Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting (1304 Views)

Edo Decides 2020, Result From Vanguard / Edo Decides: They Are Rigging Me Out – Gov Obaseki Cries Out / Edo Decides 2020- Live feeds, updates, real time pictures from polling booths. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by BarristerAlarig: 10:15pm On Sep 19, 2020
Good evening everyone. I wouldn't bore anyone with irrelevant information, so I'd go straight to the point.

I am an indigene of Edo state. I am from Ikpoba okha LGA, ward 5, unit 28. The voting center is Oguola secondary school located at St saviour.

Aside the late arrival of electoral officers and materials, which was expected by the way, I experienced something very disturbing.

There was no privacy when voting. Party members were with us while we voted. PDP agents gave out N1000 to people who cast their vote for PDP while APC agents shared N1500 to voters voting their Party. The other political parties didn't give out money to the best of my knowledge.

Aside the disturbing trend of vote buying involving both PDP and APC party agents, another alarming trend was security personnel aiding these party agents or turning a blind eye. The security agents were aware,involved and aided party agents in vote buying.

The most disturbing of it all was the lack of privacy while casting your votes. Party agents had to see who one votes for before the ballot paper is inserted into the ballot box. I had to shout at these mad men before i was reward with 2seconds of privacy.

I'd love to write more, but I am tired and sad about the state of things. Nigeria has gone to the dogs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by ojun50(m): 10:21pm On Sep 19, 2020
I have put the price of this country in Ali express, Ebay, jumia and others

This country is for sell

2 Likes

Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by BarristerAlarig: 10:23pm On Sep 19, 2020
ojun50:

This country is for sell

The country should be sold.
Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by rexlims(m): 10:27pm On Sep 19, 2020
At op, I concur with u. I actually cast my vote in esan north-northeast. With what I saw today, I have come to d conclusion that PDP winning this election is largely dependent on d neutrality of d police and INEC.

1 Like

Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by Danwakae(m): 10:57pm On Sep 19, 2020
BarristerAlarig:

...Boko haram, Fulani bandits, kidnappers, religious intolerance, internet's fraud stars, bad leaders... No country will want to buy bad market.

1 Like

Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by Burstscam: 11:00pm On Sep 19, 2020
What a scam of election!
Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by BarristerAlarig: 11:35pm On Sep 19, 2020
rexlims:
At op, I concur with u. I actually cast my vote in esan north-northeast. With what I saw today, I have come to d conclusion that PDP winning this election is largely dependent on d neutrality of d police and INEC.

The million dollar question is , can the police and INEC be really neutral??
Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by Bash92(m): 11:39pm On Sep 19, 2020
ojun50:

This country is for sell
How much is the whole south, north central + only Kano, kebbi and Bauchi state.

Name your price i wan biy
Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by HotPoundedYam(m): 11:46pm On Sep 19, 2020
BarristerAlarig:

The million dollar question is , can the police and INEC be really neutral??
they are both political tools in the hands of the federal government
Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by EMMY76: 11:53pm On Sep 19, 2020
BarristerAlarig:
Good evening everyone. I wouldn't bore anyone with irrelevant information, so I'd go straight to the point.

I am an indigene of Edo state. I am from Ikpoba okha LGA, ward 5, unit 28. The voting center is Oguola secondary school located at St saviour.

Aside the late arrival of electoral officers and materials, which was expected by the way, I experienced something very disturbing.

There was no privacy when voting. Party members were with us while we voted. PDP agents gave out N1000 to people who cast their vote for PDP while APC agents shared N1500 to voters voting their Party. The other political parties didn't give out money to the best of my knowledge.

Aside the disturbing trend of vote buying involving both PDP and APC party agents, another alarming trend was security personnel aiding these party agents or turning a blind eye. The security agents were aware,involved and aided party agents in vote buying.

The most disturbing of it all was the lack of privacy while casting your votes. Party agents had to see who one votes for before the ballot paper is inserted into the ballot box. I had to shout at these mad men before i was reward with 2seconds of privacy.

I'd love to write more, but I am tired and sad about the state of things. Nigerian has gone to the dogs.

Vote buying is a new invention of the apc.
Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by otokx(m): 11:56pm On Sep 19, 2020
The best rigger always wins.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by maramara: 12:01am On Sep 20, 2020
Nigerian election is "You rig, I rig, the highest rigger wins". Election no be war, Edo no be Lagos". Maramara 2020.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by BarristerAlarig: 12:15am On Sep 20, 2020
Danwakae:

...Boko haram, Fulani bandits, kidnappers, religious intolerance, internet's fraud stars, bad leaders... No country will want to buy bad market.

What is the way forward then?
Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by BarristerAlarig: 12:16am On Sep 20, 2020
HotPoundedYam:
they are both political tools in the hands of the federal government

My point exactly. There are no fair elections in Nigeria
Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by HotPoundedYam(m): 12:45am On Sep 20, 2020
BarristerAlarig:

My point exactly. There are no fair elections in Nigeria
don't worry barrister.go to bed, rest... I believe you really want to make NIGERIA better but there are really few men like us ...

there is a reason why Africa is regarded as a 3rd world continent. we need to sensible law enforcement agencies that are not compromised

1 Like

Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by akinloye19995: 2:35am On Sep 20, 2020
:The million greenback answer is , can the officers and INEC be really neutrality?? they are both politics toolkit in the fingers of the state goverment
Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by babyfaceafrica: 5:57am On Sep 20, 2020
akinloye19995:
:The million greenback answer is , can the officers and INEC be really neutrality?? they are both politics toolkit in the fingers of the state goverment
he who plays the piper dictate the tune. As long as government keeps paying their salaries, they can never be independent

1 Like

Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by Danwakae(m): 9:45am On Sep 21, 2020
BarristerAlarig:

What is the way forward then?

Since we aren't moving forward, we have to go back to the drawing board, where we started from in order to get it right. But if we keep decieving ourselves at this particular point of no direction. Collapse, and confusion await us.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by frankyychiji(f): 10:03am On Sep 21, 2020
OP you have not said anything worthy to ruminate over.

Vote buying... this is not new and it's a given.

If you want to write, please be sure you are ready before picking up your keyboard. Not attach big headings to an empty thread.
Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by joshjc(m): 10:14am On Sep 21, 2020
Very correct,obaseki did not win the election because he's in PDP, he won because Edo people love him,

Both APC and PDP are the same,and both were involved in vote buying,in my unit PDP paid 3k, while APC paid 5k
Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by Pmedia7787: 1:46pm On May 07, 2021
BarristerAlarig:

Message you here to get contacts quickly
Re: Edo Decides 2020: My Experience Voting by BarristerAlarig: 2:40pm On May 07, 2021
Pmedia7787:

Message you here to get contacts quickly

I don't have for sale. I was going to help you scan for free but seems mine isn't old enough. I got it last week.

(1) (Reply)

A Message From An Ugandan / Tension In Rivers State Again As Triller Full Of Fulani Ammunitions Were / Is Buhari Really 80years Old.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.