brother the phone ,we didnt see oo
Called nipost severally, it was no where to be found

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Gadgets from Anker, Amazon, JLab, Xiaomi, Haylou, Soundpeats etc. / How To Download Whatsapp For Blackberry Paid Version For Free (pictorial Guide) / Automatic Car Jack , Wheelspanner And Tyre Pump - Just Push A Button

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.