Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? - Technology Market (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? (37885 Views)

We Buy For You From Aliexpress,1688 &taobao And Ship To Nigeria / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 10:55am On Sep 22, 2020
Ooe33:
This is a sample of one of the chats I've had with sellers. When u look at some of ur orders. U see a thick on Gifts. Cos peeps don't get to pay custom duty for gifts.

Aight. I see that now. I'm guessing sellers just go ahead and do it without asking. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by sholey4love: 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2020
Am not left out. i bought a xaiomi phone through aliexpress standard shipping on 5th of august and from another seller a phone case and glass screen.
all were purchesed same day. not up to two weeks i got the phone case and glass screen but am still waiting for the phone up till now.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Midex88(m): 5:39am On Sep 23, 2020
The last time I checked nipost concerning my order of May 16, dispatched to oversea since June 25, A phone, which I am yet to receive. I was told that the package hasn’t arrived and the tracking is showing invalid.
Am really disappointed and sad because I am about to loose money just like that.

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Entrepreneurrr: 2:47pm On Sep 23, 2020
amaifehenry:

2. Wrong or Bogus address: Seriously some people don’t know how to put an address. I’ve seen cases where the address is not clear or have faded from the package. Remember we aren’t Powerful enough to guess your address, if the package doesn’t clearly show your name or address. So when you want to order please attach real name, Phone number and correct address. If you live beside a university or famous establishment always use that place as your address. It’s easier to track. Don’t just put G.R.A! Virtually every state has one. In this case it’s back to sender!

At the bolded. Please my name is not correct their, but every other details (Address, phone number) is correct
Can i still get my package
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Hayqiu010(m): 9:40am On Sep 24, 2020
Entrepreneurrr:

At the bolded. Please my name is not correct their, but every other details (Address, phone number) is correct
Can i still get my package
Yes,you just use the name on it to claim your goods at the post office

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by yusufu16: 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
indigene:
In cases like these extend your buyers protection at AliExpress, let's say 20 days before the item arrival.
If you item arrive you will receive an alert of its arrival, DON'T DELETE IT
Visit nipost.gov.ng and track your package. It will precisely indicate the post office where the item is.
Retrieving your item becomes difficult, if you have incorrect post code number.
Every post office in the world has a post code number, assuming you are living in an area for example Ikeja and it's postcode is 120000 and another post office at Ajah is 120003. And you are living in Ikeja and you mistakenly input 120003. Please your parcel is at Ajah. Check your post code.
I have had this issue before.

I think this might be problem with so many people. I think people don't put postal code or thy use wrong Postal code in their address. I ordered on AliExpress on August I received my goods this September in tack through NIPOST
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by yusufu16: 1:07pm On Sep 24, 2020
Bobxin:

Was waiting for this response, before dropping this.
Bro. I bought same drone (DJI Mavic 2 zoom) from Jumia (shipped from abroad) it was delivered to warri Delta state, where I received it with my valid I.D end of story. If I'm buying again, I'm buying it through Jumia.
Simple consumer drones video producers use all over the country.
This lawless country is bleeped from all sides.

In some countries kids even use drones as toys. But in Nigeria we have go through NSA and seek clearnance first. hmm wahala too much for this country
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by ibietela2(m): 1:59pm On Sep 24, 2020
2kurupt:

Sup man, am also based in Port Harcourt and would like to know the private shipping company you use

I use shoptomydoor.com

2 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by 2kurupt(m): 3:50pm On Sep 24, 2020
ibietela2:

I use shoptomydoor.com
Thanks, I'll check them out
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by dukeo(m): 4:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
ibietela2:

I use shoptomydoor.com

Do they ship from aliexpress?
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Emily22(m): 4:35pm On Sep 24, 2020
dukeo:

i only saw UK and USA on the website
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Silphoenix: 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2020
Well, I've been following this thread with keen interest. And I believe the author is right about the theft.
My story goes like this:
I ordered for a tablet that cost me about $450 on the 12th of June, 2020, order was shipped on the 14th of June, 2020. I waited and waited and waited. Tracking eventually showed package was handed to destination postal admin since 22nd August, 2020. Since then, I have visited my local post office to inquire about my shipment at least 5 times who always claim that package is yet to arrive. The last time I visited the post office was last week on the 18th of September, 2020. Meanwhile, my buyer protection expired on 13th September, 2020, and I had 15 days to open dispute and request refund. All these while, I had been in contact with the seller who was very cooperative and always urged I check the local post office frequently. He finally advised I open a dispute and request refund before the expiration of the 15 days post buyer protection time to open dispute. Which was set to be on 28th of this month.
After all the frustrations, I finally opened a dispute on 22nd of this month. Aliexpress confirmed my dispute as valid and I should wait 3 days for them to investigate process my refund.
To my surprise, I got an SMS to come and retrieve my package at my local post office today. I retrieved it and asked when it arrived. The mail man shamelessly said the package has been with them since on the 7th of September, 2020 (past 17 days) and that my number was not going through.... SMH
I asked why didn't he just hand it over the last two times I visited their office within the time period but he was dumbfounded and speechless.

5 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Emily22(m): 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2020
Silphoenix:
Well, I've been following this thread with keen interest. And I believe the author is right about the theft.
My story goes like this:
I ordered for a tablet that cost me about $450 on the 12th of June, 2020, order was shipped on the 14th of June, 2020. I waited and waited and waited. Tracking showed package was handed to destination postal admin since 22nd August, 2020. Since then, I visited my local post office to inquire about my shipment at least 5 times who always claim that package is yet to arrive. The last time I visited the post office was last week on the 18th of September, 2020. Meanwhile, my buyer protection expired on 13th September, 2020, and I had 15 days to open dispute and request refund. All these while, I had been in contact with the seller who was very cooperative and always urged I check the local post office frequently. He finally advised I open a dispute and request refund before the expiration of the 15 days post buyer protection time to open dispute. Which was set to be on 28th of this month.
After all the frustrations, I finally opened a dispute on 22nd of this month. Aliexpress confirmed my dispute as valid and I should wait 3 days for them to investigate process my refund.
To my surprise, I got an SMS to come and retrieve my package at my local post office today. I retrieved it and asked when it arrived. The mail man shamelessly said the package has been with them since on the 7th of September, 2020 (past 17 days) and that my number was not going through.... SMH
I asked why didn't he just give me the last two times I visited their office within the time period but he was dumbfounded and speechless.

imagine.....sha login and confirm recieved item.....God bless you

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by saint2ace(m): 6:07pm On Sep 24, 2020
Silphoenix:
My story goes like this:
I ordered for a tablet that cost me about $450 on the 12th of June, 2020, order was shipped on the 14th of June, 2020. I waited and waited and waited. Tracking showed package was handed to destination postal admin since 22nd August, 2020. Since then, I visited my local post office to inquire about my shipment at least 5 times who always claim that package is yet to arrive. The last time I visited the post office was last week on the 18th of September, 2020. Meanwhile, my buyer protection expired on 13th September, 2020, and I had 15 days to open dispute and request refund. All these while, I had been in contact with the seller who was very cooperative and always urged I check the local post office frequently. He finally advised I open a dispute and request refund before the expiration of the 15 days post buyer protection time to open dispute. Which was set to be on 28th of this month.
I asked why didn't he just give me the last two times I visited their office within the time period but he was dumbfounded and speechless.

So they intentional hold on to packages and wait while the transaction period elapses and then sign of the package as collected.

This way the buyer gets a refund, the system closes to modification and the package is open for grabs, gosh this guys are smart.

Like I keep saying, only God can help us in this country. We're our own worse enemies... Chai

3 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Uchepele(m): 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2020
Silphoenix:
My story goes like this:
I ordered for a tablet that cost me about $450 on the 12th of June, 2020, order was shipped on the 14th of June, 2020. I waited and waited and waited. Tracking eventually showed package was handed to destination postal admin since 22nd August, 2020. Since then, I have visited my local post office to inquire about my shipment at least 5 times who always claim that package is yet to arrive. The last time I visited the post office was last week on the 18th of September, 2020. Meanwhile, my buyer protection expired on 13th September, 2020, and I had 15 days to open dispute and request refund. All these while, I had been in contact with the seller who was very cooperative and always urged I check the local post office frequently. He finally advised I open a dispute and request refund before the expiration of the 15 days post buyer protection time to open dispute. Which was set to be on 28th of this month.
I asked why didn't he just hand it over the last two times I visited their office within the time period but he was dumbfounded and speechless.
what state pls?
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Silphoenix: 8:40pm On Sep 24, 2020
Uchepele:

what state pls?
Gombe
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Silphoenix: 8:44pm On Sep 24, 2020
Emily22:

imagine.....sha login and confirm recieved item.....God bless you
Sure! Done that.

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Entrepreneurrr: 9:53pm On Sep 24, 2020
Silphoenix:
Gombe
hmm
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by isgombe: 10:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
Silphoenix:
Gombe
Am in gombe too
I was there 3days ago, i don collect an order of 14 august.
But dem refuse to attend to me regarding d ones that took months.
Mayb my own is still with them.
Can u help me with the number that text u pls, i will call and enquire pls?
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Marybolu: 2:13pm On Sep 25, 2020
na2016:

Do you have the reg number? Can I check something for you?

Can you help me track mine
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by na2016: 5:56pm On Sep 25, 2020
Marybolu:

Can you help me track mine

Drop me your reg number.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Samuelon: 5:06pm On Sep 26, 2020
Equation89:
Am beginning to lose hope on my order. I ordered 3 Bluetooth ear piece and 4 silk durag from AliExpress. Since August 8, and it has all been dispatched to the country of origin. I've been tracking it with a tracking app, and I kept seeing on transit.

Now that am reading this different story of stolen or missing items from NIPOST, I don't know if I should wait for the expected delivery date to reach before going to post office to track it.

Lol

We wey don here since june grin

2 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Samuelon: 5:20pm On Sep 26, 2020
indigene:

I am not working for nipost, don't let them fool you, do not accept that defeatist illogical statements.
It is working

It's not working. You can't track shii
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Cibadau(m): 6:00pm On Sep 26, 2020
I think we should also look into the problem of NIPOST website not tracking our our orders. Most of the time, the tracking is stops at arrival in destination country. It is the duty of NIPOST to update the tracking information from there to final destination, that way one can easily know the situation of his item.

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by ibietela2(m): 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2020
dukeo:

I don't know
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Kamaye(m): 6:55pm On Sep 26, 2020
Cibadau:
I think we should also look into the problem of NIPOST website not tracking our our orders. Most of the time, the tracking is stops at arrival in destination country. It is the duty of NIPOST to update the tracking information from there to final destination, that way one can easily know the situation of his item.
we should tag Hon minister of communications Dr Pantami on Twitter. He should know that someone who is paid to maintain that website is not doing his work.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Babanhajiya(m): 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2020
Kamaye:
we should tag Hon minister of communications Dr Pantami on Twitter. He should know that someone who is paid to maintain that website is not doing his work.
have done that already. We must ensure our voices are heard in the right ears.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Jspider22: 10:43pm On Sep 26, 2020
Nipost edo state stole my IPhone 6 2017 that was sent from Usa till date i nor see dat phone
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by bobbiiee: 9:53pm On Sep 27, 2020
He will respond to the email. Ask him directly for the number that you can reach him on. I did that when i had issues. He is a good man.

I've heard this somewhere before that the post master does help out. I just didn't know how to contact him/her.
Is sending a complaint to the email guaranteed to get a reply? What do you think? [/quote]
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by bobbiiee: 9:54pm On Sep 27, 2020
He will respond to the email. Ask him directly for the number that you can reach him on. I did that when i had issues. He is a good man.

Lemonz:

I've heard this somewhere before that the post master does help out. I just didn't know how to contact him/her.
Is sending a complaint to the email guaranteed to get a reply? What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Midex88(m): 11:09am On Sep 30, 2020
amaifehenry:

Replied!

I sent a mail to you regarding my package. Pls is there any update. Thanks
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by centuryman(m): 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Gadgets from Anker, Amazon, JLab, Xiaomi, Haylou, Soundpeats etc. / How To Download Whatsapp For Blackberry Paid Version For Free (pictorial Guide) / Automatic Car Jack , Wheelspanner And Tyre Pump - Just Push A Button

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.